Am I a bad mom for not spending Mother's Day with my kids?

It’s Mother’s Day, not kids day!

Honey, you shouldnt feel bad. Being a mom can often be over whelming and you have no breaks just to pamper yourself. You did nothing wrong. Im quite sure your children would want you to do something that made you happy. Your mother in law should mind her own buisness

5 Likes

Wtf, no. God I wish I did the same. All I did was still slave after everyone. Do you not see all these moms tik tok all they want for Mother’s Day is everyone too get out the house! :joy: we not lying

3 Likes

Thats sounds like a brilliant mothers day :grinning:

Thats what I do. I literally left after breakfast to spend my day hiking and running, not having to chase after tiny humans all over the forest, just me enjoying my podcasts and music. Its my one day a year i asked for to truly stay out as long as I want, to do what I want without anyone texting me asking me questions or for an itinerary. It’s the one time i am gone for 6 to 8 hours with zero contact, zero expectations, and zero guilt. I love it! So no, you shouldn’t feel bad or guilty. It’s one day, he’ll live.

1 Like

Forget her she sounds jealous to me.

Its not her business what you do and that was a nice thing from your husband

1 Like

Let’s be real as children grow up they only truly care mostly about Christmas and possibly Halloween, all other holidays are forced onto them​:joy::joy::joy:.

realistically Mother’s Day is just another day, nothing extravagant. Only to those who choose to make it a big deal.

You honestly should be taking more “me time” not just on this day.

As mothers between, work, marriage, home and kids forget to properly take care of ourselves.

We carry the weight of the world on our shoulders……

MIL a should mind her own F business and only worry what goes on in her house. She doesn’t need to add any more stress on you.

Never feel guilty for taking time to recharge oneself.

You need it, happy mom is a happy home :grin:

No you had a great day and your suppose to be pampered on Mother’s Day what a great gift your hubby gave you

2 Likes

Everyone is different
I love spending Mother’s Day with the children I created. I also just genuinely love being around my children. I love camping and fishing with them on Mother’s Day. But this last Mother’s Day we spent time with great grandma at the rehabilitation facility, praying she comes home soon.
Every mother is different
Who cares what others think!

You have to remember that the older generations think their way is the only way. Doesn’t make them right. Mother’s Day is a day to honor you as a mother. If your husband wanted you to have time for you(which should be every parent’s right)… don’t feel guilty for it. In the words of my husband…tell her to pound sand

1 Like

Tell MIL to shove her opinion up her ass…

Girl do you ! Isn’t that what Mother’s Day is for ?

Um it was mothers day meaning its your day spend it how you want. I wouldnt worry to much about it. Some people just need to mind their own business

1 Like

I don’t think she gets a vote considering you still raise her kid :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

You spent the morning and evening with them. Your husband said go pamper yourself while he took care of kids. You’re monster in law can mind her own business. Don’t you dare feel guilty for taking care of you. If you don’t take care of you, you won’t be able to take care of anyone else. So she can just🤬

5 Likes

Absolutely not your mil is an opinionated busy body interfering with your marriage an speaking ill of you behind your back,as your husband told you what was said I’m sure he put her in her place too don’t feel guilty at all he told you to go and it none of her business :kissing_heart::kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

1 Like

Your mil needs to mind her own business. Everybody does things differently doesn’t make you a bad parent at all.

Your MIL needs a life! Don’t let this get you down…she is only doing this to make you feel guilty and you don’t have to do that!!

Your not a bad mum at all.You did what you enjoy.You we’re with your kids all morning then spent the afternoon for yourself.I spent the morning with my family and in-laws then I had to work the afternoon/night.

Tell ur MIL to buzz off. You had a great day doing the things that make you feel good. You need to make sure your cup is full so you can continue to take care of your babies. You can’t pour from an empty cup. Don’t feel guilty for needing me time. Plus you said you spent the morning with them its not like you didn’t see them at all.

1 Like

Sounds to me like your mil is a jerk

1 Like

tell your mother-in-law to mind her own business.

3 Likes

It was Mother’s Day not grandmas day she was upset because at your age HER HUSBAND DIDNT LET HER GET AWAY FOR A COUPLE HOURS THATS ALL :yawning_face:

3 Likes

What the h*ll does it have to do with her??

1 Like

You had a few hours of well deserved pampering! You did nothing wrong! Your MIL needs to stay in her own lane!

1 Like

Absolutely not!!! Maybe she is just old school. It was a day for you. You spent time with your kids and a break some me time was perfectly OK!!!

1 Like

Shhhiiiii, I’m jealous!!! I spend every day with my kids. That definitely didnt make the day special. That would have been my ideal Mother’s Day and I am by far, a crappy mother. Spending time on yourself, makes you happy and makes the whole home happy. Girl you are beyond blessed and definitely not a bad mama for taking time for you!! :heart:

Your MIL is just that a in law who isn’t living with you. She has no idea how much you’re doing with them. You did exactly what every mom was doing pretty much. You spent time with them in the morning but got the you time you deserve after that as well as then dinner together. To me that’s perfect bc we are not just MOMS we are so so much more than just a mom which means we deserve to be treated an feel like we are more than just a mom. Your MIL is wrong dead wrong. You had a perfect Mother’s Day and she is just trying to ruin it. Ignore her bc you did spend time with them but you also got time to care for yourself which is very much so necessary.

Call her on grandparents day and tell her she need to spend all day with the grandkids who made her a grandparent. Below is dates she just offered to take the kids all day

Edit Look up national days a weeks that she’ll will need to spend all day watching the grandkids for free while you and hubby go out

3 Likes

I think its amazing that you took the available time to pamper yourself on the day celebrated for moms and your husband supported it. You spend every single day with your children and the one day you focus on yourself the mother in law has something to say. Well screw her and her crappy opinion!

Well if she thinks you’re a bad mom then I must be terrible. I coparent with my sons dad and let him have the whole weekend so I could sleep in.
I spend almost everyday with my child. Sun up to down and couldn’t tell you the last time I slept in. It was wonderful.
You’re mother in law can kick rocks.

Why would you care what she thinks. Happy Mothers Day

Tell your MIL to get bent

1 Like

Wow MIL Gaslighting… smdh. No, you are NOT a bad mom, and you don’t need to justify ANYTHING to your MIL because it is none if her business. She is probably from a different generation, there is nothing wrong with a little “ME time” regardless if when it is. My own mother does this to me all the time, and I just keep it moving…
#Unbothered

2 Likes

You deserve time for yourself, it makes you a better Mother to your children. You cannot pour from an empty cup.

1 Like

I’m trying to figure out WHY you care about what she has to say?:thinking: Your HUSBAND gave you a day away from the kids. A day that he felt you needed. The ONLY thing that your husband did wrong is tell you what some MISERABLE a** busybody had to say. He could’ve kept her asinine comments to himself. :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Especially if you stay home with the kids every other day of the year, don’t worry about a thing! You deserved every second of that! And if your kids are as caring as mine, they would agree that you deserve it and they would be proud! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Absolutely NOT! It’s perfectly okay to take some YOU time. :two_hearts:

She wrong. You’re right.

Not a bad Mom at all.
We all do what we have to do to save a little piece of our sanity so that we can continue to go on being wonderful moms for our kids.
Your MIL generation is STILL learning that it’s ok as a woman to have your own needs, Take what she said and pay no mind to it.

1 Like

Your husband should’ve told his mother to mind her business. It was YOUR day.

4 Likes

F her! We need to normalize letting moms do whatever they want on mothers day, no matter what it is!

2 Likes

So the mothers that have to work should feel guilty. How about the ones that their kids grow up and don’t stick around. My daughter had her bf over she is 15 should the world stop no. It’s technically a Hallmark holiday and in retrospective means nothing. Mothers/fathers/children should be celebrated often someone decided to make money off it. Which okay I’m fine with I’m enjoy that day how ur family sees fit.

If your cup is empty, you’re no good to anyone, especially your kids. It sounds like you spent a lot of time with them on the day of AND had time for yourself. Your MIL can mind her business.

6 Likes

Your fine dont feel guilty

Do not feel guilty about that! That was your husbands gift to you knowing you don’t get to have time to yourself! Tell your MIL that it’s free to stay in her lane.

Wow. NO. You are the default parent allllll the time. Don’t let her rain on your parade. She can take that opinion of hers, wad it up, cover it in olive oil and shove it.

That is awesome you went out. You should never feel guilty for taking time to pamper yourself. Good for you. Never mind what the Mother Inlaw says.

No you are not a bad mom, I wish my husband would have let me go out and do something but with special needs kids, it seems every weekend we are cleaning up their messes unfortunately and we tell them if they would not make messes, we could do more fun stuff, and yes, they are involved in cleaning too so it’s a group effort, being a special needs parent is hard

1 Like

It’s Mother’s Day, do as you please sweetie. I am sure your husband and kids appreciated you doing something for yourself, best Mother’s Day gift ever, being allowed to take care of you!

1 Like

Your mil should mind her own business. Your with your kids every single day. Mothers Day is about You not your kids. That was so sweet of your husband. Now tell your husband to talk to his mother.

2 Likes

It’d be wrong of you If you didn’t spend time with them outside of mother’s day. Mothers day Is literally just a day when it comes down to it. What makes you a mother is what all you do for them every other day of the year, as long as you take time with them, raise them, teach them, love them… who cares what she says. Moms can be treated from time to time and sometimes getting a break is nice, you spent the morning and even went to a family dinner with them. She’s just being negative. Let her be like that all by her own self. Don’t feel guilty.

You can’t pour from an empty cup. Taking time for yourself is a GOOD thing momma! Screw what she says.

1 Like

It’s your day. You have the same kid’s every single day. Your day is to relax and do what makes you happy

1 Like

You deserve a Day Off , more often , not only on Mother’s Day….!!!:hugs:

1 Like

It’s not kids day it’s mother’s day… it’s a day for us to feel appreciated… not spend the day doing the things we do evvvvvvvveryday with our kids… you MIL is a c u next Tuesday

5 Likes

Mothers deserved to be pampered too fuck her don’t let her get to you

Mother’s day is for mother’s to spend how they see fit… Ur mil is a bad mother for judging you that way. Shame on her. How disgusting. A lot of mothers spend mother’s day doing what they want while their husbands handle everything else… It’s your day… Do what you want… Screw her and her judgemental ass

Are you kidding me? It’s called Mother’s Day. Not kids day. I sent my kids to their dads house so I could relax. Don’t feel bad - I didn’t lol.

5 Likes

its Mothers day do what you want tell her to go home

2 Likes

Well she can just fluff off!

2 Likes

Tell her to mind her own business. You spent time with them. And your gift from hubby was time for you to do what you want ALONE!! That is seriously the best gift. Don’t feel guilty.

5 Likes

You focus on your kids daily, do not feel guilty for getting some self care. Sounds like mil is jealous.

1 Like

Girl I’m a SAHM all day everyday I never get a break lol I have a 3 year old 19 month old an a 7 month old all boys an you best believe if someone told me go have a day to myself on Mother’s Day IM OUT THE DOOR in a quick second even if I’m in my house shoes an pjs idc I’m running out that house :joy:

2 Likes

MiL should learn to keep her thoughts to herself. You have every right to be pampered on Mother’s Day. How lovely of your husband to think of you. He should put his mother in her place.

4 Likes

Your kids need to learn that self care is extremely important—and to see their Mom take care of herself is a wonderful lesson—you did it right Momma!

2 Likes

Your mil is dumb lol you’re 110% allowed to go out on Mother’s Day and celebrate yourself. Especially when your husband told you to go and enjoy yourself! It’s not like you guys made plans and you ditched.

1 Like

Absolutely not u deserve time to yourself that it’s not fair to you or ur kids to never have time to yourself you need a mental break once in a while it’s not like u left for the day on Christmas or their birthday

You are not a bad MOM be glad you have a husband like that… what a wonderful day

2 Likes

No your not, I didn’t even read past the question.

2 Likes

sorry you have a nasty Mother in law!

2 Likes

You’re not a bad mom! It’s called self care. Props to your husband for encouraging you to do something for yourself and standing by your side. It seems rare these days. Your mother-in-law needs to mind her own business. Don’t worry about what she says. You’re a great mom and deserve the time to yourself.

2 Likes

Who the hell said mothers day was mandatory kid freaking day…

4 Likes

Your mother in law needs to worry about her own life, I’ll never understand why mother’s get all up in their family’s lives! You did perfect for mother’s day and deserve it any time your offered that opportunity! Do not let other’s opinions affect YOUR life! Also, I’m hoping ypur husband put her in check with her comments.

1 Like

one day out of every day of the year to spend time on yourself is an absolute must, one day to be pampered, u deserve it

1 Like

Your mother-in-law can mind her own business and live her own life because you seem to be living your life for yourself just fine.

1 Like

You should not feel bad at all! I went shopping too :heart:

The best gift you can give a mom is the day to herself!!! So she can have self care/self love day to continue being the badass mom she is!!!

1 Like

We’ll she’s a shithead

That was a wonderful way to spend your day !!!
I went to a reggae concert and danced my butt off…Mothers Day is for Mothers to enjoy !!!

Hell no you ain’t a bad mom for that! Every year I’m like the best gift is if you kids go away LOL I love my kids but I have 364 other days to be around them

Sounds like that was your gift from your kids and husband. She belittled the gift. She sounds like a real piece of work.

4 Likes

Maybe your MIL should’ve offered to watch the kiddos while your husband took you out to lunch. Her son also made her a grandma. I’m sure she knows you guys don’t get to go out often and I doubt she spent the whole day with her son too :roll_eyes: I guess she needs to practice what she preaches :person_shrugging: I slept for half of mother’s day because midnights are a bitch and I lack sleep half of the time.

Mothers day is a day of appreciation. You and your husband made the right decision. You are with your kids everyday. On your day you are allowed to be selfish and do what you want. I have spent mothers day with my child and without my child. It’s my day I do what I want.

7 Likes

Oh and just to add this you MIL is a bad mom for saying that. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Don’t feel guilty, if that’s what you wanted and needed for yourself for the day then it was a good mother’s day! Maybe your mother in law was just disappointed that she didn’t go with you.

Everyone celebrates differently. You did what you wanted to do. That break will make you a better mom, bc your batteries are recharged. DO YOU, Mama! You saw your kids in the morning. Don’t stress it!!! :heart:

3 Likes

You are a mom you are beautiful and you take care of yourself so you can take care of them babies

2 Likes

Do not let her opinion make you feel like a bad mom!!! You deserve to do things for yourself, and if your husband is going to stay home with the kids on Mother’s Day so you can enjoy yourself, you absolutely deserve that!!!

2 Likes

I feel like mother’s day is a day for mom to take off. That is YOUR day. You could sleep in bed all day if you want to. It’s not of your mother in laws business so listen to your husband and not her💛

3 Likes

If you live by peoples opinions of you you’ll die by them. Meaning you’ll never be good enough and constantly seek approval. Taking care of yourself isn’t being a bad mom. It the opposite. Take care of you!!! You’ll be a better mom for it🌸

2 Likes

Lol I normally send mine off to great grandma’s house :rofl: and pick them up in the evening… (she makes requests, who am I to deny my grandma some shenanigans?)

Mother’s day is celebrated differently by so many people… :woman_shrugging:

You’re not a bad momma, your mil is just jealous…

3 Likes

To me mothers days is to spend it with my kids. It’s because of them I am a mom and I adore my two babies…. But everyone celebrates it differently and not sure there’s a right way of celebrating it. I feel that MY day to have my own time would be on a birthday. But that’s just me.

We pay no mind to Hallmark holidays in my house.

2 Likes

It isn’t your mother in laws business how you spend your time on Mother’s Day or any day for that matter . She’s not in your household. She doesn’t know how you leaving the house went down.

You see your kids all day every day. I think it’s fine to check out for one day & let someone else attend to them while you spoil yourself.

2 Likes

You got money for hair, nails, and shopping but not a sitter? Normal pay for a sitter is 10an hour lol. You just spend $200 to $300 on materialistic stuff?

2 Likes

Wow screw his mom she sounds like A real piece of work

1 Like

1st off, fk your MIL !! 2nd, no you’re not a bad mom. That’s what I wanted to do too, but mom guilt got to me. We spend every single day with our kids, some of us spend every single moment with them, it’s okay if we take time for our self’s.

Hell no your not if anyone else tell you other wise just butthurt they can’t get free time on Mother’s Day shit what’s so special about Mother’s Day when your a mother everyday of the week so who cares I wish I had a break nothing wrong with a break