A child on the bus called my daughter a bad word: What can I do?

Have you heard kids on a bus? My daughter has called me a few times from the bus. It’s terrible! One bus driver can’t control X amount kids. I even said something to the principal.

Many schools are pro bully I’ve noticed. Talk to a lawyer and see if you can sue the school for not stepping in and taking action

1 Like

Teach your child how to react. They can control their emotions and their reactions, you can’t control others actions

5 Likes

How old is your child? It’s never too early to talk to her about bullying, and its an unfortunate part of schooling. Go over some ideas for her to deal with it when someone calls her a bad name, or how to ignore it. If the school isn’t going to do anything about it, she will need to know what to do if that happens again. Maybe see if she can carpool with another student to drop off?

It happens and it will happen again. Hate to be the bearer of bad news but kids are mean snd they do stuff like this unfortunately

Tell the school? Not much to do. Kids are mean…

if the school will not or cannot do anything try pulling your child out of school and do home schooling

Tell her to sit by the bus driver.

2 Likes

Teach your daughter words are words. Brush them off. Ignore it. When words get to a certain extent then I would tell the school ect. As far as the kicking. Tell her to stick up for herself and cause a scene to make him look like a fool. She has to learn self defense. Otherwise sadly now a days bullying won’t stop.

4 Likes

Teach your child how to deal with that situation, because regardless of what you try to do. The school can’t really control the kids mouths. Some of these kids you would be surprised what they see and hear all day in their own homes…… sad

3 Likes

Home school her if u think that word is horrible honey kids today think FU is a normal thing to say this world is much different than it was yrs ago

You are not overreacting, this behavior is considered acceptable from boys who have mom’s who don’t care how their son treats girls, it’s toxic and your child doesn’t deserve to be spoken to in that way, schools don’t care so you need to get her to record his behavior as proof and get a lawyer

Teach her next time to turn around and hit them in the face. Then be like “this B just beat your ass. Want another?” Lmfaooo!! Jk jk

find out who the parent is n kindly go to the parent n than if nothing is done show ur momma bear in you

You must teach your child to cope with these things. They will happen in life. Teach her HOW TO REACT vs sheltering. She wont learn from that. Remember, our goal as parents is to send them out confident/ready for life. Sheltering this much teaches her nothing about life

17 Likes

Your daughter needs to stand up for herself…. If a child called my daughter a bitch she would probably laugh because she knows words are just that. Bully’s thrive from getting negative attention so you making a big deal over this is only going to make it worse in my experience of bullies. Also would be a lot easier if everyone knew the ages and the whole situation of what happened.

When my daughter comes to me because her younger brother says something that hurts her feelings- the first thing I always ask her is, “Is it true?” For instance: “Bubba said he doesn’t like me.” “Is it true? Do you really think Bubba doesn’t like you? Or do you think he was just saying that because he was mad or trying to make you mad?”

Teach her to believe in herself. She WILL be called that again- and more. It’s important that she is confident in herself to let it roll off. I had a guy call me a stup¡d (unt last night. Is it true? Nope. So I didn’t let it bother me. Sometimes people, even people you’re close to, will say thing to you JUST to hurt you- not because they’re true.

5 Likes

Honestly, nothing. This has happened to my daughter a few times on the bus. I have to just teacher her how to properly deal with those kinds of people and actions, because sadly it’s only going to progress.

1 Like

Tell your daughter to move seats. Have her tell the bus driver and he can make sure they are not sitting close together

You will have to take her to school and pick her up.

1 Like

Can call the bus ppl or the school n complain there r cameras n video on most buses now days

Bullies exist. Don’t want ANY conflict in your child’s life? Homeschool. Public school systems never do anything about bullying.

Put her in Taekwondo so when boys are boys she can teach him a lesson LOL

4 Likes

I’ve had this happen a few times. My kid was in kindergarten and someone called him a bitch and the n word. I went right up to the kid and asked him to repeat to me what he’s calling my kid. I then asked him where his mom was and he took off and never bothered my kid. My middle son had a kid taking his cellphone from his backpack and hooking him by his neck from behind. I told my son to firmly tell him to stop, the kid began again the next day so I went down to the bus stop and told the little boy if he puts his hands on my child again or his belonging ill put my hands on him. Ended that issue right there.

l get paid over $197 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18951 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning248.pages.dev/

My son’s school emailed me bc my son called a group of girls the b word and were throwing rocks at them. My son said the girls started making fun of him (and they do on a regular basis) and then they threw the first rock. No one backed my son(again he said everyone was picking on him). School didn’t believe him, but his crying at home about hating school and never wanting to go back is not normal for him. Later that same day, one of the bully girls shows up at my doorstep, at our house with attitude. So I emailed the school and told them that he is OBVIOUSLY being bullied bc I witnessed it at my home. A meeting later between kids and teacher it is supposedly “fixed”. We will see.

1 Like

There are no bad words/cuss words only adult words in our house. Teach your daughter to ignore that kid ask to be moved on the bus. Teach your child how to deal with people like that.

8 Likes

Kids learn those words from their home or from their friends who learned them at home. When my daughter was 6 she was mad at her brother and called him the F word on her blackboard. I went ballistic and asked why she would use that word, and she said she saw it on the side of a building, and didn’t know how to spell PIG! I taught her!

Kids are mean. Teach her to stand up for herself. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Eliminate the school and deal with it parent to parent

My mom always told me .sticks ans stones my bones but WORDS will never hurt me… people grow up to become real pussys.

You teach her to ignore it or drive her yourself. There will always be a bully. If we got upset every time someone called us a bad word we’d live in a hole.

5 Likes

Teach your child not to react every time someone calls her a name, just to ignore those types, she will be better off, if she reacts that’s what they are looking for, you can’t feed this type of negative behavior! It will not be the last time she is called a name, and the boy did no physical harm!! The school, I’m sure is super busy dealing with ’ bigger’ things!! There is not any way to control what others do…but you can control how you react to what others say, or do!!

2 Likes

Teach her to toughen up buttercup!

6 Likes

Id b more worried about guns than words.

7 Likes

Talk to the bus driver and have her seat changed? Kids are assholes and stuff like that is always going to happen…. That’s the world we live in now. Words don’t mean anything until YOU give them power. Help her build her confidence so high that stuff like that won’t bother her and teach her to stand up for herself in those situations because stuff like that will happen through adulthood too. That stuff is what being a parent is about…teaching your kids to live and function in this shitty world.

Was tgere no bus monitor?
In tge meantime, you should go to tge school and to his parents. Curse words are never a good thing for children to get used to saying.

Teach her to defend herself and be assertive.

2 Likes

I thought all buses had cameras

2 Likes

All you can really do is contact the school then make sure YOUR child knows these words are wrong and teach her how to ignore them and the person who speaks that garbage.

2 Likes

We were taught to grow skin. Sticks and stones would break our bones, but names would never hurt us. It was free speech back in the day. Today, parents have a choice, either tolerate it, or move on to a new school or home school. The nuns would whoop your kid’s butts with a ruler or some other way to make a point. Public schools used the paddle for disobeying. But now spare the rod, you got spoiled children which is evident by all the rude whiney adults in the world today.

Busses have cameras call the transport and ask for the video to be pulled

1 Like

Teach her to fight back, verbally. A bully bullies because he thinks you’re weak. Fight back. I’m sorry but I told my kids don’t start a fight but be damn sure you finish it.

Why not tell the bus driver. It happened on his bus.if driver don’t do nothing. Than it’s to the man that’s over the busses…than you go to the superintendent of schools

Excellent opportunity for education here mama. Words have no power unless you give them power. You cannot control what others do, only how you respond to it.

3 Likes

It’s the bus. There’s not really anything you can do. Teach your daughter to have thicker skin without being cruel

3 Likes

Teach your kid not to let other people’s words affect them. You can’t control what other people do.

7 Likes

Only the parents can prevent it,what they hear is what they say

You cannot bubble wrap you child. Raise her to have thick skin, In life there will be times when someone is rude mean cruel or disrespectful, you can’t always run to her rescue and not stand for it, it’s part of life. And not all cameras have audio only video. I get wanting to defend your child but they also need to know when to shrug it off and March forward with life.

It’s only words so they usually won’t do anything have you never heard of saying sticks and stones may break my bones but names will never hurt me you should teach to your child

5 Likes

Chill out and teach your daughter that you can’t control what others do or say, you can only control how you react. You can teach her to assert herself in the moment. Teach her to stand up and say loudly "stop kicking my seat! " "Stop saying bad words.’ “Leave me alone.” Etc. Heck, teach her to fight back even.

14 Likes

Teach her even more vulgar words to say back?

4 Likes

The bus should have cameras on it, if the school department doesn’t do anything about it then teach your daughter to defend herself because bullying only gets worse, never better. Last year a little girl (my daughter was only in kindergarten) was bullying her and refused to let her in the bathroom stall my daughter peed herself she was so scared and when she finally got into the stall the little girl held the door shut and wouldn’t let her out, she had to crawl under the the stall to get out. That whole time the teacher never noticed how long my daughter was missing in her classroom and “didn’t notice” she came back to the class crying and soaked in urine… which she had to sit in the whole day till she came home. The school department tried to shame me and TOLD ME that I need to work on better communication skills with my daughter so if it happens again (can you believe they said if it happens again?) that she’d be more willing to tell her teacher. My response was “No I’ll tell you what’s really gonna happen you’re gonna make sure their never in the same classroom again and IF this happens again my daughter will not only not be punished but rewarded if she defends herself and hits that girl back” :woman_shrugging: Kids are committing suicide now a days because bullying has become so severe. I’m the type of mom that will take my daughter out for ice-cream if she gets suspended for hitting someone who was bullying her :clap:t2:

4 Likes

l get paid over $197 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $18951 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://amazingearning280.pages.dev/

Just communicate through email. Leave a trail everytime it happens. Keep going higher up. If the principal doesn’t do anything, go to the superintendent. Ask for her seat to be moved. Communicate EVERYTHING in writing

4 Likes

Ask for a different seat assignment. Close to the driver.

5 Likes

This is where I would meet that little punk right at the bus stop where he gets of and blast him. :loudspeaker::boom: and tell him to run home and tell his momma she did not raise him the right way!

5 Likes

Unchecked bullying destroys children. Woke school boards, administrations, staff, and teachers turn a blind eye and are responsible fir the outcomes. Adolescent, teen, and young adult suicides and school shootings result from unchecked bullying. Every child deserves to go to school and not fear their bullying peers.

1 Like

I don’t think a child being traumatized is funny. I bet all you jokesters with your laughing emojis were and still are bullies. Cowards the lot of you

9 Likes

Simmer down and buckle up! It was only the B word LMFAO grow up

9 Likes

Is there a bus monitor? Talk to them! Otherwise talk to the driver so he can make a general announcement about that kind of behavior to all the kids.
My husband talked to the bus driver once and went inside the bus for a couple of seconds and told all the kids that he didn’t want to know of kids bullying each other and especially picking on the little ones in the bus and then the driver told the kids that if he heard a single complain about their behavior again he was going to talk to those kids parents. It helped a lot….

2 Likes

Look, it doesn’t make it right but it’s gonna happen A LOT. Best thing you can do is teach your daughter to stick up for herself because honestly the world is an awful place & she will come across much worse than that

14 Likes

Just have your child sit somewhere far away from that child. If he does it again then contact the school and let them know what’s going on. Also, have your child tell him if he does it again that you will talk to his parents and I’m sure he won’t do it again……

1 Like

Teach her to defend herself. When my daughter was 3 or 4 she rode the bus. It was only for preschool kids. She came home with a scrape down her face. Said a boy did it. I looked at the bus monitor and she said she moved the boy. I told her I didn’t ever want him by her again. The next evening he was sitting beside her. She told me he wouldn’t leave her alone so she kicked him and got in trouble. This was two weeks after school started. I told the bus driver she wasn’t riding anymore. I took my kids to school and picked them up. We moved at the end of the year. I love the school they are at now. But I still take them and pick them up. Thank goodness I only live about 4 mins from the school.

Teach your kid to have thicker skin than you

8 Likes

Talk to the bus driver and maybe even go to the school district if her school is not doing anything

go to GOD in prayer he will fight your battle an protect your daughter during the process

2 Likes

Tell her not to let words hurt her :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

If the bus monitor or driver didn’t hear it or other kids on the bus step up and say something. (The school would of asked and would of asked other kids on the bus). Then it’s her word against his and honestly there isn’t much the school can do then.

2 Likes

Teach her to deal with it, that’s the best thing you can do honestly. It’s a lesson.

1 Like

If this is a “one and done” situation, shake it off and talk your daughter. If she’s being bullied and the school won’t do anything about it, go to the principal’s office in person and talk to them. If they still won’t do anything, advise them your next stop is at the police station, and actually go there. Whichever it winds up being, get your daughter enrolled into some self-protection classes, or some kind of martial arts classes. Some friends of mine had a shy daughter who was being bullied, and she just received her black belt. She’s outgoing, confident, and those bullies have left her alone for years. They know to not mess with Madi because she’s a complete bad ass now. Good luck to you and your daughter.

talk to the parents of the child in question and if that dont work then go and talk to principle urself demand action

In for a world of hurt come junior high. Bitch was the nicest word I remember being used

Hop on the bus and handle business :woman_shrugging:

Nothing happens. I was bullied by practically a whole grade of students in middle school. Teachers saw me getting hit in class and did nothing. My dad had a talk with the principle, which made it somewhat worse. I guess the principle told the kids to stop, so then I was a snitch. Homeschooling may be best if you are able.

I’ve always told my kids that if someone is picking on them and they tell them to stop but they keep it up… jack their jaw. Bullies sometimes need a taste of their own medicine

2 Likes

There should be cameras to at least see the seat kicking. That is destruction of school property. Seriously the poor drivers are low paid and trying to drive our children. I couldn’t do it.

Tell her to bop him in the nose :woman_shrugging:t3: he’d get the picture fairly quickly

2 Likes

Honestly. My kid comes home and tells me this every day. Depending on the age, they don’t really punish them much. I get it, it’s not a kind word but like. It could be worse.

1 Like

Part of the pains of growing up and life, can’t protect your kid from every thing. people need to stop trying to bubble wrapping there kids

2 Likes

Teach her how to handle it. You can’t protect her from words.

2 Likes

Teach her to handle the situation. If it gets worse, threaten the principle with a law suit. Seems to work with everything else. Your daughter will face worse things in her school career and will need to know how to handle it. Good luck.

1 Like

In my district all of our buses have cameras and parents can request the supervisor to investigate

Depending on grade…homeschool. Once mine exit elementary school…we will be switching to homeschool My kid has been slapped and called names even in Elementary school. Kids these days have no discipline. Makes me wanna go down there with a paddle and whoop them all.

Tbh id tell my kid to smack the other kid so hard in the mouth they’d never be game to pick on her again :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

It isn’t ok, BUT she can choose to ignore it. If that’s the worst thing that happens on any day, she will have a charmed life.

1 Like

There’s not a whole lot anyone at school will do for name calling unfortunately. If there was a altercation involved then they would take it more seriously. It’s Messed up but it’s the way school work now today.

Your gonna have to teach her to ignore people who say mean things to her. Or move her into online schooling or homeschooling. The name calling is going to just get worse the older she gets.

Tell your child to talk to the bus driver some times there’s nothing a parent can do if it’s not a bad situation that is… judging from the way kids are these days sadly it probably won’t be last time…not that that makes it ok but first tell your child to tell the bus driver and if that doesn’t help anything that’s when you talk to bus driver or principal

Teach your child to not care about others opinions or the words they say.

I was bullied in school too. I would just agree with everything they said or laugh at their jokes.
I was semi goth but also a country girl so some days I had on cowboy boots and jeans. Some days it was plaid skirts and tons of dark makeup.
If I got joked for any of it I just went harder with it. Then agreed with the person talking about me.

Even as an adult if I get called a B I agree and giggle about it…

We can’t control what other people do but we can learn to control our emotions toward it…

2 Likes

create a paper trail complaint…ask for a meeting with the other parent with teacher guidance counsellor and principal to be present

2 Likes

Oh my! I had this problem with my oldest. I called the school and I told the Assistant Principal that I would get on that bus and slap the kid myself, I was told I would not do that. He got told not to tell me what I won’t do when it comes to my kids. The problem was resolved the next morning.

2 Likes

if they won’t do anything it’s within your right to have a conference with all parties present and it happened on school property they can’t deny it …then get a meeting with school superintendent …then attend school board meeting …if that doesn’t work…you know that zero tolerance policy in all school attack the logistics and don’t be afraid to go to tv an have them investigate bullying using language

1 Like

Hi ow old is she. School won’t do anything g I would teach her how to “handle” the situation on her own lol

1 Like

You can’t control what other people will do in life, but you can control yourself. How you react…is teaching your daughter to react. Talk to her her how a bully’s words is a reflection on them not her, and show her how to not be reactive.

9 Likes

I mean. All she’s gotta do is ask the bus driver to switch seats and they probably don’t have the proof unless they are sitting up front… it’s gonna happen… I mean you can probably just become a bus driver and follow your daughter everywhere… Or you can just take your kid off the bus… My son was being bullied by a girl a grade older, my.son told her to stop multiple times and finally apparently flicked her off so her parents took her off the bus… The dad told my son he wasn’t allowed on the street by their house like they pay.for the street, yeah shit doesn’t fly with me, I went over and had words, he told me.to get off his street, told him I see where his daughter gets the bullying behavior… He started talking words and said his daughter isn’t a bully.,… Guess who was kicked outta school not long after for bullying …

If being called a B is the worst she’s gotten be glad. She could be facing the world as a f-ing ‘N’.

4 Likes

Tell her to tell him to shut up and leave her alone. She needs to take up for herself. I’ve had so many issues just like this.

Find out the name of the boy and talk to his parents

1 Like

Talk to the driver. As a bus driver, there is nothing I can do if I don’t know.

4 Likes

Teach your child not everyone is nice or has manors or knows how to speak. Because this is life and honest. Then teach her to rise above and have self respect. You can not fight her battles but you can prepare her for life. And no bullying isn’t ok…but it happens. The school won’t do a thing yeah you might get a “meeting” but what’s gonna happen (nothing)

1 Like