Would it be disrespectful of me as a nanny to tell the parents how to parent?

Sounds to me like the kids are trinkets…
What parent can’t be bothered to change a diaper and has 2 nannys for 3 children???

10 Likes

If possible I would just assist at bedtime and make sure they are dry dry and maybe sneak some cornstarch 100% in the diapers and that should help when they aren’t doing there job. Telling parents how even if they are wrong usually get insulted cause “they are the best for their child” in their eyes. Tread lightly and carefully

3 Likes

Hmmm…you guys are really really mean. I didn’t noticed one ounce of judgment on the part of the nannies. You don’t have to be a mother to know that kids should be changed when they wake up. As parents we get little lazy sometimes especially with 3 little ones! I dont even know how to advise her but I sure wouldn’t be judgy about how she presented it !

15 Likes

Honestly, that’s borderline neglectful behavior and can be reported to CPS

7 Likes

I would definitely tell the parents they need to do a better job caring for those babies. If they don’t - report them. That is neglect!!!

2 Likes

Ummm I would mention this to the parents that their diapers always look like they are about to explode to the point they really got bad rashes…and also they need two nannies for what reason??? I raised four children by myself with no nannies …sounds like they are lazy parents and sounds like you two nannies aren’t doing your jobs either because you are complaining about it …sounds like you two should be fired and those triplets removed from that home if the fact what you are saying is true but at the same time you could be making this whole thing up because you are mentally ill like the nannies ppl have seen on the lifetime movies because they secretly want to steal the husband or the kids :rofl:

9 Likes

My last paycheck was $15122 working 20 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out.

For Details >>>> https://buildupprojob12.netlify.app/

I would politely let the parents know what you’ve noticed. They may be tired or just drained. May not really know what they’re doing wrong. I’ve never left mine like that but I didn’t have 3 at once either. I’ve had 2 in diapers at the same time and when one child woke the other did. 2 years old I didn’t have mine on bottles either. Changing a diaper was always the first thing I did.

Just ask parents when babies were changed last and if they’d mind if you apply some Vaseline as a barrier to help with rash and chapped bottoms. Vaseline is a good barrier and can also provide enough moisture to help baby heal. Another thing could be size or type of diaper. Some babies are more sensitive and also the wrong size could have a hard time holding the amount they go so would seem to be bursting after even a couple hours at night.

1 Like

Are you sure these are 12 hour pee diapers? Asking Bc my 2.5 year old will wake up with a FULLL (falling off) diaper sometimes despite the fact that I just changed him in the middle of the night. Usually it’s right before he needs to go up a size. Also, my son has milk before bed and when he first wakes up just because it’s his routine.

Still, it does sound to me like the parents ARE falling behind. I’ve never had multiples, but they are still these triplets parents. Between the two of them and the two nannies, I’m sure they can figure it out in a respectful manner.

2 Likes

Stop telling this nanny to do her job and to be quiet. She is doing her job and is concerned for these kids. Exhausted or not these parents should be able to change a diaper. If those kids wake up at 6:30 they are sitting in a wet diaper for an hour and a half waiting on a nanny. And they are constantly getting infection and rash. It’s not that big of an effort to change a diaper real quick before the nanny comes. The nanny probably don’t work weekends so we hope this parents are taking care of their children. I have 4 kids, work full time with a newborn and exhausted or not I have to be a parent

4 Likes

I would check in and see how they’re doing. Just say hey I noticed one had a pretty bad diaper rash, we should probably all work together to keep them changed. If behavior continues I’d report them to cps

3 Likes

If the parents only have the triplets maybe they don’t know and just need to be EDUCATED. :woman_shrugging:t2: Having triplets as first time parents can be hard I’m sure. Just have a casual conversation about it. Tell them you noticed these problems and suggest some changes. See how they react to it.

1 Like

The next rash you kindly remind them that diapers need to be changed more often to prevent it. Ask mom to buy sippy cups for you to use during the day and kindly say the kids are transitioning well to cups so maybe you wanna try those so we can get them off the bottle.

I mean my kids sleep long enough some days that they wake up soaked. It’s not neglectful maybe just need overnight diapers or the next size up. Also my kids after sleeping 12 hours wake up starving. Bottles at 2.5 probably not the best but they aren’t my kids and they have 3.

1 Like

I think I’d raise it in a non confrontational way initially. Parenting multiples is challenging, even with nannies, so I’d be sympathetic to a point.
If the kids have had lots of nappy rash etc I’d just raise with the parents that you’re giving them loads of nappy free time to address it and ask them to change their nappies first thing in the morning.

Maybe talk to the parents about reviewing their morning routine so you can introduce cups rather than bottles too. So they’re up, nappies changed, breakfast, ready for when you arrive.

If the situation doesn’t change then I think you can have a firmer conversation about the need to change nappies overnight or first thing.

Good luck. I think you’re right to be concerned and I think its part of your job to raise it.

1 Like

Pajamas at 8am is not a big deal in the slightest little bit.
I’m going to assume they’re probably not 12 hour old diapers but I believe its very full and yes it sucks for the kids. I don’t think this means neglect though. Perhaps they’re giving them a bottle to go to bed with. Or maybe they go to bed slightly earlier than you’re realizing and the parents don’t want to wake them in the night to change their diaper. It doesn’t say how long the kids are awake before you get there. Maybe it’s only mins and thats why they’re not changed yet.

It’s not uncommon to see 2 year olds with bottles. Granted sippy cups are better imo at that age but a bottle isn’t hurting anyone. It’s not much difference than still breast feeding at that age which also isn’t uncommon.

I seen someone else suggest buying the kids some cool sippy cups. And also offer to start potty training them to get rid of diapers completely.
I agree with both these ideas.
Just say you noticed their diapers seem a lot more full in the mornings recently and its causing more rashes so you’re thinking potty training and getting them out of diapers now might be beneficial for them.
As for the bottles, just use sippy cups all day while you’re with them. They’ll start asking for them in the mornings once they choose a favorite one they love.

5 Likes

You are a very responsible nanny.

1 Like

No that’s why they hired you

1 Like

I feel a lot if parents see 12 hour protection as an excuse to test it out :woman_facepalming: I would be bothered by this too.
Maybe push to potty train and night train :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

These are not your kids and they may fire you for speaking. If you work through an agency, talk to the agency. If not, I’d say call CPS and find other work.

1 Like

Unless there is outward abuse then what your employer is doing before you clock in is not your concern imo.Just like at any other job they are gonna run their house how they see fit.It’s possible the kids are waking up right before 8 so they haven’t changed diapers.If the parents have to leave for work that is a hectic time so I can get just giving them their bottle knowing they will get changed when they are done by their caregivers.I wouldn’t necessarily do what they do with their kids but the most you can say is “if you think the kids are ready we can begin doing our part trying to potty train ànd wean them off the bottles during the day” that puts it out there and isn’t so “you need to do this” with them.

2 Likes

Why these kids not potty trained is what I’d like to know :sob:

1 Like

I’d say that you’ve noticed the kids keep getting diaper rashes and you think it’s because they are having too many pees at night and either need to be changed in the middle of the night or as soon as they wake up so they aren’t wet for long periods. For the bottle thing, i would excitedly mention a cool transition sippy cup with good reviews that they should try out when they’re ready to get the kids off of bottles.

3 Likes

I ,as well nanny, BUT as even though you are there to look out for the childrens welfare it is extremely out of line to " tell them how to parent" , especially if by chance you don’t have children. You can bring it up to them that youve noticed that the diapers are falling off maybe a larger size would be a better option. That way you are expressing your concerns without telling them how to parent. And maybe ask mom about a and d ointment or vaseline. And I’m sure with being able to hire TWO nannies they can afford braces for all three from having bottles till whenever they stop. Parenting is hard but if you value your paycheck you take care of them best you can while there and then the rest is on the parents . I would tread lightly if at all… just me though. I value my job🤷‍♀️

2 Likes

I would approach it by bringing up the rashes, so that the focus is on the health aspect and not on their parenting.
I would try:
“I noticed the kids (or specific kid) have consistently had a terrible rash. I’m thinking that if we get them out of their wet diapers as soon as they wake, it may help to eliminate the rash.”

Or bring up that you noticed they had them frequently and with other experiences you’ve had with this, it can help to change the diapers more often or have it be the first step when they wake up.

However you word it, keep the focus on the issue it’s causing, and not their actions that resulted in it.
Sometimes parents just don’t realize the correlation, and I imagine it has to be tough with 3 little ones the same age.

Lead with compassion and the mindset that they want what is best for the kids and will correct it once they see. If you make it seem like you’re judging them, that could go sideways real quick. Don’t make it a huge production, just a simple suggestion.

If they blow it off or act like they would rather do it their way than what’s best for their kids, that’s a different issue and you’ll have to approach it more forcefully.

Good luck! That’s a tough position to be in!
But just remember: they hired you bc they recognize they needed/wanted help, so hopefully they’re open to your suggestions regarding the care of their children.

9 Likes

I only read the first line…. Yes! It would be disrespectful

1 Like

Lazy parents. Change your kids.

4 Likes

Oh wow. Sounds like parents who don’t do diapers. I’d mention a concern for the diaper rash and yeast and explain what caused it. Be gentle in the conversation. No need to get fired.

3 Likes

How is your relationship with the parents? Are they generally open to suggestions? Do they ever solicit your advice? Are the attentive to the childrens needs in other areas? What time do the children go to bed? Wake up? Are the children good eaters? When the children go to the dr., who takes them? Have you talked to the other nanny? How do they feel? What time does your shift end? Does other nanny work the same shift as you? Lots of unknowns which makes it hard to offer advice.
For the sake of the childrens well being, yes, it seems their diapers need to be changed sooner or more frequent. If the drink a great deal right before bed, it may be contributing to wetter diapers. What are they drinking throughout the day? If it is acidic it can lead to rashes as well. As far as potty training, if they are ready, good idea to sit down with the parents and other nanny to create a potty training plan.
Parenting is challenging, parenting triplets, even more so. If they are first time parents, especially first time parents who have not been around children, they may not know better. It may seem like common sense to some, it’s not for others. You would definitely want to approach the topic lightly. I’m guessing you enjoy the family and are looking out for the best interest of the children. You could ask to speak to them before or after your shift, let them know you want to assist with providing their children with the best care. Mentioned you’ve noticed the childrens diapers really full in the morning and worry this may be contributing to the childrens on-going rashes/infection. Ask how you can help? May be ask what time do they last change the children? Don’t attack, don’t judge, approach the parents from a more “how can I help?” approach.
Best of luck

6 Likes

too bad you can’t start an hour earlier, that is kind of late to have a wet diaper on. the parents r a little lazy.

2 Likes

Talk to the parents and ask them what they prefer.

1 Like

Maybe talk about starting to potty train these babies and get on the same page as the parents or ask them about coming in earlier and increasing your hours you are on the clock. Are the parents extremely busy that they can’t take the time to change the babies?? What is the whole situation? Maybe make the parents a transition gift basket and fill it with items for babies their age, training pants, extra sheets and mattress covers, sippy cups etc. I’m not saying that you need to buy the babies supplies but maybe the parents are so busy/overwhelmed that they don’t realize it’s time to make this change.

1 Like

you do not want to start telling your bosses that pays you to work not tell them what they have to or need to do or not do that is a good way for you to loose your job. What you can do is tell them when you see the child has a rash is that you have noticed that so and so has a rash and that the diaper was really wet and its causing the rash.

1 Like

I think that you should bring it up. It’s a viable concern. They need to change them.

1 Like

Just ask them if they would like you to start potty training, and that is there a different diaper they would like you to use because you notice that they tend to pee a lot in the morning!

7 Likes

So at that age they usually shouldn’t be peeing that much through the night because they don’t require night feedings. They’re either sending them to bed with bottles or aren’t changing them before they go to bed.

With that said, I would gently bring up to the parents the issues you’re noticing with the rashes. The parents may feel disrespected but honestly that’s not important, the children are. As a parent of two small children, I would want to know if there’s something I’m doing that could be causing issues with my children because I care more about their health and safety than my pride. Those kids are lucky they have you and so are the parents.

1 Like

Wow you must be an incredible nanny to be able to just know the exact amount of urine each child expels each night over how ever many hrs

Unless they are ignoring their rashes and letting them fester youre over stepping

3 Likes

two thoughts: this is only one side of the story, and I would prefer to see “discuss with the parents“ as opposed to “tell them“

1 Like

Baby bottles at 2.5 is weird

8 Likes

Honestly if the 2 of you (nannies) staggered start times it might be easier. One does 6-3 and the other do 8-5, suggest it to the parents so they have an extra helping hand first thing in the morning, that way you can change nappies in the morning, do breakfast instead of bottle. And basically show without telling them how to raise the babies properly. Then bath and dressed for the day.

8 Likes

No because if they are getting rashes and infections that’s negligent.

5 Likes

Bring it up respectfully by saying of the wellbeing of the kids tell em that ur concerns about the rashes and all , and if they don’t mind changing them as soon as they awake to dry them to avoid the rashes and because u care about them so deeply that’s why ur telling them coz they sound lazy and don’t care because they know u are there, but it sounds like ur heart is in the right place u putting their wellbeing n health first

1 Like

At 2 1/2 I would bring up that it’s time to potty train.

8 Likes

We’d have a talk about allowing that to be on them for 12 hours. Ridiculous.

Be nice have a conversation with the parents

Ask the parents to buy the pads to put in their diapers overnight to help with all the pee. They sell the on Amazon. Kids most likely are getting nighttime bottles and other liquids to close to bedtime.

2 Likes

I would as respectfully as you can tell them your concerns. If they are parents who care about their children they will do what’s best and start changing their diapers in the morning.

That is so sad. Suggest putting a good cream or ointment on them at bedtime. Maybe that will help with the rashes in between being changed. But yes, the kids should be changed right away in the mornings because of the rashes and infections. Also, at bathtime are they using lots of bubbles or products in the tub? I would cut back on that.

1 Like

Honestly, I would talk to the parents because if it really is 12 hours without a change, it’s negligence. If they took their kids to a center, they’d have already been turned in. Ignoring a diaper that needs changed to the point of it causing rashes is abuse. Combine that with the fact that they still give them bottles and 2 1/2 and it sounds like they haven’t even started potty training and it makes it sound like they expect you to do all the parenting for them. If they want that, they need a live-in nanny who will take care of the kids full time.

6 Likes

I get that everyone is concerned for the babies but also what about the parents.Has anyone had triplets and full time jobs?These are the first babies they have had and it’s triplets.Its hard waking up with 1 baby and they have 3.It could be that they are exhausted from working and raising triplets that now they are sleeping through the night they just let them sleep.They could be giving the babies bottles before they lay down which could cause the full diapers if they didn’t pee until after they were changed.Its hard raising 1 baby try having 3 at once plus both parents working and who knows they probably work more than 40 hours a week since they paying for 2 nannies and 3 babies plus bills.Seriously it’s not that easy and these are first time parents struggling and they getting judged instead of help.Try just suggesting things like when you were younger you got lots of rashes and your mom would do … Whatever it is you wanna say.Theres parents doing way worse at least these parents work and provide and have 2 nannies to watch their kids that’s alot of money but they have 2 so clearly they do care about safety and their kids being cared for.

15 Likes

Do they sleep through the night? My kids have occasionally slept 12 hours and had overly saturated diapers. Do they fall asleep easily? Mine always get changed if I wake up and notice they are over full.

Maybe talk about water in bottles for sleep? Less sugar on teeth and they eventually give it up when milk is in cups only

To be honest yes its wrong for you to tell the childrens parents how to parent their children.you may be their nanny but you are not the childrens parent. Do your job and dont poke your nose where it shouldnt be

6 Likes

An uncomfortable position you are in. I was a nanny also for many years. Sometimes the parents resent you speaking up to them or giving advice. Both of these situations are not good for the children’s health. They are too old for a bottle, and drinking milk just before getting into bed can cause cavities in their teeth. And of course the very wet diapers can also be bad, as you have noticed. Perhaps you could suggest that they consult their pediatrician, if they don’t listen to your advice. I am a grandmother now, and also notice things that aren’t being done correctly with my grandchildren at times. I try to give advice, but most of the time it is ignored. Guess they have to learn for themselves what is best for the child, as long as the child is not harmed.

Yes they should be changed right away as soon as they wake and before bed. Every 2hrs atleast. That is neglect.

1 Like

I’d report them that is neglect

3 Likes

As parents they themselves should know not to leave nappy like that … you are an
Awesome person …you should not have to tell them it’s common sense as a parent to know these things

3 Likes

Reading this reminded me of that scene in the movie The Help. So sad

6 Likes

I would have a talk with them about if they are ready to begin potty training the kids. You, the other nanny and the parents could all discuss getting them potty trained and how when potty training it’s good to make sure the kids don’t stay in dirty diapers… just find a way to casually bring it into the potty training talk

7 Likes

Y es do who else. Is. Going. To

2 Likes

I wouldn’t say anything if you value your job. Parents know. I might mention that they have a rash but would not comment on their parenting since they are paying you for that job

3 Likes

I’d ask them hey do you change them before the next bottle ?

I change my sons diapers as soon as we wake up.

In all fairness one of my sisters when little was changed every morning after waking up then given her bottle & not even an hour later her nappy would be super full like an overnight nappy, some kids just have heavy morning flows I guess :woman_shrugging::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Whether they are the type of parents who really just don’t want to parent, as you suggest could be possible, or whether they are actually good parents trying their best, they will not like the person they hire telling them they are doing a bad job. The worst thing in the world is to be told you are not a good parent. I think the best strategy is to ask them if they want you to start implementing potty training. If not, let it go and do the best you can. Don’t risk getting fired, especially if they really don’t care to be parents and you are the only one taking care of them.

3 Likes

No it’s not disrespectful you just have to find a way to say it. For example when they get a rash again or yeast infection, you can say “hey I’m noticing that they’re getting or have a rash again. I do my best to change their diapers and put rash cream on throughout the day, but if we can work together and make sure they get changed right away when they wake up, so they’re not in pain. Blah, blah, blah,” however you want to word it. But make them feel like a team with you and not a personal attack and always go back to the children’s well-being.

As far as the baby bottles go, I’m not sure how to address that. Maybe you can ween them off during the day? Idk.

4 Likes

I understand your concern because i was in same position BUT do your part let the parents do theirs because some parents get upset when others share opinions where their kids are concerned

1 Like

Try giving advice rather than telling them what to do. It might be better recieved.

2 Likes

Honestly I’d say something to them, I know there’s 3 babies so it would be hard, but between 2 parents surely they could change the triplets’ nappies at least once either during the night or first thing in the morning. As for the bottles unless the children are special needs children they shouldn’t still be having baby bottles of milk at 2.5 years old, that just sounds like lazy parenting, it’s more convenient for them to just hand them bottles than to feed them or give them a cup. I know some kids are just prone to nappy rash, I changed my daughter’s nappy during the day every 2 -3 hours unless she needed a change before that and atleast once or twice overnight and she still sometimes got a nappy rash, a good barrier cream can help reduce the chance of that happening and it takes 2 seconds to apply to a baby’s bottom and/or genitals to prevent or minimise rashes

1 Like

You should most DEFINITELY say something. It is very BAD to give kids milk in bottles (or anything) to sleep. At night, kids should only get water, or they will start experiencing tooth decay and need silver caps. Maybe talk to the parents about potty training. I found a book that seriously potty trains your child(ren) in just 3 days. I used it on my 15yr old son when he was 2, and he’s never had an accident.

5 Likes

This makes me sad! The diaper issue is neglect IMO and the milk bottles at bedtime will rot their teeth! Fortunately my daughter gave hers up easily on her first birthday! We started trying a cup a few months prior and it was an easy transition. I know this is NOT always the case but they are definitely too old.

2 Likes

I would look for an article about babies and yeast infections and how to to treat it. Or you could say you read something about the importance of getting him out of there wet diaper as soon as possible after they wake up

Rich people with 2 FT nannies. I’m guessing they think that’s your job, or can’t pay someone to do it so it’s just not happening. If you make them mad they will get another Nanny.

5 Likes

My last paycheck was $18087 working 20 hours a week online. My sisters friend has been averaging 15k for months now and she works about 20 hours a week. I can’t believe how easy it was once I tried it out.

For Details >>>> https://buildupprojob16.netlify.app/

2 Likes

Its not disrespectful. It can seem that way. But if some one is really trying their hardest but that’s one thing slips, she might just need a reminder. Since your there every morning it might be harder to remember. But 3 babies… I’d remember. Granted sometimes I pee before changing my boy in the am. But never that bad like you mentioned. If you speak up, it can lead to the possibility of getting fired. Some people are like that and cant take constructive criticism to better themselves.

3 Likes

I’m gonna be honest, they’re trifling a** parents. :woman_shrugging:t4: These aren’t infants where they’re still trying to figure things out. These kids are almost 3 years old. One had a yeast infection and the others have constantly had rashes in their diaper area. I’m sure if they took them to their pediatrician they were told how to TREAT AND PREVENT diaper rashes. So you can try to tell them in the nicest way possible but 9/10 they will be offended. From the sounds of it, they’re not even listening to the kids doctor. At 2 1/2 they really shouldn’t be drinking out of bottles anymore, it’s not good for their teeth.

5 Likes

As a professional nanny, do what’s best for triplets and forget about parents. Give these kids a bath as possible. Feed them breakfast and keep bottles at bay. Brush teeth after breakfast. Keep them as dry as you can throughout day. Keep in good favor with other nanny so you too can be on same page no undermining parent and try to quietly persuade parents potty train. Make them think it’s their idea.

20 Likes

If the kids are suffering it’s every adults responsibility to say or do something about it. Ignoring it is just joining in on the neglect/abuse and makes you just as bad as the parents. Kids can’t fight for themselves. If the parents get offended because you’re concerned at a regular occurrence that causes harm to the kids then they’re bad parents that care more about their pride then their children. 🤷

2 Likes

No bottle an the should be potty trained . Lort you’d think the doctors visits would enlighten them a bit . That’s ludicrous! Thankful they have you :heart:

3 Likes

If these babies are two and a half years old, why are they still drinking from baby bottles? Why are they not yet being potty trained? Why are they still sleeping in a crib? Are they verbal? Have they started walking yet? I don’t know how long you have been working for them, or what their situation is, but this sounds like abuse/neglect. They need some kind of wake up call. Talk to them. If they can’t, or won’t, do better, it may be time to get someone else involved…a pediatrician, a parent educator, a counselor, or maybe even social services.

7 Likes

Tell them, they hired you to care for them. This is caring for them!

5 Likes

They should be potty trained and off bottles completely. These
“Parents “ are doing what is easiest for them… shut them up by giving them bottles and keeping them in diapers!!!

2 Likes

How do you know they’re in 12 hr. old full diapers?

1 Like

Those kids need to be off bottles and switched over to pull ups with potty training started. Make sure they are learning to talk properly. Let the oarents kniw they need to start switching them over so they can go buy sippies and pull ups. Also,the kids need the rails taken off, if still in cribs, so can start going potty at night. Make these suggestions and see if anything changes.

2 Likes

At 2.5 yrs old they shouldn’t even have a friggin bottle. And yes u should say something 2 them asap

Tell them to change them

I dont know about the crib thing, are the parents leaving them on so the babies dont get outside or something? I would suggest talking to the parents and say “what do you think about us trying to start potty training” and then say, “maybe its time to transition to sippy cups, what do you think about trying that” and if you get resistence then do what you need to do for the childrens well being, whatever that maybe. How is your relationship with Mom? You should feel like it is good enough to talk to her.

3 Likes

That’s neglect so… you should say something

2 Likes

I would just talk and suggest diaper changes earlier, and going with sippy cups. Maybe leave an educational pamphlet somewhere in the house where they will see it that says ages when toddlers should be transitioned, etc.

YES YOU ARE A NANNY YOU ARE PAID TO DO A JOB SO DO IT. Maybe give a few pointers or suggestions but DON’T go overboard on them

3 Likes

Maybe offer to adjust shifts to come a little bit earlier and leave a little bit earlier to nannies for triplets seems a bit much maybe you could take the night shift or the other nanny

1 Like

if one has already been treated for a yeast rash, they have seen a doctor and have been told the kids should be changed frequently so they are not doing it and aren’t going to change now - sure there are three kids and it’s hard to keep up, but I bet they spend time on cell phones etc. and the kids needs are more important - but in the end, at 2.5 years old, they are past the age when some kids are already potty trained, these kids need potty training as quickly as possible and you can help them best by doing that - https://theeverydayenvironmentalist.com/yes-you-can-potty-train-a-one-year-old/

2 Likes

Bring up the topic of when they would want you to start potty training them. And use your time with them to teach them to use cups during lunch and snacks and such… if you have to buy them each a cup,Like those ones with the straws that you can tip like a bottle, then do it. Guessing your in these kids life for many many hours to help make that change. Send parent videos of these changes so parents can see the progress and use those cups and work on potty training as well as far as morning and night routines go.

1 Like

They aren’t doing it because they assume it’s “your job” and you’ll do when you start at 8.

Them having a nanny full time has made them ignorant of caring for their own children with no motivation to learn. You are basically the parent.

It’s not disrespectful to try talking to them about it. Try asking things like “children usually transition to “this” at this age. Would you like me to start trying those things with them”?

1 Like

Is there a way you could slip it to their doctor and have him/her talk to them??

1 Like

Omg as a mom this is so hardddd for me to understand but… they hired you basically to be them for whatever reason. (Not downing you at all some people have high demanding jobs or…) It is not only your job as second bonus mommy to make sure they are taken care when you are there but now it seems you need to step in when you are not there as well. I think unfortunately they are lacking the parental instinct that comes naturally so you need to step in and approach this carefully. Not condescending this is so hardd I wish I had better advice I want to say more like constructive criticism but crap these are babies. Definitely say something but be careful not only with what you say but how you say it. I dont wish to be in your spot good luck hunny. For the sake of them babies I hope it works out!

3 Likes

See something say something. There’s nothing wrong with voicing a concern, however, some people are very sensitive to when it comes to their children so just think how you’re going to approach. I’d set a timer for them on the sly in the triplet’s room. They have to get up so they should change them. So sad.

Depending on what you were hired to do etc and how long the parents are gone for typically this would be a nanny job to potty train etc if your there for majority of the day

1 Like

That may be neglect. When is the last diaper change? Is ot right before bed. Then maybe they need to do better diapers or pull ups. If not that is ridiculous. They need to change those babies before bed.
The bottle thing just suggest do sippys now. New parents and have triplets is crazy learning and work. They may just trying to do what works easiest with the kids and avoid melt downs.

1 Like

One of my babies is 2.5 and never would I give him a bottle past 12 months that is just awful for their teeth, transfer them as the nanny to munchkin 360 cups get the pack of three that are colorful and label each kids name on it and start transitioning them yourself and tell the parents you wanted to get them a “Easter gift” they’ll think it’s very sweet of you. As far as the diaper changes, just say to them, hey I think changing the kids every two hours is best and at night time since they sleep longer then that the first thing in the morning would be to change each diaper because it’ll prevent rashes and infections.

1 Like