Am I being selfish?

Just do a diaper shower or a small one where gifts are not needed. I would just talk to his mom and see if it’s something she wants to experience. If it is, then maybe ask if she wants to throw it or host it at her house.

Instead of a full blown baby shower, consider what they call a sprinkle. That way his family gets the experience and you get some of the basic necessities. And who doesn’t love to “sprinkle” you and your little with a little love?? I mean your friends and family are probably excited too.

Have one I bet his mom will love it

Have one for his mom. Her first grandbaby is a big deal.

I didnt have a baby shower and my in laws were completely fine because it was a decision me and my boyfriend made, talk to your boyfriend and just explain how you feel about a baby shower, if he truly loves you it shouldnt be a problem

id have one so his family can experience the joys of celebrating their sons 1st child

1 Like

If neither of you are bothered dont have one.
In my day they weren’t heard of. We had christenings or naming parties depending on your beliefs , where close family/friends could meet baby and bring a gift or not as they wished
If you don’t need /want anything why not have a small gathering at home and ask people, if they intend to bring a gift , to donate gifts or cash to a children’s charity or woman’s refuge instead

I say if his family wants to have one ask them to make it small nothing elaborate

1 Like

Have the baby shower. Let both your moms throw it for you.

1 Like

Oh yeah. Maybe. Just a. Party. No. Gifts especially. If. You. might. Still.have. Infant. Apperal . Congragations

Who is throwing this baby shower? If you are doing it yourself, your choice. Don’t have one if you don’t want one. If someone else is planning it and heading it up, don’t disregard them and their efforts. Go and enjoy the fellowship. Personally, if I was one of your relatives, I would rather be attending your bridal shower but …

1 Like

I’d have one. Every baby should get a wee celebration :blush: if people thought you were being selfish then they won’t turn up :woman_shrugging:t2: I don’t think it’s selfish x

1 Like

I would talk to his mom, let her know your not in need of anything, but ur mom suggested u might want one for his side of family… its a nice way to meet his family plus it’s his first baby, first grandbaby. She may want to do one for u or the moms can get together.

Maybe have a gender reveal party instead. It will be fun and gift optional. Your boyfriend can still have that family/friends gathering and you don’t need to feel like it’s a baby shower. :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Have One :pray:People Will come if they want to :balloon:Congratulations :confetti_ball: on this Child​:pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:What joy :pray::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

in Last month i have received $ 20847 by doing work on my mobile. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 19638 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibllity with this ls endless.

Hop Over This>> https://tangerine-basbousa-01b943.netlify.app/

I would talk to his mom. I know it’s your baby but it’s always nice to have her input. As a mom of a son. I would feel upset.

2 Likes

Speak to his mom and ask her then. You can have a shower that would be only his family & their friends rather than yours if you don’t want to feel selfish. Plus, if you have friends or family that have issues with getting you a small gift every few years for a child shouldn’t really be in your life anyways.

1 Like

Ask her, let her plan if so.

Have one for his mom, she’ll love it and why not celebrate baby :heart:

1 Like

LOL having a baby shower is selfish in her mind that’s just a little crazy it’s usually the other way around. And if new grandma on hubby’s side is so worried she should be the one throwing the shower not the expectant mother. It does not work that way.

1 Like

Talk to his mama and let her take the reins and invite some of their family and her close friends! She will love it and feel sooo included. Take it from a boy mama who’s never included in the planning.

1 Like

I would have one, doesn’t have to be a big thing but invite his mom. Congrats BTW :tada::heart:

2 Likes

You could do an online one, do an Amazon registry and have the gifts mailed to you. Maybe ask them if they’d like to purchase to do it ahead of time so you can do like a live video of opening it up. That way you can be comfortable in your home and thank everyone for the gifts and even play trivia games and then mail out prizes to those that won?

Every baby deserves a baby shower they are such a blessing

2 Likes

You guys do what YOU TWO want to do. Not everyone else. You don’t want a baby shower, don’t have one. You want one, then have one. You want to have just a small get together of immediate family and friends, do it. Also just bc this is your 3rd baby, does not mean it is any less special than the last 2. YOU ARE CREATING LIFE. You are so important and so is that sweet new baby. You two show your excitement however you want too. Just keep your boundaries set with family. Talk to each other now so you both can figure out boundaries you would like in place with family and each other. Good luck :purple_heart:

2 Likes

I would have one that way it helps you on getting items your going to need

1 Like

You could ask his mom and see if she wanted to throw one? Ask how she feels about yall kot having one. If it makes her happy may be worth having a small shower even if you just ask for everyone to bring diapers

Baby showers are a celebration of the new baby coming maybe still have one but include maybe a line and say instead of gifts bring a book to start the new baby a library?

1 Like

Maybe just a casual get together for lunch at a nice restaurant. 

A baby shower is usually thrown by family and/or friends, to show their love and support of you & your baby. Considering this is his mother’s first grandbaby, it’s a big deal to her. You may have been thru the experience before, but he hasn’t… and neither has his mom. Most men say they don’t care one way or the other, especially since most baby showers are just a bunch of women getting together & cooing over a bunch of baby stuff. But I can tell you, men get just as excited to see all the “stuff” as the women do.

Here’s another thought … when you get excited & make the effort, it’s going to show him you’re really excited about having HIS baby … his FIRST baby … his mom’s FIRST grandbaby.

It can’t hurt anyone to do it … but it could hurt some feelings if you don’t do it.

Allow those people who love you to be involved in this tradition with you.

Think about it like this : we can always afford to do something nice for ourselves on our own birthdays, but it means so much more to us when someone else is thoughtful enough to do those same nice things for us. It’s their way of showing how much they appreciate us … it makes them feel good, and it makes us feel good.

Have the baby shower … it’s not about who can afford what. It’s about celebrating the baby!

1 Like

Just have a gender reveal party .It is lost of fun and his family will not miss out on anything. Enjoy

It’s up to u. Either way u are not being selfish, What ever your decide

I thought you only had them for the 1st baby. If they wanna give you stuff let them. If being his 1st they could do a co ed shower

3 Likes

Honestly just ask the bf mom if she wants to have one. If she says it doesn’t matter then. Explain to her how u feel.

1 Like

I say do it, it’s a whole experience, especially if it’s his first, I say do it🤩

Have Diaper party instead.

1 Like

How about getting married?

2 Likes

Let his Mom give you one

2 Likes

Do a baby sprinkle to welcome baby home instead:)

2 Likes

We were very superstitious regarding baby showers. I didn’t even have the crib set up with my first child until he was born. My husband and mother in law got everything ready while I was in the hospital and knew we had a healthy baby boy.

Men go to baby showers?

Seems pretty simple…uh …ask her :roll_eyes:

Ask your MIL what she would like to do. Maybe she could host the party and would invite her friends. You could ask those on your side if they would like a invitation or not. It’s a celebration of a coming life. It is a one shot deal for baby. :sparkling_heart:

4 Likes

Just have a small baby shower with his side of the family ask if his mom wants to throw it…and maybe post to your fb asking your friends and family if they would want to come but don’t have to🤷🏻‍♀️

1 Like

Ask him if he wants to get married.

2 Likes

I think it’s really up to you but if you could always invite everyone you want and I think if there was anyone who thought you had enough than they just wouldn’t come to the shower. It’s really about how you feel but I’m sure your boyfriends mom would love to have one for her first grandchild. My kids better not have kids any time soon but I know these are things people look forward to helping or having for there grandchildren

1 Like

Have the baby shower I wish I had been able to have all one with my son but he was born premie and born before his baby shower definitely had one with my daughter and we even had a bouncy house for my son so he wouldn’t feel left out

A celebration but with low emphasis on gifts maybe.

1 Like

With my last child I had people come meet the baby at my house as a welcome shower when he was about 2 weeks old. It was only a drop in

1 Like

Instead of a traditional baby shower have a brunch. Hire a large table and invite everyone to come celebrate before the baby gets there and if they want to buy gifts they’ll ask

1 Like

That’s easy. Don’t plan one yourself. If his mother’s side of the family wants to have one, let them plan it and you accept graciously. This way your side of the family is relieved of the obligation and you haven’t hurt his side of the family.
And if it isn’t important to them then no shower.

10 Likes

I agree with your Mom. You could just invite his family and friends.

Every baby deserves to be celebrated and it always helps to get gifts. I had one for all my babies. My last one was december last year

2 Likes

Do a little sprinkle or a gender reveal if you don’t want a shower! There’s other was to have fun with it and no one is obligated to buy anything. Just throw a little celebration. This is my 4th child 2 boys 9-6 and 1 girl 2 yrs old. And I’m just doing a gender reveal party with food and cake! And then followed by some fun with gender ideas!

Just do a small family thing. Talk to the mom. You should be able to about these things…

If you do decide to have one make sure your mom & everyone that wants a shower is the one planning & financing it. A shower is supposed to be thrown for you otherwise you can just buy your own things as you mentioned. You should be able to just show up pretty & peaceful.

Have a small family shower if you don’t want to have a big one.

I didn’t have one for my only daughter but I may have on for my next in few years don’t know would talk t Mr Wen tht time came x

OMG baby showers are overrated. I have 2 kids. No baby showers either time. I could have actually used the help also but that’s just not my MO.

You could always just have a gathering to celebrate the baby. Maybe a diaper party? & Just say that gifts are optional? I think they used to be called a “sprinkle” instead of a shower? I’ve seen people have a Baby-Q. Where it’s basically just a BBQ to celebrate the new baby.

How about just a party. Make sure you put on the invite that it is no gifts, just them that you want.

Shower yes its a celebration and a gathering

You don’t have to have a baby shower you can just do a “sprinkle” if having a party or not doesn’t matter to him. Have it at your house or a small gathering somewhere with food and people can bring whatever they like present wise. It doesn’t have to be a big huge shower. Don’t let people make you feel guilty for silly things.

1 Like

I say have a sprinkle or allow his mom to decide if she wants a shower.

I’m a divorced mom of 2 and me and my love are welcoming my first son and his first child (biological he considers my girls his) and I wasn’t going to do one. But my girls wanted to throw me a shower and so they are with the assistance of my mom his mom and my sister. :woman_shrugging:t2:

I feel blessed by it.
And I’m excited that they are celebrating their baby brothers arrival.

Baby showers are a new thing here in the UK. What happened to just receiving gifts when baby is born usually grandparents ask what you would like ie pram , cot etc . Now having a baby has become commercial. How long before the presents get bigger and more expensive and one side of the family trying to outdo each other. Like children’s birthday parties. It used to be a couple jam butties a cake and a few kids now it’s hundreds of pounds theme’s and goodness knows what else. How awful if there is only one side to a family How sad it must make mum or dad feel. Nought like rubbing your nose in it never mind the financial pressure.

Talk to his family and see how they feel

Honestly this is going to be an unpopular opinion. But I would reach out to your MIL and she what she says. Let her know you and your BF are indifferent either way, but you will do it if that’s something she wants. Then go from there. If it means more to her than it does to you, why not just do it?

4 Likes

Talk to his mom about it

1 Like

Share your joy with a small shower.

Well just let them decide his mother and your mother if they want to give you one let them know harm done

It’s really up to you and your man. This is your baby. If you are worried that your family is tired of baby showers from you having kids then don’t invite them. Let this be for his family. Either way it’s not selfish to not want one. It’s selfish for people to make you feel this way.

Tall to his mom about it! Men have no clue. See if she wants to throw you one. If not, ndont worry about it.

Talk to his mother. See how she feels about it. In this particular case I’d say if she would like you to have a shower because it’s her first grandchild then have a shower. We Grandparent’s love to celebrate out grandbabies especially if it’s our first. As a first time grandmother I paid for the shower along with the other grandmother. It was us working together. It was my daughter having the baby but still its both of our grandchild. I’d do anything for her and her husband to ease their expense. They can afford everything on their own but it’s nice to have people who love and care about you help celebrate your baby.

3 Likes

Do a shower for him. Diaper shower

maybe talk to his mom and let her know that you’re thinking about not having one and see what she thinks. I do agree with you but if you’re worried enough about it to ask on here then maybe that’s the route you should go.

I would say it is an experience that you never get back especially when you’re experiencing it for the first time. It honestly sounds like your boyfriend is being supportive of whatever you want to do I would say though just go ahead and celebrate your baby and have a baby shower with your boyfriend and all the family especially if that’s your boyfriend’s mom only chance to have those experiences. In my opinion you don’t mind not having those experiences because you already have those or had those but everyone else hasn’t experienced the firsts. I’m kinda with your mom on this one but I wouldn’t say it would be selfish if you decided not to have one.

Normally I would agree with you. You have had two already. Your circumstances though make this a first grandchild on his side. If his side of the family makes you a shower, then go ahead with it. If your family wants to make you a shower, they could put on the invitation that for his family, this will be their first grandchild and that they are all invited to celebrate with them, this new birth.

1 Like

I would ask bfs mom if she wants yall to have one if this is her first grand I would probably be more considerate of how she feels about it then my side especially if you e been there done that. I only had one baby shower but I kept a lot of stuff from the first one sonwe didn’t need much. It was also my mom’s second grand and his mom’s 8th

2 Likes

Do the baby’s shower you won’t regret it

1 Like

in Last month i have received $ 20642 by doing work on my mobile. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 19638 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibllity with this ls endless.

Hop Over This>> https://lambent-treacle-46f71c.netlify.app/

Usually after the second child, no more baby showers. Personally it looks greedy, and no one is stopping grandma from buying. And yes there are plenty of people out there that could use these things. Shelters, homeless. Diaper banks, maybe consider these.

Talk with her and say if she wants to have one your all in but if not you guys will be just fine . Good to see that you are considering her side .

You do need to talk to another person: your boyfriend’s mom. Is she super excited and expecting a baby shower? Or is she more low-key and isn’t crazy about the idea? Your mom sounds as if she is quite excited and wants the party. Your boyfriend sounds like he’s pretty non-committal about it. You think you don’t “need” one. If his mom is excited and you are up to it, do one. If his mom is as unconcerned as he seems to be, then do what makes you happy.

1 Like

I would have one to celebrate the coming of the precious new life. Just put no presents required or needed or however you want to word that part. Tell everyone that it is a Celebration party and give 1st time Grandma the full experience. Have fun!:baby::tada:

3 Likes

Have a baby shower, just tell everyone not to bring anything.

You should have one. Every baby should be celebrated. If your feeling guilty for having ‘yet another’ dont. Your friends and family want to celebrrate with u! You could call it a Sprinkle instead of Shower If youre ‘that’ bothered by it :slightly_smiling_face: Plus even if MIL sayyys she doesnt want a party she still probably does so Celebrate you and your baby and enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

In my opinion a baby shower isn’t for anyone but the parents and if y’all don’t want one then don’t have one. But, if you want to do it for the grandma’s I’m sure they would love to throw you a party/dinner and buy gifts. Grandmas usually love that type of stuff.

Id throw one anyway, because it is his first child & his moms only kid. He might say he doesn’t care now, but you don’t know how he’ll feel 5 yes from now. This way, regardless him & his family get that experience

1 Like

I mean if people want to buy you things they can…I’m having my second and I didn’t have a shower, im due in 16 day’s. I only made a registry and even then I JUST created it because I didnt even wanna do that either lol.

Have you heard of a baby sprinkle? It’s like a baby shower but smaller. People can purchase essentials like baby soaps, lotions diaper cream, medicines, diapers or whatever small items you would be open to receiving. It’s a good compromise. You could always just do a diaper party for the baby’s daddy too those are fun.

in Last month i have received $ 13488 by doing work on my mobile. I never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 19638 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibllity with this ls endless.

Hop Over This>> https://inspiring-crepe-4c2439.netlify.app/

Talk to his family then, not the internet. :woman_facepalming:t2:

If you really don’t want one that don’t have one but something small like a dinner to celebrate the life

Why would it be any type of issue with his mom? Im lost here… if your side I gave you your first two baby showers ask his mom to do this one since her the way she wants it and make it just a special for her and him. It really should be your moms choice.

I wouldnt go as far to call you selfish at all. Maybe just do a baby “celebration”/diaper drive, people can buy diapers/wipes and open up an optional registry if people want to buy you something+so you can get the registry discount too, but totally up to you. You wouldnt be selfish, youre being reasonable. If you want to be thoughtful for your bfs mother/family doing something low key like that would be nice, dont feel pressured into it. It’s also nice to celebrate each baby as they come

So do a diaper shower.

Let them do it if they want to and go and enjoy it. They want to celebrate your new bundle :baby_bottle:

This is between you 2 not your mum or anybody else

2 Likes

Talk to him about it if he says he don’t care then don’t have one. I didn’t have any for my first or second.

1 Like