Am I in the wrong?

No, not at all. You are separated. I wouldn’t do anything for him. Just out of principal.

1 Like

Just put his ass out he’s a grown god damn man I’m sure he can find someplace to stay

Completely fair. You have no responsibility for any of his things. My husband is the same way so now he just has a clean clothes basket. I don’t mind running them through the washer but I’m not going to put them up if he won’t help at all and he doesn’t mind it lmao

Stick to your guns kiddo - you deserve better !!

He is an adult. He can do his own wash.

he should start looking, and doing his own stuff you broke up.

If you’re separated then he is a roommate and roommates do their own laundry

4 Likes

It’s not your responsibility.

If you’re separated and you’re getting a divorce and there’s no chance for reconciliation and the only reason you are sharing a house is because he is looking for somewhere else to go no you are not being petty and you are not out of line

You are not with him why would you do his laundry? That makes zero sense your not his mother.

Nope if you not together he’s your roommate. Treat him as such‼

It’s going to wake his ass up when he doesn’t have his wife to do anything for his lazy ass anymore. Don’t spare him from growing up and getting out since he wants to be a POS. I’m a fan of sticking to my guns when people try to take advantage of me. I’ll recommend you gather his items into a garbage bag and leave them to the side of the laundry room so he knows that’s the level of respect he’s going to get.

Marriage is disintegrating/separating so you’re not responsible for his mess or helping him in any way. Focus on your happiness and kids. Let him deal with the choices he’s made.

If you’re separated, why would you do his laundry? Or cook for him? Or anything else?

2 Likes

Nope…leave it…he’s not 3, your not his wife or his maid, and your certainly not his mother.

2 Likes

Offer to do his laundry wash dry fold and put away for $25 per load then do it in small loads.

4 Likes

I’d get seperate groceries too

2 Likes

You’re separated therefore shouldn’t be obligated to do his laundry or anything at all for him.

1 Like

Hes a grown ass man. He can do his own cooking, cleaning and washing

Girl, you ain’t his mum or gf. You’re doing great :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: his washing is fine in it’s pile.

Totally fair.
I gave up cooking, cleaning his mess, doing his laundry or paying his bills.
He refused to cook, clean or work.
Then I moved out and took our daughter.
So he was left with nothing, not even groceries since I always bought those too. No tags or ins for his car since I did for those as well.

My ex didn’t want to be married, he wanted Someone to support him.
Through our 15 year marriage, he worked 3 of those.

Separated for 2yrs now and he still doesn’t work. He lives with and sponges off his younger brother.

Pff I wouldn’t even give him a hint as to where to find them never mind washing them. Do not do anything for this man. Do not let him eat the meals you cook, do not do any of his dishes. He is just a room mate at this point

3 Likes

If you aren’t together I would not be doing his laundry.

2 Likes

Not your responsibility anymore he can do his own damn laundry!

1 Like

You’re not together, you’re not his mother. He can do his own

3 Likes

Fair. You’re separated

2 Likes

He can do his own laundry—he’s a big boy–time to be responsible for his own clothes!

2 Likes

Straight up love how petty this is! And totally fair. Remember the punishment should match the crime!!

1 Like

It’s fair! He needs to do his own. He going to have to when he’s out

2 Likes

You’re not being petty at all! When married or in a relationship, you should share responsibilities. Once you’ve split, your obligation to that person is over, even if still living together. If he had a roommate, they wouldn’t do his laundry, cook for him and take care of him. At this point, that’s all you are, roommates. So tell him to grow tf up and hurry tf up! Men like that will drag it out as long as you allow it. I would give him a timeframe to find his own place. Type up a certified letter and mail it to him, restricted delivery, at your address, and give him 30 or 60 days to vacate.

4 Likes

Heck no you’re not in the wrong. If that lady ass is still living in your house he needs to do his own everything.

It’s fair but also a good idea to tell him that you won’t be taking care of him in ways you did when you we’re together

3 Likes

Tell him to do his own laundry :basket:

1 Like

So he basically has the best of both worlds .no commitment to you but still has a clean house ,hot meals ,laundry done ( untill recent) exactly what did he lose by splitting up with you

Um ya he should be doing his own at this point!

Ya’ll are separated, he’s on his own for everything. He can get his own food too. Tennant.

You’re definitely being fair. I’m doing the same thing with my SO because he doesn’t clean ANYTHING! AND WE GOT 5 kids between the both of us. Something’s gotta give

Maybe you need to teach him how to use the washing machine and vacuum cleaner.
When he runs out of clothes he will learn

Show him how to use the washer and then inform him your not going to do his laundry seen as though your not together. My mother taught me how to do laundry when I was 9 and it was just another thing I always had to do including all house cleaning

I wouldn’t do his laundry unless he wants to pay the going rate for laundry service.

2 Likes

Why should you do things for him if you’re not together? Just because you live under the same roof. His problems and chonies aren’t your problem.

7 Likes

Go Girl, know your worth :muscle:t3:

You’re separated. Why should you do his laundry?

On you’re not being petty . You’re not together . You’re not to do his cloths . Sounds like he’s got it made . I don’t see him moving out as long as you have such a great separation all in his favor . Kick him out . He’s an adult .

That’s his job not yours he can wash his own damn clothes and find his own damn jocks!

Put his laundry in big black plastic bag.I would also tell him he actually doesn’t need a jockey then tell him to do his own laundry

1 Like

Good for you. He’s grown didn’t take him to raise 50/50. Good luck.

1 Like

You’re separated. Full stop. He has to do his own shit now.

Show or write out how to do laundry. I think I saw your briefs in the laundry room. Even tell him how much soap and when the laundry room is available
Not when you are sleeping

1 Like

Love it. Don’t do a damn thing for him except find him a house. One less person for you to have to clean up after. Man child.

It’s wrong of you to say that you haven’t seen them, you could say I saw them in the laundry room with your dirty clothes. You should put a load in

3 Likes

He can do his own. Don’t do them

1 Like

If he’s not your man you don’t have to do his laundry. And really even if he was your man you don’t have to do hit laundry.

1 Like

He’s a grown man who thinks you’re his maid. This isn’t the 1700s he can use the modern machine and wash his own damn clothes. Why should you?

I saw good comments about Lisa Jennifer on how she helps people,so I decided to contact her and I’m glad I did Your work speaks volumes of the kind of woman you are thank you so much for the profit
Lisa Jennifer

Kick him out asap, the relationship will confuse everyone

1 Like

I started doing my own laundry at 15, he can definitely manage!

1 Like

You shouldn’t have to do nothing for him you r separated he cleans his own mess,does his own laundry,and cooks his own food nothing petty about it

4 Likes

Girl please, not petty! Time for him to grow up!

3 Likes

You are separated. His personal care is not your responsibility, or concern.

2 Likes

I’m proud that you wouldn’t put up with his shit :slight_smile:

He’s a big boy he can do his own washing if it was a new machine and he wasn’t sure how to work it show him once or twice then that’s it but it’s just him being a bum and lazing around he’s gonna be butt naked with no fresh clothes soon and it’s all gonna be his fault only do washing for you and the kids if they ask to do it themselves good on them but DON’T DO IT for him

It is fair . My husband. Did his own laundry ,& mykids did theirs to because they would not help with chores so I went on strike. The kids were12,13,&15, they all did there own laundry.

2 Likes

Fair for sure, Help him find living quarters!!! lol

1 Like

Don’t do nothing for him!!

1 Like

You are separated. He is on his own.

2 Likes

Tell him don’t keep it a secret let him know you’re not doing his laundry

3 Likes

He is leaving his cook, wife, and clean laundry. He better get used to the joy of being a housewife! Hope he is paying rent because that amount will change also. Poor baby!

2 Likes

You don’t need to wash your roommates clothes… that’s what he is if yall aren’t a couple. I wouldn’t do ANYTHING for him but that’s just my opinion

3 Likes

That’s not your job. It never was but now, especially, you don’t need to do it for him

2 Likes

Let him figure it out. You’re doing him a favor letting him stay. Not your problem.

6 Likes

If you’re separated and he had his own place, he’d being everything by himself, I wouldn’t be cooking for him either!!

4 Likes

Totally petty :rofl:, but you are separated, so you don’t have to do it for him.

You’re 100% in the right, he’s gonna keep that pile going for you till you get the hint but realization will hit him hard. Men don’t notice what women do for them until it’s gone.

5 Likes

If you are not a couple then he should be doing half of the housework, his own laundry, and helping with his children. Even if you were a couple he should still be helping. You’re not his mother or his maid.

3 Likes

Hahahahhaha the fact that he doesn’t know to do it or where to find it is hilarious. Dont tell him hes an adult.

9 Likes

Anyone can wash a load of clothes, my children knew how to run the washing machine in their early teens, just ask him if he wants you to show him how the washer works🤣

3 Likes

Don’t do it. His a big boy now.

3 Likes

Fair, but you should tell him about your new expectations.

Had your stood up for yourself before you would probably not be separating!

2 Likes

Ummmm… I’m wondering why you are doing his laundry when you’re not together anymore. He’s taking advantage of you.

4 Likes

No, he can do his own damn laundry!

Yes he should do his own laundry

1 Like

Stick to your guns on this, or any other services that he took for granted. Don’t hinder his motivation to find his own place by making him too comfortable in yours.

10 Likes

Why would you be doin his laundry? You’re not a couple you are roommates…

4 Likes

You’re definitely not wrong

No you are not petty. He needs to what he gave up

IF he’s not just using it as an excuse for you to still take care of him while separated (which is seemingly the case)… Take his lazy ass in there, and direct him how to do it. Then he’ll know how to for himself. Y’all aren’t together. And he’s a grown man. He can do his own laundry. If he doesn’t like it, he should make fast work of finding a new home. Or just wear dirty clothes 🤷 you’re not his mother and you have no obligation to him whatsoever at this point. As long as you’re babying him, he’s gonna feel comfortable and not WANT to leave because he’s being coddled. Push that baby bird out of the nest, honey. Before he takes advantage. Sorry, not sorry.

He will do it himself when he’s gotta go out in dirty clothes :rofl:

Turn em inside out and hand them to him

Are you kidding me. The audacity. What I don’t understand why is he still under the same roof he could get a room anywhere or hotel. Unfortunately I feel that your first mistake was allowing him to stay under the same roof,because now he feels he’s entitled. You should treat him as a tenant rules and regulations, if he cannot abide by them then kick him to the curb immediately

2 Likes

He’s lucky they in the the laundry room and not the bin!

1 Like

I agree :100: he can do his own !!!

2 Likes

Nope. Stack that ish and make him do his own!! Sad it even had to come to this !! Lazy men(and some girls) make me really think who there mom was!! Cause I fir sure been raising babies and moping floors since I was 7. And no way in heck am I gonna have a man flop around and not do his part!!

1 Like

That’s right your not together …I wouldn’t do it either …you should both do laundry anyway …

You are separated!! You are now roommates so you do not do a thing for him. He can wash, cook, and clean his area himself. It you are separate, make sure everything is separate. Don’t get confused and fall into old habits. It is not your responsibility.

6 Likes

You are totally right. Point the way to a laundry mat, not yr washer.

3 Likes

No your not wrong and your not being petty its his responsibility not yours

Nope its his mess let him clean it

Petty if you are usually doing it and then don’t but don’t say anything. Same with him looking for something. That was your chance to speak up and say yes, in your massive pile bc I’m no longer on duty for you. Your on your own buddy.

4 Likes

Love this, he wants to move out he needs to learn how to wash his clothes. If he needs help he should ask for it

2 Likes