Why won't my husband agree to a tracking app?

I wouldn’t get one either. Seems creepy to me to have someone trackng your every move.
I also don’t think not wanting it means someone has something to hide. My 30+ years of marriage survives just fine without knowing where each other is at any given time.

2 Likes

I have it my sister, her husband, my husband, her in laws, myself, and their daughter are all on it. We used to have a friend on it until we were no longer friends and my mom and brother used to be on it but took themselves off. I don’t see a huge issue with it but have also considered taking it off. We were using it for safety things as well as to see where each other was when we traveled.

WOW people what the hell is wrong with y’all? Not everyone is comfortable with being tracked by their loved ones everywhere they go. I wouldn’t want to do it either there’s other things we can use that will only track the kid. Smh who raised y’all?

1 Like

so then you & your son get it for each other.

Our daughter was in a roll over and the driver had a concussion and was very confused they didn’t know where they were or anything. We got life 360 after that. It is great to have. Only bad thing is we live in a small town and our girls like to cruise town and when they drive by the house it goes off when they arrive and when they leave. So they purposely drive by. I call them everytime amd tell them go drive on the other 4 streets of town. But i wish we would of had it when she got in her accident.

I’m not for those TRACKING devices at all

I don’t like the government tracking my every move I agree w him

I mean he may not want it to be tracked but you can explain it doesn’t have to have permission for his location so it won’t track him but it does have a lot of useful things if you buy the upgfade like crash detection and an sos button that will notify the family linked to it if something happened and I believe it’ll also notify emergency services too but it has quite a few usually things

I mean samsung smart tag or apple air tags work too and can pull up tracking devives you allow. Its what we use. Lol and have one in the car if someone steals it

Does he have to have a reason? He doesn’t want it. You and your son can use it. Leave the man alone until he gives you a reason not to trust him.

4 Likes

Just turn on Google location sharing instead…

I finally got Life 360 after getting my son his first phone. Mainly to make sure I could track it in the event it were stolen (I’ve seen this play out for a friend). Prior to that, I found it odd when others used trackers & still do when it’s used in relationships. Just personal preference. I have absolutely no doubt in the loyalty of my relationship and also zero desire to utilize tracking apps with my partner. So no, I don’t think this is a red flag. People deserve trust & privacy until they’ve PROVEN otherwise. Commenters suggesting you should secretly slap devices in his car, etc … :flushed: Not healthy at all and I’d highly recommend you not take that “advice” … goodluck.

2 Likes

I had it at some point with family. It was never accurate. I also don’t like to be tracked but you can usually set it so it only tracks one way, like you can track them but they can’t track you.

We’re tracked by the government already. That’s enough

3 Likes

He has every right not to want it…but I mean… all of you saying you wouldn’t want to be tracked everywhere…you do know that your phone tracks your movements right? So does fb…and your credit card lol :laughing:

3 Likes

“I don’t like the government tracking every move I make” posted from iPhone :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

My husband and I have it for our daughters but not on each other. So we can both see where they are but we can’t see where each other are. Unless of course the kids are with one of us.

If you all have an iPhone just share locations with each other

I won’t get those app…respect ur husband’s decision

1 Like

My husband refused and I could care less. Not a big deal

We have it , it’s great because my man is always losing his phone that app has saved us money :rofl: if he has nothing to hide I see no reason why he can’t have it?

4 Likes

My oldest daughter and her friends do that but my husband and I do not think it’s necessary.

I wouldn’t do it either. And, I wouldn’t expect my husband to agree to it .

3 Likes

Your hubs doesn’t want to be tracked, if he’s never given you a reason to suspect anything then let it go… he has the right to say no without requiring an answer on why… personal space & some privacy…

6 Likes

Why dont you go to Petco and buy a leash? they come in a variety of colors and you can really keep him under observation, and after leaving Petco you can take him by the vet and have a chip implanted in case he gets lost

7 Likes

I think tracking apps are awful. I dont want someone tracking my every move either. Get an apple tag and put it on your son. Or you and your son can use it and leave your husband out of it. One parent with it is probably enough.

1 Like

I want no part of it and I have nothing to hide. If it was just the ones you selected that could see I would be fine with it, but who all can see that’s running the app? And yes I know that the phone can track you also not to fond of that either.

I wouldnt agree to it myself, i can understand for a child but for an adult… nope

My husband and I had it years ago when he was an Over the road truck driver after the scariest day of my life he didn’t want it but after calling and texting him for hours with no answer which NEVER happens with him I lost my shit scared I didn’t give him a choice. When he came off that job I let him delete it with no fighting cause he is still trucking but more local now… i almost never even used the app we literally only got it so I knew who and where to call if something happened other then that I don’t care where he is or what he’s doing :rofl:

On the for real, he probably just dont want it because that is giving the government more access than they already have.
If it was not for me having my teenage daughter then I myself wouldn’t have 360 either.
I mean call it a conspiracy theory if you would like but it is what it is.

:triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

& I’m not talking about him :rofl:

5 Likes

Both my husband and I have it along with our children. Honestly the kids track us more then we track them.

My fiance and I do it. It started because he was an officer and I’d panic if I haven’t heard from him. before we got engaged I lived an hour and a half away. He would be traveling back and forth late sometimes. Now we live together and he has an office job, but we still like being able to see each other, at least while driving because of the crash detection. But, I don’t think its a red flag if yours doesn’t. It probably just makes him feel like he’s constantly watched. Which is awkward im sure.

I see no problem with wanting to do this! I do see a problem with him not wanting to :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Adults are entitled to some privacy. It’s that simple. No big cheating conspiracy.

4 Likes

This Is Why Aliens Don’t Talk To Us

3 Likes

Me. I do not want it. I do not want it on my phone at all. And I’ve got absolutely NOTHING to hide at all. But regardless, do not at all want that on my phone :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

For your son, not your husband. If he a good boy you won’t push it on him I wouldn’t do it. My ex had tracker in my phone and I wasn’t aware until he drove up next me on break at work he was convinced I was cheating. Were divorced

1 Like

If you want to do it for your kids then YOU do and don’t push your husband. I too don’t think I would want it on my phone. My children have multiple ways to get in touch with me or another family member when needed. His personal choice.

1 Like

The fact that YOUR KID asked his FATHER to get it and his “FATHER” yes I am using air brackets REFUSED is a big red flag period.

8 Likes

Why wouldn’t he wanna know where your son is and if he’s okay ? Like his son wants him to get it as a safety precaution ? My whole family has it , and so does my husband and his family . We have one with all of his family , and one with all of mine . I don’t see the big deal in it . We use it for the same reasons , not to “spy” on each other . I don’t get the big deal ?

8 Likes

I would do it with no problem.

I don’t think some of y’all are understanding. The SON wants them to get it in case his parents can’t get ahold of him. We’re constantly being tracked anyways. What’s the difference? In todays world you never know what’s going to happen

5 Likes

Red flag for sure. Our family uses it with no complaints

2 Likes

I don’t want it on my phone. Your kid is teenager so you would want to track him. We are adults and that is our right to say yes or no and it has nothing to do with cheating. Technology is great but even me as a woman will not put that on my phone. My family knows where I am at all times and I tell them where I’m going but I don’t think I need to be tracked at every second of the day and I have been married for 20 years .

3 Likes

I won’t wear one either but I always make sure to let my sister know where I’m going and what time I should be back if not call cops, alway tell someone you trust where you going

1 Like

I wouldn’t want to use that app who wants to be tracked

2 Likes

My husband uses on travel so we can track him but it runs battery down fast so he turns it off if not driving out of state. My daughter and I have w each other due to school activities etc. however SHE tracked me down at lunch in a restroom to look in her throat once :joy::joy::joy:. I only check rarely . No reason to “keep tabs” if have trust.

1 Like

You’d think he would atleast want to know that his child is okay :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Some people don’t like to be tracked by the gov

2 Likes

Is he one that is against anything that supervises what you are doing like progressives plug in for cheap insurance as well… or paranoid about being watched haha I could see that, ruining suprises. I mean it could be be good or bad you know him better than anyone, you gotta judge how his response is🖤

I wouldn’t get it either

1 Like

Because the kid knows dad is cheating I would bet !!!

6 Likes

My whole family uses it including my husband he has a pretty dangerous job and this lets me know exactly where he is If he doesn’t respond we can get someone to check in on him. My mom uses it with us because she has some health issues and if I can’t reach her I can go find her, we have 4 kids 3 of them teenagers and they use it I also have another group on my 360 with my kids friends because they look at me as their other mom and call me for everything so they created one with me so I can make sure they are OK and so they can make sure I’m OK. I wouldn’t see why any family wouldn’t use it

Maybe he just doesn’t want to feel controlled. You’re probably pushing the issue and now it’s the principal of the thing. It’s principalities… in the words of BIG WORM from Friday :joy:

3 Likes

If you have nothing to hide, why wouldn’t you want your loved ones to always know where you were in case of emergency or something. All my family has them (including my grown kids with us… 17-26 yr olds)

Nope never it’s a good thing

1 Like

I would be concerned but some ppl don’t want to be followed so that’s a personal choice for you to call you know him best.

I got that app on all the phones. Reassures me that everyone is safe…

My family uses it. Not a big deal at all

Nah my man drops his location pin if I won’t be able to get in touch I don’t even ask

I don’t do anything wrong or illegal but I don’t want to be tracked either…

I refuse to get this. I don’t want to be tracked by anyone!

1 Like

If he doesn’t want to then don’t force the issue! It’s called freedom. Just cause your married doesn’t give you the right to force your views and opinions on him.

1 Like

Some people feel weird being tracked. That said my husband and I do use an app option in case something happens we know where they last were and safety is a big thing for us.

My husband and I both have it. He insisted on it after I was diagnosed with diabetes just in case anything happens while I’m out running errands he knows exactly where I am to send help or come get me. Add in all the people snatching nowadays I’m glad we have it.

1 Like

Don’t push it let it go. Not worth fighting for or stressing out about it. You get it , and if you are starting to feel suspicious about him do your own research without letting him on. Truth will always come out to light. If you find nothing then just drop it and live in peace with your family.

5 Likes

If he’s never given you a reason to think he’s cheating then I wouldn’t make an issue. He probably just doesn’t want to be tracked. Marriages fail for no reason other then people going to FB & then everyone works someone into a wrongdoing that never happened. Trust your husband.

3 Likes

He is definitely somewhere he shouldn’t be

1 Like

I would say he just doesn’t want to be tracked. The fact that our phones know every single thing about us and not have a moment of our lives to ourselves is actually pretty crappy. I just don’t want to be tracked I don’t trust it and don’t need it. Maybe he feels the same.

No reason not to unless your hiding something

1 Like

I will not join in life 360 either

2 Likes

Some people are uncomfortable with being tracked.

1 Like

First thought was having your child requesting his parents to link with him, but your husband denying it, is rather weird. :neutral_face:

9 Likes

Some people just hate it. I did for years too. My son, 24, refuses to get it too. People think they’re being tracked by more than just family because it’s an app and those get hacked.

1 Like

No my husband has it. And we have find iPhone on all the kids and each other’s as well. Life 360 alerts your emergency contact too when you are in a accident. ( it works too)

Me and husband drop our location to each other all the time because the way we see it if there’s an emergency and I can’t get a hold of him at least I know where he was last and he definitely likes to use it when he travels out of state for work so the kids can check where he’s at at any time our son who’s five likes to see where Daddy’s at when he’s gone and for his sanity we let him

4 Likes

Kinda the same but kinda not…my man doesn’t like when I leave the Alexas plugged in after he gets home from work. I wouldn’t say “he doesn’t allow it” because he doesn’t get like irate or violent if I forget, he just doesn’t like them. He says it’s a privacy thing and I get it. Maybe it’s the same thing with your tracking app (I’m a 31 year old dinosaur, I have no idea what you are talking about :grimacing:) and your man. Privacy concerns. Not every man (or woman!) is up to no good.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t get it either. :woman_shrugging:
If you want it, go for it.
If your first thought is “Cheating” bc he said No, you already have bigger issues you should address.

1 Like

People are just disrespectful abs don’t respect people’s relationships it’s sad but you have a strong relationship so I wouldn’t worry about it just block them good bye.

I don’t see any issue joining especially if his son asked you to join the app! I see an issue with your husband not wanting to join for his sons sake! Its not about him anymire once children are in the picture! It is weird bc your son is the one who requested you both on it & the only one w/a problem is your husband. Has nothing to do with anyone cheating or even thinking, weird thats the 1st thing he’d say!

I feel like if this was my husband, especially if my kid is the one asking and he refused or don’t want to id be super weird to me.

Ten years ago we didn’t have this crap and I understand that he doesn’t want it. He may feel like he’s proved to you for the past 14 years he’s faithful and honest and this just feels like spying or an invasion of his privacy. If your son has it and you have it then you guys are good. No need for his dad to have it too

1 Like

He. Probably is afraid that other. People could track him besides you guys. And he doesn’t want that

Some people are just weird about things like that cuz you gotta think if you can know where he’s at anyone can my dad wouldn’t get one either and I know he’s never cheated on my mom

2 Likes

Me and my fiancé have our locations shared, mostly for safety also for peace of mind. Locations are never a secret if you’re trying to hide your location from your family I think that’s a red flag

10 Likes

I think its only a good idea if one is out of Town or has to drive far.

1 Like

My mom and I have it but I don’t look it act like I give her a ease of mind maybe u could tell me your not trying to be noisey just for safety

So people feel like it is an dog like tracking collor! They want to feel a little freedom!

iPhone and google know too much already…… we just use Snapchat or location sharing on iMessages for my daughter mainly because she can’t always give me an exact location of where she is so I can find her that way. I would never ask my partner or make them have it. When my son gets his phone next year we will turn on location sharing but that’s it …. There was a security breach on 360 I read…. ?!

He can get it and turn off location. That’s an option he is free to choose. This gives him the ability to track the child. He doesn’t have to share location with you or the child. It has nothing to do with infidelity. I wouldn’t want to be treated that way if I’m an adult.

Maybe he’s had bad experiences before with not being trusted and it’s a sore spot for him? Sometimes things just feel off or we don’t like the idea of them without an easy to put into words reason.

My husband and 3/4 of my kids and my nephew share this app. So we can always find each other. The youngest is 6 and doesn’t have a phone. I don’t think any of us know your husband or situation well enough to help you. My husband has no social media, and maybe yours just doesn’t want some app tracking him. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Because some peoples life isn’t revolving around a phone so maybe you should respect his wishes because all you’re gonna do is just watch him anyway…

2 Likes

I share my location with my adult children. They used to share theirs with me. Funny how things change. They just feel better knowing where I am :woman_shrugging:

Literally you can track him anyway with findmyphone.com
My girlfriend does it to me every now and again when i take longer doing things than i said i was going to like grocery shopping lol. She mostly uses it to see how close i am to home.
But literally he doesnt even need to download an app. You wana know where he is i say find his ass

I won’t get it either. I’ve actually heard stories about that app getting hacked in to.

1 Like

The life 360 app drains your battery quick. With that being said we have the find my friends on our phones (iPhones) and there is never an issue as far as the location

1 Like

Me and my husband share our location on our iPhones only because he works super early and often doesn’t get much sleep and it gives me peace of mind seeing if he made it to work safely bc he always forgets to text me

1 Like

Jeez. All these comments and we wonder why divorce rates are so high.

I personally wouldn’t get the app if I thought that anyone could track me. And I sure wouldn’t want to track my husband. If I was paranoid enough to track my husband, then every time he left his job to go get food, or to make a work run or basically anything that he didn’t tell me about before hand, then I would freak out and assume the worst. Sounds like a good way to make yourself more paranoid. If your son wants tracking for you to see where he’s at, get him a gabb watch or phone, or many other smart phones that already have a GPS feature for parents. But unless there is a reason to worry with your husband, then stop worrying. There are so many reasons why he may not want it. He may not like the thought of never having privacy, may not trust the app, might not have storage space in his phone, the list goes on and on.

9 Likes