Why doesn't my husband want me to cook for him?

Is he gaining alot of weight lately?

1 Like

Sooo all these perfect wives are telling you its you, you maybe canā€™t cook, itā€™s his mamaā€™s fault, heā€™s just being ā€œhelpfulā€ā€¦ yadayadaā€¦ maybe he just wants to do it himself? Maybeā€¦ JUST MAYBEā€¦ he knows heā€™s an adult and that his wife is not a butler. Maybe he realizes that men who cook their own dinner are good men too, and that a meal made every single day does not define a woman, and thereā€™s no reason other than he understands that he can take care if himself also. Just sayin :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Ask him. Maybe he just wants to have pizza and beer one night a week and a meatloaf and some mashed potatoes. Five star dinners every night sound good to me but I donā€™t have anyone cooking for me lol

Just cook for you, let him fend for himself

2 Likes

Just depends on the entire circumstances around this. Is his while attitude different? Is he being less affectionate? Is he withdrawing in other aspects?
If NOT, heā€™s just saying he didnā€™t need all the extra effort and is telling you that youā€™re doing to much.

Ask him, donā€™t assume. I think he doesnā€™t want you to over do it. He is trying to be nice, if it makes you happy then keep doing it.

1 Like

Sometimes a simple meal is wanted more than a 5 star meal all of the time. Maybe ask him what he wants to eat. Maybe occasionally he just wants a night of casual snack food. Probably not meaning to be offensive

My husband loves when I cook. But he also letā€™s me know it doesnā€™t need to be fancy etc. I go all out for dinner. He knows I deal with the kids and I have school full time and dual enrollment. He tells me so I take a break and relax. I donā€™t take it personal

Nobody here can answer this as we are not him. You really just have to ask him and not read into it. I know this is not a good answer but itā€™s the truth.

1 Like

He doesnā€™t want you to struggle in anyway and wants you to be comfortable.

Maybe heā€™s trying to give you a break and let you know he doesnā€™t expect you to do everything that you do. It could have come from a place of caring and not meant to offend you. Some guys expect a girl to do all this for them but not all of them.

I make dinners like that but heā€™s getting. To FAT a little less food wonā€™t hurt him , be happy

2 Likes

My bf would love u lucky if I make dinner a few nights a week there really is no reason for a 5 star dinner every single night seems a little over the top

1 Like

I think he is looking or fooling with someone else.

2 Likes

Donā€™t make his meals he can find out how much you were DOING FOR HIM HE IS UNGRATEFUL PERSON

Maybe heā€™s trying to be nice&let you know you donā€™t have to go all out&do it all the time.
To give you a break.
Iā€™m sure he still loves you&your cooking.
Why are you wanting to think the worse?

My husband always says the same thing"im a big boy,i can fend for myself"i work nights,he works evenings,our daughter days.when i come home,i just crockpot something or cook.if they eat,fine,if not,starve.we are all grown in my house dammit :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Maybe heā€™s feeling overweightā€¦

5 star meal? Shoot, you can come for me. But maybe heā€™s simply saying, pizza or something easy for dinner is just fine at times so that you can have a break? I mean that takes alot of time alone to do. Lunches & dinner. Ughhh I hate it. Lol

1 Like

Maybe he just realized that it is real work, and doesnā€™t know that you enjoy it.

1 Like

Maybe he is worried that you need a break and he doesnā€™t want you going out of your way for him all the time?

3 Likes

Ask him, communication.

3 Likes

Some men are actually independent and grown-up. Thatā€™s a good thing.
But come cook for me, Iā€™ll appreciate it :grin:

1 Like

Maybe itā€™s because itā€™s so hot and heā€™s just not up to eating as much

Just ask him what he would preferā€¦

Maybe he feels you deserve a break? Or maybe he worries your pushing yourself too far and he doesnā€™t want that? Honeetly I donā€™t think it was meant to be mean, I think it was a caring way to say itā€™s ok to relax basicalky

1 Like

Maybe mix it alittle bit. What kind of things do you cook?

My husband hates my cooking the only person who does .He says oh I luv the way you Cook I caught on early as so I didnt continue to spend endless hours in the kitchen. I said fk it .Now I dont cook for his ungreatful azz

2 Likes

Maybe itā€™s because we have kidsā€¦but we never do 5 star dinners. Both my husband and I cook, (honestly him more than me, heā€™s the better cook)but itā€™s usually basics. Meat for a main course and two sides. Good to go! Lol
Also he might just feel bad that your putting so much time into the food heā€™s eating when he doesnā€™t really care or maybe might want things simple.

2 Likes

Maybe he feels a little guilty that your making his lunches and dinners every day?
Ask him and have a conversation with him about it. Iā€™m sure heā€™s not saying it to hurt your feelings. And maybe he doesnā€™t realize you do it for him out of love and the fact you enjoy doing it.

2 Likes

Maybe he will is secretly trying to lose weight?

Ask him what he would like if not just give him baked beans on toast and see what reaction you get , use your time spent doing something else in the time spent cooking

Maybe someone else is cooking for his ungrateful ass .

I have one who would appreciate your cooking. :grinning: Iā€™ll tell him it came from you and everything :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Sometimes a man wants to feel independent and not rely on someone. Maybe he feels like ur being more like a mom to him. Maybe he wants to go grab a quick sandwich with his coworkers. Sometimes my man comes home for a lunch break sometimes he goes and grabs a sandwich and eat with the other men at work. As for dinner make him pigs in a blanket with Mac and cheese or English muffin pizzas

My husband is like that. I used to cook lunch for him and I still cook him dinner most nights but sometimes he just wants a bagel with an ungodly amount of creamcheese on it.

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m not him but I know when my husband does allot around the house I feel guilty, like I need to do somethingā€¦ equal for him? Sorry if that doesnā€™t make sense but you really should talk to him about it!

7 Likes

My hubby told me the same thing once and I was hurt. Then later he told me that he doesnā€™t want me to try to stress myself too much about making everything ā€œperfect.ā€

2 Likes

Maybe you donā€™t listen! I tell my husband all the time I donā€™t eat breakfast and all the time he makes me breakfast, sometimes I eat it to be polite but other times I speak up and itā€™s like the first time he has heard it

1 Like

I sometimes get confused by these questions. Like, why not just ask him why? That is your husband right? Or maybe I am just weird and I make it a point to talk to my partner about everything. Even the little shit.
None of us are going to know. It will all just be guesses.

Wtf, Give him a cup of noodles for dinner and dont make him lunch. I wouldnā€™t do shyt for him after that.

2 Likes

Let him do it his self.

1 Like

Let him do it. Do u!

1 Like

Shit mamma, you can come cook for mine! His fat ass has been spoiled to a home cooked meal every night for years, itā€™s hell if I skip a night :woman_facepalming:t2: :rofl: please excuse me while I go prep hot wings for dinner now :roll_eyes:

Communication, only he can tell u the reason, we just going to guess n draw to conclusions here.
Best you calmly sit down n ask him. That way u can handle the issues correctly

4 Likes

I meanā€¦ I think everyone pretty much nailed it

2 Likes

Not sure what type work he does but maybe to hot to eat. My husband loves my cooking but during the heat he donā€™t want to much.

1 Like

Money? Leftovers? Itā€™s hard to say maybe you need to ask him and not Facebook

1 Like

No one communicates anymoreā€¦ Talk to your husband, not a bunch of strangers on the internet.

7 Likes

Heā€™d rather have a BJ and eat Ritz crackers. :rofl:

7 Likes

Could he be trying to loose weight / could it be because if u have kiddies /job/sort house/shoppin wateva he may wanna take some load of u or to do it to show he love u
/ Could b just a cunt
Is it jst round food or is it all time he speaking like it if u ainā€™t happy wit his tone he used ?(ASKIN THIS!) ā€¦ Then if he is mayb Something else troubling him ā€¦

Does he stop at his momā€™s on his way home from work?

2 Likes

Is it another woman?

HES CHEATING, run!! :joy::joy: jk thatā€™s what a single woman would say. Talk to the man, if I was him Iā€™d be kinda pissed you asking a bunch of stranger and not me.

4 Likes

The only way to know his reasoning is to ask himā€¦communication is a big part of a relationship, we can give you possible answers but in the long run it comes down to you talking to him, maybe he just thinks you do too much and thinks you need a breakā€¦

2 Likes

Come cook for my family please :joy:

1 Like

Is someone else making him food. That would be my first question lol

4 Likes

My husband dont want big meals after he found out his cholesterol was to high and his bpā€¦talk to him

Did he put in some unwanted weightl

2 Likes

Girl slap some oddles and noodles on that table one night and pb and j the next. Then take long baths and relax

12 Likes

I think there could be a number of different reasons. Maybe he just wants a simple dinner. Does he help cook or clean up? Do you do it all yourself? Does stuff get left everywhere instead of cleaned the same night?

Sounds like heā€™s feeling guilty about something to me

3 Likes

Has he gained weight? Does he work out in the heat? Is your grocery bill to high? Does he eat a big lunch and not want a big dinner? Does he prefer smaller meals sometimes? Do you have alot of leftovers? Or maybe he just doesnā€™t want you to always have to cook a big meal. It could be tons of things, maybe ask himā€¦

4 Likes

A talk to him, maybe a snack for lunch, maybe your time for supper instead of all the cooking and cleaning. Ask him what he would like for lunch maybe he want to grab a bite with coworkers. A quick text how are you feeling today what would you like for supper. Maybe a sandwich, salad or soup if he wants something lite

Forget your husband. Feed me instead :innocent:

3 Likes

He probably just wants u to relax

2 Likes

Why do some people always jump to cheating? He honestly could just be feeling like your doing too much and doesnā€™t want you to stress so much. Take the time to relax. And talk to him and see if thatā€™s the reasoning

4 Likes

Maybe he just doesnt want you to stress about dinner and making him lunch every single day. But the best way to know what he meant by that is by talking to him.

I would start doing things I want/that are fun and not make him another meal. Less work for me. I like cereal.

2 Likes

Sometimes when itā€™s hot people just donā€™t want a big meal.

Maybe he sees you working too hard. Try to please him in other ways.

3 Likes

Be grateful! Just talk to him if you think something is wrong

2 Likes

Iā€™m sure HE could tell youā€¦ just ask him and see.

Sometimes my husband chooses corn dog over what I cook. Maybe he feels like eating something frozen once in a while.

2 Likes

Best way to find out is to ask him, hon. Heā€™s your husband. You should be able to discuss this with him.

2 Likes

Make him a sandwich. Bet that brings up the conversation yā€™all need to have :wink:

Well only he can tell ya. There could be so many reasons.
Just stop doing it.

Sis you canā€™t cook, kidding sort of lol. It could be a dozen things. Communication is key, ask him.

Maybe he just wants captain crunch some nights.:laughing:

1 Like

Maybe more time with him is what he wants, when I try cooking too my hubby just tells to order since he knows itā€™s hard dealing with a toddler and infant while cooking

You need to ask him, heā€™s the only one who can answer this, at work maybe they order in or go out to lunch, otherwise some people might tease or make comments about His ā€œniceā€™ lunches. Have you asked him what he would like for dinner? Maybe he wants to eat lighter meals

And Iā€™m over here like, ā€œwhy wonā€™t my man ever cook for MEeee?!ā€:weary::rofl:

A husband that doesnā€™t think you should be a gourmet chef every day? Oh the horror. Just embrace it. He most likely just loves you.

Just ask him we canā€™t really give opinion yet when weā€™re not sure of the why he has ā€¦

Then stop entirely. If he can take care of himselfā€¦ then let him. Use that time to pamper yourself

Just say ok & thank you.:kissing_heart:

My boyfriend doesnā€™t let me either he prefers it when he cooks because heā€™s always been into culinary and a big chef Ramsey fan lol so I just let him lol when Iā€™m at my house (I live with my parents for now) I have to cook the dinners a lot of the times so when we go to his place itā€™s nice to have someone cook for you so since he cooks I clean the whole kitchen and do the dishes kinda like a role reverse lol

Ask him. It probably isnā€™t as great tasting as u think.

Possible guilt. Itā€™s weird, I know. But when people do nice things for me I feel bad. Itā€™s my own issue, but itā€™s a possibility.

Mine says the same shit sometimes but itā€™s just because he low key feels guilty about the after dinner mess! He always tries to convince me to use paper plates too :joy:

1 Like

Maybe feels guilty seeing you work so hard. Let him do the cooking for a change.

Either you actually cant cook or heā€™s over the healthy meals and wants a burger :joy:

IDk, maybe he prefers the hotdogs and beans that his side chick makes.:woman_shrugging:t4::joy: Seriously though if something is bothering you, itā€™s best to talk to HIM about it.

Also do you say anything or complain you always cook at all? Maybe he feels bad you always do the cooking or something idk it could be a number of things the best thing to do is communicate with each other

Guys are easy to please. They donā€™t need 5 star dinners all the time. Heck, my husbands happy if I just make pizza

My partners friend is a chef and when he cooks he goes all out. Itā€™s amazing but I donā€™t need it in my own home. And then all the dishes just makes me uncomfortableā€¦ he doesnā€™t k ow how to make 1 pot wonders, he has to go all out every time even with simple chicken!!!

1 Like

Well when mines told me it was becuz someone else was cooking Ijs. Ask

Iā€™m sure itā€™s not you. Maybe he wants to take over the cooking for a bit to give you a break. Lord only knows with men lol Ask him :slight_smile:

Maybe relax. Try to cook together. Maybe he grew up cooking. Ask him ! Communication is key

Has he been gaining weight?

1 Like