Would you be okay with another woman bringing your husband dinner?

It seems like she’s just a really thoughtful lady. I wouldn’t worry.

I definitely don’t see this as threat… especially since I am starting to send my fiance goodies and his crew chief. :joy:
I don’t want his crew chief, I just don’t want him to miss out on some good food either. :sweat_smile::heart:

I feed my husband and his soldiers sometimes when they’re stuck on 24 hour staff duty. Cooked a whole pot of gumbo and deer sausage last time. Fed all four of them. I love to cook and I know a lot of the younger soldiers don’t get good, home-cooked meals often. Definitely don’t have a thing for any of them except my husband. :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

My southern mama instilled in me a need to feed everyone and everything. :woman_shrugging:t2::rofl: I wouldn’t look too into it, definitely sounds like she’s just being motherly tbh.

4 Likes

My dads a farmer and has meals made all the time from other farmers wives. When it’s my moms turn, she makes meals for every farmer out in the field that day and has to drive around to drop them off. Sounds like youre overdue for a turn.:woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Can you give her my number? Never say no to homemade Mexican food!

7 Likes

Well as long as your husband keeps the boundaries in place then enjoy the food!

1 Like

She is being nice. She sees that there is another person working, so she doesn’t want to bring food just for her son and leave someone out. So there is 2 people working, she brings food for both of the people. It isn’t rocket science:/

2 Likes

I see nothing wrong with it, it would be a bit rude to bring a nice homemade meal to one person and not the other.

It depends. For some people its a cultural thing. They feed other people. Its big in Asian and Hispanic cultures to take care of other people

6 Likes

If you trust your husband there shouldn’t be an issue. It sounds like she enjoys cooking and making ppl happy. Give her that

Hell yeah I’d let someone else cook my husband meals. Then I’d know he’s actually eating good cus I’m a bad cook. :joy:

5 Likes

Mexicans feed people! Lots of food. Almost like Italians.

6 Likes

I’d leave it alone.Shes a mom.I some days bring my husband and his one coworker dinner and his coworker,is married.His wife doesnt seem to mind at all and said,thank you.

2 Likes

Are you feeding him? :joy:
I would say it’s just culture.
Enjoy it :heart:

3 Likes

Yes!!! Feed him, the more she cooks the less i have too​:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

You should thank her, she’s taking work off your plate.

2 Likes

Yuri V. Martinez what do you think :thought_balloon:

Depends. A lot of Hispanic women are just like that. They love to feed ppl.

3 Likes

Have you seen this woman? Is she insanely attractive or flirtatious? I mean this could be an elderly woman or someone your husband would not even find attractive if you weren’t in the picture. I say creep her Facebook and find out more about her and go from there. Yes I am a crazy jealous woman lol

2 Likes

Put your insecurities away or better yet get your äss in the kitchen and bring them food if so concerned :woman_shrugging:

If she does and he eats it it will be the last one he ate and I feel TheSame if the situation was reversed

Yes…and say Thank you Dear!! She’s doing me a favor… I owe her

I doubt she has any ill intent. She’s just being motherly. My mom is like that, always trying to feed everyone. A lot of women are that way. If her child/children are grown she doesn’t have anyone at home to cook for and a lot of women are so used to cooking for a family they don’t know how to scale it back when their kids are out of the home and still end up cooking way too much food.

3 Likes

A lot of the time in a Mexican household it’s how they are raised. To take care of others in every way. It’s the woman’s position in the household to do these things. Making full course meals at every meal usually and always have extras. I wouldn’t let it both me especially if you are eating them :joy:. I’d just enjoy the home cooked real Mexican food vs Tex mex food in the restaurants.

7 Likes

I get your feelings, and if it were just your husband I’d be concerned but she seems to be just including him with her son

1 Like

For this specific situation, I wouldn’t mind honestly even if I wasn’t getting to eat it I think she’s just grateful for your husband working with her son.

2 Likes

So if she brings him dessert that’s the cut off? Get real, how would he feel if a man brought you stuff to work?

I would thank her and maybe take turns of sending dinners since it’s just the two of them.
Me I would be asking for a extra plate. Homemade Mexican food is absolutely my favorite. :yum:

I think your husband got semi-adopted by a Mexican lady :sweat_smile: She probably doesn’t want him feeling left out or, if she saw that he didn’t have dinner, she probably said uh-uh unacceptable :joy: I’m sure her son told her that your husband wasn’t eating the food too which is why the plating got prettier and prettier. Like trying to make it more appetizing so he will eat it? I’m convinced she’s just trying to feed him; nothing to worry over :innocent:

15 Likes

It really depends… I think you should meet said woman one day when she is dropping off the food and thank her and see how her reaction is to meeting you…

3 Likes

They always say never let man out of the house with a empty stomach and a full sack cause they say a woman will always fufill his needs

1 Like

I’d only be mad if he actually ate them. My husband doesn’t eat anything I cook (the world’s pickiest eater, idk how he’s still alive), so him eating someone else’s dinners would be a sign of trouble.

When my man was out In the fields sometimes I’d bring him food and the rest of the guys he worked with.

my wife boxes up our left overs and gives it to my buddies. save fridge space and the eat it so I don’t see any harm in it. hell we even fed the maintenance man that was at our air b&b because we had extra and he was working around lunch time. it’s not a secret dont worry about it. imo

1 Like

I wouldn’t… it sounds like her son is close to your husband and she is probably grateful for someone being a good influence on her son and you said Mexican food so I am assuming she is Hispanic which is part of their culture they feed everyone and it’s amazing food. My ex husband had a co worker whose wife would bring tamales for him and acouple other people everyday at work just to make sure everyone had something homemade to eat

4 Likes

If she cooks get her into a polly relationship

1 Like

Honestly, I do the same for my kids friends…it’s a cultural thing.

I’d just say bon appetit.

One of my husband’s employees works at a Chinese restaurant part-time and brings him dinner almost every day less i have to cook!!!

1 Like

I was like hell no until I read Mexican food. They make A LOT of food and share with everyone. In my experience.

4 Likes

I think it seems innocent enough.

1 Like

As long as he comes home to eat !! Who cares hahah ! Let the women feel accomplished she isn’t doing anything wrong

Shit. Who is she? She can make my husband meals if your ending it.

I think it’s a nice gesture. Maybe her son speaks highly of your husband so that’s her way of thanking him.

5 Likes

if she’s Mexican they tend to feed everyone…i dont see any ill will…especially if she is making a plate for her son and bringing hubs one…now, if she was just bringing hubs a plate…id be concerned.

7 Likes

In some cultures if you feed 1, you feed them all… it’s harmless

8 Likes

If shes just making him a plate of what she brings her son, dont worry. Sounds like she is just being nice. If she starts making it " special" then that would be a red flag. Also, if she is Mexican or Hispanic , I wouldn’t worry too much. In their culture everything revolves around food and family. They make a TON of food and love to feed people.

7 Likes

If she is Mexican, let it be. It’s the culture. It’s a respect thing.

8 Likes

She’s Mexican, I wouldn’t think of anything. I know plenty of Mexican people and go to many Mexican restaurants and they are big in feeding others because they cook so much. It’s a cultural/respect thing and nothing more. Hey, less you have to cook lol. Enjoy that Mexican food. As a Puerto Rican myself, we do the same thing just not as much as Mexican culture. We just love giving food!

3 Likes

Ohhhh, Mexicans loveeeee sharing their food and they always cook a lot. You have nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

Mexican people always feed everyone. I don’t think it’s anything more than just bringing him food.

I always cook way too much and if I had someone that would eat the leftovers instead of them being waisted I always shared. It could just make her feel good.

2 Likes

Girl. Just eat the food and stop.

5 Likes

Just being thoughtful and sharing. Many cultures will do that. Why don’t you make a dish for your husband and another dish for her son. That would be nice.

5 Likes

When I was with my ex husband. He worked at a factory(before we got married) he always bragged on my home cooked meals. His coworkers always enjoyed the smell and looks of it. He got some many compliments on the food. So I started making alot extra for his line crew to eat as well. Some were married and some were single. Regardless it was a nice gesture I did. I saw no harm. I don’t know you guys to say if it is harmless or not. But I do feel like she is doing it out of the kindness of her heart bc her son thinks alot of your husband.

3 Likes

As soon as you said Mexican I laughed. It’s Spanish culture and if she finds out he isn’t eating it she’s gonna kill him :joy::joy::joy:

20 Likes

Sorry Mexicans are like Italians, they feed everyone.

11 Likes

Ops… from someone who does this I hope I’ve never made this thought in the back of someones mind!!! We call them “aunties” (first nations) because we act like everyone’s moms lol If this was me giving the food or whatever I probably would think of me as his mom figure :rofl: I make my husbands work buddies food all the time and they all fight over the left overs at lunch :blue_heart:

1 Like

Heck yes I would let her

1 Like

No worries there and as a Mexican if you don’t want someone else feeding your husband YOU do it. She will stop as soon as you start. I can assure you that. We are taught sometimes not to ever eat in front of anyone if you don’t have enough to share and that’s probably what’s going on. I would do something nice for her to thank her.

9 Likes

I would let her continue to bring him dinner. He has been open about it and some people are just nice and care about others, might make her feel good to do for others … enjoy the food!

2 Likes

You’re overreacting a bit

It’s food. Lol. Sit down.

1 Like

Yes. & she can make the kids dinner too pls :raised_hands:

1 Like

Yes. My husband is one of those guys that’s very kind and grateful when someone does something for him. She may need kind and grateful in her life. That’s all. If she starts putting love notes in it I would be concerned. Otherwise I (in my marriage and with my understanding of how MY husband is) wouldn’t worry.

In Mexican culture, we feed everyone. If you turn it down, it can be seen as disrespectful.

6 Likes

Wait… you’re worried because it went from smooshed plates to perfectly placed food on the plate? Lol also, it’s your husbands job to let her know he’s married and not interested. You have to trust your man to do the right thing here.

1 Like

This has a lot to do with culture. I’m Vietnamese and we’re very food generous. If the son is close to your husband, it’s a thankful/grateful gesture in her mind as well to include and share food with your husband. I would return the favor here and there and pack dinner for your husband and her son. Two way street.

5 Likes

Keep the dinner coming girl!!!better for me😂

1 Like

Yup I’m on the page that she’s just being nice. Maybe she noticed he wasn’t getting food and thought it’d be a kind gesture.

1 Like

In this circumstance I would be ok. She is probably bored and don’t have a lot of people to cook for. My ex girlfriends mom always sent a ton of food w her to work to share. She loved cooking and always made enough for an army.

This is ok because she’s not going out of her way to make your husband dinner. She’s already making food for her son so she’s throwing a plate together for his friend. I do this as well, if I’m making snacks for my kids, I’ll throw them together for their friends if they’re going to be around.

He doesn’t like Mexican food? Let him go.

9 Likes

Maybe you should cook your husband dinner and send it with him. Maybe she sees that he doesn’t have anything and feel badly

My husband works on the road and he has the girls up front in the hotel lobby make him cookies because he didn’t have a oven and also one of the girls offered to wash his laundry in the big hotel washer instead of having to stay up and wash several small loads in the laundry Matt in the hotel. I appreciated those girls taking care of him when I couldn’t, and when I met them they all knew me by name and said how much he talked about me! I don’t know your trust level for your husband but I trust mine %110 percent :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: if you do to, enjoy him getting the treatment (especially if he is a hard worker)

1 Like

Is she hot lol if not keep eating

2 Likes

She is your new “other mother” just thank your ancestors and move on.

Us hispanic use food to create a village. She sees her son Made a friend so she is feeding his friends.

I feel all my kids obnoxious friends also :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

8 Likes

I wouldn’t be worried about her slipping into your relationship unless you don’t trust your husband. And as for the Hispanic culture, it’s very common what she’s doing. They’re very food generous. And man do I appreciate that!

3 Likes

She not trying to steal him i promise you. It’s a cultural thing. Some don’t like to eat im front of other unless they are eating too. Do something nice for her, she has been cooking and feed your man or you dinner…
Show so love in return. You have a new relative😊

2 Likes

Bruh unless ole boy a granny fucker, you solid. I have never once thought my homies mom moving in on my territory. Like damn let abuela make him food.

That’s what Mexican moms do lol. They’ll feed everyone and their mothers.

5 Likes

Well it would all depend, if she looks like aunt B on Mayberry I would be OK and thankful but if she looks intimidating to you, you know,like she might be interested in taking your place, well now that is a different story!

1 Like

When I make my husband his breakfast tacos or even his lunch, I always make extras for the crew. You never know who doesn’t have anything to eat. I was raised to always share. I dont like eating in front of someone if I didn’t bring them something as well :blush:

9 Likes

Depends on situation. This is nothing to worry about. This is Mexican culture. To her, she’d be rude if she brought her son food and not him as well. That’s what I love about thier culture. The only thing you need to worry about is that he develops a love for Mexican cuisine… She will make him a lil thicker :joy:

I think she’s just being kind.

Honestly I wouldn’t worry bout it. It’s called being a kind stranger. How would it be if it was vice versa and you were in that situation how do u think ur hubby would feel? It’s just food not like she’s up there sitting there in the office plus her son works with him so honestly it’s an elderly woman so I wouldn’t worry about anything it’s just food

Don’t you trust your husband ? My hubby works at Clemson and the students make him desserts all the time . They appreciate him fixing things fast . I think it’s sweet

I’ve brought my husband’s co workers dinner all the time when I do it it’s a nice gesture because they all love my cooking. :woman_shrugging: If they go and tell their significant others and make it sound something more that’s on them. Lol.

I would make it a point to thank her yourself if you’re worried. Just send her a message if you can and tell her you really appreciate the dinners she’s been making for your husband and add in that he brings home his leftovers and they’re delicious. If she’s not being sneaky, she will appreciate that so much. And you will feel a lot better about the situation. You will have made your presence and awareness known, but in a sweet way vs insecure or intimidating. It could even start a new friendship between you two.

I have to admit, I wouldn’t really like it either. Especially if I noticed the plates getting “prettier” and just that it’s another woman doing these things. It would definitely make me uncomfortable. But it doesn’t mean there’s anything happening and I think the politeness and compliments is a good way to kind of feel out whether or not you have anything to worry about.

3 Likes

You can alway ask to meet her and ask to cook with her. She most likely would love to have the company and to teach. New village family loves to grow.

1 Like

Is she an older woman ? A younger woman ? To me it just sounds like a mamma giving out her love lol like when she brings it for her son she also brings it for your husband but it doesn’t sound like anything crazy at all

1 Like

I wouldn’t worry. I feed everyone. Everyone everything!!! It’s just a kind gesture.

2 Likes

I have to agree on the cultural thing. My boss is Hispanic and she is always bringing quiches to work and stopping by Bojangles for biscuits. Very generous.

1 Like

I grew up in fostercare and had a few Hispanic families. Food is such an important part of their family and culture. If a wife or mom, grandma, etc is bringing your hubby food, then most likely he has been “adopted” into her family, and now she must feed him because that is what is done. This is one of the traits I picked up and my hubby’s friends love it. They get free food, and I enjoy feeling motherly to them, even if I am younger than most of them. For me it has nothing to do with physical attraction, I am very much in love with my husband and we’ve been married over a decade.

2 Likes

If he’s giving you the plate, he’s not slipping no where. Eat up

1 Like

If she hispanic dont worry its just a habit . It dont matter if you at their house or work they dont believe in eating infront of others i work with only hispanic they do this all the time i eat with them n all they i swear literally make u eat with them even if you say no … my boss allways gets food giving to him bday cake on his bday they even give a lil bday party personally its not a big deal

1 Like

If I was bringing my son dinner Every nite yes I would make one for your hubby too.i think it’s done with just a kind gesture xx

My husband use to work 3rd shift. I would bring him home made food all the time. I would also, on occasion, make extra for his co workers. I don’t see a problem with it.

1 Like

I make my husbands best friend lunch sometimes (they’re both teachers) and I just do it to not have tons of leftovers in the fridge!