Would it be weird to have a wedding after 30 years?

Lord no, go for it and do it big!!! My in laws had a court house wedding and renewed their wedding vows 38 years later! They actually had a triple ceremony and her two sisters renewed their vows at the same time! They had an Amish couple bring in a horse drawn carriage, and arrived to the shelter to the tune of “going to the chapel”!

1 Like

I feel like renewing your vows in a big wedding ceremony is almost more special than a huge wedding ceremony at the beginning of your marriage because there’s so much behind it and you’re kind of saying to each other even after all this time and all the trials and tribulations of life we still love each other and are committed to each other.

3 Likes

Do it. It’s just renewing your vows. Lots of folks do it.

Do what your heart tells you to do. It’s your life

It’s your day do what makes you happy

Hell yes have the wedding and dress of your dreams!

No weird at all. Most people call it a vowel renewal.

Do it if that’s what you want. IT’S your life.

1 Like

Do it, it is your life and you deserve it!

Go for it my kids done it

Go for it!!! Y’all deserve the celebration :heart:

Go for it if that’s what you want

DO IT!!! Man we only get one run at life so make it amazing! If you want to, than do it…and make it every thing!!! Then come back and post all the pics!
Congratulations btw! Marriage is no joke :kissing_heart:

2 Likes

I been married for 12 years and now Im asking for a church wedding. Just do it!!!

Never to late!! After 30 years…that is so special!!!

Would be soooo perfect! Go for it! Make great memories…. Congratulations in advance!

We renewed our vows on our 30th. It was really nice & made more memories!

Go for it. If that’s what you wish to do, do it. Not weird nor crazy!

Congratulations ⚘⚘
Love it⚘go for it :heart::sunflower:
u both deserve it

Cute idea. Enjoy life sounds like a romantic and fun time for you both.

Do it on your anniversary

No not really,alot of people couldn’t afford a big wedding the first time and just went to the Justice of the Peace some just to renew their vows.

I say do it. It is not weird at all. My sister got married at their 20th anniversary and it was unlike any other wedding. Way more special and true words were spoken in the songs they chose. Nice reunion as well for those that had not seen one another in along time, like 20 years!! lol

2 Likes

Do whatever makes you happy.

When my parents were married 40 years we planned a vow renewal for them since they didn’t have a real wedding either… it was so special…

Do it!!! Congratulations!!!

1 Like

Do what ever makes you happy.

Go for it,if you both agree.it would be a renewal of your vows.

1 Like

Follow your hearts desire! You only live once. Enjoy!

1 Like

Absolutely not! Have your dream wedding.

1 Like

Great way to celebrate your anniversary! Vow renewal is a fabulous idea! :heart:

1 Like

Go for it. Let the bells ring. Many more happy yrs.

1 Like

Do renewing of your vows .do it the way you both want

Do a vow renewal!! You can still go all out.

2 Likes

Love that idea! Yes do the wedding.

Absolutely… go renew your boss and celebrate all over again! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We eloped. On our 20th anniversary we renewed our vows with a big wedding and reception. Our 4 children were part of the wedding party. It was wonderful. Even went to Maui for our “honeymoon.”
Our 36th is coming up in September.
I say go for it.

If you want a wedding do it. My hubby and eloped to Nevada. We were going to renew our vows on our thirty year anniversary. Sadly he passed away a year n a half ago.this year would have been our 30th.we were going to have a big party with family. Instead we had a memorial

1 Like

This was our story, been married 30 years, never had an actual wedding, only at the courthouse and was pregnant had baby and then got married at courthouse.
My husband after 30 years asked my dad for my hand in marriage and for my dad to walk me down the aisle.
All of his planning and I was surprised the morning of our ceremony with an itinerary and times to be at hair and makeup and to get to the ceremony
My children all helped their dad surprise me.
They are 31,28, 12 and 10.
Was the best surprise ever and the best day ever!!!
Go for it and congratulations for the 30 year mark, not many couples make it that far along in a relationship

1 Like

I don’t know you, but I would be personally upset if you didn’t! I think it’s a great idea :heart:

1 Like

Me and my husband got married again on our 40 th wedding anniversary had a lovely day beautiful

1 Like

I would that is the best reason to have a wedding after 32 yrs together have the wedding of your dreams.

1 Like

Not at all!! Do it!!

Go for it​:purple_heart: i think that is a lovely idea.:two_hearts: all the best :pray:

Keep it small few friends and family. Enjoy

Aw yes do have your dream wedding it’s a great way to celebrate hope you do have your wonderful day x

No I think that’s beautiful and if you have a son let him walk you down the aisle to your husband I’ve been with my husband for more than thirty years too and we only had a court wedding also we haven’t gotten married in the church yet either so I think this would be wonderful for you and beautiful and it would make it more special if your son can walk you down the aisle and give give you to your husband

That would be so sweet :slight_smile:

Do It & Congratulations

Do it! You deserve it💜

Sure why not. Especially if you never had that wedding.

Do it! That sounds amazing and so sweet. Congratulations also on 30 years of marriage.

Celebrate your years together with a Renewing of your wedding vows and then have a great big reception for friends and family.

Do it. People have vow renewal ceremonies all the time.

Have a “we still do” vow renewal! Definitely not weird to have a wedding!!

1 Like

Definitely!! People do it all the time, “Renewing your vows”

My parents had a weeding ceremony to renew vows at 25 years of marriage. It was nice all kids got to see and grand kids

Heck no do it have the wedding you wanted

It would be funtastic!

No that would be awesome…

Do it because honestly you would be renewing your vows to each other

Do what makes you happy

I don’t think it would be crazy at all!

Of course, you should have a wedding. Look at it as vow renewal, but this time with all the bells and whistles. Even if you just have an intimate ceremony with just your kids, why not? Don’t you deserve it?

1 Like

Time to renew your vows anywhere so have a big one!!! Go for it momma!!

3 Likes

Go for it What a great accomplishment You can also suggest no gifts but donations to your favorite charity

1 Like

That would be beautiful

1 Like

Do it!!! I think it would be an amazing wedding anniversary gift!!!

1 Like

It’s the right thing to do go for it do it and you will be so glad you did

1 Like

I think it’s a great idea!

1 Like

Go for it! I think it would be awesome! It would be like WE MADE IT !

1 Like

It’s your anniversary do what you want !

1 Like

I think that would be Wonderful!!

1 Like

go for it. sounds good to me

1 Like

Do it…A very sweet and beautiful thing to do.

2 Likes

That would be beautiful!

Renew your vows, consider who you really want there and consider a destination wedding. On the Beach or in a cozy little chapel. You could do so many different ways. make sure the people who you are closest to after all this time are there. Happy Anniversary to the beautiful Bride and Lucky Groom.

2 Likes

A lot of people do vow renewals, not weird at all.
Best Wishes.

Have the wedding y’all always wanted ! Invite family and friends and enjoy ! You will never regret this !

Yes yes yes. You deserve it!

1 Like

No it wouldn’t be weird at all. Go for it.

1 Like

I think you do you! Don’t worry about what anyone else thinks :heart:. Of this is something you truly want, you should do it!

Go for it. I think it is a great idea

Absolutely not weird at all! Do it it would be a recommitment ceremony :heart: it’s a great idea!

Do it!! Could be a renewal of your vows!!

Do whatever makes you happy. Plan the wedding you always dreamed of.

1 Like

Nope not crazy at all go for it .

1 Like

Sounds great to me I’m 69 if anything celebrate if anything that u have been together that long most people these days don’t last that long think people who know u both and ur children would be blessed to see u get married and celebrate the love and years together !!!

Yes yes,yes! it is never too late.so much to celebrate.

1 Like

GO FOR IT :clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3::clap:t3: you can renew your vows ! Such a great idea, then you can have the wedding you way!

Doooo itt!!!
Hubs and I just celebrated our 11 year on the 17th…
I was pregnant and in labor when we got married…I so wanted something different! So probably at our 15 year we are going to do…a big vow renewal

I say do it!! You both deserve it!! :heart:

My husband and I renewed our vows on our 20 th anniversary…wish we would have done on our 50th too…

Not at all! We had a civil ceremony bc I was pregnant and after saving and planning for several years we had a wedding ceremony. I loved my wedding! My civil ceremony was a joke. We don’t talk about it, but we do acknowledge the anniversary. However, in order to avoid extra dates to remember, we stuck with 2 like everyone else and held our wedding on the 6 yr anniversary of the day we got together. So we have our marriage anniversary 3/16/09 and our wedding/day we met anniversary 6/3/06&12 (2 different years, but whatever, lol).

2 Likes

Go for it! Renew your vows and have the ceremony you always wanted.

2 Likes

Do what makes YOU happy and enjoy your life!!

Not at all. 30 years is a good landmark for a recommitment ceremony. Heck I was going to do it five years after my courthouse wedding so 30 years is definitely a cause to celebrate. Congratulations!

3 Likes

Awww a renewal of vows would be wonderful for 30th anniversary.:heart:

Go for it and plan the wedding of your dreams x time and age make absolutely no difference xx

Not at all!!! Just call it a vow renewal and have all the things you ever wanted that you didnt get.