Would you have joint birthday parties?

Separate ones. I know that it may be more work but it’s worth it. My bro & I had our birthdays both in May & four days apart but my “ mother “ said she never thought of combining them.

We did 3 parties at the same time. They each had their own cake and decorations set up for them. We sing happy birthday to each of them. We have 2 girls and my dad’s birthday in the middle of those. We did that until they got in school and had more friends coming. Then we realized it was too much for our house lol.

I have 3 in August (8th 9th and 30th) they share a “party” but get “specials” on their birthday (small cake, 1-2 presents dinner ex…) mine will be 11, 8 & 2 this year. I also have a June baby and due again in July…

I have 2 that have birthdays 10 days apart. Do them seperate. They will thank you later.

My boys birthdays are less than a month apart, they are 8 and 9. We do 1 party but celebrate their birthdays separately on each birthday.

My cousins birthdays are 9th and 14th of August. They had one party. Sometimes they would have friend party and they would spend the night.
My is the 11th and my sisters is the 27th of November and we had our own.

I have sons with their bdays 4 days apart
I always did a family party together
Then they had their friends party a weekend a part .

My kids birthdays are July and October last year because of covid we didn’t get to have a birthday party for my daughter in July so I did a party together in October I to was so easy and so much nicer. But on each kids birthday they got their gift from me and they picked dinner that day.

Mine are may 1 & may 9 and we join them ! They are only turning 3&5 so still young enough that they don’t know the difference

1 Like

My kids share a party. Dec 11, Dec 12 & Dec 17.
No one is coming over 3 times and then again for Christmas lol

3 Likes

I think they may be to young to care right now, but I think if they ever come across photos later on, (and they will one way or another) your going to definitely get questioned on it.

I always had joint parties with my brother and even my cousin 🤷 We all had summer birthdays so we’d have a big pool party outside. Those are some of my best memories.
Your kids are way too young to care right now though.

2 Likes

As a twin. Its no biggie lol

My girls birthdays are may 3rd and May 9th a year apart. They have always celebrated together and has never been a problem.

My youngest is 2 on April 11th and my twins are 10 on 27th April, was going to do a joint birthday but think I will just let them have their own days now as older 2 wud prefer it that way plus more cake :grinning:

U can do a party together and then do like a little cake and small present on their actually birthday. Or even go out to dinner.

My kids are two days apart I do them together but we only have family parties soit would be the same people anyway. I have bought two separate cakes.

1 Like

Own day! Your birthday is literally the only day you have that is all yours and I always feel you shouldn’t have to share that.

1 Like

Last year due to Covid we did both my sons and my niece in June. And the kids loved it. We obviously did something small at our house on their actual birthdays :partying_face: and had everyone FaceTime to help sing. I have 2 nieces birthdays in March, my son is 4/1 and other son June. We are celebrating 1 niece and my son on the same day! All the kiddos love it. And my niece will be 3 and my son 12! They all just like to be together, regardless of age!

Nope. My kids birthdays are 3 days apart. Nope nope nope. They deserve their OWN day

When my kids were that young i did it all on one day. As they got older I started to split it up.

2 Likes

My son and daughter are 4 years and 1 day apart. September 12th and 13th, joint parties all the way!

We have two April birthdays. When they were younger, we had joint birthdays. Now, they’re older and they each have a party.
To save money, have a small home celebration on each kids birthday, then one party. On actual birthdays, we give the birthday kid a cupcake, their favorite meal, and a small gift. Then we choose a weekend between the kids birthdays to have an actual party.

2 Likes

Separate days. My sister and I are 1 year and 1 day apart. We ALWAYS had joined birthday celebrations. I’ve always felt like it was more of a “her” day and didn’t really feel like an “our” day.

1 Like

Seperate. Their birthday is their one special day of the year

Me and my hubby share a party (usually it’s our birthdays plus Thanksgiving) as his is Oct 3rd and mine is Oct 30th. We just do our own thing on our actual birthdays.

I think do a joint family party … when they start school and are older they can have separate friend parties… you could make them 2 separate cakes ?:slight_smile:

I have a 5yr old and 7 yr old both born in August I do joined birthdays. It’s a lot easier I think!

I have joint birthdays for my girls. Their birthdays are April 5th and April 15th. But on their specific birthday we do a little special dinner. It’s just easier that way for us. Hey it worked for 3 years so far lol

1 Like

It’s fine I have a 7 ur old and a one yr old w birthdays two days apart. We do the parties together. I make sure they have their own tables w their own decorations. Along w two cakes. It works out fine. My brother and I are three days apart and mom always did ours together until we became teens.

It is literally the one day a year they get that is theirs. I would personally keep them separate xx

My kids are 6 years and 5 days apart and we’ve always done joint parties. We do two themes and they each invite their own friends and nobody cares either way.

1 Like

I am in the same boat birthday wise, my son will be 3 June 19 and my daughter 1 on June 25th, they will each get their own celebration day

Some years I have done them together, others I have done them apart. The years we’ve done them together are ones we’ve gone on a big trip for their birthday. Disney vacation or something. Mine are 10 days apart. To make it easier for others I do the first a week early and the other a week later.

I have 2 in the same month we have always celebrated them with a party together (they looked at it now as we do this together it’s bigger then if we do 2) but on their actual birthday it’s all about them they pick what and where we eat and make the fun decisions

They need there own day

My daughters birthdays are December 15 & 31.

Up until they were teenagers, we did 1 joint party, usually at the bowling alley, skating rink, or similar type of “play place” (due to cold weather) in the week between their birthdays. Each child invited 5 of their own friends & had their own cake & present table.

If allowed they got to take snacks to school class for their individual birthdays & we had a special day with cake, ice cream & a couple presents for each child on their actual birthday at home with just family.

Seperate, as a guest who isn’t a family member or close friend, like a school friend, it’s extremely awkward. When this happened with me, I always felt that I needed to bring presents for both children even though we didn’t know one of them.

2 Likes

No. Please give each child their special day.

3 Likes

At this age I would do joint birthday parties. You can do something small just yall separately as well. I always do something small on their actual birthday and their party usually the Saturday after. My son just turned 1 and his cousin (from sister in law) was born 5 days after him, so we are doing a joint birthday with his cousin. I figured since I would have been doing his party on his cousin’s actual birthday and it would be most if the same people it only makes sense amd my sister in law agreed. When they get older (like when the oldest hits school age) they can have separate birthday parties.

Joint parties are fine whilst so little as usually it’s family members and close friends kids that attend but as soon as they are school age they will want their own friends to attend parties so keep them joint whilst you can . Maybe get another 2 yrs of joint parties :tada: :heart::birthday::cake::balloon::gift:

I have a 5 year old born on June 29 and a 12 year old born June 30th. So far, we’ve done joint parties and they love it. More people come it seems like. If you have 2 very close together and the same family and friends can’t come to both, they may get hurt feelings. I say joint party for as long as you can! This year we might not since it’s the big 13, but we’ll see.

1 Like

My two youngest are in the same month, one week apart. Boy and girl. We did plenty of joint birthdays til they got older!

I did separate 1st birthday for my youngest but we’ve done joint parties since. My kids were born October 5th and 9th. We get each a cake and decorate different rooms to their themes.

My brother and sister were born 4 year and 4 days apart. I always had a cake, with gifts from myself and their immediate family and an overall special day for their actual birthday but for everyone else (extended family, and friends) they had a shared party. It was much easier, more fun, and financially easier to make one big birthday party than to have 2 separate ones, it wasnt just easier for me it was easier for the guests too. We tried separate parties one year because their parents demanded it, even though the kids didn’t care, less people came when we tried to do 2 separate ones, the year we tried to do that we got everyone coming to the 1st party but bringing gifts for the 2nd one because they couldn’t come. The 2nd party had maybe half the people and it made my sister really sad. So I kept it at one party and both kids and the guests were happy and didn’t have a problem since. The kids loved it and even as adults still loved they were able to celebrate together. They did have their own cakes at their joined party and each gave goodie bags unique to their interests.

Desperate let them have their day to themselves their not twins

I have 3 in may . girl may 13th boys may 17th and may 28th. They had a few on the same day as little kids for family that way people didn’t have to come over 3 times in the same month. Now they are all in their 20s and don’t really have partys much but will have a cook out and cake at my house one weekend in may

Definitely separate! You’re celebrating their special day
As siblings they have to share everything in life.
Personally I don’t think their birthday should be one of them :slightly_smiling_face: they should have their own attention for the day :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I always did joint parties when they were very small. As they got a little older and understood that it was their special day , that’s when i began doing separate parties .

My brother and I were born on the same day 3 years apart. We had one party.

They deserve their own special day.

1 Like

At this age it is fine. We did a joint party for my kids (1 & 8) last year. I took two themes they both like and combined. It was less money and headaches.

While they are young, I don’t see an issue with joint parties. As they get older, and have their own friends I would separate

2 Likes

Separate parties. My husband and I have birthdays exactly one week apart and everyone always lumps both together. Of course I love him to pieces, but I have to share my day now lol

1 Like

Join birthdays … once they start school and make friends… they will want there own party with there friends

2 Likes

SEPARATELY my brother and me share a birth week may 16 and may 24 and we both have always hated having to share the occasion

1 Like

Duh :roll_eyes: Mama said they were one and three. They’ll never remember that far back. Saves on costs, time, etc. Especially the way things are just now I think that’s a great idea. They’ll never know the difference :100:

1 Like

Together is fine until they are older with their own friends and opinions.

2 Likes

When they are that young a joint party is fine, there is 2 tears between my younger 2, one n May one in June, when they were younger it was always joined until they started school

I would do one big party a people that are not your immediate family and then on their birthdays I would do a small gathering with your immediate family

At their age, so young, I’d say do a joint bday. When they are older then maybe separate.

1 Like

I did my kids together till they hit school then they had their own and got to invite as many kids as the years they turned allowed to come to their party. There birthdays are a month apart and family lives 3+ hours away so it’s was just better for all to do joint when small

1 Like

We do one party and then have something special at home on their birthday as they get older they will want separate parties

1 Like

Separate.
Please make them feel special.

I would think its fine until the older one starts school and having friends of their own. Then it would be time to separate. Me and my sister are 2 years 5 weeks apart and when we got older and wanted to bigger more expensive things we had the option to do it together or choose a smaller idea. We always did them together

We do joint birthday parties. Separate themes. But the day of their birthday we do a special dinner of whatever they want and a small cake and maybe a small present. We have done that every year. Mine are 11 and almost 10 now.

1 Like

Definitely ok for them to have joint parties now. If they ask for separate ones when the older then I’d change it then.

A child’s birthday is something to be celebrate for that child. 2 of my children’s birthdays are less than two weeks apart. They deserve their special day

My daughters birthdays are June 17 & 20 2 years apart, we’ve done joint parties every year. They will be 10 & 12 this year. They still don’t complain about sharing parties :woman_shrugging:t3:.

1 Like

My middle girls (7&6) are 1yr, 1mn & 1day apart. On there actually Birthday they get to pick what / where we eat, get a cake, a gift & a friend over/ sleepover. The last 3yrs I have done a combo party. Each girl picks their theme & their guest list, the 3 of us choose an activity (skating, water fun, movie, sleepover). Literally the party is split in half: decorations, cupcakes, games, goody bags.
To be honest it is easier for me to have one party less planning, less coordinating, less expenses & potentially guests that would have travel to go to both parties…

Separate days. Your taking away their special day they were born.

My kids birthdays are a month and 10 days apart. We do one big birthday party together but on their actual birthdays we still celebrate them doing something they choose to do.

I have 4 kids youngest 2 (3&1) are born on same day 2 years apart they had their birthday together. I have 4 children we alternate who gets a big ass party every year. I’m sure once they are older I’ll have those two split birthdays. Right now the 3 year old loves it and is already planning her and her sisters next party :joy: now my 6 year old is excited hoping his baby brother will be born on his birthday so they can have parties together. It’s up to you your situation and your children ask them how they feel. I know older kids probably will want their own thing eventually but as long as they are happy it’s their day :black_heart:

If do together and have aparty at least get them there own cake .otherwise if u want do separate I can see points of doing together as well as separate

We did it… they each got their special day but the big party, we combined… you can get away with that for a while lol

2 Likes

Not twins let them each have a day for them

I know someone who has did big Birthday with 2 of her 3 kids got them there own cakes at least

With how the world is going I’d say do a joint one, they are too young to care.

Take them out for each birthday but do a party together.

While they are young joint is fine me personally I didnt mind as from 16 onwards nobody gave 2 hoots (true story) so now I dont

I’m with you they won’t remember when they get older

My brothers bd is may 9th. Mine is may31st. We had shared parties my whole childhood. He would over shadow me as he was older and had waaayyy more friends. Im autistic and only had two friends. Keep them separate.

As a parent- I say u have a another year or two before you should separate them & give them their own days. As a kid - whose brothers bday is 2 days after mine- I actually didn’t mind sharing the day. As a family we always celebrated both together & then randomly as we got older we
would do an extra celebration with our friends if we wanted to.

Ew, your husband is right.

1 Like

There are no other times when siblings are singled out and have their own day to celebrate them.
Kids have to share Everything else, why can’t they have something of their own? So yes I think every child should have their own birthday.
I have actually worked with many children and I have not met one that liked a joint birthday party. Unless it is just physically or financially unable to.
Although I do think you can get away with for the 1st few years until the older one starts understanding they have to share their birthday along with everything else they have to share with a new sibling.

At there age a joint party is fine but after they reach school age separate would be best so they both no they r special!!!

My kids last year had their birthdays together, my daughter was turning 6 and my son was just turning 1, we had a party in between their birth dates, but we would do something special on each of their actual birthdays. Probably will be doing that again this year. They’re birthdays are just 10 days apart. Easier for us and less expensive as we can’t afford a whole lot.

I’d do separate parties!

I say a shared bday party right now at their ages is fine. Once your oldest starts school and has more friends they would want to invite would be a good time to do separate ones.

My kids’ birthdays are 10 days apart (girl and boy). I did them together until my daughter started school and separated them after that. They’ll each have their own friends and in my case, their own “themes” since they’re boy and girl. Right now is okay for same parties, they don’t really remember that or care because it’s usually mostly family.

They’re too young at that age, but I probably would separate them as they get older. Easier for you to do one party, also

Your husband is right. Pet them have there. Day

My kids are close. I sometimes do seperate and sometimes do together but with seperate cakes. Dont matter long as ur celebrating

1 Like

Pffft my birthdays were always shared with ny sister she is nearly 10 years younger than me btw but we always did bowling or something like that and I actually liked sharing my party until my sweet 16 came around that was irritating to me

1 Like

Separate kids separate birthdays…they are individuals not twins therefore they need to be celebrated on their days…

Nothing wrong with joint bdays when they’re little. We did 3 at once last year

1 Like

Our boys are a week apart too. When they were young we did them together. Too many people were too busy to take two weekend days off to join for birthdays.

Big birthdays separate little birthdays together.

1 Like

I would share it until your oldest is about 5. At that age I would ask my 5 year old what they wanted.

I don’t see the big deal about doing a combined birthday party when they’re still little, but when they get old enough to have parties with their friends, let them each have their own celebration, they might be into different things and have different friend groups.