Where should I go from here?

So my fiancé and me was kind of forced to live with his cousin in a two bedroom apartment. The apartment is in his uncles name and it belongs to him not anyone in the house. The cousin refuses to clean or pick up after the multiple people he has in and out of here on a daily basis. Two of the men he has had over here peed all over the toilet and bathroom floor and I had to be the one to clean it up. My fiancé just had surgery on his back and is on very serious restrictions so he can’t do much at the moment. But even he has done more for the housework than his cousin even after his surgery. My fiancé refuses to say anything to him and says it’s my place and not his. He yells at me because he doesn’t want to be in the middle of it. I feel like he is totally ok with me being disrespected and unappreciated by his cousin. I’ve even deep cleaned and made the house looks wonderful and 3 hours later the bathroom has hair and water all the place and the kitchen counters are filthy because hos cousin messed it all up. I’m at my end with this and I just need some pointers on where to go from here

131 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Where should I go from here? - Mamas Uncut

Time to move out! Your an adult.

14 Likes

You’re not forced to be anywhere. Take care of yourself first. You’re all you’ve got.

6 Likes

Go tell the uncle whose name it’s in or yell at the cousin and get on his ass till he starts cleaning his mess up. Don’t take his shit, kick him out if you.have too

Go find your own place! If your fiance can’t stand up for you then you need to stand up for yourself. You are not married yet, these are things gs that you need to pay attention to as it doesn’t get better with marriage

15 Likes

Well it sounds like your fiancé does not appreciate you or respect you either, you may want to rethink your choice of a life partner.

6 Likes

You have a place to stay. Cleaning the apartment is better than living on the street. If it is too much for you, move out

4 Likes

I’m sure he doesn’t mean to make you feel disrespected by his cousin. But he cannot control his cousin. Unfortunately you guys are staying there. It will cause problems if you confront the situation. It’s not your place to say he has to clean the place he is living in. I get where you are coming from. This has happened so many times in the past letting folks stay with us. It never ends well. Hopefully you can get a job and start saving up. Or find your own place.

2 Likes

Gotta find your own place! You can’t force people to change how they live especially when your living with them! Use this as motivation to save up and get your own place!

3 Likes

Forced??? Everything is a choice. Move.

7 Likes

I’d move out and leave them all behind. None of them respect you. If you don’t have respect in a relationship it’s not going to work.

7 Likes

If someone you’re going to marry is ok with you being disrespected, you’re marrying the wrong person.

9 Likes

Sounds like your “fiance” values them over you. He doesn’t care enough about you to place you 1st… Seems like a punk to me

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it since it’s not your place and I wouldn’t go there or bother with it. Maybe get your own place and offer your fiancée to move in with you. If you don’t live there just avoid it.

3 Likes

Are you paying rent? If so you have a right to be pissed. If your living for free consider your cleaning services your rent :woman_shrugging:

8 Likes

Move and get your own place.

2 Likes

Look for you own apartment and move, if your fiancé stays or goes is up to him!

8 Likes

Move. I understand that your boyfriend has had a serious surgery. You’re probably at the cousins because boyfriend can’t work while healing. You should be helping not complaining. Are You working or paying rent? If not, put your big girl panties on and pay the way by cleaning up and taking care of your boyfriend. As soon as he’s recovered move out. I feel like you left parts out. You were forced to live there probably because it’s free while your boyfriend recuperates.

7 Likes

confront him and start looking for a place and move

1 Like

Talk to the cousin. Talk to the friends politely. Put up a sign in the kitchen. Maid is in vacation please clean after yourself. Speak to the uncle. D code if you really want to be in a relationship where only you care

2 Likes

I’d leave myself if my partner and I were not eye to eye on this until he can see I’m serious and make a change but if that isn’t an option for you then sit down with the cousin and your fiancé and explain how disrespected you feel by both of them. Provide detail examples to the cousin on what you’re talking about and call your fiancé out on his bullshit and lack of having balls to say anything in front of the cousin. Clearly state what changes need to be made and if they’re ignored than you don’t hold value to either one of them. That’s your que to go. You may be labeled as a controlling B*tch but oh well at least you’ll be a clean one!

I’d tell em to get the fuck out. I ain’t cleaning up for you guys anymore. Git …

He is ok with his cousin disrespecting you, because he is disrespecting you by yelling at you.

Something has to change. You don’t need to be there

3 Likes

Stop doing it… clean what you mess up and help the fiance out that is it nothing else.

1 Like

This isn’t going to change. You’ll have to deal with it until you move out. The only thing I can think of to do, is to talk to the person who is making the mess! They can choose to change or not.

1 Like

I wouldn’t even be helping/marrying your fiancé. What a “man” to let you fend for him and yourself.

3 Likes

Leave and get your own place

1 Like

That’s descusting. &. So. Wrong I’d get. a. Court. Order for. Him. ,. The. Cousin’ to. Leave.!! Take. Pictures. To. Prove to your. Point. Cause. Otherwise. It. Might. Not. Resolve. The. Problem
Good luck

Find yourself another man asap

1 Like

…we’ll start working savin money and moving out

3 Likes

Or how about instead of complaining how the OWNER chooses to live…you get your OWN place? You can’t move in with someone and then dictate to them how they choose to live.

10 Likes

My ex housemate was like this. He never washed up so I put all his dirty plates etc in his bed. He moaned like hell but at least washed up after that.

4 Likes

Do you have incomes coming in?? #MOVEOUT!!!

Pic his mess up put in his bedroom

1 Like

Either you move out or dont clean. Spray the bathroom with heavy lysol till they cant breath till they get it. Since they are men, dont clean kitchen. Clean your own mess as you go. I’ll say leave a trace of “redness” in the bathroom shower and floating chocolate in the toilet bowl and see how they feel gross at it !

4 Likes

Leave them both and get your own place. Your playing mommy w 2 grown men

9 Likes

This situation sucks all the way around for sure… I don’t think your fiancé is trying to be mean or unsupportive, I think he’s trying to encourage you to speak up to the cousin for yourself since it appears that you’re the main person who has an issue with said cousin’s (lack of) cleaning habits… if you’re going to marry this guy you have to be able to talk to your future family members… best of luck

3 Likes

Get yourself your own place.

4 Likes

Honestly, you know the answer. You just wanna know your feelings are valid. If your “fiancé” doesn’t care and lets others walk all over you, it’s not love. There’s no respect at all, clearly. If you won’t or feel like you cant advocate for yourself then maybe I would consider leaving. No one deserves that shit.

You already know.
Accept it is what it is
Or move out.

2 Likes

Move to your own place… problem solved :woman_shrugging:t2: nobody is FORCED to be where they don’t want to

3 Likes

Some people are content to live like pigs. The men aren’t going to clean up after themselves because apparently their mothers have always done it… or their partners. Until now at least. I wouldn’t want to do it either, especially if they mess it up as soon as you clean it. My best advice is to get a job somewhere and put pressure on your fiancé to move into your own place. If he won’t move, go by yourself. If he loves you, he’ll follow. If he doesn’t follow, at least you’ll have one less person to clean up after. Let the guys live in their mess.

3 Likes

Are you paying rent? If so then I would call him b/c you are paying to stay there & so is the cousin so it shouldn’t be just you doing everything. If not then sadly you can’t do a whole lot. As for your fiancé, he needs to help confront the situation because it’s his family. He should be sticking up for you b/c you are now his family. If he can’t do that then throw the whole man away b/c he will let his entire family treat you like garbage. You know this is how he is so if you marry him that’s going to be your decision to marry into disrespect.

2 Likes

Open the door and walk out! You are a big girl, know your worth!

4 Likes

ANYWHERE but THERE!!!

1 Like

Home. Your own. That’s where you go from here. If the apartment belongs to cousin he is allowed to live however he wants to.

6 Likes

get your own place ASP

1 Like

Get a job, get your own place and a new man as well.

6 Likes

Start looking for your own apartment.

Move out or stop cleaning up after everyone other then you and your significant other

1 Like

If he is good enough to stay there,suck it up buttercup

I think I would be figuring out a way to get out of there.

1 Like

,why clean up after a slob , Get your own place

1 Like

I’d move out no way I could put up with that I’d rather live alone in my car…not even kidding

1 Like

Living in someone else’s home complaining about the way they live, how’s this go get your own place you sound like a nagging bitch

Stop doing it. Easy.

2 Likes

Get out and get single. A man that doesn’t have your back isn’t a man worth having.

6 Likes

Seems like Yall need a new place to live.

2 Likes

Write notes that say clean up your pee and pubes please and put them all over the bathroom. Your fiancé probably doesn’t want to start problems with his uncles son because it would most likely be you and him that would be asked to leave if you started conflict. We don’t get to choose how clean and polite other people are, especially in their own residence. If you write notes it’s not specifically to one person. Your fiancé can’t defend you when it’s not his house and his cousin probably didn’t ask you to clean up the pee.

Use your big girl words and tell his cousin to get his sh!t together! Why bother your boyfriend whos just had back surgery when you should handle the issue yourself?

Move out be single problem solved

1 Like

If thats how they want to live, fine. Move out

Go somewhere and get your own place.

Move and get your own place.

2 Likes

Where are u planning on living once you’re married? How were you forced to live there? Whats up with the wimpy,?disrespectful fiancé

1 Like

Get your own place? Common sense here!

1 Like

My last paycheck was $ 17169 working 19 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 16k for months now and she works about 2o hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out.

Check This >>>> https://phenomenal-salamander-2c2c9c.netlify.app/

My answer to the situation is how I handled it…I had just gotten out o the hospital and hubby and son argued over who was going to do the dishes. I was at the end of my tether and couldn’t stand it. I told them both to go to their rooms I would take care of it. They left and I pulled the trashcan over to the table and started slamming all the dishes into the trashcan breaking everything. They came rushing back and wanted to know what I was doing. I told them I was taking care of the dishes and they wouldn’t have to worry about doing the dishes ever again. They took over what was left. A few days later there was an argument over who was going to do the pots and pans. I came out and told them to leave it I’d take care of it. They both scurried to get to the pans before I put them in the trash. I did the same thing with clothes and items left lying around. If they cared about it they would have taken care of it and put it away when they were finished with it.

Stop cleaning after everyone and start saving money to move and speak up tell your cousin he and his friends are grown and need to clean up after themselves especially in the bathroom.

2 Likes

You are not a doormat, don’t let them treat you like one.

2 Likes

If this is the dynamics before marriage you need to consider this will always be a battle in the marriage. It’s up to you to decide. Not as a threat of leaving but off actually leaving the chaos and disrespect behind.

1 Like

It is HIS cousin, so it is HIS place to say something. Sounds like he could care less about you. Better to find out now than later. Time to move on, on your own, and find someone that cares about you. You can do it.

1 Like

Take cousin to a opsm he needs glasses if he can’t see filth his blind

That would be my ex fiance

3 Likes

How about out the door?

2 Likes

How are you forced to live somewhere? Do the adult thing and do what it takes to get your own place.

9 Likes

Tell the uncle about it. Its his place right?

1 Like

Family meeting. But be careful if you have no where else to go. And it’s the cousins apt. His dad owns

2 Likes

It’s his cousin not yours and you cannot be forced, that’s kidnapping

2 Likes

Safe up and move out asap.

3 Likes

I do wonder just why you were ‘forced’ to live with your fiancé’s cousins apt??? Now as for the men peeing all over the toilet, unfortunately that is a man thing. If they don’t want to clean up after themselves, then you will ahve to, If you don’t like this situation, then leave

2 Likes

Time to move on fast

5 Likes

You said it’s your fiance’s uncle that owns it, I’m assuming it’s his cousins dad. That being said, as much as it sucks, not a thing you can do about it. You can day something to the cousin but if that’s your only place to live right now, it wouldn’t be your best option, as he might have his dad kick you out. So best thing you can do, is suck it up and work towards getting out of there. So you can have your own house and not have these problems. Until then though, kinda in a rock and a hard place.

I’d give the lazy oinker his walking papers.

1 Like

It all come down to choice. You have one!

1 Like

Don’t marry him. Run as fast and far as you can. If he wants to live in filth then you get out and let him.

1 Like

Obviously you pay rent or the coysin woudnt have you there…move out on yoir own, even if its to a motel at first…being alone is better than being taken advantage of in any form.

5 Likes

Get one of your besties to help, set his cousin up on a blind date with for dinner there.

How/what “forced” you to live with him? Talk to the cousin about cleaning up. If he doesn’t start clean up his messes bring it up to the uncle. If nothing changes still then move out?
You’re basically living how it is to have a couple toddlers in t he house :joy:

3 Likes

I am not sure as to why you were forced to live in the situation you both are in currently. If you would maybe provide some insight( if not that is okay) As for the adult “men” urinating everywhere ? No, that is absolutely not your “job” to clean up after hogs . Yes, I said it . No one should be making an excuse for their nasty bathroom habits . If you are able I would seek other living arrangements if that is an option for you. It is his cousin, he should go with you and have a respectful conversation . Everyone living their I would encourage to pull their weight. Now, I know you stated your bf just had surgery.( he should not go against his restrictions). Is there a room or bedroom that you all have to yourself ? A separate bathroom? Do you think or feel this is their way of pushing you and your bf to leave ? Again, I am not sure what the circumstances are… however , I would encourage you to vacate that apartment as soon as you’re able to financially .

4 Likes

Move out as fast as you can. NOW. You are being used as a maid

1 Like

I would lay down the law with your fiance that he needs to straighten out this mess not you. Then when he refuses and keeps saying its your problem, I would leave and never look back. But that’s me.

1 Like

The fiancé would be my ex fiancé if he wouldn’t deal with the situation.

I don’t clean up after grown men. And if you yelled at me when I asked you to deal with the situation, I’d find a way to get enough $ to move out, alone.

6 Likes

Look for a place of your own. until then try and be loving towards your family member but don’t do any more then you should for you and your fiance.

Best bet is to move !!

It’s time to make a choice… You know what choice.
Either stand up for yourself or don’t but if he won’t stand up for you now, do you think he will after you’re married?

2 Likes

You weren’t “forced” to live with his cousin. Y’all made the decision to move in there, based on your situation. Where you go from here, is to your own place.

You’re the maid… and you’re the maid because you allow yourself to be the maid. Stop it. Stop cleaning up after everyone. Clean up after you. Period. I don’t care if you have to hover like you’re using a gas station toilet. Do whatever you have to do, and stop cleaning up after everyone else.

3 Likes

Find another place pronto!

Get a job and move out on your own i would run as fast i can from this situation

5 Likes