Why do people dislike the movie Turning Red?

I haven’t heard anyone complain about it at all, just memes of people saying they are complaining about it haha

It’s so good! The period is like one part…so weird lol

1 Like

My daughters (9&12) and I watched it the other day and other than the tweaking I don’t know what all the fuss is about! It is a very cute and funny movie.

I think it’s a great movie. I think it’s a great ice breaker and it makes me sad that some parents seem to overlook or think their children don’t experience puberty and/or want their child to know about puberty and emotions etc

5 Likes

Incredibly up tight people, like the type that squeak when they fart, think none of this should be shown to children because gasp! who would expect realistic scenarios to happen.

3 Likes

Because it shows pads and talks about periods, says the word “crap” and “sexy” and shows a girl being very cringe… which is absolutely perfect and representative of a 13 year old girl in 2002. People just need something fight about…the movie is perfection and my kids love it.

9 Likes

The complaints are from severely repressed people who don’t like the fact that it addresses what it’s like for young women to deal with puberty, their changing bodies, learning to manage their emotions, and starting to have periods, as if those are all normal things that shouldn’t be hidden and never talked about.

17 Likes

I don’t know anyone who has a problem with it? This is a thing??

It’s of my 6yo’s favorite movie. I thought it was great :woman_shrugging:t3:

You’ll get more out of this movie than your son will, at least at this age. Watch it and make your own determination :heart:

1 Like

I watched it with my 10 year old daughter No issues with us We loved it

1 Like

Your 4month old will probably be scarred for life… :woozy_face::joy:

Because it’s about puberty getting your period becoming your own person and they don’t think kids should see that hahahah :woozy_face:

6 Likes

IMO the hate is cloaked racism and bigotry. They say it’s because it promotes kids rebelling and acting in a s*xual nature because if the way she dances and crushes in boys. Ok when white princesses marry a prince they just met or change their appearance to chase after a boy they met once tho :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

My 12 year old son likes it!

My 12 year old son likes it!

I haven’t watched it but I let my 5 and 3 year old watch it :joy: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Never heard of it. What amU missing?

Getting this for my 10 year old.

5 Likes

We watched it with my 5 and 11 year olds… Both enjoyed it. My 11 year old did ask some questions but I appreciate that. I prefer her to ask the questions… Some parents are uncomfortable with that!

4 Likes

I personally loved it and so did my 7 year old daughter…we have watched it 3x already :joy:

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with it, people just need something to be upset about these days.

5 Likes

It’s about a 13 year old girl, obsessed with a boyband and basically all the cringeworthy stuff 13 year olds do. Hilarious in my opinion. It’s like a depiction of the most awkward times in a young girl’s life. People got mad because it talked about her period, which idk why it’s such a taboo subject. Her mom was telling her she was prepared and ready to help her with anything. I’ve never related to a movie more than this one honestly.

5 Likes

No clue. It’s a fabulous movie abd my 8 year old loves it. It had a great message for girls…

2 Likes

I love the movie so much!!!
It’s the cutest and girly :heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

It has adult themes one that many kids won’t notice only the adults do

Well firstly your son is 4 months :sweat_smile: he’s not going to watch it anyway. Second everyone is having a fit because it talks about periods and teens are rebellious in the movie :scream: :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile: it’s a cute little movie. We loved it.

3 Likes

People can’t accept different

Nothing wrong with it

I love it! My 5 year old hasn’t asked questions about the “period part” yet even though we have watched it a dozen times. But puberty is an inevitable thing you will have to talk about with your child anyway. It’s a good coming of age movie.

1 Like

I love this movie so much, I sing the soundtrack in the car-even when I don’t have my kids with me.
I’ve seen where people are up in arms that she “twerks” and uses the term, “sexy” and draws a guy in “suggestive” positions (kissing her, touching her face, etc). Personally though, I think it’s a great “coming of age” movie that tackles periods and how you change during your cycle. Menstruation is super awkward for young girls and the movie normalizes what should already be normal.

2 Likes

Me and my 5 year old daughter love that movie! It’s very cute! People don’t like real world problems in Disney kids movies for some reason they’d rather have a villain. In this movie the villain was real life problems and things woman and teens and families go thru. Examples , periods , hormones, mood swings. And lots of others

1 Like

My daughter and I loved the movie! It was really cute lol

My preacher discussed how it feeds the wrong ideas to your children. Beginning of the movie it’s telling kids they don’t have to listen to their parents. I personally watched it with my 7&11yr olds and it was a cute movie. Not really a watch twice kind of movie. They didn’t even pay attention to that part of it. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Only thing I heard is this one mom I know let her kids watch it and they turned around and started talking to their parents like shit

I don’t see anything wrong with it my 8,5 and 2 year old all sat through it and enjoyed it it’s the only movie both my son (5) and daughter (8) can agree on and they all 3 will sit down and watch it without fighting (usually there is fighting over movies or wanting to change it half way through because one isn’t liking it

Please watch it! It’s a great movie

WE WANT IT . I mean ,we like it :laughing:

I didn’t really watch it lol but the complaints I’ve heard were the sneaking out and bad behavior from the characters. :woman_shrugging:

We watched it. I truly couldn’t get into it when we did but I was also tired. I think it’s mostly because people don’t want their kids learning about a women’s period by a show. What some lack to realize is its just part of life. Yes they made a shoe out of it but all girls this happens too. We all rage we all have our moments when those feelings hit and we all have periods at that age or around it. It’s actually actually great way for parents who don’t know how to talk to their children about this to start the conversation when you think of it. It’s not like the girl was super young acting out. Plus look at the Disney movies mostly everyone was raised by. They all was wrongful in some way

2 Likes

I watched it with my 8 and 6 year old daughters and they loved it. Some people may not like some of the content in it but honestly I think that only is it a way to bring up conversation or an outlet for questions but for my
Daughters we also talked about feelings and how to keep them”monster” from coming out ect. To each their own but we enjoyed it

1 Like

I’ve read reviews & think they’re(the negative comments) cringeworthy IMHO. I loved it. People are just uptight & have nothing better to do than complain lol.

3 Likes

I think your four month old boy sweetheart will be fine watching it an he will love all the colours . As for movie it’s self I think its great an portrays real issues . People still forget that some little girls get there periods an think they are dying because some parents are still Not comfortable talking about these issues . These things need to be discussed with growing children an especially periods, hormones , growing weird feelings that they are unsure about etc need to be normalised

3 Likes

My 5 year old watched it. He got bored with it though. I think its probably better for girls like 8- tweens. Not because of the mention of a period but being boy band obsessed.

1 Like

My kids love it. Don’t know why people wouldn’t

3 Likes

People are mad because “it shows kids disrespecting their parents” wahhhhhhhh. Ummmmmmm Ariel sold her voice to the Octopus Queen and married a human AND SHE WAS 16!!! Rapunzel left her tower with a man at 16. FFS they’re snowflakes.

4 Likes

My kid loves it, not sure what people have their panties in a bunch for lmao.

It’s a great movie me and my four kids love it my youngest is 4

Don’t worry, your 4 month old son won’t know what’s going on….:joy:

2 Likes

All the Qanon quackadoodles just hate it because they’re afraid of everything.

2 Likes

Close minded control freak parents seem to be the only ones hating on this movie

7 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with it :slightly_smiling_face:my boys love it ,it was actually one of the more bareable films they chose to watch

1 Like

I’m a 55 yr old grandmother and I watched it with my grandsons. I thought it was a very good movie. My grandsons love watching it & so do I

1 Like

Nothing. Conservatives just want to whine. “It tEacHes kiDs tO diSobEy tHeiR pArEntS”.

Simba never listened and had a rhino sit on his Dad’s royal advisor so he could go to an elephant graveyard.

Ariel ran away from home, made a deal with an evil sea witch for some legs so she could get the D from a human.

Pocahontas suck behind her dad’s back to date one of the dudes who’s people were interested in their downfall even though she was engaged.

Wendy and her brothers ran off with some sus flying dude who snuck in their window.

Rapunzel tricked her mother into a long trip and then blackmailed a wanted criminal into taking her to see the floating lights

A lot of Disney movies have kids who are sneaky or don’t listen and they didn’t turn kids into delinquents.

I loved it and I’ve watched it multiple times.

My son is 4 and it’s his all time favorite movie rn

I think because the whole movie is a period metaphor. It makes people feel uncomfortable even though it perfectly natural.

3 Likes

People are weird when it comes to addressing puberty, and there are lots of references to adolescence in the movie, such as “boy-crazy”-ness. I think it’s a great movie, and wouldn’t see a thing wrong with letting a four month old watch it. My 2 and 4 year olds have watched and enjoyed it.

3 Likes

My view is if you hear mixed reviews, always watch it for yourself and then go from there. Let it be your decision and not others.

2 Likes

My 12, 10, 8 yr olds and I loved it. The 8 yr olds didn’t get the puberty stuff and my older 2 laughed. Some just look for things to be offended by.

1 Like

I thought it would be a movie for my 19 month old granddaughter but it wasn’t… I thought it was geared more towards tween kids… only because there is a mention in there about pads…

It’s not bad in my opinion. It shows the “ugly” side of when a young girl “becomes a woman” but instead of the typical way of becoming a woman they demonstrate it as her being “cursed” as being a red panda. They complain about her attitude, the adult innuendos and sneaking out of her parents… etc. BUT me as a mom (I have a 13/7/4 yo) I don’t think the movie is bad. I’ve raised my children to respect boundaries. But I was raised in the 90s and EVERY SINGLE movie we watched growing up had adult innuendos that went straight over my head as a kid. I didn’t get it until I was rewatching my childhood favorites with my kids and I was like ohhhh snap.
But regardless of all the “bad” people complain about in movies today if you raise your kids to be respectful of boundaries and you talk to and are honest about your reasonings for things with your kids they won’t need to act out because they’ll know. My parents were very honest with us growing up and I never did anything majorly stupid … turned out just fine.
My kids are well behaved, have manners and respect for others. Don’t think it’s the movie. I think it’s the parents perception.

People nowadays LOOK for a reason to complain about everything.

It’s fine . People will Karen over anything these days

7 Likes

we love loved loved it l!!!

So in all honesty I have a girl child that’s just starting to hit puberty, pre pubescent if you will. I heard the rumors and decided instead of just banning the movie or just allowing her to watch it, me and my husband would sit and watch it. We did that today. We both came to the conclusion that yes it does have a lot of things in it that we hope our daughter doesn’t do, disobey her mother, sneak out of the house, lie (all things I did as a early teen before I got a reality check). However, it also has a lot of things I hope I NEVER do as a mother as well. Long story short we let our daughter watch it after school today and she thought it was hilarious. All the stuff people don’t want their kids “watching” went over her head and we are hoping that once it actually pertains to her, we can use it as an ice breaker/ way to give her something to relate to. So we as her parents can educate her on her how you evolve as a person many times in your life.

5 Likes

People didn’t pay any attention to the age group it’s targeted towards. So when puberty pops up they act scandalized because their 4 year old might have questions. Honestly, most of the kids probably never mentioned anything about it, and the parents just like to complain.

All of the commercials I saw for it clearly said it was a “coming of age” movie.

1 Like

I enjoyed it. I just don’t wanna keep watching it because my 5yo son says so! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

I am a Christian and had many Christian family’s say, “it’s awful and giving the wrong messages.” I watched it and was like, ok some of the wording isn’t great but isn’t this what teen and preteen life is like. They are trying to find there own way, learning about themselves, developing friendships “good and bad.” There is a parent struggle as moms learn to easy up and kids learn to take ownership. I was not bothered by it, offended by it or turned off by it.

7 Likes

Because people don’t want to admit that their teens act the same way as the girl in the movie.

8 Likes

People are making it out to be worse than it is. Its a becoming of age story in a way. The girl screams and her mom thinks she started her monthly cycle so started bringing out a bunch of supplies for her. Really most of the movie was them telling the girl she needs to learn how to control her emotions. There really isn’t anything wrong with it all my kids including my 7yr old watched it. Its rated pg so its technically for ages 8 and up but most of the ppl complaining are ones who are showing it to their 3yr and under 8 because of the whole period reference

2 Likes

I loved it! Personally I felt it was about change and acceptance

It’s fine. Unless you were sheltered, had helicopter parents and never experienced any part of childhood.

8 Likes

Because it’s about puberty n starting your period so ppl r freaking our but their kids can watch characters get murdered n filthy mike Myers cat in the hat full of sexual innuendo smdh

4 Likes

Makes no difference either way to a 4 month old…

11 Likes

Omg it was an adorable movie and people need to get over it

1 Like

4 months old? I would have more of an argument about a BABY watching any TV never mind a movie and they wouldn’t have a clue what it’s about to begin with. If anything, put educational stuff on! Wow.

5 Likes

It’s fine for a four month old there’s singing dancing and bright colors.

My five year old daughter watched it and got that all the arguing didn’t matter because in the end family helps family. That’s what she got from it

I thought the little girl was a whiny brat. My daughter tends to mimic TV characters so no thank you.

Honestly because people like to say things like oh puberty is natural then become crying babies when it comes to it being presented in a good way for children to understand its annoying. My sons loved the movie

2 Likes

My 3 year old loves it. I acted the exact same as the 13 year old girl in the movie! As one comment said, people are probably just in denial! We love it and have watched it like 2000 times lol. It’s probably one of my favs (& as for the menstrual mention, I have no idea what all the fuss is about considering it needs to be educated at a young age for it to be “normal”)

2 Likes

I just watched it twice today… it’s a cute movie

2 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with this movie. I love it it’s probably one if not my absolute favorite Pixar film.

2 Likes

You should always check out any show or movie you allow your children to watch, yourself. Like actually watch it to determine if it’s appropriate for your child.

My family watched it and we thought it was cute. But every family is different.

Because people find anything and everything to complain about. Its geared towards older kids not little kids as it is about puberty

5 Likes

If they have a problem with turning red, then they have to have a problem with Luca, and the little mermaid. All the same scenarios.

1 Like

People think they have the right to shelter their children from NORMAL experiences.

It’s absurd. Proud of all these movies discussing real topics

6 Likes

There’s literally nothing wrong with this movie. My 4 year old granddaughter and I’ve watched it three or four times. It hints at a 13 year old girl reaching puberty, and a couple of times, her mother tries to give her some pads. SOME PADS. Something girls grow up seeing in the cabinet. She gets a little lippy because she’s embarrassed. Something again that all 13 year old girls do. And she likes boys. Oh GOD, she and her friends are into boys. Again something ALL 13 year old girls are. It’s misplaced outrage over nothing.

3 Likes

Girl it’s a good movie. Lol you should watch it. Your 4 month old isn’t gonna comprehend what’s happening lol

5 Likes

People just can’t accept that Disney is changing thier movies to reflect real life challenges and changes children will face.

6 Likes

I haven’t watched it yet but I am a firm believe if you teach your kids right from wrong to the best of your abilities… kids get influences from everything. My niece is home schooled she is 12 years old and her mother watch’s everything she does she’s a very polite child but has her set of issues. I try to watch what I can but being a full time worker, and taking older kids to sports I’m sure I miss things. I believe it’s all about perception. No one complained about road runner or that skunk that kissed the girl skunk who looked pretty repulsed to me. But I didn’t think anything of it being bad

1 Like

I talked with someone about it and they said they didn’t want to let their kids watch it because of how rude the girl is to her mom. How disrespectful she is. But that’s completely the opposite of what I saw. I think the mom was disrespectful to her daughter. She publicly humiliated her, more than once, to the point where she got made fun of for it.

My 4 year old daughter is obsessed with is and my 10 year old son likes it too. I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it honestly, except the few times I mentioned. Watch it yourself and make your own decision. Honestly, a 4 month old won’t even remember it next week.

It’s rated PG, some material may not be suitable for young viewers. People are upset cause they don’t pay attention to movie ratings then have to explain things to their kids. Lol I watched it with my almost 12 year old daughter it was super relatable for us both, I thought it was hilarious and loved it was set in the 90s. So many memories!

5 Likes

It shows a small amount of rebellion from a female character. Also shows menstruation issues. Christians are up in arms about it.

3 Likes

Not every one has eyes to see and ears to hear. I did not mind the puberty talk of the movie it is way deeper than that. I’m sure people will laugh it off they are of the world and love the things of the world they do not have spiritual discernment.

3 Likes

People who have issues with this movie - they just have issues! There is so much crazy shit in this world that’s worth getting upset over - not a Disney movie.

1 Like

Omg I LOVE that movie and so do my kids! It hits home in Toronto aswell. It’s so well done. :heart::heart:

4 Likes

I didn’t know people where I’ve only heard people liking it and some silly people complaining about period stuff being in it. Honestly LOVE the movie myself!

1 Like

No clue. I think it’s a perfect representation of a 13 year olds relationship with her mom and it’s real. A lot of parents don’t like that.

5 Likes

Im sure you have nothing to worry avout ur 4 month old watching it:)

6 Likes

I don’t see what the big deal is. I just watched it yesterday with my 13 year old daughter. I liked it. It referenced menstruation and showed supplies. But it’s exactly what preteen and teen girls have to deal with. My kids have known from an early age what periods are and that girls have them. Yes, one of my children is a boy. In short, the movie was good and if you have a chance to watch it, do so.

4 Likes