Would you be okay with your 5 year old drinking coffee?

I drank coffee from the time I could walk around the coffee table. My mother said she couldn’t keep me from draining everyone’s cup, that I always wanted “coss’ee”.
I had migraines as an infant and as a teenager found out coffee will help lessen them.

If this was me. My kid. My answer would be absolutely not
But I wouldn’t judge anyone. Maybe decaf. It’s a cute moment so I get it but Me personally I’d do grandma coffee and maybe kiddo with some warm chocolate milk

There is so much worse things that child probably eats or drinks s little coffee every once in a while will not kill that child . Let them pretend which is probably mostly what that is. Kids like to think they are doing something big.

The only reason I don’t share my coffee with my kid is because it’s either from the human bean where I get four to five shots of espresso or death wish coffee where they have 700-800 of caffeine per pot (depending on how many scoops).

I beg u to leave her to enjoy her Grandma time. They r memories forever kept in one’s heart. Don’t take it away from her.

Ask your mom to do chocolate milk or juice

My grandson ask me last week when he could drink coffee so I ask his mom if he could have milk coffee. 90% milk she said he could try it. Today is that day. He is going to be 9 in Aug.

1 Like

They can have another way to bond if you dont like it. Grandma can give non caffeinated tea, or something else besides coffee. A child does not need coffee.