Am I in the wrong?

Nope you go girl your in the right forsure his responsibility not yours :blush:

It’s fair because of two reasons. Reason 1. Y’all are separated, so you aren’t obligated to do anything for him. Reason 2. He’s a big boy, so he can clean up after himself. If he doesn’t clean up after himself, he’s fixing to learn that you ain’t gonna do jack shit for him. If he doesn’t like that, then he can go find himself a stupid ass woman to clean up after him and live with her too

This sounds familiar :blush:

Ok if you are really separated then one of you needs to move out. Otherwise nothing changes. He’s asking where his clothes are because he still thinks of you as his wife.

Y’all are separated. He’s a grown man who should be able to do his own laundry. When moved back home temporarily as an adult my siblings never did my laundry n that’s family.

I stopped doing my ex’s laundry and stopped cooking for him when he asked for a divorce. I figured I did those things out of love, if he doesn’t love me anymore… then that was that :tipping_hand_woman:t2:

4 Likes

Nope and y’all arent together anymore he’s a grown man and can do it himself.

1 Like

Definitely not!!! HOWEVER, I would ask if he needs me to show him how to do it… some men really have no clue and I wouldn’t want him messing up my washer and wasting detergent lol

3 Likes

I only do my fiance’s laundry if he puts them in his hamper. Im not his maid. I wash, dry, and fold his laundry the least he can do is put the clean things away and his dirty things in his hamper :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

If your separated then I wouldn’t do literally anything for him, cook, clean. Nothing. Do what you and your kids need and that’s it :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Nope,he needs to get groomed

fair whether you’re still 'with him" romantically or not. Men need to grow a pair, man up, and do their own if they want it done. Seriously.

1 Like

He’s your roommate. Treat him like one.

5 Likes

Well if your separated even though he’s in same house he should do his own washing why should you do it if he can’t be bothered to help do things in house to help you

2 Likes

You’re not together. His laundry is not your problem.

4 Likes

You should have kicked him out even

2 Likes

If you separated he can do his own laundry

No he should be able to do his own laundry however make sure you have communicated that to him and see if he needs you to show him how. You’d be surprised what people don’t know how to do when they’ve never had to learn. You can be civil and firm at the same time

7 Likes

It isn’t your job to do your exs laundry!

1 Like

He can do it himself he’s a grown man defo not in the wrong

1 Like

Nope. He can do his own!!!

Lol there is no separation when you still live together. Not possible

Your separated, you 100% should not be doing anything for him otherwise you might as well be still together and if you do everything for him he’ll never move out :woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Even if u were together, his laundry is NOT your responsibility! He is a grown man. And especially now that your separated. I would let them sit there and grow cob webs before I put another thought into it.

1 Like

He should cook his own meals clean up after hisself do his own laundry and food shopping you are not his wife or maid

1 Like

:raised_hand:. Your separated but do his laundry.?! Just no.

1 Like

He can do his own laundry.

Wow. That is exactly what i went through in my last marriage. Besides other things, laziness was one of the biggest issues. I did the same thing. Laundry was one thing that if i didnt do his, only affected him. It may be petty, however you are not his maid or mom. He is a grown man and should act like it. Unfortunately, you cant make another person grow up. I tried for years. We are finally divorced. He only has supervised visits because of other reasons. The only reason he is clean even is because he is being forced to to be able to see his kids. I hope it goes better for you than it did for me. Hope at the end, i am happily remarried with full custody of my kids and a new baby on the way. Life can suck and be very hard, but God is good and it got better.

Take care of yourself and kids. He’s not your kid.

1 Like

Hes a roommate. You treat him as such.

1 Like

It’s fair. He wants relationship treatment without the relationship? Nahhh

If your husband is still living with you then why not do his laundry with yours. Your playing the role of a wife still! I always do my husband’s laundry!
Once he is gone then it’s over!

8 Likes

It’s your ex, if goes out naked because he didn’t do his laundry then he be naked. You should have kicked him out already…

You’re separated why would you do anything for him. If he had his own place to live would you go over there and wash his clothes and cook his food?

1 Like

I don’t have to worry about meeting a looser. The all seem to be already taken on this site. Run run

3 Likes

He is a grown adult, he can take care of himself and his own laundry. Why would you do it for him?? You are not his mother.

3 Likes

He’s not your responsibility anymore. Just because you are still living under the same roof. You’re not his mother. Dude needs to grow up

2 Likes

He can wash his own “jockeys”. You wouldn’t do his laundry if he didn’t live in the same house, you guys have agreed to separate.

1 Like

I never did my roommates laundry in college, or after I moved in with friends….so no you shouldn’t do his either. He wants to go and be on his own he needs to learn to do it on his own

1 Like

He should be doing everything for himself for himself. U are separated he is just living under the same roof. He is now a room mate. He needs to sort himself out and also help with his kids

1 Like

You are separated! You don’t get wife benefits when you are no longer together. Especially if you are a lazy POS.

3 Likes

You don’t do anything for him. It speeds up his moving out.

3 Likes

:rofl:. Do nothing for him

1 Like

You are not in a r’ship. Meaning you are housemates, do housemates do each other’s personal washing? No! So you are completely in the right there!

You’re not wrong . He can wash his own disgusting gonch

No he is supposed to be doing his own washing & looking after himself if he is not with you he has to do it "

3 Likes

Bloody right! Let him do it!

Absolutely. He’s a grown ass man
I wouldn’t cook for him either… He’s no longer your responsibility. The longer you babysit him… the less he’ll get out… Truly Women do too much for men…

I wouldn’t do his laundry either if he isn’t helping out around the house

If you two are separated then no you are not being petty! He is a grown man and you are no longer his wife so you do not need to be washing his clothes!

4 Likes

Dudes be out here expecting relationship benefits without the work of a relationship :woman_facepalming:t3:

3 Likes

You’re not being petty

I wouldn’t be doing anything for him. You’re separated. If he was living elsewhere, would you be doing his laundry? If he doesn’t help out, kick him out!

1 Like

You werent born to cater to a man especially one youre trying to separate yourself from

Nope!! If he doesn’t want to do anything then he can just run outta clothes. He would not still be there if I was you. I found out my husband was cheating and kicked him out and he lived in his van awhile. Oh well, wasn’t my problem anymore.

Uh…hello! Don’t do ANY of his stuff. No clothes, no cooking, no nothing. The sooner you stop it all, the quicker he’ll find another place to stay.

1 Like

Y’all are separated. That means he takes care of himself.

since you are separated he’s basically a room mate so… tell him to do his own laundry, buy and cook his own food, and clean up after himself.

4 Likes

You most definitely NOT being petty. Let him do stuff on his own.

2 Likes

Your separated. Not your job to take care of him.

1 Like

Nope, not petty at all. He’s grown, let him do his own laundry.

1 Like

The bum can do his own shit!!

Take care of yourself and your kids. He literally has zero right to expect you to do anything now that you are separated. I wouldn’t do anything for a roommate

3 Likes

Fair! Especially since y’all are separated, he needs to understand you never were, and still are not, his MAID! I might hint at the fact that he should check HIS large pile of dirty laundry though :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

I dont do my mans wash…if he needed something before wash day hed get all angry about it and be all pissy like I was suppose to know he needed that before I washed like wtf then do it urself buddy I dont expect anything from him I dont expect from the children whom also do there own wash because they couldnt get it to the laundry rm on wash day despite being asked a dozen and 1 million times to do so!

You are doing him a favor by letting him live there. I would not be doing anything for him

Let him do his own laundry. You May to have inform him he’s on his own. Tell him your not his maid anymore

2 Likes

It seems fair to me. Let him do his own laundry and take care of himself.

1 Like

He needs to do his own laundry.

1 Like

Is he gonna bring his clothes to you to wash when he moves out??

1 Like

It is fair. He is there until he finds something. You are separated so he can do his own.

1 Like

I wouldn’t do anything for him. That includes cooking too!!

2 Likes

Nope you two aren’t together and he’s an adult. He absolutely should be responsible for his own laundry now.

5 Likes

My husband even agrees he should be doing his own laundry. Of he is unwilling to help around the house while there, make him do everything for himself. Do not cook his meals, wash his clothes, clean up after him. He needs to do it himself.

4 Likes

Not petty at all … Grown assed man can work the washer & dryer for himself :+1::woman_shrugging:t3:

3 Likes

Hell no your not his maid, your seperated let him do his own washing etc …your 100% right here good on ya girl

I wouldn’t do his laundry either

You’re separated… if he’s gonna move out he can do his own damn laundry. You’re not petty!

Is he even looking for a place to live? Working? Maybe he has to be reminded that “he’s a big boy now”?

He needs to take care of himself. You are kind enough to let him stay with you til he finds housing. You are NOT wrong for not doing his stuff. It just teaches the kids that he can be lazy and you still will follow through…

Is being petty going to cause an argument and subsequently a toxic environment for your child?
If you know that he’s leaving at some point, do the laundry. Keep the peace.

3 Likes

Don’t do his laundry if you are separated. You aren’t his wife or maid. He can do them. He should find a place on his own or you two need to make ground rules for who does what living under the same roof while separated

No cooking no laundry

Perfectly fair!!! Ur not his mother

Not at all. Let him do his own laundry. He can take care of himself. He can also cook for himself.

1 Like

It is setting boundaries… probably was way overdue …and when he realizes he has to do all his own cooking, laundry shopping …he will eventually come to understand how much of you he took for granted …he might wise up a bit or move out faster …either option is a win/win :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Not petty. He needs to do his own laundry.

Fuck that if your not together :sweat_smile: he needs to learn independence for when he does move out it seems.

your not his mother either, think he should get out now

I agree once you guys decided to separate that was no longer your problem. Don’t feel bad. He needs to be out asap.

Fair. You’re not together.

Hell no make that motherfucker do his own laundry

Fair! He’s an adult, he can start acting like one

You said separated. So why the fuck would you do his laundry.

Tell him where his laundry is, and calmly tell him how to run the washer

From past experience, he’s not leaving or even trying to no matter what he says.
Kick him out!

It is fair. You are separated what is he contributing to the household?

NO he is planning to leave - so he needs to take care of himself. Give him a time - two weeks, a month - to get his stuff out of the house. If you do stuff for him, he won’t leave - -

1 Like

You’re not wrong. He needs to grow up & take care of himself.

Too many parents raise boys to be dependent on women. Many get into relationships just to have someone to cook, clean etc. Teach your boys take care of their needs so they will get into a relationship for love not a maid.

You are not his slave. Let him wait on his own self. He’s using you.