Would it be disrespectful of me as a nanny to tell the parents how to parent?

Maybe offer to come in at 7, instead of 8? Tell them you’ve noticed the things mentioned above and you’d love to help out in any way. That way they can’t be offended by it.

6 Likes

IMO I definitely would say something

Well the parents have 3 toddlers. That’s not easy and they are probably doing the best they can. You get there at 8am so why don’t you change them? Your the nanny aren’t you? You get on a routine. Most babies aren’t Changed through the night to be honest unless they are really small and doing feedings. Do your job and don’t worry about their parenting unless actual abuse is happening :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

The parents are obviously tired and realize how much work their kids are to have two nannies. What time are the kids waking up in the morning? If they get up at 6 or 7 yes the parents should change them, but if it’s right before you get there might be why they wait. I find it hard to believe the kids are having these many problems from an overnight wet diaper. I would just make sure you keep the bottoms well protected with diaper creme or Aquaphor to help heal them during the time you are there. Also start potty training them to help with the diaper situation. You might also ask the parents to cut back all liquids closer to bedtime, because it sounds like they are getting lots of it before going to bed.

2 Likes

Wow!!! Nasty answers in this one

11 Likes

Well yes they should.

1 Like

I guess this is an unpopular opinion, but what you’re describing sounds like neglect to me. I would absolutely say something (politely). If they’re developing rashes and infections from improper hygiene, that’s not only neglectful, it borders on abuse.

16 Likes

Just work on potty training hun . I’m afraid if you peve off the parents there just replace you. And I know you don’t want that . Unfortunately your just in one of those tough spots :confused:
Baby bottles :face_with_raised_eyebrow: wow… um I think those parents need parenting classes to learn how to be a proper parent but let’s face it . That’s not going to happen

8 Likes

First off, thank you for caring for those kids so much, I’m sure you are an excellent nanny to them and that’s awesome! I would definitely bring it up, just try to do it in a very safe and non judgmental way so they don’t get defensive. Maybe approach it as, young kids in diapers can get rashes very easily with wet diapers, especially at night, so if someone could make sure to change them first thing before anything else in the morning that will help a lot! Try to make it positive and not specifically to just their kids and that may help.

If you are coming at 8 am it’s pretty normal for them to be wet since most parents don’t change their kids in the middle of the night. I know I don’t. Why would someone wake their kids up and disturb their sleep?. Also I know you are concerned over the rashes but some kids just have sensitive skin. And bottles might be a comfort thing which is why they get bottles first thing in the morning. Also what time are the parents waking up ? I know I like to have a hour to my self before my kids wake up. if I woke my kids up let’s say 7 they are getting beyond mad at me. We don’t know anything. We don’t know how long the kids have been awake. 8 in my opinion is early and perfect time to get little ones up.

10 Likes

You could tell them, but I wouldn’t guarantee to still have a job. Maybe suggest you come in a bit earlier as you see the kids are waking earlier etc

5 Likes

I went through the same with grandchild they pop the bottle first thing and wonder why baby won’t eat. I would just change babies because you can’t change adults. Sounds to me like the babies are lucky to have your concerns good luck!

2 Likes

Simple explain how unhealthy it is for the each child to be in the wet, smelly diapers. And if they really loved their children they would step up and change their bottoms at night more. Dress them in proper attire each day. After all they are the parent not you!

if you don’t mention something. and at least kids go to the pediatrician and they noticed those rashes they’re going to be questioning people possibly notifying the department of family services so you might want to bring it to the parents attention because you’re going to be the one that they’re going to look at first as being a nannies and without some sort of proof that you’ve done your job while they’re in your custody they’re going to put you in the trip bag just my thought though

1 Like

I think women tend to nanny and overstep their roles because they get connected to the child and parent their way. It’s not always truly abuse. Any other woman coming into a home with kids will have something to say. I can imagine the nanny gossip that goes on…

2 Likes

So they have not one but two Nancy’s? That’s the first indication that they completely rely on the 2 of you to care for their children, it is what they are paying you for. I would recommend asking to get there an 30 minutes to an hour earlier and tell them why, they will either say yes or hopefully change them.

4 Likes

I think maybe try and approach it as something you recently read. For instance you can say “I read an article that says doctors are telling parents to change their kids after (however many hours you want) because the rise on toddler yeast infections is at an all time high” I can imagine raising triplets really puts a dent in your pockets so I would assume that they want them out of diapers 2.5 I mean they should pretty much be trying at least to potty train them. I’m not sure if they are boys or girls & believe me there is a difference between boys potty training and girls potty training however at 2.5 regardless of sex a child should have at the very least been introduced to a potty at this point.

Not entirely sure if you have children of your own but personally as a mother if I had a nanny that I’m paying probably a decent amount of money regardless if they had children or not but especially if they did not I would be offended to the max if I was getting parenting advice first thing in the morning and told what to do with my children , they could in return fire you and you could be out of a job.

I think the best decision for you is to take the potty training into your own hands. If you are with them all day long starting at 8 AM then you’re the one that’s going to be potty training them anyways so why not start now or really start enforcing it? That will save everyone a lot of tension. As far as the kids being in their pajamas at 8 AM I think that is completely reasonable and I think it would be a little unreasonable of you to suggest anything different maybe when they wake up they aren’t that wet but the first morning bottle does make babies especially toddlers if they are still in diapers very soggy so by the time you get there that is the result.

They are waiting for you to be the parent

5 Likes

Hi. As a parent of triplets I must admit that there were days I may have left my triplets in wet diapers a little longer than I should have. I did not have a nanny (but thank god for family and friends) and some days I was just trying to make it through the day. What I appreciated was when someone was around and saw the wet diaper(s) and just jumped in and changed them. My triplets are going on 16 now and are perfectly healthy. Whatever you decide just be kind. Us triplets mom’s can be a little stressed out. :grinning: Good luck!

16 Likes

If they are effecting the triplets in a negative manner for whatever reason, you should speak up. That’s a touchy situation. Be prepared to receive some negative reaction or maybe even the loss of your job because some people can’t take constructive criticism even when it benefits their children. It seems they don’t want to parent so you or the other nanny should go into work earlier so when the kids wake up you can be there to change their diapers and clothing and start teaching them to be spoon fed. Good luck. I hope this situation turns out positive for you, the other nanny , and the triplets…

3 Likes

That’s some bs! That ain’t cool as a parent that was my least favorite hobby but the sooner I did it the sooner it got over with they need to change those dang kids diapers they are pure lazy just waiting for you tooo do it tell them something that’s abuse and those rashes hurt when my sons got those at daycare I would let my baby sit in baking soda and water let him air out for a while then apply the butt paste red and yellow cream from Walmart always worked for my kids! Thank goodness those babies have you we need more people like you! Good things happen to good people!

Suggest they change the kids nappies

1 Like

Are they tired or just being lazy knowing the nanny’s are coming?

1 Like

I would suggest when you get on site change the babies before they even wake up. Make it a habit and speak truth with love. God bless you and he definitely blessed those babies with y’all in their lives. :heart::pray:t3:

1 Like

Talk to them. Tell them your concerns. It’s all you can do…

The next time they have a rash, suggest they take the child/ren to the doctor to have it seen too.

1 Like

I think as long as you say it respectfully. Something like how you just said it “can I have a word? I just happen to notice this and it’s causing this. Do you think you could do this different and it’ll be all around better for everyone”

Hopefully they don’t get offended and the babies get what they need.

2 Likes

“Do YoUr JoB” some of you sound horrible, triplets or not, you don’t have to completely wake the baby to change them ya know…

Idk the best way to tell the parents but I’d probably mention it somehow

7 Likes

Bottles at 2.5 … no
Nappies so full that it is causing rashes and yeast infections… also no

Sounds like you used make use of your time that you’re paid to be there and potty train them and introduce a cup
These parents clearly have two nannies so they don’t have to worry about it

6 Likes

What is their sleep schedule & how do you know it’s been 12 hours as opposed to 7 or 8?

That would imply these children aren’t being bathed before bed and actually being put to sleep in wet diapers.

As for treating this issue, which you can and should do, you could give them time to air dry with each diaper change and apply a tea tree (3 drops), olive (3tsp) and coconut (3tsp) oil mixture to soothe their bottoms and cure infections. Also, an oatmeal bath would help them too.

Its not wrong to express concern

4 Likes

I would address it differently. I would ask if they are interested in beginning potty training as they are plenty old enough for it and just say you think it would help their rashes stop. If that’s the only bottle they get in the day i wouldn’t be too worried but if they are getting bottles all day I’d start using cups with them during the day and when they master that just tell the parents that they are doing well with cups and could probably ditch all the bottles. It can be totally normal to start a kid with a drink in the morning so you have a few minutes to get breakfast ready though. You just have to be careful and tactful or it could make your job difficult because of the parents getting offensive.

9 Likes

Well.’ You. Could. Ask. If. They. Want. Some". Then. If. They. Don’t. Then
Keep. Your. Console.

I have triplets. They didn’t sleep until 8 until they were teenagers!

2 Likes

As a nanny you do what is the best interest of the children. Even if it means subtle helpful tips for the parents who arent there when you are

1 Like

They are 2.5, potty train them

4 Likes

I’d say to them that the kids all have rashes and the yeast infection too and you noticed their diapers full when you get there. You were thinking if they’re kept dry it might help the rashes go away better.
Not changing the diapers if they see it and give them bottles is just lazy and sad. I get being stressed but come on, put those kids first.

3 Likes

Y’all as nanny’s can’t go up there and change them on your off time once in the middle of the night to make sure they don’t continue with a rash? If they ask what you’re doing tell them then nicely that they have continuous rashes and I’d rather change them for you to help prevent it and then maybe they could be better parents seeing as you’re the nanny and want what’s good for their kids versus what they want? This sounds crazy. Saggy soggy diapers and constant rashes.

2 Likes

There’s a lot to think about here, at 2.5 they really don’t need all that liquid from the bottles. I think it’s time to cup train, so u could suggest if the parents would let you do that for them, they wouldn’t have such a huge diaper bill and that would really be a great intro into potty training…a bit later

1 Like

They should be potty trained by then … That is a little old for bottles . Almost 3 years old needs food and milk or juice cups , not bottles. Yes , just lazy .

1 Like

Well I see the concern. You are wondering of they parent at all or wait for you and the other nanny to do it. It’s like the parenting is left up to you and the other nanny. I would just have a sit down with them and ask their goals as to potty training and transitioning to sippy cups and go from there.

12 Likes

I was a nanny to twins & 5 year old… Parents up getting ready for work. Making lunches… it was my job to wash,change, feed the twins when they woke up… or when I arrived, they were in their cribs… ask parents to grab some corn starch… use as powder… diaper rash will disappear… smile make babies happy… :heart: Working parents… are already stressed… be kind, so lucky to have two Nannys…

7 Likes

If they are 2.5 you could really focus on potty training. They should be ready! Maybe that way you could avoid conflict and help the babies.

4 Likes

If you get there and see their diapers are full why not just change them. I mean your there to care for them. I would just do it myself and not cause any unneeded issues.

3 Likes

I’ve been a full time nanny for about 15 years. Definitely say something. You’re a team with the parents and other nanny, everyone needs to work together for a common goal. BUT idk your dynamics with them. I’m me, so I always speak up. ‘Can we try this this way?’ But I’ve always had pretty good bosses who are team players.

7 Likes

The things rich ppl get away with ……

6 Likes

If you can find a kind, non judgmental way of talking to them, by all means speak up! But if you come across as being harsh, judgmental, or like you’re telling them what to do…you’re likely to lose your job.

4 Likes

Why at 2.5 years old are they still getting bottles of milk? They should be eating meals. Unless they have a sensory issue where they literally don’t eat (I have a non-verbal 3year old autistic nephew with severe sensory issues. He doesn’t eat or drink a single thing, other than strawberry or chocolate milk- yes, he is under the care of a physician). You could bring up the potential for bottle rot, and ask them if they’d mind if you guys attempted to start transitioning them to sippy cups. Also, you could say something along the lines of attempting to establish a daily routine
ex: breakfast, getting dressed, brushing/flossing teeth, etc…

Yeast loves warm, moist areas. Also, it feeds off of sugar. There is actually A LOT of sugar in milk. Gentian Violet is an amazing homeopathic antifungal that my daughter has to use when she gets any sort of yeast infection- she’s allergic to the creams. It is applied topically and will literally dye anything it touches bluish-purple. Also, I would recommend children’s probiotics to help combat.

Also, you’re obviously with them during the day… start potty training them. Ask the parents to start purchasing pull-ups in lieu of diapers.

6 Likes

Are these little ones still in cribs.

My last paycheck was $14709 working 20 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out.

For Details >>>> https://cashfiz12.netlify.app/

You can suggest starting your shift earlier, that way you can change the diapers earlier for the parents. They probably don’t see an issue with leaving things till when you get there, so tell them the issue and that you can start at 6 or 7 to take care of the kids when they first get up

1 Like

I agree that getting started on potty training, cup training and also making suggestions on changing the kids first thing in the morning. Keep it positive and make it a team effort. I’m sure having 3 2.5 yo kiddos and full time jobs is exhausting so anything you can do to support the parents is amazing. If they are first time parents they really may not realize what needs to change to move forward.

2 Likes

A lot of these comments are infuriating. If this was a babysitter to a welfare mom you’d be ripping the parent apart for laziness but bc it’s someone who can afford TWO NANNIES, you’re all in awe and suggesting the nanny just do more.

This is abuse. It’s laziness and it’s abuse. I wish there was a way to report it without a losing your job. I suggest potty training them. If you help with bedtime, switch from bottles to music. The important thing is that you remaining around so the children have you.

And to those of you defending the infections —- no yeast infections and diaper rashes aren’t normal. They are a sign of an issue. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

37 Likes

IMO you are there for the children. You are their advocate, just like a daycare/babysitter. If you see something that isn’t right/borderline neglectful you need to mention it and if things don’t change, you may need to report it. (This is coming from a mandatory reporter, the rashes/history of yeast infection is enough to show neglect.

4 Likes

You could suggest coming in earlier. You could also see if they want you to cup train them. As for still wearing diapers, that parts fine. My daughter is almost 3 and is just now showing interest in the potty. I’m not going to potty train her until she is 3 or is able to tell me she has to go before she goes in her diaper…

Just go ahead and change them first or change them while they’re having their bottle.

Ask them if they want you to come earlier to get them out of soggy diapers and help with potty training

As far as potty training…
All undies all the time…

Get them potty trained

2.5years? Or months?
I would take away the bottle…and get them downstairs for breakfast?
And as for soaking nappies.
They are ready for toilet training.

2 Likes

That is a cps call, they aren’t raising those babies at all, they just put them in the crib until the nannies come. That’s disgusting.

15 Likes

Yes the parents are lazy why are they on bottle at 2.5 should be having solids it’s disgusting get them told they can afford 2 nannies it’s just pure laziness

6 Likes

Call cys that’s nasty and lazy of them. Also if you take them to the dentist or go with them make sure you let them know they still use bottles…. They will tell mom

Not defending anyone but I worked in childcare for 10 years and I just had my first baby less then 3 weeks ago and I wished while I was in childcare I would have cut some parents some slack because things aren’t always the way they appear. Only had the child in my care max 10 hours once they are home I didn’t know what was going on and how the parents were taking care of there children.

7 Likes

Yes you should say something or just do it.

Everyone saying the kids should be eating solids. I’m sure they are but my two year old still wants a bottle of milk in the morning before breakfast. I change her before I give it to her though.

7 Likes

It is not her job to come in earlier to do something that should be the first thought on the parents mind when the children wake up. I’m sure that having three 2.5 year olds is overwhelming but that doesn’t disregard the fact that the parent(s) still have obligations to their children. I would talk with them about potty training and cup training. I’d also ask for them to do a diaper check right before bed just incase they are wetting them ahead of bedtime. Maybe a switch to overnight diapers would also help some. As someone else said you are acting as their advocate.

19 Likes

Potty train them & contact CPS for neglect… I’d take pics for proof.

5 Likes

That’s pretty bad but expect you advice not to be welcomed 12 hour diapers are just wrong snd first I read the first sentence snd was like yep but hen I kept reading unacceptable

You should definitely just change them right when you get there and you should tell the parents that they’re really wet when you arrive and need changing sooner to avoid the other problems they’re having …common sense to me and as a parent I would want that. they need to be on top of the child care and you should let them know things that you see and need attention. They are relying on you nannies. It sounds like they are either very busy very lazy about raising their own children or both but they are depending on you for things that they might not even know about including milk bottles at that age. I would just suggest they buy some sippy cups and get them started on potty training etc.

2 Likes

If I were you, I would have called it out to the parents and see what their reaction is. Just change those little bottoms first.:pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

Maybe suggest not giving them too much bottles/liquids before bed. Seems like they went to bed with their bottles. And wake up to more bottles. Which of course, leads to heavy wet diapers. Which leads to rash and infections. Makes me wonder how old the parents are. Either very young or just lazy. But let them know and educate them.

1 Like

8 am to what? It sounds like you live there. If you do why aren’t the two of you alternating nights? I’ve had six kids and I’ve had two that wouldn’t let you change them and I had one that no matter if you changed them at 11 pm before bed they would be leaking out. It’s time you potty trained them. You let them in diapers at 2.5 but you have them all day and don’t potty train them? That would be your job as a nanny as when asleep will be when they hold it in.
I’ve changed one of mine at 3 am and her diaper is falling off at 7. So what you want but if you’ve been there for a year and your not trying to potty train them your lot a good nanny either and that makes them look bad as well for hiring you

8 Likes

Maybe try to approach the situation by mentioning that they are growing up and offering gifts of sippy cups and a little potty first then they may be more accepting of your help but I agree be very kind and nonjudgmental

5 Likes

My 2 year old has a soggy nappy at 7 am, she takes it off herself most mornings, she sleeps through the night.

When my 1 year old and 2 year old used to wake up at night sometimes I was way too tired (like falling asleep on my feet tired) I would make a bottle and give them a bottle and then crash again but I would always change their nappies first thing. But their nappies was never that full.
My 1 year old gets really bad nappy rashes even with constant nappy changes.

Y’all are weird.
Just because they have two nannies doesn’t mean they don’t have to parent their OWN kids. Wtf. Their nannies, not volunteer full time parents. They still
Need to parent their children and that includes diaper changes. Even if it’s at 6/7 am before the nanny gets there. They’ll pee again and have to be changed again. Likeee??? What? they think “oh the nanny is one the way, I’ll leave the diaper change for her otherwise she won’t have anything to do” that’s wrong. The children will pee again and poop again and the nanny will change them again. Like that’s not a job to just leave. That’s disgusting .

All these people saying call cp please don’t if there isn’t any real concern I was just tell them to change them

3 Likes

It’s not WHAT u say, it’s HOW u say it…
Instead of saying u should change ur kids immediately when they wake up or whatever… I would say WE should try changing them more often since they already have had rashes and such… That way the parents don’t feel like ur attacking them, even though they should know this already. And I would recommend maybe when they get up in the morning instead of changing their diapers try putting them in some regular underwear and start potty training they are 20 and a half and if they’re not interested in being potty trained fine but at least try

7 Likes

No reason for a kid over 12months to be using bottles, should Of transitioned to sippys… at least that’s what I did and believe in. Full diapers when kids wake up is normal though, even when I would change my son in the middle of the night he would still wake up completely soaked…some kids are just like that. But if they are awake for hours and still not changed then that’s neglect and should be reported since you make it sound as it’s a daily issue.

3 Likes

I would probably bring it up to them. Afterall you are being paid to take care of the children. When u saw the diaper was soaked you could of taken that responsibility then

Ever think, maybe they are being neglectful because they have two nannies they think they don’t have to do some parent duties…. It’s very common. All of y’all are like “they can afford two nannies, they’re obviously not neglectful parents”??? What??? That doesn’t make sense. Money has nothing to do with being a good parent.

31 Likes

Tell them babies are getting rashes change dipers after 6 hrs max

if your the nanny you do it

2 Likes

If you think they are being neglected without you take pictures and send to cps anonymously, you are the only one seeing this I’m guessing so prepare to lose your nanny job but the children’s health and happiness are way more important.

1 Like

Tell them, and note if they don’t listen

I wouldn’t address it directly but I would ask if they wanted me to take the lead in potty training the kids. Sounds like they will happily let you do the work and then you can be rid of diapers all together. Maybe as a little “gift” you can bring them cups with their names on them to try to get rid of the bottles?

26 Likes

It scares me that some of y’all on here commenting have children. No the nanny should not have to come in earlier b/c these parents want to be lazy :pig:. It’s straight up fckin neglect what they are doing.

17 Likes

12 hour diapers? It sounds like your over dramatizing if you ask me. Like really how do you know it’s been 12 hours when you show up at 8 am? And yes Pampers are HEAVY in the morning when they first wake up… you would know that if you were a mother and not just an obnoxious “nanny”

7 Likes

I would leave it alone. No kid died of a soiled diaper. It isn’t a huge deal. Lots of kids have soaked diapers upon waking. This too shall pass.

3 Likes

I would maybe just tell them casually at first and see how it goes. Like maybe a “Hey, I noticed when changing the kids in the morning they are super wet, maybe they need a changing later in the evening” or you could even suggest diaper inserts. I wouldn’t do it in a confrontational way at first, just a gentle suggestion and see how it goes from there first.

4 Likes

Also, why are 2 1/2 year olds still having bottles for breakfast and before bed? Why aren’t the parents switching them to solids and trying to feeed them breakfast? Like cereal or pancakes or eggs? Seems weird. I’d definitely say something and I hope it doesn’t result in you losing your job, because to me sounds like you’re the replacement mom and those kids need you.

6 Likes

Remind them they’re still parents WTH how sad

5 Likes

This is terrible.What do you mean?Parents are being neglectful.Diapers alone is a sign yeast infection and rashes.Wth wow.Bottles 2.5 should be in sippy cups.Your a nanny to help them.Irrresponsible as parents all the way.Unexecuseable you should say something.But that’s not parenting at all.
Change papers get up during night.I dont care how tired you are.Yes I’m a mother if 2 boys now 17 and 18.Btw my biys never had diaper rashes or infections.Changed them constantly.

3 Likes

People are so quick to criticize and judge when they don’t have kids…especially multiples! How does she know the diapers are 12 hours old??? Just messy! Find another job.

10 Likes

2.5 year old triplets and the parents hired 2 nannies. I’m willing to bet the kids been to the doctors more than enough too.

1 Like

Say it in a polite manner, cause they will be humiliated

It’s a wet diaper :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: y’all so ridiculous a diaper rash ain’t never killed a child or stopped the child from growing . Either change the diaper when u arrive or leave them people alone . It’s not that deep . & for everybody telling u to call cps I can tell they are the type of KARENS that go viral for all the wrong reasons . You can find another job . That’s always an option . These questions always tickle me on this page

10 Likes

Cheyanne Pavesi how do you know they don’t eat solids though? All she said was that the kids drink a bottle straight out the crib in the morning. How do you know the kids don’t eat nothing right after the bottle? You don’t

Definitely say something😭

4 Likes

You seem to be missing the fact that you are their employee. That said, I’d wager that you’re also NOT a parent. If you want to keep your job and/or have any hope of getting another, I’d advise you to do your job and close your mouth!

15 Likes