Am I in the wrong?

Simple. Leave him. He’s a loser. You can do bad all by yourself .

The only help you need is to leave him, he serves no purpose in your life as your other half. Find someone who matches you and respects you. Just cause you leave him doesn’t mean the kids lose their father.

1 Like

He will end up beating the hell out of the car watch and see most men do!!!With that being said get rid of his ass he’s probably riding girls around in your car you bought.It sounds like your doing fine with out him your the only one paying bills.

You’re doing great. Don’t let him bring you down! He probably feels guilty and is trying to bring you to his level. Keep strong and keep on!

1 Like

Throw him to the curb Get ur car back he dont need to drive it if he’s a total douchebag of a driver Get ur life back on track u did it without him b4 u don’t need him now!!! You do you just becuz u have kids dont mean u got to hold on DUMP HIS AZZ

1 Like

If one of your daughters were going through this and they asked for your advice, what would you tell them? And do just that! Whatever advice you would give them do it yourself.

Also, about the driving thing… I also have anxiety and I’m not really sure what happened but one day a few years ago I started panicking and just could not drive anymore. :woman_shrugging:t2: It sucks.

2 Likes

Tell him to man up and take care of his family it’s his place or to go find him another place to live.

1 Like

Kick him out and take the car. Screw that guy.

1 Like

Sounds like a user. Wants sm1 to take care of him so do not give up ur security for ur kids and urself just to make the selfish sob happy. Ur on disability for a reason like u said. He’s just being selfish.

2 Likes

Please forgive me but your Husband is a Class A Schmuck!! Put him on your pay no mind list and keep doing for your kids. Let him know that he drives the shit out of the car and it is his responsibility to keep it on the road. I also have Anxiety and Agoraphobia from a Narcissist who almost killed me and my Kid. Girl, I get it and don’t let him tear you down. If he can’t see and appreciate what you do for the family, Tell him to burn the road up… He doesn’t deserve you, and he may be part of the reason for your disability. Wishing you Love, Light and Strength

Kick his ass to the curb !!

He’s a bum, dump him

3 Likes

Not understanding his role??
What he there for ?

What???

2 Likes

Ahhh nope. Where was he physically and mentally when he was in jail. And is he gonna pay the rent from now on til you get a check or job? Hell no. You didn’t have to stay by his side whne he was in jail and he contributed nothing in that time it’s not like you don’t contribute at all.

1 Like

And I’ve had a brother who I’ve helped support in prison for 14 years now he wi be there for 16 when he gets out and he always thanks me for anything and everything I’ve done.

Different income source at higher rate is what your situation needs. Or a good side hustle. Side jobs. A driving course could help the other. For the beefing, yes leave. But for the strapped cash situations, a Lil side hustle works. Or have him get a driving job. That would fix that lead foot. Good luck!

I’m concerned for the kids
Are you getting help for the anxiety?

Why are you still with this man? Father of your children is not a good reason to stay with somebody like that
I hope you find your way out for you and your children obviously you have no problem taking care of yourself without his help so I believe you should do just that and leave or better yet make him leave. it’s not healthy or good for you or your children to be in a toxic environment good luck

1 Like

Girl! If you don’t dump that zero, you and your kids will definitely suffer more than ever. He is an energy vampire. He’s sucking the life out of the whole family. Everything would be fine for you and your children if he wasn’t around. He’s the common denominator to all the problems. Trouble finds him like a magnet. You don’t owe him anything. It’s time to let him go. He needs to make his own way because he is bringing your family down.

Lay out the bills and be like ok so if we lose this income this is how we will have to split the bills and tell him you will have to contribute more to stay afloat

1 Like

When you said you could give up your disability and go back to work I lost all respect!! Because mentally you could, but you choose not to because why? Get a job and contribute to society. Eat right and exercise everyday don’t give you mind the chance to wonder into anxiety. If youre not happy change!

3 Likes

No,you are not wrong. I’m also on disability and know for a fact that if you don’t have a debilitating illness you won’t get disability. Tell him you take care of your children and your house and he can work and he can contribute. Your already doing all you can and he needs to do the same thing.

1 Like

Tell him too Fuck off

Read your own post & than ask. Kick him to the crub! What are you teaching your kids, that what you are in is a healthy relationship. Your telling & sending them a wrong message. Don’t tell them go down the same path. You are the adult, not his DOORMAT…

2 Likes

Do not give up your Disability. If you get a job & find you can’t do it, you would need the Disability to live on. Obviously your husband has emotional issues.Don’t allow him to drag you down. You continue doing the best you can. Have you heard of the 7 yr. itch?It is real. TALK to each other-no yelling.Discuss what you can do to make your marriage better. God bless you.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I in the wrong? - Mamas Uncut

Are they his kids if not he can’t claim them “””since people are getting cross with me some mothers don’t want the boyfriend to claim the kids if they aren’t his kids which in this case they are his kids””” which it shouldn’t matter who claims them unless you both separate finances in my situation it’s “our” money not his or mine it’s ours so it don’t matter who claimed the kids smh

3 Likes

It does sound like he pays most of the big bills I would let him claim the kids

19 Likes

Man correct me if I’m wrong but mortgage, lights, water, electric…are because of kids. Yes?

43 Likes

So the kids don’t need a place to live, don’t use electricity or water?

27 Likes

My boyfriend and I will be together 12 years in October and all my kids are his biological kids so he’s claimed them every year

2 Likes

Why don’t you each claim one since they are his kids too?

12 Likes

Soooo, your kids don’t need a roof over their head, water, heat electricity…:thinking:

27 Likes

After 10 years and 2 kids… do y’all not have shared finances?
How about each one of you claim a kid

8 Likes

Both of you guys claim one. You both pay to support the kids in one form or the other. That would be fair, but that’s my opinion

5 Likes

There’s 2 kids claim one each both of you take care of the kids.

2 Likes

Housing and electric and water is supporting your kids. Otherwise you would need to pay … but you live together and dont share expenses and they’re his kids? Hes not a boyfriend hes the baby daddy? Your being selfish split the kids 1 and 1

10 Likes

uhhhh house and utilities definitely benefit the kids… imo the money should be split between the both of you🤷‍♀️

11 Likes

If they’re his kids, let him claim them. 10 years of living together…. do yous not share your money? I’ve been married for almost a year and together with my husband for 7 and we’ve always just spent our money together.
May I suggest maybe let him claim one and you claim the other?

2 Likes

Wow you sure are petty

8 Likes

He wants to get more more back .

Yall live together I assume? Whoever makes more should claim them. Lol. But yall should at least split the money. Are you finances completely separate?

3 Likes

All those bills are for the kids too. Each of you claim a kid to be fair.

5 Likes

Oh you selfish selfish :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

18 Likes

I pay rent, electric, car insurance, etc. and I claim our son because I get more back in taxes. Your husband is supporting your kids by keeping a roof over their heads, so he should claim them or you could each claim one kid if it’s such a big deal, but he possibly could get more money back

11 Likes

My bf and I just see who would get more back and that’s the person who claims our dependents. We share the $.

12 Likes

You pay for all
Related child care expenses because he pays all the MAIN bills which ALLOWS you to have money to buy those things … Jesus why should it be ab him or you claiming them , what y’all don’t share money ? But yes he has just as much right as you imo …. Maybe do everything other year

14 Likes

Let whoever will get the biggest refund claim them, then split it…if they are his kids, you can’t stop him from claiming them…you sound a little immature and greedy.

6 Likes

Each of you should claim one. You’re both providing necessities for the the children.

2 Likes

Whoever claims head of household

1 Like

All those bills that he pays are for the kids. They gotta have a house and lights. If they are his kids then you should let him claim 1 every year.

7 Likes

If you where trying to get child support you would argue that the bills, rent, water, Electricity befits the children.

Why not file and split it? Or put it towards a trip that involves the children? We always used the return as a joint item even when I claimed them before marriage.

5 Likes

He literally pays to keep a roof over their head…

11 Likes

Selfish is what are u !!! Why not each of u claim one I mean if he DIDNT pay the mortgage would they have a roof over their head sounds like he pays for their needs as well !!! I guess they don’t need electric and if he didn’t pay YOUR car insurance could they get to their appointments ect

21 Likes

Ehh why Not each claim one?

2 Likes

Kids live in the house (mortgage) and use the water and electricity. All of it is for the kids. In this situation head of household should probably claim the kids.

3 Likes

10 yrs boyfriend?? Huh get married lol

2 Likes

10 years and y’all live like this? 10 years and still your boyfriend. :grimacing:He’s sounds like your roommate.

3 Likes

Why don’t you each claim one? If he pays the mortgage and utilities, he is supporting those kids just as much as you are.

10 Likes

Why don’t you file one & he files the other? Or give him half after filing both .

Split it in the middle. That’s how it should be.

2 Likes

Why not you claim one and him claim one? :woman_facepalming:

1 Like

I see your point but he is covering all of y’all living expenses besides food to be honest. Daycare isn’t a “necessary” bill. He is supporting their roof over their head and the lights and water they use to live under that roof. Smh but maybe this is why he’s only your boyfriend still and not your husband you sound selfish. Tbh

3 Likes

U still live and use his stuff to me you are very selfish

4 Likes

The mortgage for a multiple bedroom house is more than if he had a single bedroom. There’s more electric and water being used. He would only have to pay for his phone and such. Kids cost money, not just food and clothes.maybe you guys could compromise and eat h claim a child? Or split the return? It really depends what each of you want the money for. If one has family plans with it and the other is being selfish, it should go to the family.

If you have been together for 10 years and have two kids together, you should choose whichever of you will get the highest return then split it or use it for household/family expenses or trip?

My ex and i did that every single year. If you two are this far in and are still keeping track or who pays for what and how much each of you spend, you have bigger issues then worrying about who claims the kids on taxes….

9 Likes

Well all said and done their not his kids unless he wants to adopt :joy:

Sounds like he’s a great provider for the family

2 Likes

Good lord. Don’t marry

1 Like

You sound really ignorant right now. Sit down and rethink on this. Power, mortgage etc you mentioned PROVIDES FOR KIDS TOO! #GREEDY

15 Likes

Sorry but no wonder you’re still the girlfriend after that many years. You’re selfish and petty. You claim one and him claim one.

7 Likes

50/50 Should go without saying :yawning_face:

1 Like

Wow!! this child like, both claim one but ALL THOSE BILL HE DOES PAY does provide for the kids are you serious

3 Likes

By what you said legally he is the provider and he should legally claim them.

3 Likes

You get one. He gets the other. There :unamused:

2 Likes

Yes your WRONG AS HELL

3 Likes

& this is why you get MARRIED! You pay less taxes and they are all on the same return

1 Like

I think legally only the parents can claim kids. If he is not the dad he can’t unless yall get married. However you can claim them and give him half

2 Likes

Is this a joke? Like you can’t really believe that with children in the house you don’t use more water, electricity, internet, etc. I’m not saying yes or no about the tax situation I’m just saying the comment about the fact that children don’t add to those bills but they literally do.

3 Likes

Either you each should claim one…or see who would get the most back for both kids and also who claims head of household then just SPLIT IT. Your both paying stuff and providing for the kids and they are both of your kids together right!!! Why are people so greedy with money?

3 Likes

Amanda Alyssa Hawkins what would u do

Wow he’s lots nicer than I would be. I mean… the kids are both of yours then legally he doesn’t even got to ask. He could claim them, you can claim them and let irs figure it out for a year and nobody will get sht for a while. Cause if this is how you’re gonna act, that’s what id do. Females like you tho … he deserves better from a mate. Wow.

3 Likes

Hell paying the mortgage and power is more important to me! They have a roof over their head and running lights & water! You claim one and let him claim one…simple!

7 Likes

You guys file separately? Why not just file together?

2 Likes

He is the provider… you are a TEAM… not gonna lie you’re coming off entitled

5 Likes

Tbh no your not wrong…when it comes to the kids BOTH OF YOU PAY. How have you been doing this for 10 years? Do not get married… qnd his just now asking to claim them? Are you serious? I don’t blame for you thinking the way you do. People gotta understand EVERY SITUATION IS DIFFERENT. Every relationship is different. Feel free to pm me I’ll be here

Haha we would have ours both done claiming her and our tax person would submit whoever gets back more claiming our daughter.
Thats the logical thing to do especially if your in a relationship and not married but share kids.
I’d see your point only of he wasn’t their bio dad. But yeah this seems really petty and maybe if your fighting like this over taxes, there’s a bigger problem here…
Prayers and positive vibes your way :raised_hands:

A roof over their heads, hot water, AC and heat. That is for the kids, too. Why does it matter? 10 years into a Relationship you should probably be splitting income by now.

3 Likes

You both pay for the household. So are you saying the mortgage, use of a car, electricity are not a child’s necessity? It’s terrible to hear you guys don’t already share the childcare tax knowing that you both put in pretty equally for the kids necessities. You both could also claim one kid each if you’re going to keep it to yourselves.

2 Likes

Why don’t you see what the difference is between you claiming both, him claiming both or each of you claiming one and then proportionally split it with using the best method.

3 Likes

When me and my kid’s dad were together we would have them do it both ways and see who got more money and whoever was going to get more money would claim the kids.

3 Likes

He’s paying all the more expensive bills… I would at least compromise & each claim 1. I’m pretty sure if you broke down the actual monthly bills he is paying the larger portion of them.

9 Likes

Also, have fun if y’all end up in court for child support/ custody. My ex husband is legally allowed to claim 2 of our 3 kids even though they live with me full time.

1 Like

So why not you claim one and he claims one? I mean do you not think technically he is taking care of them they use the water, electricity, and has a roof over their head so​:joy::joy:

4 Likes

First problem…. BOY FRIEND… you need a husband… then you wouldn’t be bickering about this issue

3 Likes

Do the kids not live in the house, use electricity or water? He pays all the household bills then he is supporting and paying bills for the kids as well.

There’s two kids. Each of you should claim one of them.

You seem like a really selfish person. The fact that you don’t think he pays bills for the kids is just crazy.

If this is really your mindset, I really hope he doesn’t ever decide to marry you.

This is probably the most selfish post I’ve seen on this page.

10 Likes

You’re extremely selfish. Everything your boyfriend pays for IS for the kids.

1. A mortgage so the KIDS have a house to live in.
  2. Internet, I’m sure the KIDS do use the tv or wifi from time to time.
  3. Water, so the KIDS can have a bath, clean clothes, clean dishes…etc.
  4. Electric, so the KIDS have light to see, and appliances, to make food, and cater to their everyday needs.
    I sure hope your bf finds someone who appreciates him.
11 Likes

You should either split the kids, or alternate. You are both providing for the children. That is very selfish of you to not be fair.

2 Likes

10 years n 2 kids and he’s still only a boyfriend?! Each one gets one to claim🤷🏽‍♀️

1 Like

Whoever would get the bigger refund could claim them. Put it in an account for the kids, family trip, unexpected expenses or emergency. The money/refund doesn’t belong to either of you. It’s meant to supplement your income so your kids basic needs are provided.

The mortgage, utilities, car (if used for him to go to work to pay bills) ARE child related expenses. Try raising a child without those things. Just because you’re paying expenses directly for the children doesn’t mean he’s not supporting his kids.

4 Likes