Why do men take so long to propose?

Idk folks put a lot of importance into things that in the end really don’t matter.
Do you think he’ll love you more with a proposal or a marriage license? Do you think you’d be a better partner?
There’s really nothing to being married but the social construct and conditioning we’ve become accustomed to but honestly it’s not really anything more than what you make it.
I’ve been married twice and also had along term partner for 10 years. Either way with or with out the marriage and all that the relationships were no different because of being married or not. Lolololl
Maybe you’re like a lot of woman who want some fairytale wedding thinking that means something. Again conditioning.
Some folks have small ceremonies, just them two and a promise to be together. Simple nothing to it. But in the end could mean more than some 10 thousand dollar wedding…
In all honesty i think it’s the expectations that are being put on him that are making him have a hard time doing it.
He thinks he’s not enough lady. He thinks he needs a better ring, a lot more money etc. He’s got soooooooo much weighing him down with the expectations of being the best etc. Men have it rough too.
Expectations are evil and very unhealthy. Can create resentment which it sounds like it has already y’all arguing over little things.
You need to reevaluate what’s important to you? Social constructs or the man that loves you outside of all that…

1 Like

I was with my husband for about 10 yrs before we got married. He never proposed we just talk and decided to get engaged. He bought me the ring . We been together now 14 yrs and married 4 yrs.

Talk to him about it. But let me tell you as someone who was once in your position, marriage isn’t everything and it’s a huge commitment and alot of work. I am divorced now with 2 kids and realize I never should have married their father. But all I ever wanted was to get married and have a family but it wasn’t what I imagined for a multitude of reasons and he was not the right man. I’m not saying this applies to you but if you’re happy and love this man and the life you’re building together, no piece of paper is going to change that. I promise

2 Likes

I would do you and your child. Keep busy. Dont focus on the proposal. It’ll happen it took my husband 4yrs. We will be together 6yrs this May ,but will be having our 2yrs. Wedding anniversary in Sept.

I have been with my man for 15 years and we are not married. I do not want to get married or have a wedding but we have a good relationship and people ask all the time when we are getting married and I hate it.

1 Like

If he wanted to be married he would do it. Something is holding him back. From someone who wasted 21 years: 6 dating, 7 living together and 8 married with someone who said he loved me. Trust your gut, if you feel he isn’t going to move to the next step, and that is important to you, you either need to move on or accept you may never be on the same page, and can you live with that? Goading someone into marriage that isn’t ready of doesn’t want it will only lead to an unhappy relationship.

1 Like

My husband and I were together for 6yrs before he proposed (I have three children from a previous relationship so we were veeeery veeeery careful) he used his moms rings but because they are sooo beautiful im always terrified of losing them, I broke the engagement ring (the stone setting is tall) and now I hardly wear his moms set anymore and more often wear a cheaper one that I’m not worried about breaking or losing
So if hes worried about “having a better ring” hes focusing on the wrong things

1 Like

Plan and simple he don’t want to. I’m in the same boat

2 Likes

If you are that desperate for a proposal then propose to him!!

3 Likes

Good day everyone sorry for posting here without your conscent I have just been credited from this platform so I decided to share it with my friends and everyone here so that you too can also join and benefit from it, join the platform and testify too.
you will surely come back and thank me for appreciation. get in touch with Mrs mrs Lisa jennifer by clicking on the links below
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Babe, don’t rush into it…
7yrs here, 3 kids together… yes we both want to but also want to wait and see what the future holds…
You can be together 10yrs finally decide to get married,MAYBE 6mths later divorce…
Wait until you know for certain…
At the end of the day, it is ONLY a piece of paper and you don’t need to prove you’re love for each other…
As long as you both know how you feel and than the one day you’s will be like… let’s get married

2 Likes

I’m very excited earning a lot of money from home through cryptocurrency investment, my life has been a blessing knowing such genius and reliable account manager who guide me through bitcoin trading investment. I start with little capital investment with Mrs Lisa jennifer,she is the right person you need when it comes to trading with full login access to monitor your profit, thank you mam for your trust throughout my investment I’m full with joy. Click on the name below message her and start earning.
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

I have been with my bf for almost 14 years we have a child together. We are not married we have talked about it, but if it bothers you that much then tell him …but are you gonna leave if he doesn’t? Or you just want to be married? Just enjoy your time it will come or it won’t but only you have to decide how important marriage is too you🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like

When a man is ready you will know… mine proposed after 10 months

1 Like

I am so lucky to invest with Mrs Lisa jennifer this is the only account manager I’ve seen to be legit and also keeps to her words, I don’t really know if there are others out there. But I can tell you since i started investing with her I’ve been benefitting from her platform a lot. You can contact her and make your own profit, message her on the name below :point_down::point_down::point_down:

I am still smiling its been so beneficial trying some one new, the step I take was more better and now I can smile to the bank, God bless you for helping the poor🤲Your work speaks volumes of the kind of woman you are thank you so much for the profit

To everyone out there trading on bitcoin, I am not giving this testimony because of something I will get in return but I’m here to share with you what Mrs lisa jennifer has done for me, I’m fully convinced now that she is an expert in forex trade, bitcoin mining and binary option trade. I’m enjoying the benefits of what the financial markets has to offer. Get high profit with minimum investment capital as far as she is involved. She is a manager with difference :point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:
You can contact her personally

I feel it’s him. Either he isn’t ready or he doesn’t actually want to get married

1 Like

I love my man more than anything and also wish he’d propose but it’s only been a year and 3 months. Men are quite simple creatures, maybe he rlly does want the ring to be perfect. Maybe he has a plan but doesn’t have the finances right now or things aren’t lining up for him to be able to do it right now. I can imagine the anticipation you’re feeling but if he told his mama he wants to marry u then it seems like he’s serious about u. I know it’s hard but try not to think about it so much and just focus on the being in love part and it’ll probably happen when u least expect it. My man is all about getting me the perfect ring and wanting his proposal to be the “perfect day” so I guess I’m waiting on him lol even though I told him to get me a damn ring pop lmao but he’s gotta be all cute so I’ma just have to be patient

I proposed 4 separate times and it didn’t make a diff she left and no marriage

1 Like

we’ve been together for almost 5 years as well.
I have a 7 year old , and we have a 6 month old together. and not married.

enjoy the time you have together married or not. in my eyes yall are already married without the paper.
marriage is a choice every day, and that doesn’t Change if you have the certificate or not.

1 Like

Count your blessings :raised_hands:

They only take a long time if you’re a placeholder and they’re just waiting for the woman they actually want to marry. That’s it. Marriage is an institution literally benefitting men and men only for the most part. They all want to get married. If they tell you they don’t want to get married, they just don’t want to marry YOU. 100% of the time. Period. They’ll deny it because they like the companionship and sex and all the mental, emotional and physical labor you provide. The longer you stay with a man, it’s not going to make him “come around” and if it does, he’s just settled.

My fiance was about to propose with his mother’s wedding ring but when we went to her house to get it she came out carrying it all excited and asked me before he could even try. I think that’s why we are not married. We’ve only been dating officially for almost 3 years but we’ve pretty much been in love for about 10 years. It took me that long to build trust for anyone after the relationship I had before I met him. I’m happy with how things are. Marriage isn’t important to me but it would be pretty cool to marry my best friend.

1 Like

You’re Giving Him Married Life Before You’re Even Married. Why Marry If You’re Already Playing The Part?! He’s Comfortable The Way Things Are Now.

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Why do men take so long to propose?

I’m in the same predicament. Soooo I started pushing the matter at every holiday lmao started counting the days of the year. On Mother’s Day I thought he was going to and still nothinggg

1 Like

You can always propose to him :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I pushed the issue then I bought rings and told him we are engaged now lol :laughing:

3 Likes

Well a few factors. 1 how old are you guys? Do you both have stable income? A house?

2 Likes

Not all men take that long. My husband proposed before 2 years and we were married 10 months after that. Sounds like your man is fine just being boyfriend/girlfriend

3 Likes

It’s 2022 if you want to get married bring it up. Ask him

1 Like

If it’s taking that long…. Sorry to say…but ur not the one for him. Guys know pretty quick if he wants to marry u or not.

17 Likes

Is marriage that important to you? You’ve been together for so long is some rings and a piece of paper going to make a difference.

2 Likes

Remember though marriage essentially does change taxes and gives you a paper. The relationship you have built is the real ring. Marriage is not the dress, rings, it’s the hardships, long nights, fights and make ups, thr good the bad the ugly. You do not technically need to be married for any of it.

I’m married for 32 almost 33yrs and my wife and I were together for 7yrs prior.
If it’s meant to be, it will come. If your relationship is good now, what does a piece of paper and changing your last name matter?

Because if they wanted to they would. Its really that simple x

12 Likes

They have all the perks without the commitment :wink:

17 Likes

Probably cause it’s been 7 years and two kids only difference is government be involved. Married really don’t change anything home wise it really doesn’t or it didn’t for me.

And when they want to they do, maybe he don’t even want to get married. Have you asked?

If he wanted too, he would. My husband proposed 6 months in.

14 Likes

Several factors could contribute. He may fear commitment or fear rejection. He may be content with things the way they are and fear change. Asking him is the only way to know.

And it isn’t “men” it’s your man. Mine proposed 9 months into our relationship. We’ve been together over 20 years now.

13 Likes

Why should he propose? He has everything like being married except the paperwork and LEGAL responcibility. This is a problem with your age group.

12 Likes

He knows you want this. So either he’s not and hasn’t told you or he is saving up. But I doubt the second one :disappointed:

Took my man a year u get on one knees or knee him in the head lol

1 Like

How about not having sex before marriage and waiting till after your married to have children!

Because they do not want to get married. Period :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

I always said 2 years is a lot of time. By then you should know if you want to spend the rest of your life with that person.

6 Likes

I suggest having the conversation about what you both want long-term. Ask him when he wants, and then tell him what you want, in that order. Make sure you’re both on the same page, and if not, then you can make whatever changes you need to ensure your happiness in the future.

2 Likes

What is his incentive at this point?

5 Likes

Men know exactly what they want real soon. If he didn’t propose already he’s not.

My husband and I were together 10 years and 3 months before her proposed

I just mentioned to my husband one day, let’s just drive to Vegas and get married! And he was like ok! So we did! lol it’s been 11 yrs total and 9 yrs married :smiling_face:

2 Likes

They dont. Hes comfortable.

8 Likes

7 years and 2 kids is “no reason” to be there?

9 Likes

7 years? 2 kids? There ya go… why would he at this point?! The old saying “why buy the cow…”

20 Likes

Me and my boyfriend have been together 6 almost 7 years 3 children no proposal. However he explained to me he rushed his first marriage and it ended horrible. He’s taking his time and I’m content. Plus the longer he takes just means our kids will be old enough to be in our wedding.

1 Like

Men propose to women they want to Marry. It’s just as black and white as that.

9 Likes

Unless you 2 have tapked about this, he may not think it’s “expected”. Talk to him.
However, you’ve stayed for 7years and he probably thinks he has no reason too. Why get married when you’re fine with how things are.

3 Likes

If that was your end game, it should of been talked about already. Either quit wasting your time and leave or have a grown up conversation about what you both want for your future. Or keep waiting…

6 Likes

If he ain’t yet, he ain’t gonna.

3 Likes

Why would he? He’s got everything without the trouble of marriage. Proposing at this point is rather redundant. An elopement or courthouse wedding would be more practical given yall already are living as a married couple.

7 Likes

Why would he if you don’t tell him it’s important to you?

4 Likes

Why are women so stuck on a paper and ring? How many of you get married and end up being unhappy? Do you honestly think a marriage proposal will make things better? My question to you is are you blissfully happy now in your relationship?

3 Likes

Why should he ? He is already doing what he wants . Never live with a man before marriage if they love you truly and want you they will marry you.

1 Like

5 kids and 12 years before we got married lol

Why get married, you practically already are… Marriage is way overrated!!!

4 Likes

My husband and I were together for about six months when he proposed. We’ve been married 30 years. Find the right one

7 Likes

I proposed to my lady 3 weeks after meeting her and were married 3 weeks later. That was 41 years ago and life is great.

11 Likes

Same situation. Over 13 years, have a 7 year old son together. I’d love to get married, hes just not quite sure yet. I don’t feel like he’s stringing me along. We could get married and then split. Marriage isn’t for everyone, and being married isn’t gonna change how you feel about someone. No piece of paper is gonna change how we feel about each other. We love how our life is now and we don’t need to get married to prove it. We’re committed to each other without the papers!!

3 Likes

Have you actually had a conversation about marriage with him? My husband never actually proposed but we’ll he’s my husband and we had a prior conversation about it.

I just celebrated my 7 year anniversary with my bf yesterday. We are getting married. Hes just waiting for a few bumps to clear… longggggg story… doesn’t mean he can’t ask already??? I gave myself an ultimatum… if he doesn’t do it by (insert date) I will… so maybe do things a little differently and ask him to marry you

1 Like

They wanna make sure they’re gonna spend the rest of their lives with the right psychopath

4 Likes

Because most men are awake to the nonsensical idea of the governmental institute of marriage. If everything is fine, why get the govt involved? Then if it doesn’t work out, get the govt and lawyers involved. Don’t get me started on the diamond hoax…

9 Likes

He doesn’t want to get married :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

My husband didn’t propose until we were already together for 6 and a half years with two kids. We got married 9 months after he proposed though .

Well why don’t you propose you’re the one thinking of marriage….do it…

2 Likes

You can’t say you don’t want to communicate and bring it up then moan about him :woman_shrugging:t3:

Why is it so hard communicate with with partners.

3 Likes

Don’t listen to none these unsupportive comments for fucks sake… I was with my husband for 15 years and 9 kids before we got married… ALL our kids was there and it’s just a piece of paper :page_with_curl:… if he does right by you and loves you… then I wouldn’t worry about it… if it bothers you enough… maybe hint it or say something subtle to get a feel of his opinion… but he’s going to be the best person to tell YOU how HE feels :heart:

We got married 2 months after meeting so I would think he doesn’t want to get married if it’s been this long.

3 Likes

you have 2 kids together, did you ever think just maybe getting married before even getting pregnant??? But i am guessing that is not the thing today, So with that said, that is not the thing these days. So don’t; expect to get married :slightly_smiling_face: End of story :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Me and my husband was together 2 months , got engaged, at 4 months into our relationship got married. So it’s because he’s comfortable girl

2 Likes

We found out we were pregnant, that same weekend we drove to Vegas and got married. 07/09/2016

I would bring it up if marriage is important to you.

If you wait and that’s not in his cards then you will be wasting time with someone whom isn’t on your level.

He can be a great father. But not marriage material or it may not make a difference to him bc your living as you were married.

For me it isn’t super important. I have been with the father of my 3 kids for 12 years. We have a house together and all the things married couples have.

Have yall ever spoken about it? Idk I personally dc if I ever marry. And if our dynamics are working, why fix it? Marriage is not everyone’s end goal, it’s not required for happiness. Maybe he feels the same way.

Too many legalities involved. Maybe a lack of trust and being afraid to be fd over. Probably heard some one-sided horror stories. I understand your feelings about wanting it to happen naturally, but it’s literally been 7 years and kids. Unless the two of you have a lot of strife in your relationship why not ? I would definitely feel him out about it. Is it a make or break thing for you ?

1 Like

Maybe a conversation about marriage needs to happen. My husband and I were together for 10 years before we got married. We’ve been married 3 years and have a 12 year old daughter together.

A man was with my mom for almost 10 years, never proposed. With another for maybe 2 and they were married. Take that how you will

3 Likes

They don’t take long. Not when it’s a conversation that has been had and an undertaking reached

1 Like

Besides not being married how is the relationship? I get wanting to be married but if you two are doing great together and love and support each other then what for? I would say mention it to him but without attacking or a ton of emotions. Just simply ask him what he thinks about marriage or you can propose to him.

2 Likes

Because marriage means absolutely fuck all in the grand scheme of things.

1 Like

Probably doesn’t want to marry you.

2 Likes

Does he want to get married? Does he know that you want to get married? Because if y’all have never discussed marriage before that could be why. And if you have discussed marriage before then I would say you just need to directly ask him why y’all haven’t gotten married yet and you’ve been together 7 years sometimes men need you to be direct otherwise they just are clueless.

2 Likes

My stepson met his fiance and daughters mom when he was 16 she was 23 in 2017…they had their daughter in March 2019. They are getting married in 21 days.

This is why communication is so important in a relationship. Did you ever let him know what type of timeline you wanted or expected? You have to be blunt yet kind.

“Hey honey, can we talk? I feel like we have been together for quite awhile now. I would like to be getting married in _______ years. How do you feel?”

Alot of times, men have different timelines than women. If you do not actively communicate ( at least once a week, a 15 or so minute conversation) about checking up on a relationship, you can’t expect your partner to know your dissatisfaction. Worst case scenario, you find out your needs are too different. At that point, it would be best to separate before permanently ruining a relationship.

1 Like

Ahhhhhhhh to be free

My husband proposed after three years, and we married when we were seven years together. We are going on eight years together and just hit our first anniversary. Depending on age, some men need to be sure, maybe he’s not sure, or perhaps he’s too comfortable the way it is. You two should talk about it.

1 Like

It took my husband 3 months to put a ring on my finger. We were married at 7 months. He knew what he had and he wasn’t gonna lose it. We’re going on 2 kids and 2 years married and more in love than ever. He is my entire world.

6 Likes

It your not happy talk to him about it. I personally wouldn’t be w someone that long and not be married. My husband wanted to marry me on our our first date. Not all guys drag their feet. If your not happy move on. You deserve happiness.

1 Like

7 years? More than likely not gonna happen, A man that is out to Mary pretty much knows if he’s going to marry a girl within a couple months of meeting her. unfortunately it’s just not likely to happen I watched my mom go through this and he never proposed she wished she had left sooner.

6 Likes

Why don’t you propose to him ? It’s 2022 doesn’t always have to be the male who does it … :smiling_face:

2 Likes