Would it be wrong to go on a trip with my child without my husband?

Do it! Kids need special time to connect with mom!!

2 Likes

Go on your trip and enjoy yourself and son

2 Likes

If your husband is step dad. Isn’t his decision

It’s your privilege to enjoy amusements with your children because you are the mommy :heart:
No worries, your husband will have guys to watch ball games😊

Your husband may totally support the idea.

No. I took my daughters many times

We’ve done it before, nothing to be worried about. Enjoy!

1 Like

Your husband should understand. Who knows hubbby may enjoy his own time

Go right ahead you child’s mental health is important

If your gonna be a Family then be together as a Family.

Communication with your husband is the key, not with the fb ppl!

2 Likes

Ask him…seems like a lovely idea to me.

It’s precious time well spent. Don’t hesitate.

No, go for it we all need time out.

1 Like

Talk this over with your husband. Ladies have down time with their daughters, so why not.

Absolutely nothing wrong with it

I make my husband go away with him

Nope
You’re not wrong.

Not at all. And your husband should accept it.:+1:t2::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

We never travel without each other or without our kids, but if that is your decision, do what you feel is best for your family.

No not unless youre regularly leaving him out. One on one is important in relationships

No, So fun for you and child. like no sharing

No it’s not wrong. I had 2 children. My husband would take our so and and I would take my daughter and go Vice versa.

He would probably love it

Not at all wrong. Do it.

No you are not wrong. Do it.

No. Its fine. If your husband objects. He has a petty jealousy problem and might be an unfit step dad. Not St Joseph material. Some blended family parenting classes and a grown man’s self examination. For your son’s sake. A jealous stepdad can be so damaging.

No…you and boy GO. He needs it as much as you. AND, if your husband doesn’t understand, it says a lot about your husband…

Your husband will or should be very understanding is this area,I say go for it.

Why would he be upset?

No, you should be able to

NOPE!

JUST DO IT​:heavy_heart_exclamation::heavy_heart_exclamation:
Your child will LOVE YOU & THANK YOU for it!! :grin::grin:

No. And in fact it’s quite healthy for all 3 of you.

No, just go on the trip.

Agree. Why would you even ask!

No I did it for 20 yrs

I think it’s a wonderful idea!

No. Have a good time!!!

Go for it. No permission required

I have. No big deal.

Why at night just take it out all day. It’s the same hours

If you have to ask FB then you have more problems than you will admit to

Of course not , go and enjoy

I think its a great idea

2 Likes

No. That should be fine.

2 Likes

No. Not wrong at all. This is your bonding time with your son.

No its good for all of you! You get bonding time and he gets a night to relax win win

I did it when my son was about 16 (28 now). Things were a bit tense between he and step-dad and we both needed the time to just be mom and son again. We did what we wanted, when we wanted just like it was before step-dad joined the family. It was so much fun! It was also needed because the 2 of us had never been on vacation just us before. As a single parent just didn’t have the money. So very happy we got to spend that time together. (They both get along great now)

If you think he’d be upset after you explain that you wanna spend quality time w your son you might have other issues.

2 Likes

Do it all them time! stepdad or not.

Talk to your husband about it. Do couples not know how to communicate with eachother anymore?

Nope my boyfriend does it all the time with his kids :slight_smile:

Talk to him, I’m sure he will understand and be fine with it, he’d probably enjoy a day to himself as well

Hell no that is your child and if you feel that the trip is what is needed he will just need to accept it. What on earth does your husband think is going happen. Makes me wonder why thr husband does not want them together overnight.

Dude DO IT. Kids need that one on one time so badly. It’s so good for you.

2 Likes

Nope. I do mother - daughter days with my 10 year old. We do a movie and lunch together.

Not at all, he should understand that. Don’t be afraid to talk to him about it so that it is an understanding rather then assumption. Feelings shouldn’t be hurt then.

1 Like

My husband & family always go on road trips & vacations together and enjoy the time .

Once a month I take each of my children out seperately to do something with just them. We plan a whole date it could be a day thing or an overnight trip, what’s important is it gives each of us the ability to bond and connect. I am proud to say that one of my 18 year olds biggest fears of going off to college is missing our dates. I believe starting these when he was little is what helped contribute to his ability to honestly communicate with me, even his friends are shocked at some of the stuff he tells me.

There is nothing wrong with mom/son or daughter dates they are an excellent way to bond and open communication. Ur husband shouldn’t have an issue with this and he should be encouraged to do the same thing!! The bond u create with ur child while they r in the house will last a lifetime

No, he might enjoy it! Your husband that is🤷‍♀️

Nope. I already booked a mom and me trip for my 8 year old to Disney this Nov. She definitely needed it and so do I

Your child will always remember the trip you two took together. It’s important to have one on one time.

1 Like

Not at all. Great time to bond with each other. I used to love trips to Moab with my mom when I was little.

I went to TX with my mom and sister and her son. 2 1/2 to see family I was pregnant and our daught was 3 1/2 yrs old…no hubands…we all had the best time. :heart_eyes:

Nope! Mom and child time ( dad and child time too) is so important and fun

I take trips all the time with my kids🤷🏽‍♀️ I’m waiting for my youngest to get bigger to be able to travel to other countries

Absolutely not!! Go!

Not at all. I’ve taken a weekend trip with my Son without my partner ( My Sons Stepdad).They have outings and time alone too without me

Not wrong at all. I spend time with my daughter now 17 like this and my husband ( her stepdad) does the same also we do this with our oldest which is my bonus daughter. It is nice bonding time for all of us.

No you are not wrong , but if hubby upset I would see as a sign that he loves your boy as his own and he may feel left out . I would recommend to him that they gave father son night too . Make it a yearly tradition .

1 Like

I have three boys. Each month I take each of them on a separate mommy-son outing. Sometimes they are local and sometimes they are overnight.

1 Like

Absolutely not! You take that baby and go on vacation together! There’s nothing wrong with momma and baby going on vacation just the two of them. Y’all have a wonderful time. And if hubs doesn’t understand that, throw him in the trash bin

No you not wrong just have a talk with your husband communication is the key to any relationship

1 Like

Not at all you go for it and enjoy some quality time together x

No. Cuz 1) you don’t need to ask him for permission. (Unless he adopted him with his last name) he’s your child. And he’s only a step parent who was there when he needed a father figure in his life.

That’s not wrong. It’s a bonding experience for you and your child. Just like if he wanted to take a trip without you. It’s for them to bond. Speak with your husband and explain it just like you did to us. And also suggest that they do something just the two of them as well.

1 Like

My mom and I went to Disney world without my father. And a cruise to Bermuda. Hubby will be fine.

I take all 3 of my kids on trips without my husband. He’s usually working, and I plan trips with my friends who also have kids. We’ve been to amusement parks, the beach, and children’s museums.

1 Like

Dooo iittttt!! Nothing wrong with it!!! Mother daughter time is the best he will understand :innocent:

When I was 4 or 5 my mom and I went on a camping trip by ourselves leaving my dad and brother it was a very special trip. I dont remember much other than having mom to myself. 43 years later I think it would be nice to do something like that again.

No, that’s an amazing idea. :heartpulse:

No not at all . Me and the kids take a trip once a yr without my husband .

Nope not at all! I’ve gone on trips with my kids without their father

Nobody makes rules for a mother and child. It’s not like you are going alone somewhere? This isn’t even good question! Enjoy your time with your children… They come first…

Nope. Tell him you need some one on one time with your kid. I did this all the time with my kids.

My mom and grandma and I used to do girl trips, and my mom and I used to go downtown chicago before Christmas every year to stay in a hotel, Christmas shop and go to restaurants for a weekend.

Has step father expressed less than avid thoughts on such a notion or displayed discomfort with affectionate duet of shared memories?

Do it all the time. mine likes the quiet time :sweat_smile:

No. Its very healthy for all

I know a lady who has twins and they take a lot of family trips. Sometimes altogether and a lot of times they split up and one boy goes with mom and one with dad and then they switch. They do this with vacations and just family outing days. They want the boys to feel like individuals even though they’re twins. They do big family vacations two or three times a year together, 2 week trips. Then shorter trips, few days individually.

You going to be salty when you get back and he’s been out with the boys and not done a thing on his “ list” :rofl::joy::rofl::joy:

1 Like

Nothing wrong with that. If it’s feasible to do it, it’s actually recommended by pediatric and psychology professionals with regard to maintaining trust and a healthy communication with your child

No that’s awesome I get bonding time when my son’s stepdad goes to work for 2 weeks or s few days ( oilfields) I love it totally encourage it too❤️

I’ve done that since they were little. I took my youngest to Florida when he was 9 months. Me and my step son would go on camping trips ever since he was a little guy. It’s incredible bonding time.

I wouldn’t feel bad. It’s important for kids to have those experiences:)

Not wrong at all. When I was a teenager, my mom took my sister and I on an overnight trip, just us three girls. I’ve taken my kids on day trips and not invited my husband. Heck I even took my husbands kids on vacation alone when they were little! I say talk to him and go for it! It’ll be nice bonding time for you two and a quiet break for your husband, I say it’s a win win

Nope. They need to.feel.that connection to you and be reminded they are still your priority. Even of it’s a great relationship.betwwen stepdad.and kids it’s still hard on them so don’t, reconnect as often as you feel it is necessary. If the husband doesn’t get it, he needs to reevaluate.

1 Like

oh my gosh…I travel all the time with my daughter and we leave dad at home.lol. He loves the quiet time I think

My adult son takes me on a yearly shopping trip out of state. It is a wonderful time!!! My husband always makes arrangements for a limousine back and forth to airport! Fresh flowers upon my return‼️ I have been blessed, two wonderful loving men in my life.

1 Like

Not sure how long you’ve been married…assuming not forever bc most spouses…husbands or wives… like to hear they get some time to themselves. Pretty sure he will tell you to have fun :+1::blush:

1 Like