Who is in the wrong here?

Tell your husband to grow up!! You are always going to be involved with your Ex when it comes to your children.

6 Likes

That’s childish and ridiculous as long as you have children with the man you’re going to always have to communicate rather it’s about sickness weddings graduations every day life so he is being very very childish and needs to get over it

2 Likes

That’s ridiculous. Regardless of their age, you are coparenting these kids and your current husband needs to get over it.

4 Likes

I would be concerned about what he’s doing… mr. guilty conscience

9 Likes

Before you Married him. Was their ever a Red Flag that he felt this away. Surely something come up too were you were alittle Suspicious on how he felt about your Ex. And the Children. I hope you get this straighted out. Because when it comes too the Chilren their will be times were you’ll be CV in the same Room and some Conversations on your Kid’s. Graduation’s Grandbabies, Etc. Think God their Not Babies because you’d really have too talk too your Ex. Meeting up too exchange Visit’s. Etc. I wish you hope because if you really Love this Man it has too hurt. Hopefully he’ll come around and Realize these Kid’s are you and your Ex’s for Life.

2 Likes

Tell him to grow the hell up where In 2021 you have child to this man. For me me he’s seems to be controlling you tell him he sorts it or you’ll be the one divorcing him

1 Like

He is an idiot. Give him a divorce if he wants to threaten it. The fact that he’s upset with you for speaking to your ex about your children is a huge disrespect to both you AND your children…

3 Likes

Divorce him first. He sounds nuts.

8 Likes

He better adjust…kids come 1st

2 Likes

Some things the kids can talk with the ex about; however, there is somethings as parents to parents need to talk about

2 Likes

I feel like I’d want to know the contexts of the messages, I just dont feel like he would be threatening divorce over innocent messages? Has there been a history that has him reacting that way? I’d just need more info before giving advice on this topic

2 Likes

My kids are 18 and 15 and her dad and I talk all the time about them. We co parent very well and its because we communicate about how to handle certain things with our kids.

Your husband is being selfish.

2 Likes

Insecure idiot, let him leave he isn’t mature enough for a relationship.

6 Likes

Surprise him with divorce papers, cause he’s an idiot

3 Likes

Wtf!!! Let him divorce u… he will be doing u a favour. Control freak manipulative twat

5 Likes

Let him divorce you. His loss

IMO you’re both in the wrong! He really may feel that you doing it behind his back is cheating(it is a lie) but at the same time… If you’re discussing YOUR kid’s with their father, their shouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

So why havnt you left a man who will divorce you for effectively coparenting your child which is the best way to raise a happy well adjusted future adult. Any man who threatened me with divorce for communicating with my kids dad would be shocked at how fast I’d have him served with divorce papers.

9 Likes

That’s weird :rofl:…I’m glad my husband isn’t insecure even though me n my kids dad aren’t on speaking terms :grin::joy: even when we was at one point which was rare my husband didn’t act psycho :rofl: I would tell that controlling fool to get lost smh

He’s an ass!!! Tell him to hit the road!

Whether he likes it or not your kids dad will always be in your life. He knew that when y’all got married. My boyfriend talks to his daughters mom and I talk to my sons dad. No problems here.

2 Likes

Your current husband is insecure and full of :poop:, don’t let him threaten you, that is almost as bad as abuse, I would give him his divorce, stand up for yourself

6 Likes

Your husband is immature and selfish, nothing is more satisfying than two parents being civil especially when it involves children. Tell your husband to shape up or ship out!

6 Likes

Why would you still need to talk to his dad? They’re grown adults now?

He sounds very jealous, I don’t care the age of your children if you feel like you need to co-parent that is your duty as a parent and you owe that to your child. Your husband needs to come to an understanding about this. My siblings and I are all grown up, I’m 24 and they are 26 and 28. My dad got the short end of the stick in the divorce but he still tries his best to talk to my mom and try to co-parent with her whenever any of us need support. Yes your ex is your ex but he’s also the father of your children and he will never be out of your life and your husband needs to just be cool with that in some way or another.

8 Likes

This husband of yours is borderline nuts. Let him get a divorce!

4 Likes

He’s being ridiculous and immature

2 Likes

Let that controlling, insecure and pathetic moron leave! He will be doing you a favor!! You have nothing to hide, and you and your kids don’t need his BS in your life.

6 Likes

My ex-husband will forever be in my life. My two oldest children are 31 and 25 and i call talk to him about them and he calls me and talks to me about them. We are forever their parents even into adulthood. Its wrong that your husband tells you not to, and he clearly does not know what healthy boundaries are and has issues he needs to work through.

9 Likes

Your Husband Needs To Grow The Fuck Up & Stay In His Place Or He’d Be Doing You A Favor By Leaving.

Sounds like you married a manchild…my condolences

9 Likes

That’s just fn stupid! My husband will always communicate with his ex over his 27yr old child and I will always communicate about my 23&20yr old with my ex if need be. We are civilized grown ass adults! When we got together we both knew we had been married and had kids so I just think it’s a given (especially with under age kids). He clearly has some issues. I don’t do jealousy so I couldn’t deal…

Red flag! Sounds like an excuse for himself,because he is doing something wrong!! NEVER let anyone or anything come between you and your children…she should be able to co-parent and not feel guilty or hid it from your current husband. He’s jealous of someone and that’s not healthy.stand up for yourself and call his bluff.

2 Likes

if u have kids with someone else even if they are older or adult u are taking care of their mental health with communication dont ever put a man over your kids hes a butt

Yuck. What!? lol let him go then… bizarre

I think you need to add more details tbh.
Like who often do you speak to your ex?
For your husband to think so strongly, I’m assuming you probably speak to him far far more then what is needed for a 20yr old and a 17yr old.
The 20yr old is a grown adult, mum and dad shouldn’t be needed much communication at all.
An 17 yes some, but really not that much either :confused:

1 Like

You cant deal with this he will be jealous about something else after this

Its all about boundaries.

Sounds like he’s doing you a favour….

Tell your husband to get a grip. I am on friendly term with my 4 kids dad, always will be, beneficial for kids and grandkids. Your husband is a control freak, put him in his place before he controls the next thing in your life.

6 Likes

Huge Red Flag. You have to stand your ground on this. He sounds controlling and insecure. Maybe a Narcissist too. Let the Child carry on not speaking to you and don’t let him see his behaviour is getting to you. You have done nothing wrong!

1 Like

Sounds like you need a 2nd ex

1 Like

Bye bro leave the keys on your way out

2 Likes

Do yourself a favour and serve ya “husband” with the divorce papers… sounds like a wank

You have to communicate to your ex about your kids. WTF. Thats not cheating!!!

1 Like

Shouldn’t be a problem as long as there is boundaries and then line is never crossed. But as the wife of a man who has a child with another woman, the love I have for my husband and step daughter is unconditional. Do I like his baby momma? No. Do I like that they speak? No. But do I understand they have to co-parent? Yes. The only problem is, my husband has set boundaries for her and she crosses them every chance she gets. Not saying it’s your fault, but is there a reason he’s uncomfortable? Does your ex cross boundaries and are there any boundaries? If that’s not the issue then let him go.

Tell Him to grow up. You have every reason to talk to ex, you have kids together. He is so jealous its toxic.

1 Like

Got divorced when my daughter was 13 still talked to her mother when she was 33 would still be talking to my ex if she hadn’t passed away

1 Like

I’m 30 and my parents still communicate if anything is going on with me or just about me in general. There’s nothing wrong with healthy coparenting

The mans an idiot your better off without him!!

1 Like

He’s very insecure I would threatening to divorce him he needs to grow up he knew you had children with this man when he got with you so what he’s doing is unfair and emotional blackmail !! Parenting doesn’t ever stop because the kids are teens if so you need more contact when they are teens get rid of him the man child ! Xx

6 Likes

You will always need to co-parent. He can participate if he can control his jealousy

He the father of your children. If he can’t and still hasnt accepted you will probably always speak to him in some form he needs to GROW UP

4 Likes

If he can’t handle it he shouldn’t have gotten with you

3 Likes

Why would u need to talk to big unless ur kids are disable

No matter the age of your children, you will be forever connected to your ex because you both created life together. 1 is still deemed a child! Of course you’re going to speak to each other about them if that’s all you do talk about. Your husband knew you had children with an ex when you got together and agreed to marry. He needs to look into his own feelings of jealousy and paranoia over this and where it’s stemmed from. You need to work with him on this too as to what you may be doing to possibly fuel his insecurities. I’m not saying you are at all but something is fuelling his upset, whether it’s you or history rearing it’s head and that’s affecting his rational towards you and your ex

1 Like

You have kid’s with this man he is going to be involved with his kids … Now if no kids were involved then yes he would have a reason to walk away

1 Like

Sounds like he needs therapy. You’re going to talk to your ex about your children their whole lives. I wouldn’t stop talking to him as long as it only involves your children. That’s the only time I talk to mine and my son is 21. So it’s not very often.

2 Likes

Red flag. If you cannot talk to your own kids other parent then you need to run. That’s controlling and unnecessary

7 Likes

Sorry but your husband is a moron. Communicating with your ex is gonna happen as you need to parent together and eventually grandparent together. I think he’s just throwing divorce out there because that’s the only thing he can blame you for :woman_shrugging:t4:

He’s selfish and insecure and needs therapy.

7 Likes

Maybe he wants a divorce and that’s his only reasoning

4 Likes

How about you tell him the same thing. He won’t go anywhere he just has a problem. Do u have kids together if not,is the issue with him or u? Because this sounds alot like is ego is playing tricks on him

Your husband’s a complete ass!!

When they get married, have children or any other thing adults do where family is involved, will he expect you to still not speak to your ex? I say file first. Good riddance

Honestly the worst part in this is how you all jumped to conclusions.
If this was the other way round, she would be praised for wanting to leave him :woman_facepalming:
Imagine she texting her ex everyday? What if her eldest child doesn’t even live at home? Why would she need to speak on behalf of an adult?
Something definitely has been planted for him to be so “ott” about it :thinking:
What’s his side of the story?

7 Likes

I say if he keeps threatening with DIVORCE!!! You should just go a file the divorce paperwork first, because he doesn’t trust or respect you as a Wife.

5 Likes

When things come up like accusations of cheating its usually because they are.

3 Likes

I guess the only question I have is are the children your ex’s? If so well then your husband needs to accept that is what parents do. And if they are not welp then he has every right to be upset.

1 Like

HE is the father of your children! You have to speak to him. Your Hubby needs to GROW UP!! IT IS NOT CHEATING!!!

2 Likes

Hes in the wrong n tell him to go ahead and file if he cant handle you talking to your kids dad

Is there more to this? It’s odd to think your SO is mad that you talk about your 17 year old to his dad? If there is more and he felt a certain way and discussed it with you that maybe what’s bothering him. If it’s seriously just because you talk about your child id be concerned. But if you are overalls friendly with the dad like if he feels youre flirting etc then I’d just not do that. Is there more to this story?

He need to look up the definition of. Co parent

2 Likes

Grow a pair and get over it :rofl:

No its called co parenting

4 Likes

DIVORCE one should always be able to speak with your childrens ex spouse… And believe it or not be able to celebrate the kids and grands together…

2 Likes

The kids are old enough to talk to there parents.I think your just making excuses to connect to x.Hubby needs to leave you.

9 Likes

You’re not wrong at all. You have children together. Just because they’re older doesn’t mean you stop speaking. Your husband sounds very insecure.

5 Likes

Oh rubbish what a tantrum chucking boy

3 Likes

He’s the issue not you. Clearly

Your husband is wrong. He’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

If your ex is the father of your children, you are co parenting. If your husband can blame himself cause you had the children first, he should have never gotten with a woman with kids already

3 Likes

put it this way. once kids hit 18 are they no longer your kids?? fuck that guy (sorry for cursing) . KIDS always come first

Sounds like he doesn’t trust himself and it’s become a reflection of the way he treats you. Either he has cheated or you have so which one is it?

2 Likes

Let him leave. Better yet, tell him to go. And just wait until his friends and family finds out why. They will be incredibly impressed with his ignorant rear end :woman_facepalming:t2::roll_eyes:

1 Like

Tell him to grow up it’s co parenting!

Tell him…Ill help you pack your bags !!! So immature

4 Likes

Wow, why is he so insecure? He’s being ridiculous.

He’s wrong… he’s being a child. He’s insecure & the divorce threats get old quick. He’s using it as leverage to manipulate you. Don’t hide it, tell him every time you talk to him and if he doesn’t like it that is his own problem he has to work out. I’m good friends with my long term ex’s and my husband is okay with it. I went out drinking with my ex a few weeks ago & my husband picked me up after :rofl: because he’s not insecure and he’s trusts me.

3 Likes

Tell him to grow up. Get over his little balls too while you are at it. Those are your kids, that come first and just bc they are pretty much grown doesn’t mean you and dad can’t speak about them. She here’s the thing, your ex is their DAD, not just an ex…threatening divorce is a blessing. I wouldn’t want someone who had to have that much control over me…you can do better…so can the kids…coparenting is always better for all and if your husband has an issue…then he is the problem.

1 Like

He sounds like a Insecure 17 year old child

get rid of your husband.

1 Like

He’s an idiot. Let him go!

I’d help him pack then :woman_shrugging:t3: Regardless of their age, he’s still the father of your children and communicating with him about any worries, fears, etc is normal coparenting.

9 Likes

He is cheating himself. That’s his way of making you feel guilty.

6 Likes

Accept the divorce lol sorry but u married an insecure child. Your kids come first no matter what ages they are… you are gonna have to speak to your ex sometimes thats just how it works

10 Likes

Your husband sound like an insecure child. FYI that’s emotional abuse.

I have a 20 and 16 yr old and my door would hit my man’s ass so hard on the way out if he ever gave me an ultimatum like that.

Girl I would leave. He obviously don’t give two shits about what’s best for your children.

2 Likes

Ur husband is very wrong. No matter their ages u will always need to talk to ur childrens father. My sons are 33 n 28 both with their oen children. I still need yo communicate with their fathers.

Your husband is very immature. Just because the kids are grown he js still their father and will always be apart of your life in some aspect.

1 Like

He’s wrong. So wrong. He shouldn’t have married you in the first place if that was going to be an issue