Am I a bad mom for not wanting to play with my daughter?

I’m not great at playing with my 3 year old either because of the same reasons. Exhausted and don’t want to play. Would rather snuggle and color lol. But I do try and make em effort to do something for at least 30min or so.

David Marisol Corona eww read some of these comments

Of course you don’t like playing Barbies! Your not doing it for you, your doing it because you love her and when you love someone sometimes you have to do things you may not enjoy but you do them because the person you love does enjoy it. You are a parent now, we are all tired,we all have other things to do, but for your daughter, her whole world revolves around you, and you should give her the same love back.

1 Like

I am so glad this post was made. I really struggled with this and it’s nice to see other moms come to the same conclusion as me.
Let go of the guilt and focus on what you can do.
Love it.

3 Likes

Not bad at all. Its exhausting being a mom in general not including working and having a child with special needs. Do what you can when you can. Make memories with her in different ways. Barbies can be independent play. But side note mamas do lots we dont like lol so find a way to bond with things you dont have to feel bad about. :wink:

Barbie’s was my favourite as a child. I can’t wait to have a girl to play Barbies. :rofl::rofl:

I dont sit for hours and play with my kids. I usually set a clear boundary before we start to play about time and I stick to it. If I’m in the middle of something I will say “wait until mommy sits down and I will play, but only x times and then you gotta play on your own”. I am a sahm and I dont even usually have time to play. I will always read to them or do something educational if they ask, but playing, especially since I have two kids 2 years apart, I try to encourage between siblings.

2 Likes

Not a bad mom. I don’t always want to play with action figures. Instead play something you enjoy. Teach her simple card games, or board games. Paint with her or do things you like also and include her in those things. She just wants your time. You don’t have to play barbies, but you do have to find time and attention for her as well. Maybe once in a while still play barbies because that’s what you know she likes. But by introducing her to things you enjoy, you create the possibility of one of those activities becoming one of her favorites that she won’t mind doing with you more than barbies.

Try getting her involved with maybe helping make dinner or something, giving her a chance to help you out with your daily tasks and maybe that will help make memories. I don’t always have time to play, but I do set aside time for each child everyday whether it be them helping me, bath time, snuggling with them before they go to bed. Just making sure each one knows I love them more than life itself. Just try to put yourself in her shoes and at least make a point to do something with/for her.

My mom was too tired to play with me as I did ask her to play. She was always working. She had a hard childhood herself. It hurt me as a child to feel rejected from her. Now as a mom myself, I can relate and understand. I know where she’s coming from- as a 4/5year old. I had no idea. Play was all I wanted as a kids to relate to my mom. Now, we have a great relationship and I see how hard she worked in order to give us everything she could.

1 Like

I am a mom to 14 year old twin girls…play with her whenever you can. She won’t be little long…then will come the days when you are the one asking for her time. Cherish each moment.

1 Like

I have a 3 year old with no siblings so I try to play with her as much as I can but she refuses to play by herself, ever, and sometimes I just want to scream bc I HAVE to cook, clean and take care of errands etc and she will nag and whine the whole time… Make time for her as much as you can, its imperative for her bonding and development but dont feel bad bc for having to say no sometimes

Find something you like to do with her. Id get my kid little art kits, or those dino eggs you chip away at and find something, make putty or slime, like theres more to do than barbies and if it’s something you enjoy doing you’ll be way more likely to do it and engage with her. I’ll quickly tell my kid, I dont wanna do that, lets do this and shes always stoked

2 Likes

I think it’s very important for children to know and see their mom and or father working hard at their Job and or school. And your time with her will be cherished by her with anything you do together, playing, cooking, cleaning together are all equally fun to your little one because it’s done together. So do as much with her as you can but you definitely don’t have to feel terrible letting her play on her own or with her siblings either. Just be present in any and all activities that you guys do together.

I get it…yr tired, super busy, but u need to make time 4 both yr children as well as yourself n yr studies n work, n everything else…its def. Not easy…but it can be done…try to stick to a schedule…it. helps

My 7 year old loves to play hide n seek daily…she can play 4 hours…but guess what…shes an only child…
So when it’s just me n her at home .we play. Sometimes
…I’m tired from work so we play catch sitting down in the living room talking…it doesnt have to be long…or the same thing all the time…but yes it matters…yr time with yr children matters​:heart::heart: and I know exactly what yr going through cause sometimes I gotta really pull this extra energy out from somewhere…:unamused:.but u know what makes it worth it all.??

In the end those cute little words"mommy thank u 4 playing with me" and she says it almost everytime🥰

1 Like

Play for 10 minutes. You are playing for her, not you so keep that in mind. I work nights and am so sleepy all the time. I sacrifice my sleep to be able to take my kids to school and pick them up and take them to doctor appts. I realized that I hadn’t played with my 3 year old in a while so I started with just 10 -15 minutes of playing. As long as it’s quality time, you can figure something out that you both enjoy and can engage in. You will never be a bad mom if you are trying your best, including taking time for yourself. I once asked my son if I was a bad mom and he said “you’re not a bad mom, you’re just a last minute mom”. I’ll take it!

Apparently, having another child to get me out of play time didn’t work out as planned. Therefore, good luck.:laughing:

4 Likes

It doesn’t sound like you ‘don’t want to play’ you just don’t have the energy too- I have this mum guilt daily with my two (4&6.) always asking me to play with them- bless their hearts, I am currently 35 weeks pregnant & after the morning routine I am ruined. Just explain to your daughter why mummy can’t play- if there is no reason for your exhaustion I recommend seeing a doc as my iron levels where extremely low & it completely ruined me- I couldn’t make it through a day without a nap & I was in bed by 6pm- when they go to bed. I hope it’s an easy fix and that you feel well again soon. xx

Not a bad mom at all. We all need a break. PLUS, all of us have different love languages, and that tends to be how we give love to others.
*My mom didn’t play with me growing up. I think I recall two times my parents played with us. It was volleyball when I was about in 5th grade.

*I play with my kids when it’s stuff I like. We do chalk outside, hopscotch, dance parties, go for walks, I take them to the park and hang out with them— stuff like that I like to do.

• I don’t like playing cars or monster trucks :woozy_face: so my husband usually does that. They would love to wrestle or have pretend fighting matches. I don’t like playing that so I don’t.

*If I’m tired, I’m tired. I’ll tell them that, too. I’ll say, “look, mom’s tired. I’ve been with y’all all day. I need a break. I’m not gonna play.”

1 Like

I have my kids play games at the table with me. We started out with stuff like memory, go fish, old maid and slap jack because they were so young but now we play board games and they both are learning to play rummy. It’s something they like to do, we are spending time together and I can still rest after a long day.

1 Like

maybe try games that you can handle lol I hated the pretend games lol But you are not a bad mum! your a hard working mum who also happens to be a human

1 Like

I have 3. A 6 year old girl, 4 year old boy and a 4 month old. My time is spent primarily caring for the baby, and the two older play together. Prior to baby I was working 40+ hours a week and going to school full time. I was definitely exhausted all the time, and obviously now. Honestly, we snuggle and watch tv together. I also read to them at night, and my 6 year old and I snuggle and rock every night and have a special “good night” routine every night. I would say, just do something special every night that’s just you and her. Doesn’t have to be an hour, or playing barbies, just something together

Um you’re an adult, she’s 4 years old. What makes you think you’re gonna like doing the things she does? As a parent you suck it up & play those Barbie’s with her!! She can’t just learn to do what you like to do but you sure can get your butt on the floor & play with her. I’m not saying it has to be all day, every day or even for an hour but take a couple minutes out of your busy day, pick a Barbie up & make her happy.

11 Likes

Try to enjoy this time, as it goes far too quickly!!!

2 Likes

I’m in the same boat. Work full-time. School full-time. On top of gym @ 5am. Training for two competitions. And helping raise 3 other step kids.

Its alot I know.

But time management is key! Listen to/ read “Can’t Hurt Me” by David Goggins. Chapter 8 talks about managing time in blocks. Down to hours, or half hour blocks and even 15 min blocks.

Believe me, you CAN do it all. You can still work, achieve your goals and spend time with your daughter. These times are precious. Please don’t let them pass you by

1 Like

What do you do with her? Loving someone isn’t enough. Spending time with someone and spending QUALITY time with someone is two different things. It’s OK if you don’t want to play Barbies, it’s not OK to not play with her at all. If she asks to play Barbies, tell her that you love to play with her but you just don’t wanna play Barbies right now and ask if there something else you would like to do or give her two options of what you could tolerate doing and let her choose from those. One day you’re going to want to play with her and she’s not going to want to play with you. Cherish these moments while they’re young.

Its truly important to implement play time even if u just dress them n do their hair :heart:
These are things they’ll remember forever even if its like a once a week play date
I regret not playing more with my girls they grew so fast

Make it a schedule! 30 min to an hour before bed time or whatever, sit down on your little ones floor and take a deep breath. Time flies fast and the last thing you want to do is look back and beg for more because you missed out!

2 Likes

Yes and no. In a way, yes because your baby just wants to play with you and probably gets her feelings hurt if you don’t. (My mom went to school and worked and didn’t want to play with me either and it hurt so bad, each and every time.) No, because you need to do what you need to do to stay sane (I understand because I’m a mom too.) Maybe try to find a way to compromise so you’re both feeling okay

Nope You are not alone.

Its not only ok to not want to play 24/7, it’s better for their developing imaginations to make them play by themselves. 💁

1 Like

How bout let’s play:

Set the table
Help prepare dinner
Vacuum
Sweep up

Sounds like you can do with a helping hand. Make a game out of it :heartbeat:

4 Likes

No your not a bad mom. It’s ok for them to play independently. My kid is 10 and it didn’t effect him negatively at all not being played with all the time. And he is an only child. Honor roll student, gifted, and is fine.

Everyone has a different personality and what one may enjoy another doesn’t. I loved snuggling with my babies and watching their cartoons together or painting their nails and putting fake makeup on them when she would play dress up. My kids are 16 and 10 now and we are all super close. To answer your question… no, you are not a bad mom but you do need to find something that y’all enjoy doing together.

2 Likes

The fact that your worried about not liking to play Barbie’s tells me you are probably a good mom…at her age find something else that you can play…

1 Like

I dont like playing either. I work full time and then come home to my four kids. Weekends I bake with my four year old. I let her come shopping with me, we get our nails done and I take her with me to the hairdresser. I will read books or listen to music. Find something you like to do and do it with her. It doesn’t have to be barbies

I don’t like to do it for a long time but it makes them happy so I take like 15-30 minutes and chase them around playing mommy monster. I have back problems too but it’s a small amount of sacrifice to help with their mental health. kids don’t come to us and say “mommy I had a rough day”
They say
“Will you play with me?”

10 Likes

Kids who play alone have a better imagination… As a teacher I do this… Educational play… We do together… Count cars… Count barbies…etc… Imaginative play (the whole idea of toys and play) I let them do on their own… You do not have to spend every waking hour with your kid… Teach them independent play…

1 Like

I sympathize with the full plate that you have but I mean what grown woman really likes or wants to play barbies??? I have never been the outdoor type and since I’ve been a child I have never been one for animals, but ironically those are my one and a half year olds favorite things and we play outside and see the animals every day because it makes him happy and anything to see him smile is worth it. Like people have said above, carve out a little time each day. No matter what we have on our plates our children deserve that special time with us.

3 Likes

You don’t have to like what she wants to play. She’s a child that wants to play with her mommy. Spend some time with your kid.

4 Likes

Stop thinking you’re a bad mom. It doesn’t help. However your daughter wanting to play with you is her way of asking you for your time of which from.what you said you dont have much of. Maybe you could offer your time in other ways like involve her in your cooking etc.

Please dont feel as though you are a bad mom!!..I am with my fathers child…basically he does nothing at all…and I do everything all alone…my son turns 3 next month…and I am the one doing it all…feedings…bath time…cooking…cleaning…laundry…play time…etc…and on top of it all have Hashimotis an autoimmune disorder of the thyroid…so i feel drained most of the time…and sadly some days I just do not have the energy to do play time…so on days when i just dont have the energy to do play time all of the time…what i do is just let my son help me out with little easy tasks to make him feel as though I am not shunning him or leaving him out in anyway…or i just color with him…do story time etc…and he is happy​:smiley:as long as you are showing your daughter that she is loved and not left out or ignored in anyway its ok to just not want to play some days when you are just drained…trust me i know​:wink::joy::grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Your daughter needs you to sit down and play with her. Your kid’s come first. They are little for such a short time. Stop and smell the Rose’s. You’ll be glad you did and you will be a god in their eyes.

Just tell her it’s for a set amount of time. Maybe set a timer. Have her help you do stuff when you’re done playing. Kids that age love to help!

That’s how kids Express need. They can’t say i had a hard day… they just ask for your time. It won’t last forever, enjoy these moments before their gone.

1 Like

Your not a bad mother just set up a time each day, 30 mins in the morning and 1 hour at night give her all your attention and then encourage her to play on her own. Have you thought about inviting one of her friends over for a play date? This will keep her busy and out of your hair

You may not like it but try to when you can. Some things my daughter likes I don’t but we find common ground and play with her. She’s my only girl so bonding and play is important. Btw No you aren’t a bad mom just a tired one

Yes… play with your daughter.

1 Like

I just say to my 4 year and LD daughter no but we can blah blah find other things lol my little girl LOVES stickers with a passion so when she tells me to play with something I don’t wanna I just give her alternatives lol and she couldn’t be happier I thinks it’s more about spending time with you rather than what you guys actually do I’ll sit and watch tv with my babe I’ll colour in and do stickers I’ll play dress ups and do make up but I can’t and don’t even have the imagination to play with toys but he is happy to do it by herself after. Your not horrible your human lol we as parents don’t have to cater to our children’s every want it also teaches them in life sometimes compromising is necessary :blush:

1 Like

It would mean the world to your daughter’s if you could spare 5 or 10 minutes a day to play with them. Even though you’re tired.

My mom "pretended " to play with me once. I still remember it as a grownup. All I did was ring the doorbell to our house. Just a few minutes makes an impression on your children.

1 Like

Yeah you are. It’s not your daughters fault. She needs stimulation to develop.

2 Likes

Not a bad mom I’m not here to judge but the time it takes you to type this post could have been spent with child .I see to many have time for phones now days when there more important things in life.family loved ones.

3 Likes

Ima single mum work full time and have a 3 year old daughter and a 23 year old semi disabled son. I play with my daughter all the time. She pretends to bake for me in her kitchen we eat her pretend food (imaginative play as yall call it) and we really enjoy our time together. I also help take care of my son. Do I play with her 24/7 nah but we eat meals together she helps me bake/cook and we dance around the house and sing songs as well as read books. Does it Make you a bad mum? Imo yes and no. Yes bc your child needs you and longs for your attention. Bc you don’t like it? I do a lot of things throughout any given day I don’t like but still do it. Kinda selfish if you ask me. The question is all about you. In regards to your little one, as many have said, set time aside they’re only little once. Cherish them now before they’re gone forever. On the flip side, nah doesn’t make you a bad mum, bc everyone feels how they feel. Each entitled to their own feelings, but who’s more important you or your little? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pick 1 or 2 days a week to play with her…give her something to look forward to

1 Like

Sit and have meals with no distractions( tv, phone, etc). Also you could read

Can you arrange play dates so she has others to play with? Can you take her to a playground or play place with other children that would cater to your younger child too while you study on your laptop? Can friends & family take your daughter for an adventure? This will help if she is bored.

But you will never look back on play time with your children and regret it. You will regret not spending enough time with them.

You are superwoman for doing all you do & not going crazy. Is stretching out your education a possibility so you have more time to rest & relax? Do you have a significant other, family or friends who can take the kids to give you a break once in a while? Cultivate a “village” of people who can help you in various ways. You can’t pour from an empty glass.

My son was around kids all day when I was working so didn’t go through what you are. He could play alone at home and was fine. Just he and I though so I was always close by. Invite a playmate over maybe for an hour or so? When I was 4, I was Mom’s helper (?) with my little sister. I had friends in the neighbor hood too. Try a playmate or self interacting learning things. We didn’t have them but guess they are really good. Preschool will help allot too.

I understand 100%. My son loves action figures and honestly I just don’t know how to play action figures with a boy. But I do try and set aside time when I’m not working where me him and his daddy play all together and he kinda takes the reigns and helps. It’s tough but just show her you’re trying and it’ll make a world of difference

Find something to play with her that you both like!
I build LEGO and ride motorbikes with my son and that’s our things to do together. The things I don’t like playing with him I just suggest he play them with his friends

1 Like

Play when you can have a set time to do this can she go to groups where she can play with others x

You sound overwhelmed. I get it. I have days where my kids are like do this do that and I’m just like whyyyy because I’m so burnt out. But…I do it when I can. Because it’s not about us. It’s about them. That ten minutes you give her will mean the world to her. If it helps find something else you both like doing together as well. Coloring, reading, whatever. Take time to make time. How are you going to feel one day when she stops asking? Heartbroken I’m sure.

Play with your children no matter what you have to do. Drink coffee, drink tea. Play for 15 mins. Make real tea for you and have a tea party with the barbies. Enjoy your children when they are young. They need you more than you think they do.

3 Likes

I understand! Trust me giving your child 5 minutes of your time means the world to them! Every time I catch myself telling my kids “mommy is busy right now” I pause take a minute to acknowledge my kids and play or make them a snack or just listen to their comments and they’re happy as ever, they go on with what they were doing and they feel good to have gotten my attention when they asked for it, it doesn’t take from whatever else I was doing… those moments of bonding with my kids means the world to me… don’t take it for granted.

Make the time even though you are tried and count on your blessings you able to play with her and find something to do together

Try 10 or 15 minute increments instead of marathon play

I would if i was you do a set amount of time each day to play even if just 20mins makes all the difference :slight_smile:

1 Like

This type of play is really beneficial for kids, but its also really hard for adults. Especially adults who are overwhelmed with life and parenting. My solution for this problem was to find other activities to do together. My son is also 4 and I have a list of things ill do with him. He wants to play and ill say do you want to build something, do a lesson, read a book and talk about the book, etc. Iv bought a learning to read program that includes singing and dancing and little characters. And I buy things that we can build together. This way we are bonding while doing things that are beneficial for his brain and development. And they are activities that I can stand to do. I try to come up with as many creative alternatives as possible.

They’re only little & will desire this for such a short time…

Just print out and keep this post bc when your daughter is grown and she has no time for you then you can not get angry. Children do what they are taught and you, momma, are her #1 teacher.

2 Likes

Get her a giant teddy bear and have her play barbies with the giant teddy bear

I understand this feeling completely. My son is the same way. However, it is really helpful and stimulating for them if you do play with them. You don’t have to all the time, but it’s good at least a few times a week.

I get the same way sometimes, but then I remind myself that far too soon my baby boy won’t ask anymore. That’s all I need.

I understand where you’re coming from but play when u can even just a few minutes. My daughter is 9.5 now and becoming more independent and on the days she’s ask to play even when I’m tired or not feeling well or whatever it is, I try to play even just a little it makes her so happy. Even if we just sit and make funny faces at each other or tickle. They grow up so fast. You’re gonna miss those days.

1 Like

I will play with my kids sometimes but mostly I want them to use their imagination and play with each other or by themselves. I usually give them ideas of what to play and send them on their way. Maybe you could tell her to make her Barbie a secret hideout or to put together a fashion show

3 Likes

I’m a single full time mother who also goes to school and she said she didn’t like playing with her daughter not that she doesn’t interact with her. I’m taking ECE to work with children and I don’t play with my children to interact with them to learn. What I would do in this situation is plan 2-3 days out of the week for an hour to play, make a schedule for her to know when mom can play with her. My son is all about devices and I will do learning activities with him to have phone time and my daughter will sit with us to try and learn the same

It’s definitely important to play with your kid, but you don’t need to do so all of the time. Kids need to learn to entertain themselves as well. Don’t feel guilty for being tired. It’s okay to be exhausted. It’s okay to not want to play Barbie’s all the time.

1 Like

Offer an alternative. Let’s play to prepare dinner together (and let her help you with cooking).

1 Like

You gotta play at least sometimes 🤷

I play with my 3 yr old but also let him play by himself.

Your child will eventually act out for your attention in some way. Playing with her or spending some of your time with her will show her she does have your attention and that you care.

Set aside a time each day to sit down and play with her. Even if it is only half an hour. Try arts and crafts with her something you can both enjoy.
I know how hard it is wen they constantly want your attention it’s hard going.
You got this

Try finding things you both enjoy doing together.

Growing up my parents didn’t play with us a ton and it effected me as a child, now I understand she was tired but it also made me realize how important it is to play with my children so even on the days that I feel dead tired of my kids ask me to play I’ll play for 10ish minutes and that usually satisfies them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can set aside a 1/2 hour to play. I get the being tired, on the day I really couldn’t I would pretend to be a sick patient and I would have my daughter pretend to be my mom or a nurse/doctor and she’d have to “take care” of me and take my temp and read or tell me a story, cover me for a nap, put a cloth on my forehead, let me rest, etc… I got to lay down and be lazy and they were still playing, ha ha… I miss those days :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dont worry about it. Do what you can when you can.

When my daughter gets anxy and really wants me to play I usually give her little tasts to do. Like go find a certain barbies dress, or shoes, and she gets lost in her toys for a bit, then comes back later wanting something else and I do it again I’ll play and then bring up something she should go do or get and she will go get distracted by all her toys and winds up playing in her room. Or I take her outside to backyard and she likes to chase our dogs and throw the ball to them and we kick the ball back and forth for a little bit. Any small activity will be fun for them

It’s up to you I guess but remember your daughter grows up and it will be brought up why didn’t you play with her…these are memories that your child, wants to remember … it’s important for them as when they have children they will play with their kids. I had four children three girls and a boy I played with them and it’s nice to look back on. my girls loved their Barbies I used to make clothes for them… oh and I had a job too… I too was tired but I did it. Now my grandkids love it when I play with their toys with them… it’s so important for you and them …memories are so nice to look back on…my son we were into wrestlers or he man or the turtles I played with him too…great memories… oh and no your not a bad mother

1 Like

make time to play with her, even if you don’t like barbies that’s your baby wanted to spend time with you !

I couldn’t get into playing with my kids’ toys either, but I did find that I enjoyed playing board games with them. Even the simple ones like Hi-Ho Cherry O or Candyland were fun for me as well as them. My mom was the same way–she never played dolls or anything like that, but she did play games with us. Find something that you find fun.

Normal, however, in the mandatory parenting class when going through custody we had to watch a video. Though we don’t mean we don’t like things the kid is into means we don’t like them, they take it as such. A proposed scenario was “it’s not my favorite, but I’ll play this with you because you like it, then we’ll do something I like”, my daughter is almost 4 and there’s days she annoys the piss out of me. Yesterday I went downstairs to the play room after getting my son down for a nap. I don’t remember what I went down for but she asked if I wanted to play. I said no, because I didn’t want to. I did it anyway. My mom never did anything with us like this, and boy do I remember. My mom and I have never had a good relationship, it’s definitely affected how I am with my daughter. I’ve been making it a point to do little things with her that she likes to do even if it’s not really my thing. Recently she would ask me if I was mad at her, or asks me if I like her when I’d tell her no I don’t want to play. If I tell her we can play later for whatever reason I don’t feel like it, or am too busy to, I make time later to do so. The tantrums, sass, talking back, and disrespect has decreased immensely. Because I’m giving her time on things that she enjoys even if I’m not entirely enjoying it. (Single mom of 2)

Tell her you can play but for only 15 minutes. Set a clock so she knows when time is up. That way you aren’t not playing with her at all and she deserves at least 15 minutes. I know it can be hard at times . Before you know it she will be grown and not want to play with you any more. Then you will wish she wanted to.

9 Likes

There were things I was awful at doing with my kids. I just couldn’t even fake joy…so we tried lots and LOTS of things to find something we could both enjoy. When I was tired I read them stories and played go fish!! I didnt have to move for either. When my brain couldn’t focus they got control of the remote. When I had energy I let them help me cook or bake. Give those kids something to stir and it’s like you handed them gold. I still made sure they felt important and ALWAYS listened to them. But not all of us can do the fake tea parties. I was always supportive of friends coming over and play dates so that they did get someone who wanted to play barbies for hours.

1 Like

God bless you for working and going to school. You are not a bad mom at all. You should try to play at least 10 minutes a day. Cause when she gets older and doesn’t want to play anymore you will miss out and most likely regret it. My daughter is now 25 and I loved it when she was little.

10 Likes

My kids love playing dolls and school and I find it soul crushing. I love them and I would’ve hoped spending time with them would be enough but I hate it. I play very rarely. But we’ve chosen other games together that we both really enjoy. She kills it at UNO. Good luck!

I would definitely make some time - whether it’s what you want to play or not. It doesn’t mean you have to play with her every minute that she wants you to, but I would definitely take the time. Believe me when I say that they don’t stay little forever. It goes by very fast and you can’t get this time back.

12 Likes

Parenting is hard but your kids see when you try they know you do the best you can. It is important in young kids life to spend quality time do what you can that’s all they need. Your not a bad mom. There’s mom’s out there that are not there at all.

1 Like

I know what that feels like working full time and going to school and raising children. Luckily I only have one but my time spent with her was taking her to class with me

Wow judgemental, mother of the year award goes to Jennifer Kaizer🏆 My 10 yr old son and I play catch the ball & we will say if we miss, we smell like blank, & we’ll make something up. Otherwise when he plays cars, he plays alone & that’s my time to chill.

6 Likes

Make some time for her because one day you will be wishing you had. Babies grow up so fast and life is precious. Live it with as less regrets as you can. Include her in your cleaning or cooking, make it a game. Play pretend and dress up for tea time. She just wants your attention. Take her outside and fly a kite(if weather permits). Any thing you do with her, she will enjoy.

5 Likes

No you are not a bad mom for not wanting to play with her. I had my oldest for 4 years before her siblings came along. We didn’t play. She played with her toys. But I did take her out and do things with her. I was also working and going to school too. I have 4 kids now and they play together. Sometimes I will play with them for a few minutes but it isn’t long. Maybe watch a movie with her, or take her out to paint nails and get her hair done. There are things you can do with her and both of y’all enjoy it without having to play with her.

2 Likes