Who should have to replace the IPAD screen?

Maybe y’all both should pay half since both kids were responsible for it maybe send her. A text and offer her to pay half atleast u get something back for it if she agrees

:100: yours. If you give a child permission to use it, you accept what might happen to it. It would be a nice gesture for the other parents to pay for it, but definitely not required or expected.

I agree with the other kids dad. Unfortunate accident but he shouldn’t have been allowed to take it outside

1 Like

Also if their house is close just walk down there and ask to speak to her face to face usually people will follow through when u talk to them in person bc it’s easy to ignore a text and block someone

He… he didn’t ask before bringing a few hundred dollar toy out all willy nilly?

2 Likes

It would be your responsibility. Next time I would put s protective case on it and/or not let it be taken outdoors.

You should be responsible first off it should be in a protective case second it should have never been brought outside I would understand if the kid threw it or purposely broke it somehow but something that expensive should be in a protective case especially belonging to a child and my 8 yo son knows you don’t bring electronics outside ever only drones and remote control cars so it is basically your son’s fault also when kids come over I always put expensive stuff up and my son understand that some kids won’t take care of his stuff the way he would

1 Like

Its your responsibility to replace it. My friends kid broke my daughters tablet because they had it in the room it ended up on the floor under the blanket and it was stood on.
I dont think the other parents should have to pay because they weren’t there to watch the kids etc. And i wouldn’t want there to be any awkwardness between us.
It was also my kids fault for bringing it in the room and not watching it :neutral_face:

It would say Your responsibility since your kid took it outside. It be different if the neighbors kids got it on there own or did it on purpose. Good luck

You handed the kid the iPad. Thats your bad. I wouldn’t pay you either if I were the other parents. Don’t hand my kid shit and expect me to pay for it.

Your the irresponsible parent…suck it up buttercup :blush:

If your kid took it outside without a protective cover on it, when it’s supposed to be used inside, sucks to suck but it’s your kid’s fault. If your kid’s friend intentionally broke it, that’s a different story and it should be replaced but based on your info, your kid is at fault and SOL

We have a rule in our house that expensive electronics are not to be touched when other kids are over. I know it sucks but this one, in my opinion, is all on you.

2 Likes

Your kid brought it outside. Unfortunately I feel like it’s his fault. Good lesson for him to keep expensive things like that in the house.

3 Likes

You were supervising the kids, and the other kid didn’t do it maliciously, therefore you’re responsible.

3 Likes

You are responsible!

2 Likes

get the parents to help you pay for it. you pay for the other half.

I agree with the dad, you shouldn’t have let your child take something that expensive and that breakable outside to play with. You knew the risk when you allowed your child outside with it. Kids will be kids, they will share their stuff and they will drop and break things.

Your kid brought it out. It’s your job to replace it. And new rule, no electronics outside at all.

1 Like

Your son took it out. Did you tell the parents beforehand if they break it they buy it? Probably not, so yeah you pay for it. Don’t want it broken then it stays indoors and out of other peoples hands.

1 Like

yours, y the kid even allowed. to have it outside?? also protective case. n if you have insurance on it shouldn’t be that much to fix

You shouldn’t have let him bring it outside :woman_shrugging:t2:

Yes your son should of been more responsible

Electronics like that should not be outside. Your kid is at fault. Was any adults there to witness it was the friend that actually dropped it? You should pay for it.

Electronics aren’t outside toys. Your son brought it outside and it was an accident. You are responsible in my opinion.

3 Likes

Sorry mama that’s on you

1 Like

I mean if I were the parent of the child who actually broke it I would probably offer to pay for half. You’re partly responsible for allowing an electronic to go outside, the kid is partly responsible for actually breaking it.

8 Likes

Totally agree with the kids father. Your son brought it outside. However, if I were the kids mom who broke it, I would offer to split it with you.

On you
You allowed it to go outside

1 Like

I would offer to pay half but it’s on you momma I don’t let my daughter take hers outside

1 Like

Yeah that’s you’re fault

Wow whatever happened to you break it you fix it. Christ people

3 Likes

I don’t think the child’s parents should have to pay. But the parents not allowing the kids to play together anymore is petty af.

I mean, he shouldn’t have taken it outside. But, if her child is the one who broke it, they should cover at least half of the cost.

I feel like it’s the kids parents responsibility to fix it. Their son had it when he broke it, it doesn’t matter who took it outside.

Playing ipads …is for on the couch …car rides …in room …etc .etc…if it didnt break tht day …it would have broke some time or nother …

Your fault. You should of set rules for it.

No outside
No letting anyone touch it
Stuff like that

If it was my kids screen, I’d replace it regardless. Accidents happen. They do have massive cases and screen protectors to prevent that kind of stuff. Unless the kid purposely broke it, just isn’t something I’d put on their parents.

1 Like

Pay for it your self. Lessened learned. Don’t bring stuff like that outside. Also… get a case for it next time.

1 Like

I would say it’s on you, unfortunately. Maybe don’t replace it right now and let it be a lesson to your son that if things are taken outside or used by someone else, they are at risk of breaking. It was kind of them to offer, but if it were me I would decline.

4 Likes

Each pay half. You allowed it to go outside both at fault

2 Likes

That’s a great teaching moment for your child. Be cautious with your belongings and who you loan them to. I would not expect another parent to pay for something my child willingly shared unless the damage was purposeful.

3 Likes

just replace it. your kid knows better? I don’t let my kids take their electronics outside.

5 Likes

You , he should have never been outside with it .Someone shouldn’t have to pay if I let my kid outside with something valuable and someone else broke it … I was was the one that allowed I am responsible

2 Likes

I would NEVER allow my kids to take something like that outside, no less have their friends playing with it out there. I would chalk this one up to a lesson learned. Perhaps have your son do some extra chores to earn extra money so he can help pay for a portion of the repairs. Then he’ll really learn a lesson and I bet he doesn’t do that again.

3 Likes

I hate say it but I think it would be you paying. Same thing happened to me. My kids knew better than to take it outside. A friend came over with hers and out mine went too. They were making videos and it fell over. Sucks for us but lesson learned at my house…… and it’s almost cheaper to buy a new one.

2 Likes

I would never let an iPad outside… I feel that it would your responsibility to fix it because you allowed it where it shouldn’t have been.

1 Like

Each pay half since you allowed your son to take an iPad outside. You knew how much those cost so you shouldn’t of allowed him to take it outside.

Personally, I would just pay myself.
But, I have rules that those type things don’t go outside.

2 Likes

On you. Next time shouldn’t happen.

1 Like

I’m gonna say it’s your fault. There are just certain things that shouldn’t be brought outside or shared with friends. The iPad would be one of them. Also gonna say it’s your fault for not having a proper case on it. We bought our 7 year old an iPad and a case that you could drop it and the iPad was completely protected.

3 Likes

Shouldn’t have let ur son take it outside. In saying that if the other parent said she would pay for it ,she should follow thru, but people are people and sometimes disappoint. If u want ur son to have his iPad back. Just get it fixed

1 Like

Pay half and let the kids start playing together again. It’s just a thing. Don’t take the iPad outside again. Get over it. Move on!!!

1 Like

It’s on u set better rules for the iPad next time.

2 Likes

She should at least help pay for it! But you should have put it up when kids were over

Your child took something valuable outside that should not have been outside and let someone else play with it that had zero responsibility for the item in question. :woman_shrugging: Sounds to me like the natural consequences played out exactly as expected. If you want your kid to have an iPad you should be paying for the iPad. Her kid didn’t take it outside. :woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

Definitely you. Your kid brought it outside…at your house. He’s the one responsible for it.

3 Likes

In this scenario, it’s your responsibility to pay to have it fixed and/or replaced.

If my child has a friend over…and he came inside and took expensive unprotected tech outside (especially if I knew and allowed him to) and he handed to his friend who then accidentally dropped it?
I would consider myself and my child primarily responsible.

3 Likes

You pay because you let him take it outside to let other kids play with it

2 Likes

The other kids probably said your son dropped it
Expensive lesson learned. Always buy a thick case. It could also happen inside. My hubby dropped one of ours on the bed to clean the case, and it shattered. We now put the protective coating on it also

I hate to be that person but why would u allow a child to take it outside to begin with this is in a way your responsibility not the other moms you are the one that allowed for him to take it outside. I’d never expect a child’s parent to pay for something that I let my kid bring outside while they’re playing especially knowing it’s breakable

1 Like

I personally, do NOT allow my kids to take electronics outside. They are outside to play, not sit in front of a screen.

1 Like

It was an accident and the IPad shouldn’t have gone outside. That’s on you as the supervising parent. These things happen. Try getting your insurance to pay for it instead. The kids didn’t mean for this to happen.

3 Likes

I think you should just pay for it. Accidents happen and to be fair it was your child that took it outside. I always tell my daughter not to take her kindle outside as it can get broken. If there wasn’t a case and/ or a screen protector on it, then it literally could of happened at any point anyway. Is all of this really worth a friendship? Put your differences aside and just be careful in the future with things like this :+1:t2:

Sorry Mamma, it’s on you. A good lesson for your son to learn about responsibility, and what happens when you’re careless with your valuable belongings. Don’t let him get away with shifting the blame onto his friend, who he’s already lost over this incident.

1 Like

He shouldn’t have taken the iPad outside or even imo even been letting his friend play with it at all

1 Like

I’d say this one is on you🤷🏼‍♀️ you knew what could happen when you let your child take an expensive item outside around other kids.

Your kid should know that’s not am outside toy. Looks like he leaned a tough lesson :weary:

1 Like

I sounds like they don’t plan to pay for it. Looks like you’ll have to.

50/50 your son shouldn’t have took it outside but the friend is the one who dropped it.I would get a hold of them and say you understand that it’s alot so you just want half covered since it was your son’s responsibility to not take it outside.Let them know you don’t want to argue and don’t want this to effect the kids or anyones relationships…All you want is to be able to replace it is all.Them not allowing the kids not to play is messed up and childish you could also chuck it up as a loss and just tell them you don’t want this to ruin friendships so your willing to let it go.If nothing works then let it go and just talk with your kids because they are upset I’m sure and your son may blame himself since he gave it to him when it broke

Your responsibility! You made that call! He’s a child with permission from you. Can’t say that I know anyone who allows electronics to be taken outside with children :open_mouth: and this is why!

1 Like

Do you own your home? Maybe homeowners insurance?

Why would you send an expensive iPad outside?

1 Like

Your fault. Shouldn’t have let your son take it outside. You pay for it.

2 Likes

Gotta agree with the dad,kids will be kids something like that should have been in a protected case if your gonna lend it out amongst neighborhood kids, better yet left inside. With my 4 year old screen protectors have paid for themselves multiple times over the years.

1 Like

Frankly, I am astounded that you don’t have a protection plan on something you allow kids to play with. This one is on you.

1 Like

Wait. Your guys tablets don’t break?:rofl: I just buy them the cheap ones now because…uh there kids girl. Don’t be to hard on them. It’s literally going to happen. Things are bound to break when kids play at some point!

1 Like

It’s :100: your responsibility. It happened at your house and you allowed the ipad outside

1 Like

Replace it and help your son to make other friends. Just don’t badmouth the other parents. Your son will figure it out.

1 Like

You pay for it. Your kid took it outside.

4 Likes

I think 50/50 since you let it outside

You should pay for it. You let your kids take it outside. My daughters tablet isn’t allowed outside, because it can break easier. Common sense. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I mean you should have told him to not take it outside. Even if you didn’t see him take it out, that should be a rule the begin with. Or should have bought a plan that pays for stuff like that. Sorry but I don’t feel like they should have to pay because YOUR son took it out and let the other kid play with it. If the other kid had taken it outside idk maybe… either way in this situation you should eat the cost to replace it.

3 Likes

In all honesty 100% your responsibility to ensure hard rules are followed to prevent such. Electronics are expensive and used as privilege/reward not to just keep playing on. With my kids it’s permission from mom or dad first, no taking it outside, no friends playing it unless on a soft surface in a carpeted area- with permission from owners parents. That way were it to drop on accident it would land on a cushioned surface less chance of breakage.

4 Likes

According to my son Im the meanest mom in the world cause I dont let him play outside with electronics LOL. This is why though 🤷 its on you I think.

4 Likes

I mean technically their kid broke it so they should replace it but u also allowed it outside when it had no business being outside. I say why didn’t u guys just split the cost because technically both sides are at fault eventho it was an accident.

5 Likes

An ipad… outside… yeah you dropped the ball on this one… some ppl don’t have iPad money either :woman_shrugging:t4:… suck it up and buy him a new one or something that doesn’t cost a lot and don’t let it outside! Also put a case on it!

Reminds me of a post where someone let their kid bring a Gucci watch to school and someone broke it on accident. Stop letting kids go out with these expensive items and making other kids parents responsible for it. If your kid can’t responsibly own something at that age, then stop giving them those expensive items. :joy:

6 Likes

It’s your responsibility since your child took it outside.

12 Likes

Your child took it outside so your responsibility to replace

7 Likes

You or your son. It is your son’s responsibility to his on device,

Provide a proactive screen cover and heavy duty case…

4 Likes

Half and half. He’s right.
Computers don’t belong outside and should be adult supervised JIC this happens.

You let him take it outside
That was your risk
Did anyone even tell the other mom her son had the iPad
It’s sad a friendship was lost over this.

1 Like

Actually had something similar happen. My daughter let a friend of hers play with her phone and the phone became broken in the process. I never even thought to ask her family to replace it because my child let her use it in the first place. Your son let someone else use it, it got busted, it was His responsibility. So give him extra chores or something to “repay” you to have it fixed.

9 Likes

I just asked 2 of my kids, and I agree with them! They said if it’s at our house and it’s our iPad, it’s our responsibility because it shouldn’t have been outside to begin with.

13 Likes

You are to blame.
Unless the kid chucked it, accidents happen. You should have never allowed your son to take it outside. By allowing that you invited this to happen.

Now you’ve ruined a friendship your son had.

6 Likes

Well your child brought it outside and let the other kid play with it. I’d say you should pay for it.

2 Likes

I’m sure it was a accident. Your son should probably not have taken it outside in the first place. Electronics are not toys and if you haven’t taught him that then that’s on you. Maybe the fair thing would be to split the cost but if they are refusing to pay their part then there is not much you can do and I’m afraid maybe you and your son will have to chalk it up as a lesson learned. Nothing worse than a adult feud that effects the kids. :woman_shrugging:t3:

If you allow for it to be outside already and the other child broke it those parents are responsible imo. But if you do not and your child snuck it out then you should fix it.

Tbh it’s your responsibility.