Would you follow through with being induced or wait?

I was induced with my now 4 year old on my due date. Labor lasted 24 hours. It was not fun. I would wait until you are 40 weeks then think about it. Good luck!

I was induced twice- just a few days before then past DD. But both times were great, no regrets! Second son, I was at 5cms when I was induced… my body had been trying to go into labor for 2 weeks, I was just tired and done! Good luck :heart:

Induced ; I like it better than waiting but that’s just me. This was my 4th(she’s two weeks old) and being induced I had her in the a.m stayed one night and was home by 2 pm next day! I like how fast it goes

Personally, I would wait unless your doctor indicates that it’s actually better for your or baby’s health, especially if you don’t plan on an epidural or if you are deadset on a vaginal birth. Studies have shown that mothers who are induced often report higher pain scores on a 1-10 scale, and are more likely to get epidurals, tear, or have to have a c-section. Baby comes when he or she is ready, but more importantly, when your body is ready. Letting that process happen naturally is much less likely to cause a traumatic birth experience.

Just wait! When the baby is ready my doctor always told me.

My last kid i was 3cm for 2 weeks! Finally the 2nd week i was 4cm& i got my membranes scrapped in morning he was born that night. Water broke born 10mins later in my car

I would not go for being induced if you have the Option you can stay pegrant up to 42 weeks and as long everyone is in good health it is perfectly fine. Everyone says natural labor vs induction is way better

Wait. Induction is the leading cause of c sections

I HATED being induced with my daughter…who was my first… I went into labor naturally with my older son and it was a lot better. . Still had an epidural, but I was more able to handle the pain a bit longer than being induced. My last was a c-section and that wasnt as horrible as I thought it would be.

I’d wait it out. For all of my pregnancies I was offered inductions and declined except for my youngest. He came 2 days before I was scheduled anyway

I would wait it out. The decision is yours though, so do what you feel is right for you. Also, have you thought about the option of having your membranes stripped? I’ve never had to do it, but I’ve had friends do it and they end up in labor within a couple days (at most) afterwards. Good luck, mama in whatever you decide!!

I had a scheduled induction on my son at 42weeks. I was told could take up to two days for it to get started but I was in Labour 24 hrs and he was born. Honestly a smooth Labour but once you get the pitocin it goes from 0-100 in contractions! If you get epidural you’ll be laughing :heart_eyes: I needed an episiotomy in the end but other than taht was grand :joy:. Best of luck :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I was induced. They said it would be a painful, long labour. I did it in a couple of hours with no pain relief! The midwife didn’t think I was in labour and then 45 minutes later I had a beautiful baby boy in my arms !

I personally would wait. If the baby is fine and a good weight (not too big), and I was in good health.

2 Likes

WAIT IT OUT PLEASE!!!
DONT induction was the most stressful process!!
They didn’t check me adiquetly through out the process and let me labour for 16 hours on the drip with my waters in tact… So 16/27houes of induction waisted I wish I had forced them to let me wait!

5 Likes

Wait it out! Is it your first child? I got induced with my first and only child and it was hell. I feel my body would have done so much better going naturally. I was 39+2.

3 Likes

If you don’t have to be induced I would wait, especially if first baby. I was induced with my first and they started the process Thursday night and I didn’t have the baby until Saturday afternoon! Super long process!

1 Like

I scheduled mine for 41wks 2days to give me time to go naturally and I had my first at 40wks 6days. Most of the time your body will go when its ready, but having that backup plan scheduled is a good idea!

Being induced with my first child was terrible. Everything was more intense than it had to be, if I had waited a little for natural labour. My second child arrived naturally and it was better in every way

Wait if you can… if you go past 40 weeks they’ll induce you anyway, but if you have the choice right now, I would wait. I was induced at 40 weeks, 7 days after my original due date. It was no fun but, it had to happen.

Wait it out!!! First baby no induction. Second baby different doctor induction. Harder labor. More intense pain. It was horrible.

I would wait I hated being induced it was the worst feeling in the world I went natural with my twins did not feel even half as bad as I did with my Singleton

I’d only induce if it was medically necessary. Any intervention has complications that Id rather avoid.

I did both , and i preferred being induced I suffered less i find haha the reason I got induced was because babe was not coming haha had him at 42 weeks

Wait but if your waters break go straight to hospital. Why induce if bubs isn’t ready.

Just wait. A friend of mine was 3cm, got induced and a day and half later had a csection.

If the baby isnt ready there z no use in induced labour coz you just suffer with pain n the ultimate final option of docs would be we hv do c section coz thats wat happed to me

Induced 2 days after due date for 1st baby horrible delivery, slowed the process down had minor complications till the last day and turns out she was stuck after finally getting to 9cm and had to do csection. 2nd baby came early on his own naturally and I had a csection scheduled for him but his daddy died 8days before he was born so I believe the stress of that played a big part… but you do what’s best for you and baby

Both my babies were induced and I had epidurals. Very easy births and recoveries!!! My doctor didn’t like surprises and neither do I, though in those days we did not know the gender until the baby was born!! Surprise!

I would wait! I’m all about my baby coming when it wants! They can’t stay in there forever! Only exception is if it’s medically necessary for the safety of the baby or myself.

Wait until the last possible moment, your body can kick in at anytime. My water never broke with four babies, turns out my membrane is super thick. I delivered all four all natural. They popped my water sak, boom here they came!!

I was induced at 39
It wasnt great but my son finally arriving was best thing ever i couldnt wait hold him.

Wait it out— that baby will know when it is time to come out—-good things come to those who wait!!!

If you only 3cm I would wait.unless complications.

It depends . I was dilated and my water broke however I still had to be induced at the time because I was not having contractions . Depends on your body and hows your labor is .

I stayed 3cm for like the last 3 or weeks of my first and wasn’t induced. Mine came naturally the day before my due date and I was only in labor for 4 hours. The only problem me or my son had was that he didn’t wanna hold his temp very well at first so they kept him under a light for 30 minutes