Am I in the wrong to think my ex should be sending our daughters clothes with her?

And if he didn’t buy clothes for her we’d be reading how he’s a deadbeat :roll_eyes: this is a non issue let him buy his daughter clothes jeez

1 Like

Because it’s about control not the child :person_shrugging:
Thank God we no longer have to go thru that as the trash took itself out & my grandson is thriving not having to deal with that type of situation any longer.

Stay strong & just love your baby.

I’d prefer kids to have a set if clothes at the other parents house. Less to pack

If I were you I’d be HAPPY he does that. I have an excessive amount of clothes/shoes/socks/and underwear that my sons wears to his dad’s and we never see them again.
I try to do exactly what your bd is doing. Change my son out into everything his dad brought him in. And I usually still get screwed someone and constantly have to buy my son new stuff.
So the answer is Yes, you’re a bit overboard with your thought process here.

1 Like

When we co-parent with my step daughter, we ask that her clothes stay at her then home and we had clothes at our house for when she visited, we would always send her back in the clothes she come to our house in, so they wasn’t any arguments over an outfit because they have been, when he sent her in anything we brought and sent her in to her other home. It’s pretty normal for parents to co-parent like that

2 Likes

It’s fine some kids don’t even have parents! He’s gone out his way to buy her clothing nappys ect and dresses her back up in your clothing clean and undamaged ! Sounds like a good deal :ok_hand:
And good dad tbh

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t see the problem

2 Likes

As long as your child is coming home happy, healthy and clean…what does it matter what clothes she wears?

2 Likes

You’re being ridiculous and very petty

5 Likes

It absolutely is NOT ABNORMAL or selfish for him to keep the clothes he buys for her at his house.
You mentioned him having another baby that wasn’t particularly relevant to the situation at hand.
You mentioned no longer sharing a diaper bag.
At both points you said you don’t care…but if you didn’t care…why include it?
I think you need to sit down and do some self-reflection. Ask yourself the hard questions:

1. what exactly is bothering you so much about all of this?
  2. why exactly is it bothering you?
  3. what can you do to cope with your feelings? (Note. Being petty and vindictive is not coping. It’s not helpful to anyone. It may feel good but it will hurt more than it helps.)
1 Like

As long as she has what she needs at both homes what is the problem? You sound like you’re just mad you’re not getting anything out of him any more.

7 Likes

You really got to pick your battles

There’s nothing wrong with that. That’s a good habit to start doing now so it becomes routine by the time she’s older. This way it keeps your things that you bought separate so you have them when you need them/ want them. We do this with my bf’s kids and I do it with my son. Because we have 5 kids in total my house is never spotless and it’s easy to lose clothes that belong at bonus kid’s mom’s house and my ex’s clothes for my son. And vice versa. And while they don’t usually care about the clothes except once in a blue moon, I care about the clothes my bf and I have bought for them and I rarely get them back. So we started doing this to be fair for all parties involved. It’s a good thing.

I have three children and I co parent. They have their clothes and things at his house and the same at mine. I don’t expect him to give me anything that he bought.

The only one being ridiculous in this entire thing is you.

2 Likes

That’s the way I always did it with my kids dad. Even now they’re teenagers they go in their own clothes, wear what day bought at his house and get changed into clothes from home to come back in

This is an absolutely perfect set up that he has going on. He wants his own stuff for her. What’s the actual issue here? Get over yourself.

2 Likes

My ex used to not send clothes back, we got into an argument about it and I stopped sending clothes. I think the point was missed because they always come home in the clothes I send them in lol but idc, they have clothes in both houses, you sound jealous.

Well this is exactly how I used to do it with my ex-husband. If I’m paying for it, it’s staying at my house. :woman_shrugging:t2: He can buy his own items for our son because that’s his responsibility too.

But also, seems like she’s a NEW MOM GUYS. so all the snakey, rude ass comments are unnecessary. Advice is helpful. Your judgment is not.

It’s sounds like your bitter about him having another baby, he’s not stealing your clothes he’s simply keeping his, there’s nothing wrong with that

1 Like

It’s not ridiculous at all!! I think it’s awesome he’s providing on HIS time and not expecting you to provide for his home…. It’s not his obligation to share those things with you as it’s not yours to share with him. Be thankful, most women would KILL to have this kind of relationship.

14 Likes

I dont see a issue with what he is doing. He should buy clothes for his house for the child. Just like you should buy what the child needs for your house. He dosent need to buy clothes and give them to you for the child. Your childs father is right. Stop being petty. Dont be a HCBM being thats what it sounds like your trying to be now. Your not trying to coparent your trying to start drama. Your ex is the one trying to coparent with you and your just trying to start drama over clothes.

So the child’s father sees her regularly, has supplies for her at his house and returns the stuff from your house? What did I miss? I’m not finding a problem here.

2 Likes

My daughter & her ex do it this way also. Works for them. If she buys boys nice stuff, he doesn’t keep it. Don’t have to pack either

I had the clothes issues with my daughter’s dad. Like there the kids damn clothes not mine!

I’m honestly confused on what the issue is… if she’s happy, loved, and taken care of by him, just be grateful for that. You’re nit picking.

Most people do this! They have clothes and car seats for their house and you have your own. Why should he be buying stuff for her at your house? That’s your responsibility.

I prefer it when my son comes home in the outfit I sent him in. We keep our own things for him at our respective households. If I end up with “his” clothes I return them in a bag. If something of “mine” doesn’t come home I ask about it and it gets returned. But I have learned not to send him in anything I really would hate to not get back.

1 Like

Don’t trip. I’d rather keep the clothes I buy. My son took his Nintendo switch over to his dad’s house and he feels weird to ask for it back because her kids play with it.

That’s wild lol whatever works for you both :woman_shrugging:t4: it’s a bit strange that this has only just started happening and he changes her at drop off :woozy_face: I’d prob just have a little giggle n that’s about it :woman_shrugging:t4:

You sound petty :woman_shrugging:

Get over it. Nbd. My children’s father buys them clothes, toys and food. I see some of it and some it I don’t. I really dont care. As long as their clothed, fed and happy it really shouldn’t matter.

1 Like

It’s ok. Let him keep it.

Your being petty and immature. He’s doing the right thing. Your making a problem where there isn’t.

1 Like

It doesnt get bad until the noncustodial picks them up in school clothes and drops them off in rags (repeatedly), then you can write in with a legit complaint

I’m feeling like there’s more behind this and it’s not about the clothes, it’s his sudden change. And you guys were smooth sailing and now he’s acting different with the person he has pregnant now. I’m sure you’re thinking she has something to do with this sudden change and what else is she going to start influencing in his ear. Best to leave people coparent as to what works best for them. But now is the time to step back and get boundaries and keep things as simple and distant as possible. Maybe start making those changes now, so that everyone isn’t feeling some kind of way. It’s good you both have everything baby girl needs. Just stay focused on that only.

Send her in her clothes and tell him to save it so he can put it on her when he returns… that’s too much for the kid. Baby does not need to get changed as he shows up and drops off… being dumb

I actually like this. Sets boundaries but also…do you know how many women would kill to have their child’s father have his own set of stuff for his house.

12 Likes

You def sound petty. You should have your own stuff and vice versa.

1 Like

I think your making a bigger deal than it is….

2 Likes

Nothing wrong with that. :woman_shrugging:

He buys them for her so it’s his choice, as long as he’s sending you the money he should be you should stop thinking those clothes are yours. If she’s 1 then her clothes are not really hers as she isn’t old enough to pick them. Perhaps he got fed up of buying her nice new clothes and not seeing them again? Sounds like you are jealous because he probably wants to keep his choice of clothes for the little one after? Me and my partner try and keep his daughters clothes here when we can otherwise it’s a pain to keep asking for them etc

1 Like

Sooo what exactly is the problem?

1 Like

I have more issues with the fact he only gets her once a week.

1 Like

I can’t say that he is in the wrong but that maybe it hasn’t been effectively communicated with how he wants things to be from now on. I have 50/50 with my son’s father, and we had an issue with my son taking whatever he wanted over there and bringing whatever he wanted back to my house. One of us was always running out of clothes and they would all end up at the others, so we had next to nothing unless we went out to buy more. We started labeling the tags on his clothes with “M” and “D” for Mom’s house and Dad’s house, so we would know what to send back that was bought by the other parent. It was definitely easier that way.

Your being childish move on down the road honey

Choose your battles. I’d be more concerned with him meeting half way with the price of gas. Hopefully you aren’t driving all the way to him.

What does him having another baby have to do with any of this?
You’re just being petty on so many levels it’s really sad for your daughter
He sees his child regularly, he provides for her on his time, what’s the issue?

1 Like

Omg get over it your not a couple anymore …when my parents would switch off weekly we had our own clothes for at each home and wasn’t sent to the others in just because your oc parenting doesn’t mean they need to share what they have for said child at their home with you

I wish my ex would. He sends her in clothes he bought, then says “send them back”. I’m not organized enough to remember what is from him, me or other people. I’ve told him multiple times, write something on the tag so I know, or just send her back in the clothes I sent her in :roll_eyes::woman_shrugging:t2: otherwise you’ll get them back, when you get them back. Side note, he hardly ever gives the clothes back I send her in.

Whatever he buys stays at his house. How is that ridiculous

So much better each home has their own stuff . No arguments .

Why does he only have her one day a week? Cause he sounds like a good dad. He should at least have her every other weekend as well.

Wow. I feel bad for that dad. You sound like a horrible person to co parent with. As long as the clothes fit and aren’t gross why does it matter? Unless it’s something special just be glad he is there and trying. Ffs he should also have more time than just once a week.

1 Like

Let him keep his and u keep yours

That’s the new baby momma lol :laughing:

2 Likes

Are you sending her bed and car seat too? I would think he would have his own everything to he honest… what happens if one day you’re unavailable to pick her up and he has her longer? Think about her needs instead of being selfish and want everything at your house… also maybe he has a certain way he’d like her to dress especially if there’s family gathering or whatever… it’s nice to know he is prepared! Be thankful for the things he has for her! My kids dad don’t have anything for them, he don’t see them and if there’s an emergency and they absolutely have to go to him he would have nothing for them!
Honestly I’m kinda jealous that there’s men out there that care about their kids well-being because my kids dad sure dont!

3 Likes

Everyone I know does it that way. Change clothes and send them back in clothes they came in :woman_shrugging: it’s easier to keep track of stuff. I can understand how it seems silly if he only has her 3 or 4 days a month though. But seems like you’re making something out of nothing

If you have plenty of clothes for her, then why do you even care. Stop being a petty Betty and leave the man be :roll_eyes:

5 Likes

You have your own stuff, he has his…
What’s the problem? You say you have moment for your child so what is the issue?

1 Like

Nothing wrong with it. I would be mad if I spent all this money on clothing for my child just to send them to the other parent with some outfits for the weekend and then never see the clothing again. So sorry, I agree with Dad :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

He’s absolutely right. He keeps clothes for her at his place and you use the clothes you have. Each one should be responsible for her clothes in their own home. And she should be returned in the outfit she was picked up on. And he may only have her once a week now, but stay preparing yourself cause that will eventually change. He’s thinking the right way. Be happy he’s at least taking care and providing for her.

3 Likes

Yes he’s being petty, but at the same time he’s providing for his daughter & it’s benefiting you, so let him :woman_shrugging: I’m sure as she gets older, changing clothes at pick up/drop off will stop. Let it be.

Co parenting is just that. You have your way of doing things, and he has his. The coparenting comes by meeting in the middle. Is she fed and dressed and clean when he has her? So what does it matter?

2 Likes

Sounds like my partners kids mum, literally had one of them sent over in shoes too small before and takes their shoes off before they get out the car :rofl::rofl: so petty, we have our clothes from them and she has clothes at hers for them it is easier and less arguments

You just sound petty and like u just want something to bicker with him about…

6 Likes

As you get older, you learn how to pick your battles.
I don’t think there’s anything wrong with his set up.

2 Likes

YOU will be happy it’s this way when that other child is sharing sharing clothes the same size as your daughter. We use to not care and then they got a burr up their butt and now then send her clothes back and I do the same, but idc because I buy clothes for my kids , not theirs. It’s better to get it figured out now than later. The other parent tends to not care if that parent has spent money on clothes and shoes and let it get destroyed at their house because it’s not their money they paid. So it’s better like this than to pay for nice clothes and then come back trashed because they didn’t care that you paid so much for them. IMO.

He bought them…. For her while she’s at his home. I think you’re overreacting big time. There’s too many other things that are more important than being upset with him bc he purchased clothes for her while she’s with him. Triiiiiippin’.

4 Likes

We co parent & each house has their own set of everything for said child.

Idk girlfriend, this sounds petty.

3 Likes

Honestly, you should be glad. My ex has kept several items I bought our kids or won’t return them until they are too small. Now he sends them to my house in clothes he bought, I wash them and return them in the same outfit. Doesn’t seem like a big deal :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

Also he must pay child support so if you want him to contribute to clothes at you’re house for her that’s what that money should be for. Any clothes he had at his house if he wants to keep themnat his house that’s perfectly reasonable. He bought them and he wants to keep them there at his house for his daughter. If he’s crazy strick about intake issue with that bit generally that’s how it should be working. B

1 Like

Just let it go. Better than him taking her clothes that you bought and returning her in second hand clothes.

1 Like

Actually it’s HIS clothes he has for her. My ex and I do the same. Our son has the stuff I bought him at my house and the stuff his dad bought him at his house. You sound hella petty and upset he is having another child. Do you buy her brand new stuff she can leave at his place? Probably not. He can choose to do whatever he wants with the clothes he buys her. That’s his daughter too. You aren’t owed his clothes. Sounds like you just want to fight. And why do you only let her see her dad once a week? Sounds like he is providing for her

4 Likes

Wowww. He’s petty as fuck. That’s bullshit. It’s not his clothes, it’s HERS. Him being like that is toxic as fuck, and will only be damaging to the baby. Changing her back into what you sent her there in…? Wtf. Like wow how petty can you be? They’re for her. I agree, he sounds very petty, childish, and unreasonable.

Let this one go. There will be more important things to argue about as she gets older.

1 Like

my husband has 50/50 with his daughter & ex. i take the clothes off that she came in & send her back in those same clothes. what WE buy is OURS. that’s just that… we don’t keep her shit & she doesn’t keep ours. i’m not buying stuff for her mother, i’m buying stuff for the daughter.

You sound crazy. He bought that for his daughter for his house. You’re making drama out of nothing :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

1 Like

You didn’t buy it and no he does not have to send HIS stuff to your house lmao ridiculous you are!!

2 Likes

I think it’s fair to have all your own stuff at your own house. Speaking from experience, I used to buy my step kids name brand (under armour, Nike, addias, etc) and if they wore it to their moms house I never saw those clothes again and she would tell the kids “well your daddy never buys you anything so I’m keeping your nice clothes” and she would send them back in clothes that looked two sizes too small and were filthy. I personally bought all those clothes so I stopped letting them wear them to her house and started sending them back in the outfits she sent them in.

4 Likes

I don’t see how that’s a problem. When we got my husband’s daughter for weekends I would do the same. We have her own things at our house, she would go home in her clothes and the mother stopped sending things bc what’s the point when we have our own. You sound like you’re a control freak

1 Like

So what’s the problem dad stepped up got his own stuff good for him you should appreciate his willingness to provide things for her

6 Likes

You’re the only one being ridiculous, you should feel lucky your daughter has a father willing to buy her things to keep in his home. Some children get nothing from their fathers, some fathers don’t even bother to buy their children clothes and shoes or even see them…
You are going to ruin your coparenting situation if you keep being petty,selfish and jealous. Thinking you still need to have “whats mine is yours” attitude shows you still have some feelings that shouldn’t be there. Be happy and praise that man for wanting to buy his daughter things for in his home as well as preparing for another child.

5 Likes

We keep clothes separate also but he does go over there in the clothes that I have for him they just come back when he comes back in a bag- and then vice versa. So he has a little bag and we send the clothes back-and-forth that he went to the other parents in every visit. Honestly it shouldn’t be that big of a deal as long as the clothes are going back to the parent who purchased them at the end of the day:)

Be grateful that he’s there and he does provide for her. That’s really not uncommon a lot of parents do that. 

2 Likes

You’re petty and need to grow up

3 Likes

This is actually a very normal thing lol. And you said you have plenty of clothes for her so I don’t see why this is even an issue?

He has his own stuff for her. So what so being petty.

Some parents end up doing that. Sending them back in the clothes they came in. As long as they’re clean and the child looks fine I wouldn’t sweat it. The child is being taken care of and that’s the most you can ask for. So now the clothes stay at his house and your clothes stay at your house. No biggie. Also what goes on at his home is his problem. Don’t worry about where he keeps the child’s things. He has them. And that’s a good thing.

You are in fact wrong. My ex does exactly as yours, changes her and uses his clothes for her and then sends her back in mine. I don’t see a problem with this, and don’t see why you would either. I feel like there is some slight pettiness and the fact he is having another child with someone else shouldn’t even matter in the scenario.

2 Likes

There’s no reason he can’t have clothes and stuff for her at his house. If she has plenty of clothes at home, like you said, then why does it matter. You should be grateful he has stuff for her at his house. You don’t have to worry about packing a bunch for her when she goes over there and you know if she has some kind of accident, makes a mess, she has clothes there to change into.

1 Like

Maybe he’s struggling financially and trying to save as much as he can. Especially with a new baby in the way. I don’t think this is a bad deal he’s got going on. I do think you’re being weird.

From experience, when my husband sends his son with his mother with clothes we bought it gets left at her place so we end up having to buy so much more clothes especially since she sends him with only what he has on. So we prefer to just send him back with what he came with otherwise we’d be buying clothes every week

3 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about it. As long as he’s taking care of the kid, that’s really all that matters. Don’t make a big deal out of something minute. It will drive you crazy. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Girl you’re childish as hell. Why does it matter as long as he’s placing clean clothes in her. Every parent should have a set of their own clothes and other items for their child at their home. I would understand if you were sending her with clothes and weren’t getting them back but that’s not the case. Be glad he’s providing for you all child’s and she isn’t wanting or needing anything while there. You need to leave it be there are bigger issues then him keeping the clothes HE BOUGHT at HIS OWN HOME

9 Likes

That’s how it was with my oldest and her dad’s place. She went on a friday they’d change her… She’d come home on a Sunday in the clothes she went it. At first I thought it was ridiculous. But as she got older, It’s no longer an issue. What she has there (toys, electronics etc) stays there. what she has at home stays at home…

1 Like

Ok…but if he didn’t buy her any clothes then you’d also be complaining.
You’re reaching :unamused:

3 Likes

Girl no he’s right :joy::joy: he bought clothes for his daughter at HIS HOUSE. you have clothes at YOUR HOUSE for your kid right? You’re fucking petty

you’re making something out of nothing.
this is actually pretty normal/common to do. You have stuff for her at your place, he has stuff at his. Stop being childish.

2 Likes

All that matters is she is clothed, fed, happy and loved. Doesn’t matter if it only one day a week, it’s his money, his house, his business. Sounds like you got a good deal, no need to pack, no need to worry because he has everything for her. She is well taken care of and y’all are doing a great job. The new baby has nothing to do with her clothing, or items. It’s his life, he’s moved on, you should too. Your daughter is very blessed, and alot of kids in split homes WISH they could have that.

1 Like