Would it be wrong to go on a trip with my child without my husband?

Not wrong at all, I’m sure there are times it’s just you and your spouse. Needing a little time with your kid is okay and important

I have mommy daughter dates all the time with my child! Nothing wrong with wanting time alone with your child! :heart:

I think it is healthy to have one on one time with your child. It helps to keep that bond strong.

That how I feel about take my kids to the fair to ride the rides he really doesn’t want to go and my kids haven’t want in few years I am about to take them my self dont care what he says but I need help with all the kids

No, it’ not wrong of you to want some bonding time. Perhaps talk to your hubby about it and explain everything. Then, also suggest another outing you all can take later, but want to do this just with your child. There’s nothing wrong with your request and if they’re kind and loving, they’ll understand.

1 Like

Not wrong but something that should become an annual event. Your husband should probably do the same.

1 Like

I don’t think it anything wrong with mother and child bonding I been married for many years leaving my husband home this July for two weeks with my relative

No you are not wrong every mother should spend time with their child with no one else around it’s a bonding thing it’s a trust thing it’s a happy time for that child you need to make them feel special and closer so no just you and your child going on vacation does not or shouldn’t be a problem good luck

No it aint a problem. Theres times where i wanna just hang with my mom and not my dad. But idk how that helps coming from 19 year old

2 Likes

I’m always taking my kids one on one get always and my husband also does the same. ( we have two together and my daughter he raised)

Dad or Stepdad please take a trip with your child. It’s the best. My 27 year old son & I are going on a trip together towmarro. I’m looking forward to talking with him.

Not at all! We all took trips, I took trips with our 2 daughters, my husband with our son, me with our son, my husband with our daughters. All about memories!!

No not wrong …you shouldnt feel bad about it…just talk to ur husband about. Im sure he would do the same if he was in that circumstance

My son and I always have dinner dates I’m single now but my mum also does stuff with him too and because his dad’s not really in the picture my step dad stepped up and does the boy stuff like skate park i think it’s important for bonding wouldn’t hurt if your hubby has a day with him too fishing or whatever they into

1 Like

I don’t think an overnight is really called for. I think a date night would be more fun. Depends on age and activities.

Take the trip. My dad and I went on a trip together one year to see a concert. My mom and siblings didn’t care. If you feel it’s necessary then take the trip to bound

We have 2 boys ages 6 & 8. We have always since toddlers do DATES, dad date, mom date. It’s when our kids get just one on one time with one of us, all focus on them for earning or deserving something, they earn a date. They strive for those dates as they can choose anything they want to do. Dinner, breakfast, lunch, golfing, swimming, biking, hiking, literally anything they choose. My husband & our 8yr old son went up to a military base for his 8th birthday he asked for a dad date to drive to go on a base to shop at stores, hang out! They were gone 9hrs, all day roadtrip about 3 hrs each way. He loved it. Making time for one child or one person at a time is best to let them know they matter and are important! Go on a little trip!

The fact that your asking strangers what you should do is unsettling. You do what is best for the child…

The child deserves one on one. The husband should understand.

Your child your choice I don’t think there is anything wrong with wanting to spend quality time with you and your child x

It’s not only perfectly fine but it’s a great time for you and your child to have bonding time every once in awhile

Not if it’s a night and he knows where your going

I just sent my husband and daughter to Chicago (we live in Fl) because our son graduated from the Navy 7/1/21. My husband and daughter were there no 7/2/21! Your husband knew you were a package deal when he married you!!!

I used to take my kids out on daytrips etc… just me and them all the time it’s nice to have time just you and your children

You go. Never question spending time with your kids.

You already know the answer so why ask us. If he doesn’t like it he’s too controling.

Is that not a normal thing to do???

1 Like

No you are not wrong. If someone else says your wrong they are being a child.

Kids need it as much as u do! Go have fun. Explain to ur spouse what u need, I pray he is understanding! If not tell him to put his big boy panties on lol. Oh and bring him back a surprise and a happy wife and child.

I don’t see why it should be a problem.

No! Your child comes first!

Don’t understand why you would ask. It’s normal to have time together

NO, it’s NOT wrong. Bonding with ur children is VERY important. GO on that trip.

A over night trip??? No, nothing wrong with it…

Why would you even question it? Go! Bond! Have fum!

Are you kidding? What could possible be wrong?

Why the need to ask get the stepping.

Great bonding idea, go for it.

Honour your intuition. All relationships need one on one time.

I think it is a great idea. Enjoy!

You are not wrong. Do it. Your husband should understand

Go on the trip! Enjoy your time your with your son.

If he is upset by that, you need to rethink your relationship

Mom and me time is normal.

You should be able to talk to your husband

No do it. I’ve done it with my kids

he wouldn’t be much of a man if he didn’t understand

No, go with your son and have a great time.

Can he take the boy alone also?

Go, have fun you both deserve it!

Not wrong
Dads should understand
Unless he’s selfish

Kids need that time with mom

No you are not wrong!

Do it. I think it’s great

No, it’s perfectly fine

No you are not wrong

No! Go for it and enjoy!

No you are not wrong

Go for it sounds like fun.

Of course take your kid and go.

no need to ask when your mind already answered the question.