Would you have joint birthday parties?

Do a joint i have two daughters same month 8 days apart.they are still young enoungh to have them together

My two boys are turning 3 and 1 march 7th and 8th we are having a conjoined party at this age they don’t know any better Ill prolly always do it like this and on there actual birthdays take them to do something special and make there own cakes then

They are too young to care. Ask them when they are older. For now I’d do 1 party.

Too young to care. I have 3… Its no biggie yet

My kids birthdays were 18 days apart. They shared a birthday for the first 2 years my daughter was born but by 6 my son wanted his own and i was okay with that. My bday is the day after Christmas and was never a seperate occasion so i can only imagine sharing my day with a sibling. So I see combining early on but would respect the childs choice once able. Its their one special day to be about them.

Mine are 2 & 5. We celebrate their Birthdays on the actual day with just us and do a party with family for both. When they get older they will probably have separate big parties with friends and such!

Maybe its just me :woman_shrugging:t3: but they should be separate. Separate kids, separate ages, separate memories for them to look back on. My birthday is Christmas eve and it never got celebrated separate from Christmas and i always hated that. Your birthday (especially as a child) should feel special and your own. A day just for you.

Its not that you have to throw big elaborate parties for each kid but in the end they will appreciate your effort to give them both their own days

1 Like

Joint birthdays. That means they can go do or have something big :slight_smile: However we have 2 different birthdays cakes for them . Mine are 10 and 7 they like it.

I would do separate for special birthdays and joint for the others

My son’s birthday is March 13, 2019 and my nephew’s is March 6, 2020. We’re having a joined birthday :woman_shrugging:t2:

My birthday is October 11, 2000 and my brothers is September 7, 2001. We always had our birthday party the same day, even though they were a month apart, because we loved having one HUGE party, now we’re doing the same for our son’s :rofl::heart:

They are young enough to do combined. When the oldest gets older you should do separate but now its most likely family and a few friends. Id do combined but maybe incorporate two themes and definently two cakes

My 2 kids are both april babies daughter is the 3rd and son is the 23rd we r doing one big party gana b 3 and 7 years old

I would celebrate their birthday on their day with immediate family. Have a joint party in-between them.

I think if you throw a party a joint party is fine but then have separate family celebrations e.g. a special dinner for each of their birthdays and they choose what is for dinner etc.

I think together is fine for now. When they get older and start school, they should have separate ones so they can invite friends.

1 and 3 is totally fine to have a party together. They won’t care!
Maybe when they get older give them the choice!

They need their own special day.

For now together when older apart imo

2 Likes

While they are very little it won’t matter . But don’t do this for long . My sister and I have birthdays 5 days apart and we much preferred our own parties when we were big older .

1 Like

We have 2 May boys and do party together with their own personal, separate touches. They enjoy it so far cause they’re little. When they’re older they will have separate parties. Right now it’s saving tons of money and everyone can all get together once instead of twice, scheduling is hard for our families and friends so yeah!

When they’re that young, do them together. They’re not going to remember, and it’ll save you big time on money.

I personally think they’re to young to care but another problem I see is getting mostly the same crowd to come out 2 separate times in a month with how “busy” everyone seems to be lately.

My kids are Dec 10 and Dec 13, 8 and a 2 year old, for now we do same day.

We do cake with just household members separately on their actual birthdays. But then for family parties we combine. Ours are 5 & 3 and literally have their birthdays 4 days apart.

My boys are 5 years and only 5 days apart in May. So far we have had a joint birthday party for them. This year I asked my oldest if he wanted his own party & he chose to share it. His brother will be 3 & really doesn’t care at this age. Plus, it is easier for family to plan one birthday party.

I’ve known families who did one day so all family and friends could be there and what they did was the first part was for one kid with the cake and presents being opened and then awhile later they did the other kid cake and presents. It was easier for them with schedules, finances and whatnot. They had a boy and girl so like Mickey and minnie theme so it is easy to decorate

My daughter is dec 25th and my son is Jan 4th. I do separate parties.

Have an 8 and 9 year old both birthdays in February exactly two weeks apart. The first few years we 100% did joint birthday parties. They don’t care they just know the party is for them :joy::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: now if I tried to pull that now they would have a fit, they won’t even remember the first few birthdays :woman_shrugging:t2:

My boys share the same month we do party’s together

I okay with my kids. Some years they are okay with it and some years they want their own!

Yours are too little but when they are older. I say share for now! But separate cakes.

Do it while you can.

Seperate
Ive shared my birthday with twin older cousins (same bday as me) and ive shared because cousins/aunts/uncles had birthdays all within 2 weeks of each other and it sucked. It made me hate my birthday. I could understand if u have family traveling from out of state they couldnt come twice but can make that work. But as for friends and family here I wouldnt. Just like when they in school are u going to do a jpint party and invite classes over from both? No u would seperate. They are there own people and deserve their day. If they were twins same day party ok cool. But not when they are born apart like that. Its not fair.

For love of everything please give them separate parties. My parents made me and my sister share a party until I moved a way. We are 2 days from being exactly 4 years a part and it caused nothing but fights.

Don’t do it!! Separate parties for sure!! My boys are 20 days apart. We finally tried to have a joint party and my one son will never let me forget how “horrible” of an idea that was for him. :roll_eyes: :rofl: he also makes it clear he does not want to experience a shared birthday again

Same day otherwise all your families need to take a day out of their weekend two weeks in a row for the same purpose

When they are little, not such a big deal to share. But as they get older, separate is best imo

Don’t. My brothers birthday and mine are 2 weeks apart. We had the party in between. I got gifts a week after mine and he got his a week early.

I have 6 kids, and they all share a birthday month with a sibling. April 1st(11) April 2nd(13). September 8th(3) September 12th(9) and December 2nd(6) December 8th(12). When they were younger it was easier to just share parties but the older kids don’t want to share anymore they want there own separate parties.

My 2 youngest birthdays fall 1 week apart. They each get special time for their day, then we do a joint party until they no longer want it. They’re 5 years apart, it works out great for us!

Give them their own day I have 2 Granddaughters same Birthday 9-11 always give them their own Birthday party

I say joint as they are so young. But as they get older then they will want their own days

1 Like

Give them a day each. Its important to mark the day each its the only occasion that belongs to one personally.

2 Likes

Older they get they can have separate :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Seperate. They both should enjoy a day each.

My kids are the 21st and 30th of the same month, I always have their birthday together

Currently too young to care. Do them together now then separate once they’re in school with friends to invite.

I have one on 3rd and 7th always did them separately so they could enjoy their day.

Mine and my sisters birthdays are 6 days apart, there was a few times we done joint as kids and I hated it. Birthdays are special days. Yes they are too young to notice at the moment but I would always celebrate separately.

Hate shared birthday parties they made me really sad when I still had parties

My brothers birthday is september 14 and mine is 15
Some of my fondest memories are our shared parties .
So much so that we wanted to do it again this year

I have one 16th of may and 31st of may and they always had joint parties until they were teenagers. And I also have 20th January and 1st feb they always shared birthday parties too until they were teenagers (they are all grown now) and My youngest ones are 3 & 4 and their birthdays are 7th February and 14th February and they will share parties too until they get older.

While they are small its perfectly ok for them to share a birthday party day just make it a different day to their birthdays so they still have their own birthday and just share a party. Although as they get older I wouldn’t continue to do it

I do their parties together but two separate theme and cakes because my son is June 27 daughter is June 28

I have 3 kiddos in June. 1st June 21, 2nd June 28, 3rd June 16.3 seperate names,cakes. We do share in one event. But we make sure that the day of his/her bday they have their own cake, and a birthday privilages all day (no house chores,games all they want, they can request the meal they want, rest all day!,gifts).:heart::heart::heart:

I’ve got 2 8 days apart we make their actual day special wiv just our household then do a party in the middle joint for other family and friends x

I think while they are small and don’t care about separate days, you could get away with doing them both the same day. I think as they get older, you should do them separately since they will have different interests and personalities one day

Separate days. It’s their day. Unless you had twins then it’s different

My two youngest have birthdays 10 days apart. I did their parties together for a few years. Until they were old enough to ask for their own.

I would do the same day now that they are little, they would probably have fun. Then once they get older give them their separate days. My kids are the 15th and the 21st of the same month and just recently started doing separate parties because one turned 13.

They were born two different days different years they should have their own parties. My son and one of his cousins are 11/1 & 11/2 (4 years apart) and they get their own parties. I don’t believe in joint parties unless the kids ask for it to be joint

My two had separate party’s until one was 21 yrs and the other was 18 yrs two wks between birthdays then did a joint one

Seperate days 100 per cent had the same thing 2 in one month but always seperate birthdays its there day to be special xx

I’m a twin so we always had a party together but they made it special for each of us. We both had a cake and decorations. They were usually the same theme but different colors.

I agree with you husband they should have their own day to be celebrated not lumped together

My brother and I have Birthdays in same month we always celebrated together was fun when we were young but as we got older it I hated it we always shared a cake I would at least it 2 cakes they are young but as they get older I would do separate

Me and my brother are a year and 1 day apart. I’m Dec 2nd and he’s the 3rd. We shared alot of birthdays. I don’t want to say I hated it but I did enjoy the years that I had my own separate party more.

My 2 are 9 days apart and when they were young they shared a party but as they hot older they had their own.

I have 3 kiddos within 6 weeks and I do them all together, my girls like it and my families are so big but I do a kids party separate and do something special for their actual birthday…

My kids birthdays are 2 days apart. When they were little we absolutely did a joint party with 2 separate cakes. Once they were in school we started doing a joint party for family and then 2 separate parties with friends. It makes the most sense and the kids dont care they are just happy to be celebrated with cake and presents!

While they are young its fine but as they get old enough to understand then give them their own day

They should have their own birthday party.

Both my kids are born in august. I’ve always had 2 separate birthday parties except for one year. Around my daughter’s birthday there was hand and foot illness going around so I cancelled hers and instead had a joint party for both at the end of August.

When they’re little its fine. Its when they’re older they’ll realize they won’t want to share birthdays lol

To young to care for sure.

Celebrate them each on their own day such as a special dinner and cupcakes then do a party together.

At that age, they truly won’t know the difference. Once they start reaching the age of being able to invite friends, it’s easier and special to the kids to have their own.

1 Like

My kids are 2 and 4 and 20th and 31st of the same month, we have been doing one big party for the 2 birthdays but on their own day, they get a little something to celebrate them individually.

2 Likes

My kids birthdays are in the same week. They shared a birthday until my son turned 13. Him and his sister are very close and share some of the same friends so it made sense. :woman_shrugging:

My 4 and 6 year olds birthdays are two weeks apart and we have the party together,my 9 and 7 year olds are one day apart and we have them together.the oldest two actually want them together but they are super close as siblings

When they r little do them together

Mine 2 oldest are may 2nd & may 17th, a year apart.
Up until around the year that they turned 7 & 8, they shared a birthday party. I picked usually a weekend in between their birthdays and had them a joint party. Sometimes with separate cakes, sometimes with one cake with both their names and ages on them. It worked out especially when they were little they loved sharing their special day with each other.
Now that they’ve gotten older, I give them sperate birthday parties and it’s worked for us.

Separate. They should both get to have their own day.

Me and my sis did joint all the time had 2 different cakes tho

1 Like

A cake for each on the birthday. Make the day special. Together party is fine for now

1 Like

I have three with birthdays in the same month. I do one party for family and close friends. And then on their actual birthday we take only the birthday child out for dinner and then out to pick out a gift and then an activity they want to do. So it’s mom dad and 1 child.

When mine were under 5 we did separate family parties for each but a joint friends one because they had the same friends before school age. Now they have separate ones now that they are school age with different friends

Right now they are young so if money is an issue have them together but as they get older Def have them separately

One big party!!! They are WAY too young to completely bypass the party, all the fun, presents etc. To even understand that it’s for both of them. My sister and 1, are a week apart (7 years but same month) I only remember my 7th/8th bday that I shared with her and it still is my favorite birthday memory!

I would do it together until they want it separate. My girls have bdays 3 weeks apart and my boys 2 weeks so I did combined bdays until they say they want their own :woman_shrugging:t3:

I would do same day until they are a little older and then do separate parties :tada: parties are expensive

Share them for now because it’s easier on Mama, be prepared to split them up when they’re older depending on their preference. Good luck!

Shred birthday’s are fine now. When they get older and have different interests and friend is when it changes. I have 2 daughters who’s birthday’s are 2 days apart. They stopped having mutual parties when the older one turned 11. It wasn’t cool anymore

I have 2 siblings who were all have the same birthday month and I never have had my own party and always wish I had

Mine share a month too, September 10th and 14th! Yes I have definitely done joint parties, then individual gifts and treats (in moderation) on each actual day for each individual child.

Way to young to care. When they get older and have their own friends then you can separate. It’s much easier for you all and fun for kids to have one giant party.

1 Like

My sister and I have birthdays a week apart. We always celebrated together. We live 4 hours apart now and we still meet halfway to celebrate together when we can. (I’m 29, shes 27)

Ok I have a sort of experience with this. My birthday falls on or around Easter every year. I remember having birthday cakes at the family Easter celebration since everyone was already together anyway. Not always but often enough to the point that when I had kids I layed down law :joy: there will be no joint anything with a holiday. I had so many bunny cakes growing up I cringe when I see them. My oldest was born 3/18 when we got the due date I made my husband promise no shamrock/leprechaun anything!

1 Like

At that age I think it can be done together with 2 separate cakes/cupcakes/whatever and 2 different songs. As they get older, separate would be better. We often have a big family party at somepoint and do ALL bdays but that wouldn’t be the kids real bday party or cake so… it is more of an addition once the extended family can all get together.