Would you let your 14 year old go on a date?

Would you be okay with your 14 year old son going on a “date” with a girl from school? he asked me if he could take this girl from school out on a date but idk how i feel about it…is he not to young to date?

54 Likes

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Would you let your 14 year old go on a date?

I was ok with it once my daughter turned 16. Also, the boy had to be her age.

2 Likes

Yeah but with me there :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I started dating when I was 14. I’ve known people started to date younger than that. :woman_shrugging:

It’s entirely up to you and him.

5 Likes

My mom let me and my boyfriend go on a date we were 14 so she I had to drive us there and then her and my brother sat on the other side of the restaurant and ate

1 Like

Not without supervision!

7 Likes

If it was a dinner and a movie I would be there but a couple tables/ rows away where they could have their privacy but close enough for mama to watch

3 Likes

It depends on what the date is. Like if it is to the movies and you are going to take them and pick them up…I don;'t see anything wrong with that. or roller skating… or just something appropriate for the age and not a lot of seclusion.

25 Likes

Sure !!! I think that is a good sign that he is asking you for permission, most kids at that age think that they can do as they please, I will make sure that the girl’s parents also know about the date , you can drive them to the place they are going and pick them up.

12 Likes

I was a freshman when I was 14… I think that’s an appropriate age to start dating. And I think the fact he asked and was being respectful and not trying to lie to you to hang out with a girl proves he can handle going on a date with someone the same age as him!

14 Likes

I would talk to the parents of the girl. Wouldn’t let my 14 year old daughter go on a date so…

8 Likes

Like 14 a group thing with friends and a “girlfriend,” but nah, I tell my son he can date when he has date money :joy: funny how fast he got a job.

2 Likes

I wasn’t allowed to date till I was 16 (I think I was 15 when I had my first bf. Parents ok it) but we just hung out and with groups of friends always.(I couldn’t date alone till I was 16) I was a decently good kid. (I drank boy did I drink at like 10-20 but that’s a different story) I wasn’t bumping uglies or anything like that and mine knew that.

Maybe you can set the date up for them. A fun activity. You’re lucky he’s comfortable coming to you about this. :heart: let him go for it! As long as it’s harmless. I know you’re in charge but he has a voice too. At 14 I was in puppy love too :joy: it’s normal.

4 Likes

A hangout sesh like something super fun sure. Something like a movie date alone or dinners probably not. I’d let the kid eat at our our, but kids grow up too quickly as is I just want to push not prioritizing relationships at a young age like I did.

At 14 and he asked I think that is pretty responsible. I would be there on the sideline but we have to allow them to make those choices. The choice of the date could also be discussed by the girls parents also.

12 Likes

My 9 year old wanted to take his girlfriend to dinner and a movie…I let him. We picked up flowers, picked her up, went to a restaurant (I sat at a different table but where I could see them), then went to the movies (I sat away from them but where I could see them). He paid for the movie with his allowance…I paid for their dinner.

16 Likes

My 14 yr old has been on several supervised dates. As long as you have taught your son how to act then it shouldn’t be a problem.

6 Likes

He trusted you
That’s why he went to you
I think that’s very responsible and mature of him
But only you knows your son and his behavior
Maybe give him the talk and trust him

6 Likes

Yes, I drove them both to the movies and that’s all the did.

1 Like

At 14 I started going out with my boyfriend. 27 now and been together 13 years. I’d say why not :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Yes , just set boundaries and clearly communicate. If you are unreasonable they will stop comming to you

4 Likes

Yes because if you don’t you are going to have a child who doesn’t trust you and will hide from you. Teenagers are going to date. Telling them no doesn’t change it.

3 Likes

Yes I would . Going to start trusting that sometime if you can’t trust them now when are you going to trust them? That’s when they make a mistake is when you stop trusting them and you change how things are so they understand what’s right and what’s wrong.

1 Like

I was going on dates at 13, my 1st real bf lasted 3yrs.
I allowed my oldest to go on dates her freshman year. We live in the country so we picked him up. They had dinner at a table, I ate in the bar where I could keep an eye on them. I dropped them off at the mall/ movies. Told them to call me when they were done. I went to the gym, windows into the mall the whole length of the gym.

4 Likes

Met my soul mate at 14! We went on a date of course his parents drove. July 8 will be 30 years for us. So young love does exist!

8 Likes

I’d let them go on a date.

1 Like

I think it depends on the child. My 14 year old has a girlfriend and they have been on dates he’ll be 15 in August and he is a very well behaved mature teenager.

4 Likes

Very respectful that he came to you and asked such a gentleman

5 Likes

Yes, but depending on the date the date type if I would be there…cause I know what I was doing at 14 :upside_down_face:

You are the parent! And each child is different.
In my opinion you know your kid best and know if they are mature enough ect. To start ‘dating’

4 Likes

Yes, drive them and pick them up.

2 Likes

Look at it from this perspective … you have one little dick to worry about we have 35 dicks to worry about!! 

Yes. Just give him the talk and talk to him about how to safely have sex. Such as condoms and dental dams. (Condoms for oral sex). Because at the end of the day they are teenagers and will want to experiment with sex. So it’s better to have that talk so they don’t end up pregnant or teen parents. Not saying it’s a bad thing but just so they know the “consequences” of unprotected sex. Also it’s a good idea to talk to him that condoms aren’t always 100% protective. That’s how I ended up pregnant. (Lost due to miscarriage). Another thing is the only way to protect against pregnancy is not to have sex but as humans, that’s not always possible. But it’s safer to have that talk with him so when it does happen he’s not surprised or shocked when it does happen.

I couldn’t date till I was 16. I also had to be doing well in school as well or I couldn’t date. Any younger and it had to be a group of us chaperoned by an adult.

No I would go with them

I think he’s a little bit young. The rule of thumb is usually 16 for dating.

When I first heard about Bitcoin, I thought it was impossible. How can you have a purely digital currency? Can’t I just copy your hard drive and have your bitcoins? I didn’t understand how that could be done, and then I looked into it and it was brilliant. I do invest with Mrs Elizabeth James if you want to invest you can kindly clink on the link below to contact my mentor :point_down: :point_down:

Let him go the fact he’s discussed it with you shows maturity. Offer to take them somewhere if you drive and pick them up x

6 Likes

Searching for a way to make money online has not been an easy journey for me. With so many trails and errors i went as far as collecting loan for investment but i am so grateful that all my debts has been finally paid off thanks to Mrs Elizabeth James Avoid scammers and trade/mine bitcoins with a genuine account manager with Mrs

Crypto is the greatest investment to be made by anyone. Thanks to Mrs Elizabeth James I saw my payment In my wallet today thank you so much :heart::heart::heart::heart:

I would say either he can go on group dates, chaperone dates, or he could have a “date” at home while you are in your bedroom, such as order in food and they can watch a movie. But it also depends on his maturity. Have you guys had the consent talk? The sex talk? Protection talk? Is he open and honest with you, or is he more likely to hide things or lie? Either way the fact that he asked instead of lying is a great first step, so I would try to at least compromise

Sharing is caring that’s why I taught I should let you know about Mrs Elizabeth James, bitcoin company, I think good work deserves good recommended check out no pressure
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Yes, my daughter was 14 when she started dating her boyfriend. It is innocent and fun.

I don’t think he is :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

I would say no but that’s me.

Yes I would. They will hang out at school and such anyways so let them go hang out somewhere together in their free time. It’s harmless … just don’t have their date in a closed bedroom. You could always pick them up and drop off somewhere or whatever too :woman_shrugging:

I am so lucky to invest with Mrs Elizabeth James this is the only account manager I’ve seen to be legit and also keeps to her words, I don’t really know if there are others out there. But I can tell you since i started investing with her I’ve been benefitting from her platform a lot. You can contact her and make your own profit, message her on the link below :point_down::point_down::point_down:

It all depends on your comfortability. But to be 100% honest with you, if kids want to date or do things…well…It really ain’t that hard to do it behind your back…church, school, park… doesn’t matter…JS. if you trust them, let them.

6 Likes

Learning about crypto investment is a lucrative skill one can have, it gives you the privilege to see into the future and act towards it. It’s really amazing how it works, I was able to generate enough cash flow from my crypto investment. Reach out to Mrs Elizabeth James for more inquiries.
Contact her via the link below​:point_down::point_down::point_down:

If he is a good student and you trust him to not become a love sick teenager where his grades begin dropping because ALL he could think about is the girl more than his studies, then I would let him take her out, if you’re having mixed feelings maybe suggest driving them…
if he had any ill intentions on doing something he knows you’d never allow or approve of, he would have never brought it up to you, instead he would’ve more than likely been asking you if he could “go out with a couple of his boys” on that night or would’ve asked permission to do something else that he knew you’d be okay with…

Also, when I was a teenager and would ask my parents to do something and got the big hell no; I would start thinking of ways I could go anyway and just ask them if I could go and do something else that I knew they’d let me do and then I’d try to sneak around and still go and do what I had originally wanted too… Just remember; super strict parents, make super sneaky teens…

If you allow him to date rather than forbid it- the higher the chance of them hanging out under your supervision… if they have to end up sneaking around just to see one another the bigger the issues you’ll have…

I think it depends on the kids. My daughter is 13 and couldn’t care less about boys. She has a group of friends she hangs out with. They do group things together often. One friend is a boy that lives close. He comes over often, but it’s more like a brother sister relationship. We have told her she can group date now, and once she’s 16 we would allow her to go on one on one dates. But again, she shows no interest in dating. Right now they are all just “boy buds”.

i just found out my 14 year old has a boyfriend , for about a month now . i guess the only way to be is proactive with it otherwise they will do it behind our backs . i’m taking them tomorrow to the fair for a first date. i contacted the boys parents and we discussed not leaving them unsupervised, monitoring their phones , etc . the more we try to stop it , the more the fight it . i remember being a teen. and i know how i was as a teen girl with a crush or bf .it’s scary but sometimes we have to trust their decisions as they grow . we have to still guide them but still let them earn decision making with proven responsibility.

1 Like

I have been searching online a long time ago trying to get an income earning opportunity, but I only managed to run into different fake traders who never returned my profits until I met mrs ElizabethJames. I was convinced by her trade strategies especially after seeing lot of testimony about her. I have enjoyed a number of successful trades with her platform already and I can recommend her platform to everyone free free to contact her.:point_down:

l get paid over $137 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19190 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption613.pages.dev/

Meet her first meet her family and then decide also date will have to be chaperoned. You can watch from a distance without introducing. It is nice that he would ask you first maybe have him ask her mom and dad if it’s ok to take their daughter out before just taking her. Give it a shot your son sounds like a mature young man

5 Likes

If you as his mom is not comfortable then let him wait till his older, doesn’t matter what anyone says it what u feel is right for ur child

2 Likes

My husband and I started dating at 14. Our parents would take turns dropping us off and picking us up at the mall, movies, etc. or we’d just hang out at each other’s house watching movies or playing games. That was 20 years ago!

6 Likes

l get paid over $137 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $19190 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Go to This. https://AmazingOption643.pages.dev/

1 Like

At 14 they’re old enough to start being interested in dating, and also to sneak around and see her anyway if you say no. It’s sweet that he asked. If you’re uncomfortable with it now is the time for a heart to heart about why, but if kids want to see each other they’ll find a way and it’s better to talk about the risks ahead of time than to deal with consequences later. Maybe have her over for dinner to all meet so you can get to know her while maintaining supervision ?

8 Likes

If you trust him I would absolutely let him!!

of course! met my husband at 14! still together 17 years later.

3 Likes

I think that is sweet. He’s sounding like a little gentleman. He’s a young man and I would absolutely let him. My son is also 14 and personally I would encourage this behavior if he showed an interest as dating in today’s world is rare.

Yes I would allow him, he came to you and asked first, which is very respectful. Many teens date in high school.

4 Likes

I have a 13 year old daughter and I can’t see myself being anywhere near comfortable enough for her to date in the next year. I’d say a group setting only for now.

When you allow your children to date is a parents individual decision. I have an almost 14 year old son and he has a girlfriend. They usually hang out in a group and go to the park up the road from our house or skating. We told him that if he wants to go on a date date, that we need to meet her parents (and her parents need to meet us) and we told him that if they want to go to dinner or a movie, we would take them. He has to work around the house to earn money to take her and we will be there as well. Not sitting with them, but the same restaurant or movie.

1 Like

If he is open and honest with you now About how he is feeling and his intentions than don’t ruin that by telling him no. Kids are gonna find a way, so it’s better that we can control the situation while letting them think they are getting their way. My son is 13 and what he considers dating is harmless. He tells me about every girl, I know their names, what they do how often they talk. Do your best to be supportive don’t hinder him, but use this situation as a teaching Opportunity about how to treat women, About No is no, about How he should have self-esteem and not let himself get taken advantage of. Teaching him now that most women are crazy. You can really use this to your advantage to bond with him, and guide him the right way. 

2 Likes

I think it’s amazing that he came to you and asked🙂. I was 12 or 11 when I had my first bf and was going on dates. (14yrs later I still have a Burger King crown from one lol)If you say no it could cause him to sneak around and do it.

I mean the fact that he asked you says a lot about him, to me. But that’s all I can speak on since I don’t know you personally. I feel if my son were to come to me and ask as long as it was a public place and not them sneaking off somewhere, I’d be okay with it. But ask me again in 7 years when he’s 14. :rofl::rofl:

If you meet the girls parents and they agree then maybe something like going to a movie or walking around the mall to shop I could see being allowed. But they would need tonbe supervised imo. Have a parent who is in the same theater or also at the mall or whatever

Not No but Hell NO. That is way to young unless you are talking about going with them, sitting with them etc. This is the time to allow the boy over in your presents only. See how they enter act. Do they sit to close, hug on each other. Then teach your daughter how to act and be respected. 14 is way to young to be alone with a boy regardless of his age

I actually let my daughter go on a date when she was 12. It was all very innocent. A boy that she was in school, and played fortnite with asked her out to lunch. She was not interested in him as anything more than a friend. She made it clear to him several times. We ended up meeting him and his parents at a restaurant. We all sat at separate tables, with the kids being in the booth between us. They played pool, listened to some music and ate their meals. He even paid the bill on his own. It was honestly the most adorable thing. I was very hesitant at first, but am so glad she had that experience. He was polite and respectful. She’s now 14, and It’s the only date she’s ever been on.

4 Likes

I’m very happy to see myself among those people testifying about Mrs Elizabeth James , how she helped us earn huge amount of money from home through trading, I never believe it before till I received my profits successfully it. was like a dream.i made my first withdrawals completely.if you are interested to earned from home, kindly click the name for more information
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Sometimes in life you have to do what you’re afraid of doing because it might turn out to be the best decision, trading has never serve me right until I came across ma’am Elizabeth James who changed my life for better, ever since I started investing in her platform, I no longer have financial issues, thank you very much,
contact her to get started
:point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down::point_down:

Good to be part of the winning team. I actually didn’t believe any post online referring to binary options. I was so convinced after different testimonies about Mrs Elizabeth James she’s trustworthy,she gave me easy procedures, nice strategies and now my profits are massive, I invested and I received my profit contact her on Facebook by clicking on her Link :link::paperclips: below :point_down::point_down::point_down:

Go to This. https://AmazingOption728.pages.dev/

This is one of my greatest achievement in my life since I started investing Wow! Mrs Elizabeth James you’re the best that I have ever came across as an expert trader you have turn my entire life around for good all thank to Mrs Elizabeth James appreciate your trading contact her

I have a 14 year old daughter and she is not allowed to have a boyfriend or go on dates.

It has been so exciting since I started investing with Mrs Elizabeth James the best in terms of trading . Because what other managers can’t do, she does it better and she always keep to her words. At first when I wanted to invest with her I was so afraid, but I never knew I was close to my success.God Bless you Mrs Elizabeth James for being a blessing to me. Contact her with her profile…via link

If I enjoy this privilege all alone it shows how ungrateful I’m because I got this opportunity from a post here as well and saw recommendations too.All thanks to the good work of Mrs Elizabeth James i
Follow this Link to message her on facebook.

Yes but a “daytime” date.

After successfully 5 days of Trading with
Mrs Elizabeth James and I withdraw my profits I made a promise to her that I’m gonna share the good news to people mostly the US .if u’re looking for an account manger I’ll urge you to contact ma’am Elizabeth James she’s one of the best regarding to trade
Contact her through the name below

A daytime date with an adult somewhere near by.
Like take them to a local Mexican restaurant and you go sit at the bar and like catch up on some reading or whatever while they have a nice lunch.

3 Likes

I let my son go on dates at 14… mostly just going to the movies. If you tell him no. You risk him going behind your back to do it. And then him not taking to you about things that matter to him. My daughter started dating her bf when she was 14… (she did ask first) 2.5 years later they are still together. She will be 17 in a couple weeks heading into her senior year of high school, and he just left for 18 months in his trade school. You’d be surprised how much they communicate everything to you if you support them.

9 Likes

You and your significant other go on a date too. If they go to the movies sit a couple of rows back if they go to dinner sit at separate tables. I remember my parents going on a double date with me and my date in 8th grade.

3 Likes

I would but I’d stay close by

Depends. Will there be an adult present? My daughter just turned 15, and I wouldn’t unless a parent was there.

Absolutely. Right now is how you build a trusting relationship with your son. The more trust you give him the more willing he’s going to be to come talk to you about things in his life.

I started dating my husband at the age of 14 and here we are 16 years later happily married!

Talk to her parents and make sure they know what’s going on. Pick a public place for them to go and have an agreed upon pick up time

4 Likes

I took mine and they could meet them go to the movies or a dance but I took them home

Let them go to a movie or to a restaurant wouldn’t hurt

I chaperoned many dates for my younger sister growing up. The first was at 14. I think it all really depends on how mature you think they are. I am the oldest and wasn’t allowed to date until I was 16.

Hes in high-school

Just have a talk about boundaries first

Yes had dates myself at 14 got to trust your kids

1 Like

Bowling would be a good date

1 Like

of course! my oldest son is 13. he has a “friend.” (to be fair, her dad and i grew up together!) :joy: they go to the movies and to the park a lot. he buys her ticket and popcorn at the movies and at the park he usually gets her a snowball or a lemonade. it’s been this way.

1 Like

Go with them … chaperone…sit separately from them at the movies…hormones at that age…not really good for them to be alone at that age…

2 Likes

I would not let them date.
Yes they could be Friends and that’s all.
Not go by themselves.
They are still very young