Would you be okay with another woman bringing your husband dinner?

Another woman makes my husband dinner every night to bring to him at work. My hubs work with her son, and when she brings her son dinner, she also brings my husband dinner. I didn’t mind it at first, but the plates went from being smooshed to being perfect placement on a plate. I also didn’t let it bother me because we already discussed this. It’s not a secret, and I get to eat the plates because he Doesn’t like Mexican food but loves the sentiment. This isn’t me trying to ruin a good thing for myself getting homemade meals by a woman who can really cook, but in the back of my head, all I can think is. “Is she gonna slip into our relationship?” Would you let another woman bring you man dinners?

270 Likes

Yes, it wouldn’t bother me as long as he was upfront about it. I wouldn’t think anything of it. Your husband has been upfront with you about it. Possibly a cultural thing.

As a man who has been in a lot of relationships with ‘the jealous type’…

There is literally never a reason to be jealous/worried…if a relationship is strong you weather that stuff ez. if it’s not strong…you should work on that part, not the jealousy stuff.

I understand the OP isn’t actually jealous but this is the word I’m using.

I will presume that, since he works with her son, he has something to do with how she gets the food to her son or he could stop it or…something.

in hispanic/latin culture, food is just what ppl do. one of my ex’s her mother was born in Mexico and before I came over, my gf was like “you can tell her no…she will try to kill you by stuffing u until you pop. just tell her no when ur done.” lol

I used to work at the front desk of an office and women would always drop off a lil something for me on their way back. It seemed more like it was a toll. you know like a tip like 'here, don’t say nothing.

At the end of the day, if your man is yours. then he’s yours. Esp if he knows you know about this woman…literally that would be the dumbest idea possible. "hey babe, this woman feeds me all the time and i know you know exactly who she is and that this situation makes you look at her harder…so now i’m going to try to ‘sneak’ around with her…? it just don’t add up.

also…you can tell them no and they don’t care, they’ll bring you the plate anyway. lol enjoy your free meals. I miss my daily home-made Mexican, home cooked meals.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Would you be okay with another woman bringing your husband dinner? - Mamas Uncut

Does she bring everyone at the work meals or just your husband & her son?

4 Likes

Since she is bringing her son’s dinner - maybe she just loves to cook and makes too much.

22 Likes

I can’t cook, but I say yes ESPECIALLY because i’d be the one eating the meals lol. I’d ask her upfront if she needed ‘anything in repayment’ and let her know I exist and we have a happy marriage though. I’d even mention I eat the meals myself because he doesn’t care for the type.

14 Likes

If someone wants to cook for my man go ahead …there some cleaning she can do too!!

47 Likes

If it bothers you speak up. I probably wouldn’t like it but id also look at is as I dont have to make him dinner so…lol

5 Likes

Yes. You’re being paranoid. I’m the type of person who will cook for anyone who’ll let me. I just love cooking, not other peoples partners.

17 Likes

Probably she overcooks. And probably she feels bad giving her son food in front of your hubby, especially if it’s just the two of them working.

15 Likes

One in a blue moon but not daily. Why can’t the son make his own meals . If this woman doesn’t have anything to do she should volunteer

1 Like

A lady at my partners work did this. I referred to her as his work wife. No issue at all unless there’s dodgy texts or flirting going on to go with it.

9 Likes

My MIL always packs extra food for my FIL and husband (they work together), for those co-workers who don’t bring lunch.
Us Mexicans love to share our food. :two_hearts:

One of their co-workers is Black, and he sends back homemade cornbread as a thank you. I always get dibs on it. Lol

23 Likes

Irrational and Unnecessary

2 Likes

My workmates mum used to send me a home cooked lunch. Sometimes people are just nice with no hidden agenda.

11 Likes

Has he complained that you don’t cook for him is the question…

1 Like

Yeah I’m good I would be all like chef competition it is lol but seriously

Well stop being lazy n send him a plate of food to work then honestly if you got a problem with it that’s only way to solve this.

5 Likes

Maybe shes just nice like that…If your hubby is faithful you have no worries…What does your hubby say ?

1 Like

No that’s a mother trying to support her sons development. Very nice of her. Maybe take your husband and her son some desert in one day :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

I have packed food for my hubby’s co-workers when I have had a ton left over. I don’t see anything wrong with it. Plus you don’t have to do it. Lol

When my husband would work at night, I would send dinner to whoever was working with him, not because I had something for the coworker but because it’s what feels right. I don’t know if it’s a Hispanic thing but it’s normal for us to send food to coworkers, etc. We love to feed people.

8 Likes

Someone has a great delusional of a family. Be careful don’t get in her bad side she maybe a psychotic homewrecker in the making.

1 Like

I believe she’s just being kind. Thank her !

2 Likes

I cook extra for the guys at my hubbys work 💁

If your worried a meal might take your man it might be time to reflect. If a woman can sway my guy with chicken pot pie she can have him.

20 Likes

Hell no I understand one time but not all the time so she mite have some feelings for him

3 Likes

I make food every day for my man and 2 of his friends. We only live about 2 minutes away from their job so they all 3 stop by my house to eat during their lunch breaks. I am not trying to get with either of them lol its just me being nice

5 Likes

All your husband needs to say is thank you for the food but my wife packs me lunch. It’s too much food. Something along those lines.

As far as cooking for someone. I would almost say it’s a courtesy and respect thing for some. If her son works with your husband. Sometimes it’s rude to not pack and extra lunch. Especially in the Hispanic culture. My husband is South Indian and his co-workers wife’s will send extra food for him most times. It’s just a cultural thing. She most likely doesn’t mean anything by it but ultimately your husband can respectfully put an end to it. Problem solved.

Depends! Is she a nice mum or a NICE mum :wink::rofl:

Sounds harmless but if it’s starting to bother you say something

1 Like

I’m secure enough to be ok with it. My man may be eating her meatloaf, but he’s coming home to me for everything else.

I would mind. Honestly because you’re married and another woman should not be bringing him food. As your husband, he should politely decline the food. Also, is there a reason you don’t cook for him…? Or you do and just didn’t mention that part.

1 Like

Sis, ok well there’s a couple of loads of laundry. Don’t forget to help pick the kids up from practice because we can share them too.

I also like many here send extra food to my husband coworkers. With the intention of just feeding them :joy: the delicious food my husband gets

3 Likes

Maybe but maybe she’s just a sweet old lady… or maybe not

2 Likes

If I send food with my son for his ti always include his working partner.
That man loves desserts! So I try send a desert he likes …
It dont mean I’m after him in any way shape or form.

4 Likes

It sounds like she’s just being thoughtful. I have fed my man’s friends before and their SOs had no issue. Hispanic/Latina women are the kind who love to feed the block. I say enjoy it and don’t read too much into.

17 Likes

I think she’s being nice
It’s fine unless there’s other red flags

2 Likes

Depends. As a female that works with men and has done this. I can see your concern. But most of the time it is just innocent. I’d ask. I personally squash things like this early on. If you dont voice it how will you know? His reaction should tell you all. And I work with a lot of Hispanic women. They LOVE to cook. They LOVE to feed people. My coworkers bring me food when they feed some of the guys too. The people they respect most in a work environment typically will get a plate of food. It’s their beautiful nature. :black_heart::black_heart::black_heart:

1 Like

Good lord. The woman is trying to be nice and make her son some food and bringing his coworker, your husband, some food and you’re worried she is trying to steal your man. Time to get a grip. :woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming::woman_facepalming:

8 Likes

If you think that someone who brings him FOOD is a threat then you should probably re evaluate your relationship!!! Are you really that insecure?

10 Likes

My husband yes I’d be ok with it. I’d probably feel I’d need to return the gesture though and send two serves.

2 Likes

Well do you trust your husband, if yes then why be worried? Just thank her and maybe treat her and her son someday.

7 Likes

Of my fucking dead body :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Trust your relationship explain to your husband that you are not comfortable maybe he could decline on health reasons

1 Like

If I’m sending food for my man I’m sending food for his coworkers, :woman_shrugging:t3: when I managed I used to bring food in for my employees.
I have a big ass family and don’t know how to cook for two people so if I don’t send food for an army we eat leftovers for a full week

Sis just eat the food and suck your man’s dick :joy::joy::joy::joy: it ain’t that hard to keep a husband :woman_shrugging:t4:

If it’s just the two of them working, I think she’s doing it to be kind. If there are more people she’s not giving food too, I’d be suspicious but I’d implore my husband to pet said woman know “my wife loves your food!” And leave it at that :rofl:

3 Likes

As a woman…I can tell you…she has an “eye” on him crossing her fingers that an opening will open up in his life.:upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Make him his own meal then?

1 Like

I mean if she’s bringing it for her son too it seems like she’s just being polite. If she quit bringing them & kept bringing it for her son it would probably feel awkward for her & your man lol like yeah I’m not gonna bring you food anymore but I’m still bringing food here.

1 Like

Tell her you eat the food too and would like the recipe. :wink:

3 Likes

i wouldn’t like it either it’s akward after a few times i wonder will your husband be upset if he has to stop she is clearly single an it’s just inappropriate who knows what she thinks of u being this kind lettin her cook for u all at times it’s not about being insecure or anything it’s just nipping problems in the butt i hope the best for u an him

Does she know you eat them?

1 Like

If she knows you’re eating it , maybe shes just trying to feed you?
& maybe the perfect placement is to impress you?
:thinking::sweat_smile:

1 Like

If it’s a problem for you, then it needs to be addressed. From past experiences, I will NEVER allow another women do my job ever again. We’re humans and we make mistakes, and at times its not intentional.

6 Likes

I’d start bringing him dinner … better dinner

3 Likes

There is a line limit you have to draw in co workers female and males together. Yes if she is bringing for all the coworkers not just for the husband and her son it needs to be shared with everyone if it is a small group but oh girl makes a habit of it then she is missing something in her life and looking for it in your husband. I am dealing with the situation where the female co worker is calling my husband everyday and even a couple of times a day and chatting as if he is her husband I tell my husband he is in the wrong for allowing her to do that he wouldn’t like a man to call me and chat all the time

1 Like

Sounds like she’s Hispanic. Hispanic mamas are very motherly and generous who like to cook and feed everyone. My mother is like this. She will cook up some delicious authentic food and share it at work.
It’s really nothing to be concerned about. Just Keep enjoying her dishes. :drooling_face:

23 Likes

If it’s a Hispanic woman, this is culture and it’s manners. You never bring a single plate when you know there are more to feed. But if you have some insecurities, you could include a sweet handwritten and signed (by you) thank you letter with a dessert to send with him for her for feeding him. Food is better than a gift because it’s most likely she is also partnered and bringing anything other than food might bring the same feelings from her partner at home.

8 Likes

My wife always made an extra lunch for my buddy at work if we had extra leftovers. I mentioned that he was always jealous of my lunches and that he always had to head out and spend money on lunches often, even when cash was tight for him. But when my lunches are leftover deer steaks and mashed potatoes, or moose pot roast, who could blame anyone for that! If shes happy doing it, whats the bother?? And by the way, i do at least 90% of the cooking at home. And not because my wife doesnt have the ability or time to. Shes a great cook, and she works at home. I work 8-530 monday to friday. I choose to cook because i love to, and its a great way to unwind and make the mental shift from work mode to home mode

9 Likes

My husband used to have me make a plate for his co-workers during tax time. No one seemed bothered by it

Yes. She cooks for her son and brings it to him & to be polite she brings a plate to whom works with her son. Some women love to cook and by cooking & feeding others it makes them feel good. Do not take offense. She may just be ole school. I would do it for my son and have and I always brought some for whom ever was there with him.

3 Likes

….she can’t “split into your relationship”. The only way she can come between your husband and you, is if HE lets her.

2 Likes

I have a friend who would do that for many that worked with her son. . Her intentions were pure.

1 Like

Sounds like her son looks up to your man because he might talk about him to his mom often. His mom might feel like you’re man is a good influence on her son and it’s her way of thanking him??

12 Likes

That’s embarrassing. Learn how to cook, there are millions of videos and instructions on how to make something with minimal ingredients and effort.

4 Likes

I wish someone would cook my fiance lunch🤣

2 Likes

Smh… no not even if another worker was involved, no it’s not her place. Why does she feel this is her place?

I think it is an innocent act of kindness to her sons co worker. Hispanic women usually cook for more than just their families, at least thats been my experience.

10 Likes

Shoooooooot let my man start getting fed at work. We call that a work “wife” and we love those! I’d send a letter with him to give to her saying thank you and please fix me one to! :woman_shrugging:t2:

9 Likes

That would be the last meal he ever ate lol. That’s how it starts though. Building a friendship, then fulfilling his needs, then emotional needs, then physical needs. Beware. Marriage is sacred and supposed to be valued.

3 Likes

My thought is maybe the woman’s love language is food. If she’s bringing her son food and extra for your husband,I don’t see harm in it. I just think it’s a nice gesture rather then anything happening. Especially if she’s Hispanic. My friends grandma sends me with plates for days :rofl: if it was just her making food for your husband only you might have a problem.

3 Likes

Well take your man some bloody dinner too lol treat your man right or another woman will! Jk jk lol but make him a good lunch/supper or something if it bothers you.

2 Likes

I would cook for my colleagues. I love to cook and love to share my meals with everyone.

I mean… don’t mess it up for yourself - but don’t blink either lol. You never know someone’s intentions. You know the way to a mans heart is through his stomach. If it’s an every day thing ~ that’s honestly weird af

1 Like

If she’s truly Hispanic, it’s just kindness. Say thank you and move on with your day

12 Likes

Coming from someone whose literally done this, we mean well and by no means do we want ya mans. :heartbeat:

8 Likes

Ummm if he isn’t even eating it and you are the one who eats them then what’s the big deal

1 Like

Mexican family makes so much food, she’s just sharing. Bring some here :blush:

10 Likes

My husband used to have a woman bring him food. I know where I stand so I don’t care. She was a sweet 50 something year old. I made him lunch too. But ya typically She find a new recipe and that’s how she wanted to share through my husband. My husband told her my wife reads all my text and messages. So if you don’t want her to know don’t tell me. Second off she wants the recipe. She has a few She thinks you would like too. 3rd she answers my phone if I am not awake. She knew I was very present in his life. But if it bothers you tell your husband.

2 Likes

Sounds A-OK on paper but it sounds risky in Real life

8 Likes

She’s being polite. I feel the same way. When I cook or bake some bomb ass shit for my husband I send enough for all his coworkers… why? Because I’m a bomb ass cook and I wanna share with EVERYONE, not my husband. It makes me feel good as a person and as a wife. If my husbands coworkers wives got jealous or mad at me for it I’d say I was just being polite because my husband sitting there eating this bomb ass food in front of your husbands is RUDE :joy::joy:
Also, back during my senior year we had a friend that worked at the corner store and some of us would literally just sit there at the corner store and hang out with him and his mom would bring us ALL full plates of dinner and that’s probably where I got the idea from I’ve always been a cook but that’s a great way to be polite, show off your skills, and just do something nice for strangers. It doesn’t mean there attraction there. If you loved to cook, maybe you would understand.

If you have to ask this question there is something wrong. Id trust my partner 100% if ever hinted at something else he would shut it down.

2 Likes

My mum used to take my dad down cooked meals at stupid hours when he was a manger and would always take the other staff member/s working down some aswell :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

If she’s Mexican then it’s understandabld

5 Likes

Hispanic moms love to feed people!

18 Likes

That lady might be makin him some tacos but he comes home to this taco lol

4 Likes

They love to cook and offer food!!

3 Likes

Cultural thing? Kindness

6 Likes

She brings her son dinner too? Idk the details but I don’t think I’d have an issue with it unless she’s trying to get something more from him?
It’s typical in my culture, the old school way, to bring food for others or to feed people constantly lol it’s considered a kind, friendly gesture.

3 Likes

She she cooking it and dropping it off or is she hanging around and eating with them. Does she bring it if her son is not there? Some people live to cook and cook large meals. That’s me. I cook for an army and its just me and my husband. So I fix plates and take to several of the single men that love near us. I am not interested in any of them. But I love to cook

9 Likes

I’d ask her if she fancies doing his laundry too, is she after a rescue project? :rofl::rofl:

7 Likes

Hell no tell her to cook for her own man I wouldn’t stand for that.

2 Likes

I use to take food for my ex bf at work and a few of his colleagues i never ment anything more then being nice

3 Likes

This sounds like the two men are working in the same space and she’s bring them both food out of curiosity because it’s rude to eat in front of others. And it’s rude to bring food to someone to eat in front of others if said others aren’t eating. So you just might be overreacting.

Heck no! Food is the way to a mans heart (or at least that’s what I’ve always heard

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it especially if she’s doing it for her son too🙂

1 Like

Gee
Being generous
I was taught don’t eat infront of others it’s rude
So i make sure when I eat infront of someone if they want anything to

I wouldn’t care. I would absolutely fucking love that actually especially if I got to eat it