Who should wake up at night with baby?

With both our kids we alternated. The oldest was formula fed and hubby and i would alternate who got up. Youngest was breast fed for the first 5 months, and hubby would get up, change his diaper and bring him to me to nurse.
Parenting is a partnership.

If the man works & the woman donā€™t, its the womanā€™s place!

Both. Me and my husband took turns. He let me sleep from 9pm-2am and I let him sleep 2am-7pm.We took shifts.

Both! I donā€™t like the fact that some people think itā€™s solely the womanā€™s responsibility

That shouldnā€™t even be a question. Both are parents and share responsibility. I do more because Iā€™m stay at home but my husband still helps even if he works he will lose sleep if I need help

Iā€™m the only one that gets up but mostly live alone so :joy:

If youā€™re breastfeeding thereā€™s not much your partner can do to help: if formula then def yes they can help

2 Likes

Both if possible thats a good bonding time

With my current one I am the stay at home mom, he works early morning, so I get up with her if she wakes up, there are a few times heā€™s told me to lay back down that heā€™s got it even tho he has to work. With the first two it was whoever heard the baby cry which was usually me, that was a previous relationship, we both had jobs and worked the same amount but I always took care of the babies and kept the house clean etc ā€œwomanā€™s jobā€

I breastfeed so I mostly do nights but I also pump so while Iā€™m sleeping dad can take over with the bottle. It should be shared responsibility in my opinion.

I think it depends on if heā€™s working and doing all the providing.

1 Like

Personally I done the nights until I developed pnd and couldnā€™t do it so dad had to take over but I believe it should be both parents whom do nights, say mam does 3 nights dad does 3 nights and take turns during one night

Since I breastfed I get up with the baby, thereā€™s really nothing he can do anyways. Plus, heā€™s gone for 8 days & home for 6 days

My boyfriend works full time and is the only income in the house so I wake up with the babies because thatā€™s rude to wake him up if heā€™s the only one paying bills

1 Like

My other half does the last evening fed 10ish so I can go to bed earlier. Then I get up in morning. Been the same with all 3 kids. But we got good sleepers x

Both. Even if you are breast feeding he can get up and get you a drink and also change the baby.

If you even have to askā€¦you need a new partner :woman_shrugging::woman_facepalming:

12 Likes

Am a first time nd single mum to my 3 yr old little girl

From day one iv done all this by my self nd never once asked my family to help on night time feeds or what ever
Iv done this by self

Alternate and be reasonable, donā€™t be childish about it either. Both of you have to take care of each other so ur baby gets the best of both.

Momā€™s knows best. Idc who you are or what your situation. Mom always knows best. Daytime is different but in the middle of the night in pitch black darkness with an infant at least I believe mom should.

Depends on how baby is being fed. Depends on whoā€™s working a paying job.

My husband works 14 on 7 off so he needs all the rest he can get. Plus I breastfeed so thereā€™s really not much he can do through out the night bc Iā€™d be up anyways

Both, they are oth parents.

If he works all day and you donā€™t, itā€™s your job to hold down the fort and itā€™s his job to make a fort for you to hold down

When my youngest was born it was me. He had to work in the am and I didnā€™t. Once I stopped breastfeeding, we both did. I changed baby and he made bottle then went back to bed. Once again he was working and I wasnā€™t. Its only right. He needed his rest with working where as I could sleep in with baby.

I think it should be something both parents talk about so one dose not feel like the other is doing nothing.

I normally wake up with our baby

Both parents. ā€¦ created together. ā€¦ raised together

I nurse, he changes the diapers :grin:

1 Like

I breastfed all mine so he never had to help at night. He didnā€™t really help during the day either. I feel like if he had been a better person he would have helped in the night rather than cuss at me because the crying woke him. Separate rooms for he and I helpedā€¦ he was a jerk and I hope all the mamas with helpful daddies realize how blessed they are to have caring men!

Its the parents! Point blank!

Two PARENT household means two parents :woman_shrugging:t3:

If hes not working then both

ā€¦whoever hears the baby first? Lol

I personally think itā€™s both if bottle fed xxx

I breastfeed so i just stare at my baby daddy and his worthless nipples in anger :joy:

4 Likes

Itā€™s a bit hard to breast feed if you are maleā€¦ but once on the bottle I would do the night shift even if I was working

Both but mostly the moms do it

Solomaama gang FUCK THE USELESS SPERM DONOR WE NEVER NEEDED U YA WASTE OF SPACE MUTT