Am I in the wrong?

Cause your best friend made your boyfriend cheat???

1 Like

Nuh men like this are controlling. This bloke legit cheated on you… and no doubt will do it again. Who the hell does he think he is?! Nup you need to get rid of this boyfriend. He’s going to always have a problem with your friends. Don’t ruin a long term friendship over a silly boy who is immature and a cheater. Not worth it. This friend of yours has obviously done nothing wrong and shouldn’t be treated like such.

My ex was the same. I had to stop talking to a mate of mine because my ex thought he liked me. I am good friends with his missus also so no it’s not like that at all but my ex always had a problem. Turns out my ex was the problem anyway but yeah don’t lose friendships over insecure men who can’t keep their thing in their pants and out of others meows when he’s with someone. Just a massive waste of time girl. Find someone better.

4 Likes

Girl. He’s been cheating on you the whole time… he’s guilty and he’s bringing you down with him to make himself feel better.

6 Likes

Making excuses causes he’s a cheater!!! And you are the worse bestfriend ever

3 Likes

I have a male friend we started school together and graduated all that my husband has never been threatened by him and he also knows I will never cut of full contact with him

1 Like

No you are not the asshole. Your best friend might be attracted to you and your boyfriend is the asshole. I’d say bye to him as a partner and just coparent w him. See what happens with your best friend. There might really be something good for you there

Let him go, he’s never gonna get over it. Keep your friend and lead a happy life.

3 Likes

Stick to your guns. Lifetime friends are something you never give up for an insecure and jealous jerk of a boyfriend.

3 Likes

Sounds to me your boyfriend is controlling who you can talk to. Today your friend tomorrow your family.

4 Likes

The “whole problem” is that he couldnt keep it in his pants, you are not the problem, he is.
Lose the boyfriend, once a cheater always a cheater

9 Likes

I learned long ago that if my spouse didn’t like my bestie to damn bad. My bestie and I have been besties 95% of our lives and I know she will always be there. My first husband disliked her so I stopped contact with her and my ex ended up being a horrible person.

1 Like

Know your not the bad person he wants to control you and tell you who to have as a friend I could see if you and your friend have been intimate in the past but if y’all are just friends then there should not be a problem

3 Likes

Let him go. And consider the weight you r lost by dumping his ass. Not to mention the control, the narcissism and the absolute bullshit you will no longer have to deal with outside of communicating about your child! You got lucky and I know it hurts right now but trust me, you’re better off without him

Bless your heart for standing up for yourself :clap:t5::clap:t5::clap:t5::raised_hands:t5::pray:t5::raised_hands:t5:

Leave him where he’s at. He’s a cheater. Nothing will change. That’s why he feels the way he does

4 Likes

Ur not in the wrong. I stopped talkin to my best friend that I was friends with since we was in second grade for my fiancé, I did regret not having my best friend in my life like my sister is best friends with his sister.

1 Like

He’s projecting his insecurities because he knows he couldn’t have a non sexual relationship with a woman. He’ll use your friendship as an excuse every time he cheats and make you question your part. If there’s trust issues to be had I’d say it’s with your boyfriend.

13 Likes

No you aren’t the a** in this relationship.

2 Likes

Sounds like he is projecting since he’s the one that cheated.

2 Likes

Girl that man had a whole other relationship with another woman when you didn’t know for years and you still took him back? And he’s demanding this whole time that your ONLY friend isn’t allowed to talk to you or be around you? That man child is manipulative and he was accusing your friend of liking you because he was seeing another woman behind your back. He will never change! Leave his ass behind! Especially if you don’t need him! You deserve so much better and trust me there is better!

Your friend was there before him, during, and will be there… you better hang onto that friend because they wouldn’t all stick around after dealing with that!

5 Likes

I’m sorry. My wife has guys and gfs , I trust my wife. I know I don’t have to worrie. All I do ask is that she tells me where she’s going Just in case something happens,I have a timeline. As I will tell her the same. Can never be too safe. You shouldn’t have to do what he says , your guy friends been there way b4 him, and be there afterwards. Either he accepters it or he needs to go .

2 Likes

My best friend is a male I have known for 20 years. I told my boyfriend about him up front. This was the only friend I had through my divorce. We love each other as friends, siblings even and there nothing going on or will ever be. Him and my boyfriend get along great. Sounds like your boyfriend is the asshole not you!

Didn’t read past the first few sentences.
But will say if the roles were reversed & it was your BF with his woman friend, you would be pissed !!

7 Likes

You’re not wrong at all, if you and your best friend haven’t been intimate then there should be no issue. He just wants to control you, obviously he’s the cheater, which is why he doesn’t trust you and keeps controlling you. Leave that man.

4 Likes

Just pack his stuff & leave it out side & tell him to come pick it up & be Done & dusted with him " a good friend whether it’s male or female " is better than a cheating boyfriend " good luck " live life & be happy :blush:

2 Likes

He’s gone cheating ah…gain… to think it over. Girl let that boy go.

4 Likes

Nta. He’s no good. Cheating, tantrums, can’t accept you have friends… he needs to go.

3 Likes

No he is the problem not you

3 Likes

You are lucky you still have a best friend after that crap behavior on your part. Let the Controlling bf go , work on you while you repair your friendship

7 Likes

Nope not an ahole he’s your best friend and you shouldn’t have to throw that away because your ex is insure

3 Likes

My fiancé is kind of the jealous type sometimes but he did not try and stop me from talking to my male best friend and we gave our son his middle name after him when he passed away. I think it has everything to do with the cheating and his need for it to somehow be your fault

3 Likes

He’s the one who cheated not you, sounds like his problem and he needs to deal or move on.

3 Likes

He is either super insecure or he is the one acting inappropriately when you aren’t around.

1 Like

He cheated and tried to say your friend is the problem after you cut contact with him several times for him? No you are not the problem, he is. Let him go. You are better off with your best friend.

2 Likes

Your baby’s father was cheating and that’s why he thinks you’re doing the same. You’ll always have your child connecting you to him, but he has no right to tell you who can be your friend.

5 Likes

You went to therapy but didn’t talk about this?

He’s only that controlling of you because HE IS CHEATING. If he wasn’t, he wouldn’t have a problem with you hanging out with your guy friend.

Dump this loser.

7 Likes

Tell him to stay gone! Sounds like a narcissist. He was fine with your best friend at first, but once you had his child, that solidified you “belonging” to him. You are FOREVER stuck with these dude, but only as the father of your son. No one deserves that. He is trying to alienate you from your support system. Keep the best friend and ditch the boyfriend!

5 Likes

No, he is the asshole. Do not get back with him. He’s a cheater and he is ruining your friendship.

Your boyfriend is very insecure. That’s the problem.

4 Likes

Nope you not and he just used your friend as an accuse to cheat. It’s not your fault let him go.

5 Likes

tell him to not come back. Never let anyone come between you and your friends like that. I dont know him or you, but I can say that when people start to make comments and act like that, its because of what they are doing. I would be very suspicious as to why he all of a sudden is thinking like this.

5 Likes

You need to let that man go and keep your friend. Your friend is loyal. Your boyfriend is not!

5 Likes

He was most likely cheating on you the whole time you were together. Don’t be clueless most likely he is cheating on you now.

5 Likes

Girl…. He needs time to think?!?! Make it easy for him and say deuces. And to have the audacity to blame him cheating on you

6 Likes

Nta. He’s projecting what he’s been doing onto you assuming that you’re doing the same thing. I would move on, mainly because this has been an issue for this long its not going to get better and he’s only going to escalate. Stay safe

5 Likes

He cheated so he’s assuming you might too. He needs to go. He’s a child. You shouldn’t have to give up important people for someone and he hasn’t exactly earned your trust anyways.

5 Likes

You are absolutely NTA! He cheated, he’s just insecure and an AH. You are better off without him!

3 Likes

you having a male friend did not make his penis find another vagina… he is a cheater and wants to put the blame off on you… and honestly, you need to realize that the odds are he isn’t going to change… time to decide if your BOYFRIEND is worth all that when after all that time you aren’t even really in a committed relationship…

He was projecting the entire relationship. He likes someone else, and as long as someone else likes you (even if it is all in his head) that means he has justified himself in cheating because in his mind you could be or possibly are. Walk away from him now while he is gone.

4 Likes

No you’re not wrong…I’d think twice…

2 Likes

Stay away from the cheater he was probably cheating long ago when he was accusing your best friend of liking you.

6 Likes

Those who accuse are the ones who are doing it…let him stay gone

3 Likes

sounds like you have made up your mind who you really want to be with.

Sounds like emotional and mental abuse. Narcissist people try to keep you away from loved ones and friends. He doesn’t trust You because He’s untrustworthy himself. I know that sounds dumb ,but usually people who don’t respect others don’t respect themselves and in turn can’t trust others. This is all his emotional immaturity problem. Not yours. Don’t go back to him. You deserve better. So does your son.

9 Likes

Get rid of the boyfriend and keep your best friend.

4 Likes

Let him go , if you let him control your friends, he will just slowly start trying to control your whole life!

1 Like

My mom has a really good friend, who is a man. My mom and dad have been happily married for 25 years. The friend of my mom’s worked with her since she was a teenager. He loves my mom, more than a friend in my opinion. But my mom loves my dad, and my dad does not mind that they are friends.

2 Likes

Nip it in the but and ask the long time friend if he is interested. Normally, the acusser is the one cheating. It’s jealously. Find out the real answer and go from there. He’d probably be a better man.

Dump the BF!!! Keep the friend!

Story of my life… I’ve always had more male friends then female friends and my bfs always thought my best friend liked me and his girl friends always thought so to… thankfully I’ve got a man who knows he is like my brother and is grown up and no insecure so unless I’d he shady he has no issue.

2 Likes

Let yo boyfriend go he might got a crush on yo best friend lol :joy:

Take the reigns and dont let him come back…

1 Like

Honestly let him go your best friend you will always have he up an walked out on you …

2 Likes

Let te jealous 1 go forever

No let that boyfriend go!

1 Like

Your boyfriend is the problem. If your bestfriend was starting shit that would have been a different story. But sounds like your boyfriend is not only a cheater but also very insecure.

You are NOT the asshole. Keep the friends and dump that man.

Take it from someone who’s been there…if someone has cheated on you EVER, THAT should be sending up red flags all over the place and you can NEVER fully trust that person the way you once did. It will NEVER EVER be the same. Also, never under estimate your kids. They ARE watching and if you continue a relationship like that, you are teaching your kids that it’s ok for people to treat them like that too!

4 Likes

I’m a combat vet. 95% of my friends are males. :woman_shrugging:
Why does he think your bestie “likes” you? Is this friend taken, single??
Even if he does like you, that’s not your fault or your problem unless he acts on it. Let your bf know, “If he steps out of line, I will let you know”.
Personally, he won’t get over it and you’ll always have to choose.
It’s time to choose you.

2 Likes

NO YOU’RE NOT! I’ve been best friends with my bestie for 30+ years that is my family my fkn rock if they got a problem they gotta go my brother ain’t going anywhere

3 Likes

Hes a narcissist. Let the trash take itself out and stay with your best friend.

Why are you still with your boyfriend. Jealousy leads to other things. Just leave him.

I will say this too from experience. Usually if they’re accusing you of cheating when you’re not, it’s because they are cheating on you.

2 Likes

You are not wrong. I bet your best friend is the only true support you have or he’s had issues with others as well. It’s not about your friend being male or him “liking you”. It’s about your boyfriend controlling you. Keep him away.

2 Likes

I understand your side
But wouldn’t you feel insecure if your boyfriend had a female best friend and hung out with her and talked to her alot ??

2 Likes

Been there and done that. Divorced 6 years now. Best decision ever. Don’t let him in your life other than to co parent. People who are jealous are usually guilty of cheating. They project it onto you. Really they are telling you what they are doing behind your back by their own behaviors.

5 Likes

Your not an ass, your boyfriend is very immature and controlling your better off without him

Sounds like the boyfriend is straight up abusing you. He is shutting out your friends/support network to control you. He is using emotional blackmail to force you to become isolated from others so they can’t call out his BS. No matter what you say or do, his actions of disappearing and his outbursts are a way of silencing your voice every time he doesn’t get what he wants or you speak up. You are worthy, you are valued and he doesn’t deserve you giving him the time of day. Rise up and be strong, your son does not need that kind of behaviour to become the norm in his life or yours. Regardless of your best friends feelings towards you, having someone you can confide in and be yourself around outweighs someone who is abusing and using you. The boyfriend will not change, will cheat again and will continue to verbally abuse and create dramas, he is the problem and once you can see that, a whole new world will open up that is not love but abuse. good luck xx

Girl just leave his ass behind. A real friend is worth more than a lying spouse.

Don’t let the friend go Ever. Let bf go he is a cheater

1 Like

A way to put it in perspective is to put yourself in his shoes… how would you feel if this was reversed & he was always hanging out with another girl?

3 Likes

Your not, he is, it seems to always turn out that the things they are accusing you on are the things they are guilty of. Move and continue to co parent for your sons sake . But you deserve better.

That’s Him projecting what he’s doing to you

3 Likes

You are NOT wrong for placing boundaries…and girl, I’m f*cking proud of you! Don’t relent on this and don’t let go of a friend like that either. Damn good friend, IMO. Keep advocating for yourself, because you deserve so much more❤️

If you let your best friend go AGAIN over that shitty ass boyfriend I hope ur “best friend” never talks to you again. You can’t be using someone like that every time you need a friend when things ain’t going your way. An then stopping all contact once ur life is good again. He sounds like a crazy lunatic

No. Put your foot down and let the ex boyfriend stay gone. He was cheating anyways. He didn’t have a problem with your male best friend in the beginning til HE started cheating and was using him as basically a scapegoat for his own guilt (I guarantee it). Keep the best friend boot your cheater.

4 Likes

Left your boyfriend he’s asshole and jealous but your best friend need you then don’t take your boyfriend back hell no

Omg get rid of that “boyfriend”
He has already shown you that he’ll do whatever he wants to and try to blame it on you having a friend. Be done with that headache; you don’t need that in your life!

3 Likes

You need to walk 🚶‍♂️

1 Like

The boyfriend is the problem. No one has the right to tell you who you can and cannot be friends with, especially someone who has proven he’s not to be trusted. Which is really the root of his problem with you having a guy best friend. He cheated and is putting that guilt on you. Stand your ground. You deserve support and love from those around you. You need to drop the boyfriend like a bad habit.

3 Likes

No. You never crossed the red line. You never cheated on your boy friend. Your boyfriend cheated on you. If anyone is to blame, it is your boy friend.

2 Likes

No honey you are not wrong! What your bf is doing is controlling, abusive and immature. He’s clearly jealous….which stems from self esteem issues. Get yourself a real bf that is secure in himself and trusts you!

*edit to add: he’s a cheater. The only reason he’s so upset is because of his own actions. He cheats so he’s worried you will too. He’s an emotional child.

3 Likes

You’re the a**hole for letting this guy control you like this. If you let him have his way he will do this forever. Rather let that relationship die than a good friendship

6 Likes

No you are not. He’s a narcissist and wants control over you. Dont give in. You’ll wind up completely alone, and he’ll still be cheating. Let him go.

5 Likes

Keep the friend, ditch the immature boyfriend. He is verbally and emotionally abusive. It will only get worse.

3 Likes

Don’t give up a friend for him. I regret giving up my guy friends for my husband. Your boyfriend seems like he’s trying to make excuses for what he did and make it anyone’s fault but his

4 Likes

Nope time to let the boyfriend go

3 Likes

Girl been there done that. It’s messy sometimes

Nah. You’re not in the wrong. Leave that man for good. I always try to look at it like this, your son is learning relationships from you all. Is this what you want him to think is normal or acceptable?

3 Likes

Keep the friend, dump the Boyf

6 Likes