Who should be the first to meet new baby: Grandparents or big brother?

Why not have the whole family there?
Why does one have to be more important than the other?

My mom aka grandma to my kids was there first but she was in room for all 3 my kids delivery to. Will b for My 4th baby due in June to. My older kids watch the youngest ones after birth and relax for hr or so my husband will leave to get all the kids to have them meet their new sibling.

Or why can’t grandparents and your son be there? I think you both are making it a bigger deal than it should be. If they get to the hospital first who cares. If your son arrives there first, who cares :woman_shrugging:t3: Both are important. I get as a mom your kids come first and so I get why you’d want your child there first but they are so little I don’t think it’s a huge deal who sees the baby first in that situation. That’s just my opinion though.

2 Likes

It’s very concerning he mentioned “half brother”. Thays a major red flag.

2 Likes

The way I did this was grandparent picked up my daughter and they waited outside the room while she spent time with her brother first, then they got to come in.

Why don’t you have them all meet at the same time have the grandparents bring the older brother have your son come say hi and do his thing then (if this is what your wishes are) hand your baby to the grandparents for a little bit. Then you don’t have to deal with the whole meets the baby first issue

Whoever is there when the baby is born.

For the ridiculous women saying who cares…She Cares! The fact that he called her son half brother is offensive. Maybe she wants to bond with her children before being bombarded by other people. Giving birth is beautiful and yet tiresome. Maybe she would like to take a moment with her babies to bond first. How are you all mothers and can’t understand that?

3 Likes

That fact that you even asked him was your first mistake. The baby’s coming out of you, no? Don’t let someone control you.

2 Likes

Why can’t they all get to meet the baby at the same time? I’m sorry to say this, but this just all sounds so immature. They can all meet the new baby at the same time.

2 Likes

Why not them at the same Time

I had my mom and husbands mom in the room with me. But after the baby was born they left out and my older children came in and it was just me dad and the kids for an hour and then we let everyone else in. I made sure I told everyone the plans before hand so no one was waiting or could be upset. You are the one having the baby. I feel like you should do what makes you comfortable.

1 Like

My kids were some of the last to meet their siblings. My kids didn’t meet one of my daughters until she was 3 months old and out of the NICU. She was born during RSV season so no one under 18 was allowed in. My parents were always first after dad, it just always ended up with them driving me to the hospital. My sister brought my kids and that is usually when she met the new baby. With all of that said, I would have lost it at the half dibling comment, that sounded like a jab bevayse he is being childish over something petty. Mom has final say so she is the one pushing baby out and if its important to you he should respect that.

1 Like

He’s an idiot. His brother is immediate family. Grandparents are not. They can wait.

My son met my daughter 1st.

Have the child there when you deliver along with the grandparents…

Why does it matter? Are you planning to put her back? :grimacing: Everyone has time to meet her. Don’t go borrowing trouble. If they are at the hospital then they meet her first. Your older baby will probably be asleep when she comes. Lol! Babies seem to like middle of the night or wee hours of the morning to be born.

I’m in a same situation. I have 2 kids from a past marriage and my fiancé and I are now expecting. I told my fiancé that though I know his mother is EXTREMELY excited about us having a baby, I want my daughter and son to meet their new baby sister first. I don’t want them to feel excluded, I want them to know that they are part of all of this and we will now be one happy family. Grandparents need to respect that. They can wait a few extra minutes until the kids have a chance to meet her first.

1 Like

and why exactly cant they all meet baby at same time i mean all three of my kids got to meet everyone at once my mom their sister i have a set of twins, the only one they didnt get to meet first was their fathers but thats a total different story and there was only my mom my grandparents and their big sister

2 Likes

I’d say big brother. Can get the any pictures you want in before the rest of the fam storm in seeing the new baby.

1 Like

We told everyone our oldest got to meet baby first that way he could introduce his little.brother to everyone making it special for him.

2 Likes

How about the Grand Parents bring the son in and they all meet their new family member at the same time?

3 Likes

SO. even without hormones the “half brother” comment would have pissed me off. But, with that being said… my parents brought my other kids… with them to meet my new baby for the first time. (Dont come at me I didnt know how else to say it and I still feel like it sounded Terrible)… wtf. That’s their sibling whether it be step half bullshit…its SIBLING. I’m just saying I’d be pissed regardless cause the HALF comment was unneeded.

Does it really matter

1 Like

You sound so damn dumb and so does your dumb ass boyfriend.

If grand parents are there an you son is not. It only make sense the grand parents should be able to see baby.

1 Like

Its your choice not his or his family and his comment would piss me off

Why not have grandparents bring big brother and meet new one together

2 Likes

I was raised with a very blended family and raising one too, we dont use the words step or half- you are brother/sister. Tell the boyfriend to suck it up and brother is coming in first bc his feelings matter more.

Who cares as long as every1 meets the baby…2 much power trippen n petty shit

Siblings first to me & will be when I’ve a child with another man than her father.
They’re prob just super excited to show their family. No reason cant meet eachother after ye have finished with sibling.

My just turned 4 year old was in the room and watched the birth. Most hospitals will allow this (without telling you) because they cant really tell you you cant bring s child if you don’t have childcare. Problem solved <3

My son wont he there :woman_shrugging:t3: hes gona be with his auntie and coming to see us after my mom and bd will be in the room while I deliver so grandma will be the first non parent to meet him

Immediate family first

Why not at the same time? When I had my second grandparents were watching our son. They brought him to meet his sister. It worked well.

1 Like

Brother 100% and I’da flipped of my s/o even thought over ever saying half like so are these grandparents half as well? They are nothing to you. .

3 Likes

Siblings meet the baby before anyone else

For me-siblings first

U had my mum as well as my hubby as birth partner, so she met first just cos she was there. Then our other children get to meet baby, then hubby’s mother, then my sisters etc… c

Brother. It was a special moment when our son got to meet his sister before anyone else.

Big brother. I would have LOSSED IT at “half brother” anyone who thinks like that wouldn’t be sticking around long In my life. That is his baby BROTHER. half, whole, adopted or foster, doesn’t matter. A BROTHER is a BROTHER. In my opinion he should meet his little brother first

7 Likes

The grandparents and the older brother should meet the new baby together. Someone has to bring the child to the hospital.

4 Likes

My kids were always first but usually came with my mom. I told people they could only come after my kids. Though my 2nd came fast and mom missed the birth so she came before getting my oldest as it was 5 am

Why don’t you have grandparents bring the little one

I’m a half sister, it sucks stop that before it start he is her brother period no half shit. It makes you feel bad. You and your son are a package deal no stepson or half brother!!!

I’m sorry but the word half brother should never be used unless they don’t really know each other or weren’t raised together. They are brothers period.

4 Likes

your son should meet his baby brother /sister first :slight_smile: go with whatever feels right to you, sad that your partner seems to think it’s ok to put your son on the back burner I would be making sure this does not become the norm and as for the half brother nonsense seems you might be needed to make a firm stand for your son :frowning:

Well first there should not be the distinction of half brother or sister they are or will be Your children so that makes me angry and as for the other follow your heart

Why are you arguing about such a thing? Why does it matter? Let them all come in together if it bothers you. SMH, 1st world problems…:roll_eyes:

5 Likes

Have him in the room with you so he was technically the first to see him and then his parents right after. Aren’t the Grandparents going to watch the little boy anyways so they would meet at the same time. It’s pretty douchy that he’s acting like that.

1 Like

Why does anyone have to Be first? The Little bro won’t remember it. Just see who happens to be there. It won’t matter to baby either. Parents can come in together?

1 Like

Out of ALL the arguments he had at his disposable, he went with half brother? Id tell him to reform his attitude NOW or big brother will be the first before even him. Fuck him and his stupid opinions.

Both. Same time. Crisis averted. :woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

It doesn’t matter to big brother, he won’t remember. At this point I’d be a bit more concerned with your big giving your son the respect he deserves.

1 Like

Brother! You immediate family is first then extended family

1 Like

Together? My daughter met her baby sister the same time grandpa did (my mom and MIL and of course hubby were all in the room when I gave birth).

1 Like

Whoever’s there first. His parents meeting his child first, to him, is just as important as your son meeting the baby.

1 Like

His comment was disgusting. If have thrown something hard at him!
Also, siblings meet baby first. THEY are the ones that need to bond and big brother needs to feel included and not pushed aside. Tell his parents to wait until you call them and let them know you’re ready for visitors!

3 Likes

My grandparents took me to meet my sister when she was born. My I laws brought my oldest to meet my middle (my parents lived 5 hours away and were in route when she was born) and my mom brought the oldest to meet the youngest. The two youngest are only 14 months apart. Let the grandparents bring the brother. Everyone gets what they want that way

SIBLINGS FIRST. Why should the grandparents, whom will more than likely forget about the baby when the new wears off, get the privilege of meeting the baby first. And your boyfriend needs a reality check. Or maybe he can wait in the waiting room and meet the baby after the sibling and grandparents, since you know he is only half of the parents.

1 Like

…wow, half brother. Saying that makes me let the boy see him first no matter what.

1 Like

Why not at the same time, geesh?

1 Like

Big brother. And how dare him say half they came out the same mom they ain’t half. We don’t use halfs anyways ick

3 Likes

Who’s going to be watching your son? I’ve never liked the term half brother or sister. Doesn’t make you any less of family. My grandparents watched my oldest and they all got to meet the baby at the same time. Your baby will meet the whole family, it doesn’t matter the order.

The siblings should get to meet 1st makes them feel apart of it

1 Like

I was the one in charge of bringing my grandson to the hosp to meet his sister. It was awesome.

Really is it that serious?

Why cant they all meet new baby together?💁

Hell no. That half brother comment has me pissed. IMO it goes siblings then grandparents. Siblings having those initial bonding moments is more important imo

1 Like

I have never considered any of my siblings half bc I have been there since day one of all their lives! (7 of us)

So of course big brother comes first unless grandparents are bringing him then of course focus on brother holding and exploring the brother role first!

Whoever is there first to meet my child will meet them.

I’m early in my pregnancy and my 8 (will be almost9) year old son will meet the baby first :woman_shrugging:t3: sorry to both sets of grandparents lol

Well this is weird to fight about. Who ever is at the hospital waiting meets LO first. Why would you expect his parents or yours to wait longer or next day if they are already there waiting? Why can’t brother be with them waiting? After all my kid’s we had a 1 hour window were we could have everone meet LO at once. My second meet her brother same time as everone else. They took pictures and helped when LO or she started crying etc…with my last son the older 2 were at home. It was flu season so no kids could come to ward. so any family that was waiting at hospital meet LO before they did. They got to meet him the next day when we got home. I would never expect his parents or mine that had been waiting at hospital to meet LO. For my kids to finally arrive. We just made it all special when they did. Kids never cared who meet who first. Just how we included them once there or home.

You might as well leave now.

The fact that you felt the need to even ask him that question.

And his response.

HELL NO.

He WILL be treating the baby differently than your son.

THIS IS NOT OK.

The fact he called your child HALF.

THIS IS NOT OK.

WHO DOES THAT SHIT ?

You are in a BED relationship and it’s only going to get worse.

PLEASE PROTECT YOUR SON.

Brother! I had both my parents and my husbands parents in the waiting room and sent my husband to get my oldest. Then only when i was settling in and able to finally feed the baby did i let anyone else in the room. And not one person was upset that my son was first that day.

Are you in trouble already. This will be the least of your problems. He’s replying half brother and the new child being his . You can love other children that aren’t yours. I’m afraid he will show a big difference and that’s where the problems will come in.

5 Likes

I believe Brother…
My grandparents met our son first though because they were outside waiting the whole time and I had problems with my birth so it wasn’t the best for my partners son to come.
He came the next day though.
So next baby my stepson will meet our kid first

I’d say sibling should meet the baby first, grandparents can wait!

When we had our second we asked that no one come to the hospital until we asked. My hubs and I enjoyed the moment (the whole first day) together. I remembered the hormonal chaos of the first born and wanted to enjoy the birth of my second. Grandparents where watching brother at home. Day 2, We then allowed the grandparents to bring brother to the hospital and everyone got to meet him at the same time. It worked beautifully. It was enjoyable for everyone to see the oldests reaction. Plus, I felt good enough to snuggle my oldest and introduce them myself without being interrupted by nurses etc. it made the process easier for everyone.

2 Likes

Big brother should deff get to meet first. Ugh I hate when people use the “half” term when it comes to siblings. Good luck with that, this is YOUR birth story, you stand firm and get what YOU want.

1 Like

Why is this such a big deal? It sounds suspiciously like control to me, on the part of the boyfriend AND his parents, who want to be “first” and “proper”. I say either they all come in together, or the brother first and then they can be the first grandparents to meet the baby instead of the first relatives. Good grief! Doesn’t anyone realize there are more important issues to disagree about?

The half sibling mentality needs to be shut down. I only have half siblings but none of us say it or mention it until it’s asked why we don’t look a like or as for my “newest” brother, why we just met a few years ago because at the end of the day those are MY SIBLINGS. If it was my daughter with my current boyfriend, I would want my daughter to meet her new sibling first. Is it possible for the grandparent’s to bring your son with them? 2 birds, 1 stone🤷‍♀️

1 Like

Brother first although my parents met my second born first because my mum was my birthing partner and my dad picked her up. You could always get the grandparents to bring your son in to see the baby then have some time alone just you and your children

That gets to me too. Half, step, full doesn’t matter. He’s still brother regardless. I have a step daughter, my oldest son is my husband’s step son and we share a child together. We treat our kids equally and love them equally. Yes, big brother should be the first if that’s what you want!

Can big brother be waiting with the grandparents? Unless you are talking about making grandparents wait weeks or even days to meet the baby, I don’t see what there is to get upset about. Big brother can have a few minutes with baby before grandparents come in.

Oh I’d be pissed too. Big brother all the way. My oldest got to come in first when my youngest was born. Sent a nurse to get her and only her from waiting room. I let her have a magical moment to take it all in and be in awe over her little sister. And half or not, still brothers forever.

My mom met all her grandkids before siblings did. I think it just means more to her than it did my kids meeting they’re baby sister or brother. But they were also younger too and didn’t really understand.

I dont think your dude realizes the magic and special moment that you will het to have holding both of your babies together for the very first time. Thats the moment for you that will make you complete.
Thats your child. He (and new baby) will always trump grandparents and everyone else in this world.
And I’d lay down the law about that “half” brother crap right now. Go ahead and nip it in the bud or I guarantee you’ll notice your bf treating your son differently and thats unacceptable.

My husband refuses to use the terms “half” or “step” in regards to our kids. That would have been my biggest problem.

Your son is first and your boyfriend is an idiot. I’d cuss to express my disgust but i love this group to much to risk being banned

Siblings always… They will live with this child and share every koment from there on out with the new sibling… They need that first connection more importantly than the grandparents do in my opinion

Why can’t the grandparents bring your son in and they are see the baby together?

Tell the grand parents to take your son to see you and they all see the baby at the same time

Stop having babies with every man you meet the dilemma well then stop.

If this was me I would say brother first. But what if his ((step)) granny and grandpa bought him along???

It would really bother me that he said half brother.

9 Likes

I’d say big brother first, or maybe they can come together? I’d also address the half brother comment with your boyfriend. That’s not okay.

5 Likes

If they’re arguing over this…please don’t get married.

4 Likes

In my case my mil brought my daughter to the hospital with her

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter who meets the baby first. Makes no difference. Also , that’s the baby brother, not half brother. Not ok to refer him that way.

2 Likes