Am I a bad mom for not spending Mother's Day with my kids?

Tell her don’t be a fun sucker!

Momma NO! You are not a bad mom!! Mothers day supposed to be about MOMS. Your husband seems to realize this, his mom is a jealous woman.

3 Likes

No you are not a bad mom. It is 100% ok to want a break. For mothers day this year I booked a hotel. Sat-sunday. I left at 2pm Saturday and came home 12pm Sunday. I went to dinner, had a couple drinks watched the hockey game And had a relaxing night with my partner, woak up had breakfast. There is nothing wrong with that. We are moms 24/7. And to want an need a break for mothers day is completely ok. :heart: do not let anyone make you feel bad for that.

2 Likes

It’s your day, do whatever you want🙌🏻

1 Like

Def not don’t feel guilty at all it’s ur day to do what u want regardless of the MIL she just sounds like a miserable person period for even saying that

2 Likes

No way in hell u a bad mom. Ur mom in law is the monster. U spent the morning n dinner time with them. U have a wonderful husband 4 giving u time out. Tell mom in law 2 buzz of. U needed the you time. U happy, hubby n children happy n that’s all matters.

2 Likes

Get over the guilt. MIL can take a hike!

5 Likes

Does she come over to your house and stay 24/7 on mother’s day? And what about the mother who has more than one grow child? How does she spend the entire day with all her children? :thinking:

1 Like

Fuck what the MIL thinks … good for you MUM🥰

Tell your mother law to mine her on business your day not her

Tell your mother in law to suck it!

You deserved that time to yourself​:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

She can just mind her own damn business.

1 Like

:100: fine…. She should mind her own business

1 Like

Mother’s day is celebrating the effort and work mothers do to raise children and being a mother It’s the time to praise for efforts and hard work so in respect of that gift giving and giving the mother the day to do whatever she wishes to do on mothers day. So your mother in law can shove it right up her ass, she didn’t stay the whole day with her kids and grandkids right? Well that concludes that.

She’s wrong you are not a bad MOM. Mother’s Day is to celebrate YOU so you had some You time no reason for guilt.

3 Likes

Tell her to beat it tell her off don’t ever let her make you feel that way I never let my mother inlaw make me feel like crap I would tell her straight an my babies daddy I would set him straight to you have your kids 24/7 you brought those kids into the world your hubby works you have every right an deserve a day to yourself stay strong

2 Likes

“Me time” was the gift you’re husband gave you for mother’s day if he works alot and you don’t get me time regularly then celebrate that don’t worry about what people say. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Don’t feel bad about it. Last year for mothers day I went out and drove for 8 hours before coming back home. It was very nice. I did something for myself. This year I spent it with my 3 kiddos and 2 grandbabies

horrible!!!calling CPS!!

She can pound sand. You deserve to take some time for yourself. Being a mom is exhausting, so those self care moment are important :heart:

2 Likes

Well I must be bad mother too . I went out by my self for mother day . It was nice have time to get new clothers and nice coffee . After I done I got pick up by my husband and kids . We all had dinner put movie .

2 Likes

Not at all . It was Mother’s Day to do as you please. Why wasn’t your Mother in law at home spending the day with her children instead of being nosey at your house.

1 Like

She’s just jealous! Ignore her! Sounds to me like nothing you do is good enough so do what you want!

Not at all! You got to enjoy the day, your husband did this for you and that’s amazing that he gets it. Your MIL is being ridiculous. After I got off work I spent Mother’s Day in my pool, listening to my music, drinking some beers and my kids left me alone for a couple hours then came out and joined after I had had some me time. You’re not a bad mom at all!

She’s wrong. It’s about doing stuff you want to do. You weren’t gone all day. What about when dads go golfing and such all day Father’s Day? Does that make them bad dads? No so don’t feel guilty for having some you time

1 Like

Not at all. What a sweet and caring gift for your husband to give you a day to paper yourself. To me that seems like a great way to show you, the mother of his children, that he appreciates you. Taking care of your yourself is just as important as taking care of your kids. You are more than a mom, you’re and individual too. Ignore her. She is just projecting her own stuff onto you.

1 Like

Mothers day is celebrating you and you did that I worked mothers day so I must be a bad mom

I think you should get to do what you want on Mother’s Day. I would love to get a day to myself. Best present ever.

No… It’s supposed to be your day and that’s what you did, that’s what your immediate family wanted you to do.

Did you enjoy the day out and did the kids enjoy the time they did spend with you ?

You not a bad mom at all Dear. We as moms need a me time as well. You so lucky to have had a me time

Girl…hell naw. I spent most of the day around my kids but any needs or questions were directed towards dad. Lol…even told them little shits that too😅 I said it’s mommy’s day off. They all looked at me like I was an alien.

You spend time with the kids all the time. This day was about you and so you get to choose how you spend it. Let go of the guilt.

1 Like

Honey you are definitely NTA your mother-in-law however ABSOLUTELY IS!! your husband did something wonderful and beautiful for you your children spent the morning and the evening with you and you got an afternoon to yourself in probably how long since last Mother’s Day I’d bet… If THAT!!
You are in no way shape form of fashion in the wrong at all it was a beautiful wonderful thing that your husband did for you I mean she should be more respectful going to your home and speaking that way in front of your children and your husband in your home my stepmother tried that crap the day before Easter this year guess who’s not allowed back in my own…??!
You do not have to tolerate that type of behavior around your children or in your home at all I’m super duper sorry sweetheart that this happened to you I wish you all the best and hope things get better please don’t feel guilty I feel guilty for you feeling guilty and I feel guilty for feeling guilty for you feeling guilty it’s a mom thing mom guilt sucks!!!

1 Like

Sorry but she’s wrong
You give 364 days a year to your kids. Mother’s Day is the one day you get to treat yourself for all the sacrifices you’ve made to be their mother. Tell her if she has a problem with that she can get stuffed.

1 Like

We had my mans son for mothers day most of the day. As we have for the past 3 years. She said her present was not having him and having a break lol and i do not Blame her! Your not a bad mom. And she can suck it.

Sounds like your mother law was jealous
You deserve you time, and if your hubby told you to do so than don’t feel bad

3 Likes

Stuff her it’s your day
Hope you enjoy your special day

2 Likes

Umm what? I would distance myself, that was totally wrong of her to say all of that. You are going constantly and need you time too, you aren’t a robot that keeps going and going. I’m pretty sure she didn’t spend 100% of her time with her kids, I have no idea why people like this are so judgy!

Tell her to mind her own business

3 Likes

Mom’s deserve a break to not just dad’s! You got to do what you liked. She sounds jealous. You’re doing a great job. Keep your head up.

1 Like

MY Joy is back to me after a very long time which i and my ex separated since i was alone my life change, every thing about me change a friend of mine gave me an email address and told me that this was the email address [email protected] she contacted when she was in the same problem so i contacted the email i got a reply he ask me to send him my number so i did he was a man call Dr. Sam he is a spell caster he casted a spell for me and told me that within two day that my ex we be back for good within that two days my ex was back, and with just got married together you can also reach him on his WhatsApp +2348054458279

You were enjoying your gift, exactly as the giver(s) of the gift wanted you to do. You spent the morning and evening with the kids- who is anyone to judge that? Don’t feel guilty, ignore her negativity and enjoy the fact that your husband was so thoughtful

1 Like

Girl no you’re allowed to have some time for yourself being a mom is beautiful but it is also challenging and if my husband said I got the kids go out and give yourself a self care day I sure would. It doesn’t make you a bad mom for taking a moment to yourself. You spent the morning and the rest of the day with them it’s not like you just took off your husband did something sweet for you I’m sure it felt good to not be running around doing the normal on mother’s day. Don’t feel guilty

1 Like

Not at all
A few years ago for mothers day I had a girls trip to Vegas for 5 days… best time of my life!

1 Like

hell no. if i could have a kid free mother’s day i would!

You’ll be a better, happier mum the other 364 days of the year if u get a break and chance to pamper yourself every now and then. :heart:

Mother’s day is all about showing appreciation to our moms, by doing something special for her. It’s her day. She has to be mom 24/7, 365. So if your husband and children wanted to gift you some “me” time on your special day, then be grateful that you have a thoughtful husband and children, and don’t think twice about having enjoyed yourself!

Mommy in law was just pissed because she was probably hoping to spend some alone time with her son, which she couldn’t do because you weren’t there to watch the kids. That’s her problem … not yours.

12 Likes

Your mother in law is an ass. Don’t feel guilty mamas.

No your not your a mum that’s having some self care nothing wrong with that at all

Tell the old bat to sod off. Mothers Day is about thinking of yourself. You’re there for your children (& husband) all year, take time just for YOU xx

4 Likes

I would’ve told her to mind her business. Don’t let other people ruin your day.

2 Likes

Your husband needs to put his mother in her place. If he told you to go she needs to shut up. Shame on her and sound like she probably doesn’t like you in general

Tell your MIL to shut her damn trap , and then tell your husband to say something next time and not let his mother run her mouth :sweat_smile: you deserve a break , and you MIL deserves something else :face_holding_back_tears::fist_right:

None of her business no guilt it was your day its not called mother and kids day is it

1 Like

Here’s what I get. It’s mother’s day, you should take the kids so I can have a day to relax. Father’s day rolls around and I get, you should take the kids and spend some quality time with the kids.

1 Like

Oh, and screw the mother in laws.

2 Likes

Your husband and children gave you a few hours peace doing what you enjoyed as a mothers day gift. Your mother in law should butt out. Dont you feel guilty for enjoying your gift

MIL sounds like a nosey busy body who needs to keep her nose out of your business

4 Likes

Your first obligation is to your family. Your husband is your partner the one you listen to the one who loves you above all,not your mother-in-law. He told you what to do, your spent the morning with your kids & you all had dinner together. Be thankful your husband said go enjoy yourself…Your mother-in-law need to put a lock on it & mind her own business.

8 Likes

Id tell her where to shove it

5 Likes

Course your not a bad mum for not spending the whole day with the kids on mother’s day I had to work for 5 hrs on mother’s day,

1 Like

You spend everyday with your kids. This is supposed to be about you. Tell your mother in law to kiss your !!!

4 Likes

No its mothers day you do what YOU want not what the MIL thinks you should do
How dare she comment

3 Likes

She sounds like a miserable old control freak. Tell her to mind her own business!

3 Likes

Hell no! It’s your day. You get to spend how you wish. Lots of Mom’s go out and take a break or get pampered. Tell your MIL to mind her business.

3 Likes

No mothers day is suppose to be about the mom! I didn’t spend mother’s day with my kids. Because I had to work. And also my kids are 20 and 14. And plus my mom is gone. So there for I don’t really get to celebrate my mom. But I do make sure that I get a chance to.

1 Like

Did she get stay at yours the night before and that night and spend all 24hrs with her kid? I doubt it the bloody hypocrite. It was Mother’s Day the day you are meant to feel pampered and special and that’s what your husband and kids wanted for you. No your not wrong she just sounds awful.

2 Likes

I think your day was perfect.

1 Like

Don’t feel guilty, everyone needs time for their selves.

I spent half the day by myself. In laws got my kids the day before. Hubby also had to work. Take those breaks when you can get em!!

My monster in law told me I was a bad mom for accepting my husband’s invite to a basketball game. That crackhead bitch wasn’t welcome in my house for 3 years after that. Didn’t get to see the kids for 2 years. Now she only gets to visit with them if she is supervised by my husband or myself so we can monitor what she tries talking to the kids about.

Generational discouragement. Ignore her. She will also tell you to cater to your man hand and foot regardless of the way he treats you. (Just an example) he told you that was your gift. Would have been rude to tell him no.

Sounds like you had a fantastic Mother’s Day! And your MIL is a jealous old bat. Don’t take on her crazy energy :heart:

3 Likes

she a bad mom for butting into someone elses life. you are not abad mom because you got to have a day.

2 Likes

That’s the ONE day that we are celebrated as Moms. It’s about doing what YOU want to do. Your MIL sounds jealous.

1 Like

I’m sure u spend each n every day with your kids. Grandma needs to mind her business n stay n her lane! She had no right to come to your home n say something like that to your kids! That was your special day n even your husband thought it was a good idea for u to do something special for yourself n with no kids. Don’t let her make u feel guilty bc u didn’t do anything wrong. She sounds jealous to me! I’m glad u got some “me time” break!!!

Don’t feel bad at all. You got to do something for you and spent time with your family. I think she’s just mean and needs to keep her opinions to herself.

My question is what did your husband say to his mother when she said that. He apparently had to have told you what she said since you were not home. Your husband should have put his mom in her place. Do not feel bad having a day to yourself when you are with your kids every other day of the year.

1 Like

What a lovely treat. Your MIL is clearly judgemental and jealous. Don’t feel guilty. And you did spend most of the day with them too!

What a lovely gesture from your hubby…as for your MIL…tell her that her son must take his kindness from his father and she can get bent.

5 Likes

I sure hope your husband advised her that he told you to do something special… It was a as much his day also of he doesn’t usually spend alot of time with the kids

Your MIL should mind her own business. Sounds like an awesome mother’s day!

1 Like

People are so stupid! Do what makes YOU happy because NO matter what you do, someone will always have something to say! It’s mind over matter, you don’t mind, and they don’t matter.

2 Likes

She had no right making you feel this way

2 Likes

Nope. Tell your MIL to GtfTH and mind her business! You spend it however you wish to. If your husband suggested it and that’s what you wanted to do then who gaf what anyone else thinks. You took a few hours of one day (that’s literally about YOU), you didn’t fckn abandon them. Don’t let her ruin it for you.

Did she spend the whole day with her kids?

2 Likes

She needs to mind her business, if you want to go out and spend the day pampering yourself it’s nothing to do with anyone else what you do, mothers day is about relaxing, you spent some time with them so what’s the deal, you spend every day with the kids that’s a nice thing what your husband did, no need to feel guilty every one deserves a break, mothers day is about the mother it’s your day, dont feel guilty for anything you do as it’s your life not anyone’s elses, dont let her get to you, dont let anyone else tell you what to do and how to feel

1 Like

No no no don’t let her make u feel terrible! She prolly jealous bc her husband never do that for her and she wants to take it out on you. I guess me and my husband are bad parents bc we legit gona free night and day away from all 4 of our kids so we could enjoy alone time for Mother’s Day. We went shopping and ate a good dinner at home and binge watched a tv show we like

There is no reason to feel guilty you spent time with them and you got some time alone as a gift from your husband for Mother’s Day

2 Likes

Going out and doing the things you like to was a mother’s day gift from your husband and children best gift they could of gave mom

1 Like

I spend every day with my kids. For Mother’s day I wanted a break!!! I left Saturday with a couple other mom’s. We drove to the beach, relaxed and sunbathed for hours. Ate lunch, with dessert and drove home that night. Perfect day!!! 14 hours of relaxation!!! I plan to do it from here on out!!! Call me terrible. Idgaf! :wink: The only reason we didnt go on Sunday is because if the weather forecast.

2 Likes

You don’t have to let other peoples attitudes and behaviors control your emotions. Work with your individual therapist to resolve your codependency

Hunny I spent the day at my aunts house doing laundry on Mother’s Day. I don’t feel bad either. Why do we have to spend Mother’s Day with our kids? Why can’t we take that day for our selves!!

1 Like

Tell her your gift was a “me day” and it’s none of her business

2 Likes

absolutely not if your significant other says I got this this is your day go do you honey you don’t hesitate you grab your purse say I love you all I’ll be back soon and you go take care of you because you work hard to take care of your family and your mother-in-law seems very jealous when she should be very proud that she’s raised her son to consider your feelings like that.

2 Likes

I get paid over $150+ per hour w0rking from home. I never thought l’d be able to do it but my colleague makes over $ 20489 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

===> https://goodjobs33.netlify.app/

As mother’s we often forget about Our Needs. I’m glad you enjoyed your day. Don’t let her ruin that for you. Your Alive to.

2 Likes

My daughter actually ditched me to go to her grannies, and had a friend over! So it spend the day with my husband!

You spend time with those kids every single day. Tell your mother in law to tend to the business that is hers. As a grown woman I tell my own mother to take the day and do WHATEVER she wants, if I don’t see her, I don’t see her. You deserve a day to yourself and I can’t think of any other day that is more perfect than a day that is dedicated to MOTHERS.

2 Likes