Would it be weird to give my 3-year-old breastmilk?

Not weird at all! My 3 year old still breastfeeds and it has helped him so much with his health. If you are able to give milk to your child, do so.

Not weird atall!!when my son was born last year I had such a massive supply I was expressing so much that I was giving it too my two year old and he loved it!! He was breast fed up untill I was about 16 weeks pregnant so maybe that’s why? But even my health visitor said it was a great idea bo waste and both babys getting the nutrients they need! Xxx

1 Like

Yes Yes Yes And Yes! Breastmilk Is Perfectly Perfect No Matter What Age, I Mean It’s Human Milk For Humans!

I mean, sounds weird at first… but, the benefits that could come from it far outweigh the weird. If you don’t want the judgement, don’t tell people. It’s nobody’s business but yours what your child eats and drinks. If you’re cool with raising awareness on the topic, tell everyone. Preach it!

No not weird very good idea mom. Breast milk provides lot of vitamins. I’m 14 WEEKS N 4 days pregnant n i still breastfeed my 2 yr old daughter. She rarely gets sick. So I say “Yes do it mom!”

1 Like

I mean there are moms who are breastfeeding kids at age 6… on the noon still. Not pumping for a cup.
It won’t hurt anything, and breastmilk is so good for you. He may not like the taste now, so maybe mix it with some normal milk if you can do that?

Why not? Sounds like a really good idea to me, it certainly can’t hurt! Go for it!

I would! :relaxed: It’s so good for the immune system and it’s natural.

5 Likes

Give it if he will drink it. He may or may not like it!! But very good for his immune system.

Nancy Mallory Suarez

Totally fine! My 2.5 year old has been weaned since she was 14 months but took an interest in nursing after my twins were born… while I don’t let her nurse anymore I do offer breastmilk in a cup when I pump (when my smaller babe’s are too full from eating food) because as you said, daycare/preschool is a big old germ pool

I gave my daughter some mixed with chocolate milk powder when she was 4. She too had just started preschool and was so icky. I gave it to her cold and she couldn’t tell the difference :woman_shrugging:t2:

I second all these answers!!

2 Likes

Husband doesn’t know ANYTHING about breast milk then!! Mama milk is magic no matter how old your little one is. This is a great idea! Do it!

This is why I homeschool. Every single person I know who sends their children to daycare or elementary school have illnesses back to back till about March and the illnesses start to go away. Sending positive vibes your way. Breastmilk can fix just about anything!

Breast milk is good at any age. Some mothers feed breast milk as long as they can produce it and when they had children back to back the older ones shared the milk. So I dont see why not give him the natural milk.

Not weird at all. Go for it.

Do what YOU think is best, it’s your babies

Oh hell yeah ! I even offered my sister in law breastmilk for my niece because she has weight gain issues. That shit not only has antibodies but body builders buy it at a dollar an ounce to make gains !

Go for it … nothing wrong with it at all… it’s just like giving him any other milk … Yours is better for him anyway…

Nothin wrong with it in a sippy cup…

Do it!! Antibodies galore :raised_hands:t4::raised_hands:t4:

No, not weird at all. My oldest was 3 when my youngest was born and kept saying he wanted to try some of mommy’s milk too. So, I pumped some and gave it to him in a cup. He thought it was nasty. So that was that. Lol! Doesn’t hurt yo try it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Definitely not weird! I gave my breastmilk to my sister in law for nephew who is 5 years old because he had pink eye, we put it right on his eye and it was cleared up in less than 24 hours! If you know you can help someone or your child with what your body makes don’t limit yourself because of what someone else thinks.

Not at all! It’s normal! Like all these ladies have stated, there are women who breastfeed for long periods of time. Even without this, if you do some research there are a lot of people including major league professional athletes that pay A LOT of money to get their hands on breast milk because it’s soooo good for you. So tell you husband that whoever his favorite athlete is probably drinking breast milk :joy::joy:

I think this is a brilliant idea! How lucky your son will be to get more of the perfect food. Make sure you kiss his face lots to pick up any pathogens (germs) he may be in contact with. This will cause u to make anti bodies for him and baby! If he gets sick, he’ll be less sick and if baby is exposed, baby will not get as sick either. Great idea, mama!

Nope. Wouldn’t even be weird to me if he actually nursed again. Children are meant to nurse until their milk teeth fall out around the age of 7, in all parts of the world, aside from America. Unfortunately.

1 Like

I say go for it. Im still nursing my 17 month old and when my hubby gets sick I give him a couple ozs and he kicks whatever sickness he has with a quickness.

Not werid. I’d do the same thing but the well ran dry so I gave up on pumping. Otherwise I would be giving it to my son (18m) in a cup

There is an age that it does and looks a little strange for breast feeding. Don’t be that weirdo.

Some people breastfeed 6yr olds :woman_shrugging: it’s your child and it helps them

1 Like

Mix with normal cow’s milk so he doesn’t taste the difference would be my advice. He wont even know :wink::+1:

2 Likes

Why have i not considered this until now?! 2.5 year old sicko and nursing 6 month old.

Not wierd at all :slight_smile: go for it xxx