Am I in the wrong?

With an 8 year old boy in boxers I don’t see an issue. Personally with little girls though pass the age 3 I think should be dressed.

1 Like

Nope you’re not dear…I am sharing a little thing! recently I found a game for my kids. this is a good for baby & toddler memory development. The repetitive learning games help in memorizing the alphabet, numbers, colors, shapes, animals, and many more popular things. It really helps my kids to learning new things and she gets never bored.

1 Like

It’s his own house, let kids be kids. My little brother is happy in just his boxers most days and none of us bat an eye. He gets dressed when other company comes over. Let him be comfortable in his own space.

6 Likes

U can walk around all day in ur undies when there is no one there but if there are outside people you should have on pants. My opinion anyways and I would be offended if my daughter was around ur son in his underwear.

2 Likes

This habit will continue when they are teenagers. Think they should at least wear shorts.

I dont think it’s appropriate to walk around in underwear in front of your son…And he should be clothed and not sitting around in underwear when around company esp…He could have put on sweats to be comfy…Just my two cents but I’d be upset if a young man sat in his underwear around my daughter (boxers or whatever)…Some things are meant to be private.

8 Likes

I think you’re going to find people very divided on this.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong with it. Honestly how do these people visit the beach with these over reaching ideas about modesty?!

5 Likes

Don’t listen to them, you’re doing right teaching your family to be comfortable in their bodies! Don’t let anyone shame you, just because they aren’t comfortable in their body doesn’t mean they have to make you guys !

4 Likes

People should mind their own business! He is a little kid

6 Likes

Not there house not there rules. I was around in a vest top and pants at home and my son doesn’t mind it’s something I’ve always done. He on the other hand wears everything but I wouldn’t tell him off for wearing a hoodie inside. Your poor son needed a break from clothes I think we all would if we sat for 6 hours in a car with other people. They need to get on and leave you alone.

2 Likes

My wife does the same thing. Lol. No biggie

I don’t walk around in undies and shirt in my house (I have 5 kids (12, 11, 8, 6, and 5 - 3 girls and 2 boys). My 5 year old will hang out in his undies but that’s just because he has sensory issues. My husband doesn’t walk around in his undies either (because of having girls that are at a curious age).

But I agree your house your rules.

1 Like

My daughter and I hate pants, we’re usually in undies and long shirts around the house, if anyone other than immediate family is coming over of course we cover up but if not do what you’re most comfy in. It’s YOUR house, if they don’t like it they can leave. :woman_shrugging:t3:

7 Likes

your house your way!
next time they visit I would have my entire family dressed as such.
Infact sounds like an amazing picture for a gift!!
stuffy muffs need to mind their business

3 Likes

That’s just toxic. Underwear are no different than swim bottoms. Just b.c they sexualize certain clothes doesn’t mean you have to teach your kids to as well.

7 Likes

What! No your not wrong and something is wrong with whoever thinks it is especially if he is home smh and anyone that says something is wrong something is with you smh yeah things have changed in this world but he was home just came in from a trip where his pants cut into his skin smh sry our family have some that don’t like clothes even craps naked :joy: some don’t like clothes get use to it especially if it immediate family get your minds out the gutter just be safe smh

2 Likes

First of all whats ah and my boys and 4 year old are always on undies no tops ages 10 6 well 2 of my three boys and my 4 years is a girl they get hot biig deal my 4 year old I do try to get her to wear a shirt because shes a bit chesty for a 4 year old and I honestly think they need to mind thier own business its your house ur kids ur RULES PERIOD​:pray:t4::hugs::clap:t4::muscle:t4::muscle:t4::muscle:t4::muscle:t4::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat::heartbeat:

Maybe they should try not sexualizing children first. Second, bodies aren’t just made for sex. You wanna walk around in underwear? Whatever. That’s not sexual.

I wear a long shirt and undies all the time in my home , pretty much right when I get home I change into that, I like to be comfortable In my own home. My kids do the same thing. Nothing weird about it. Just being comfortable in your home.

2 Likes

It would be different if he was a teenager or even a grown man but he is a CHILD. That kind of behavior is how body image issues and eating disorders start. It’s YOUR house. What you say, goes. I would cut those people out of my life so fast. Sounds like they’re sexualizing an 8 year old CHILD. Totally toxic behavior. So should you make sure he is fully covered this summer at the pool? I dont understand people.

3 Likes

My kids come home from school and strip into their boxers. they’re 12 and 7, and on a weekend, if they don’t have to go anywhere, then they’ll be like that all weekend. People need to mind their own business. They wouldn’t be welcome in my house.

1 Like

Put pants on until the other girls are gone. Innocent now but give it a few years it won’t be.

5 Likes

F that! Be comfortable in your own home. Whom ever made that comment needs to mind their own business. You aren’t doing anything wrong. The naked body can exist without it being sexualized.

2 Likes

Just my personal opinion because you asked, he should have had on some shorts!

3 Likes

You should have told your friend to mind their business or dont come to your home.

1 Like

My boys is bout to be 9 & 11…
They don’t even wear underwear, they come out the bedroom and bathrooms completely naked, I do make them put on boxers or shorts just because they getting to big to just be naked but your kids should always feel that comfortable at home if they aren’t you should worry why they ain’t. My oldest stays having heat rashes to we live in the south so we deal accordingly with it… I will say there is something i have found called “down below” or something similar to that by old spice for boys and men to keep them dry
I’m guilty of being in my robe with nothing but panties on and sleeping naked & my kids know this.
To each is own, tell’em mind their business or better yet don’t come by at all save ya gas!
Just my opinion :woman_shrugging:

But myself I don’t even answer the door for unannounced company, if you know me you know to come on in & announce yourself as walking in, if your knocking you probably don’t come by much and didn’t call soooo…byeee :joy: idc if they hear us or see us inside I won’t answer :woman_facepalming::joy::joy:

1 of my kids often strips off as soon as he gets home down to his undies he just hates clothes.
If im not going out i will always get stright into my night clothes when i get home for comfort.
I dont see any issues with any of this

3 Likes

Your house your rules

I think when you have guests over kids should be covered. It is more for their protection than others. You don’t truly know if someone is a predator or not.

5 Likes

Well im old school, I believe in modest dress even in the home, has nothing to do with being comfortable or not comfortable in your body, shirt and pants for everyone

6 Likes

NTA. Your house, your rules. Nobody is ass naked so who cares🤷‍♀️

You are fine. Literally no one’s business. But people are gonna but in anyway, ignore them and do you♥️

2 Likes

Ya he should of had pants on…when you have guests you dress appropriately.

3 Likes

My brother walks around in his undies :rofl: he’s almost 15. He puts clothes on when we come over. My dad does the same thing. I do it when I’m at home. It’s their home just as much as yours so why not be comfortable. 🤷

Not seeing an issue bar the idiot who made digging comment at you.

Tell them to mind their business.

You as a mom should always have cloths on around your KIDS!

4 Likes

Not at all! Ur at home, he is at home & being comfotable…look at it like this, when ur out in public at the lake or river or the swimming pool & folks show alot more is that appropriate? Of course its acceptable & when ur at home in your safe place undies is acceptable…dont let others opinions bother u

4 Likes

We never walked around in underwear…except my son who continued into his teens lol. No harm in being comfortable in your own home and anyone who doesn’t like it doesn’t need to stay around

3 Likes

Im in my tight ass boxers in my house right now come do something about it

Some people are super conservative. When my son was around 18 months it was summer (I live in Cali and summers can get unbearable) I had him stripped down to only a diaper. My friend came over with her 12 month old for a play date and kept making comments if I wanted to take a moment to go get him dressed. I kept telling her no its okay because it’s hot and he is more comfortable that way. Plus I’m in my house and he is still a baby lol she ended up telling another friend how uncomfortable she was with my son naked. I understand that she is very conservative but I talked to her and let her know that it was my house and she didn’t have to come over if a baby in a diaper made her uncomfortable. She stopped coming over. It is what it is. It’s not your job to make the world comfortable for every individual preference especially in your own house. BTW my son was never stripped down outside the house.

11 Likes

Your house your rules. As long as you’re covered up and comfortable you can walk around any way you want. When I used to have my little cousins come over while my cousins were running errands they tried to give me grief about just wearing my nightgown while they were at my home. I told them if they didn’t like it take they kids with them next time.

2 Likes

He is a little boy with everything covered no different to wearing swimming trunks and your friends had no problem with it,so no problem and whoever made the comment should of said to you not your hubby and is also absolutely none of their business.So no you are not wrong.:kissing_heart:

2 Likes

Pants are overrated. What he had on covered him more than most bathing suits do.

1 Like

Your house your rules

Plan and simple, tell them your house your rules. If they don’t like it DON’T come over. Period

Take it from someone who has gone to the neighbors, who’s house you have to step up to, and who quickly learned to look up (way up) when the door opened because I was eye to eye with… that’s not appropriate. SHE ran around in her bra and panties all day. (And you wonder why their kids ran around naked through the front yard when not in school.)

Hell my kids run around naked half the time :joy: we live in the country and we’ve raised our kids that the human body is a marvelous wonder and everyone is different in their own ways. Now my kids also know what “good touch bad touch” is and that no one but their doctor is supposed to touch their privates. They also know the proper names for genitals, boys have penis and testicles and girls have vagina and that girls have periods and only women of a mature age can get pregnant and carry babies. And when the time comes my boys will be educated on further body issues. But no its your home and your family and if someone is too stuffy to realize that i say f#€k their opinion :joy: opinions are like a$$holes everybody has em but not everyone needs to hear em :joy:

There’s nothing wrong with what happened. I don’t think you were a but hole at all.

If i have guess over my place then my kids have always stayed in clothes not in underwear when we have no company then my youngest likes to walk around in her tank top and pull up or pull up and tshirt she 16 anf autistic she hates clothes but knows to wear them if we have guest we tought them sence they were 2yrs old and we do the same

Your home do as you want. If they don’t like it…just tell them to bugger off!!

Forget about it. Seriously. People and their opinions on others lives, who cares.

1 Like

He’s at home he’s comfortable tell them if they don’t like it pay your bills or don’t come over

3 Likes

The fact that you have to ask raises questions

1 Like

If he’s in boxers I see no problem. Now if he’s naked infront of those girls yea I would see the problem. I would also tell that family member do they pay my bills or take care of my kids no then they can’t say nothing and to not come back to my house again.

He should have pajamers on in my opionion unless he was just a baby

They need to stay in their lane. Your house, your rules. I am a mother of three, 22 years old down to 10 years old, I wear my pajamas when I get home from work, and sometimes that is a long T-shirt and boxers. My kids don’t care, my kids friends/their parents don’t care. If they are that sensitive, perhaps they should stay at home. I don’t believe in being uncomfortable in my own home.

2 Likes

I think its weird and inappropriate for people to be walking around in their underwear with other people around anyway. It’s one thing if it’s just you or just you and your spouse, but when you have company, especially your son and little girls are over, the kid needs to have clothes on and it should go without saying bug the adults need to as well. 8 is definitely too old to be chillin in your underpants with little girls around.

3 Likes

my boys are free to wear their boxers when in their rooms, if they want to be in a family area or if company is over then at least put on PJs or athletic shorts. Almost all boxers have the front opening that can open at any moment.

2 Likes

Tell them to fuck off they arnt the parent

That’s weird. We wear clothes around company here.

1 Like

Tell them to mind their own business. Would they say the same thing if u let him wear a speedo to the beach

4 Likes

Some people have nothing better to do the judge others. Let that person know that you’ll be doing what you want in your own house with your kids.

17 Likes

Your house, your rules. I don’t think it raises any questions at all by letting your kids have less clothes on in the house. Don’t stress this!

1 Like

Laughing at this family member because wtf?? Does it really matter how y’all dress in your own home? :joy:
I mean shoot, might as well move to a nudist colony if you’re going to allow your kids and yourself to roam about in your underwear. :roll_eyes:

Unless I’m in leggings or comfy shorts, as soon as I get home, the pants and bra come off. Once my son saw me do this and he stared at me shocked, then said “me too.” And took his pants off as well. :joy: I think it’s great to be able to be comfortable in your own home! Tell whoever that was to just not come over anymore. Or make it awkward for them and invite them to take their pants off too!

5 Likes

Honey if y’all like to roam around in your underwear and you can’t see anything then let it fly!!! First off the family member needs to be taught it’s free to mind your own damn business!!!

Non of their business really! If it was me I’d be telling them to go :fu:themselves! no different than wearing swimwear round a pool! We need to encourage our kids to be happy with they way they are, this is why we have so many people with body issues and eating disorders as they become older! For anyone to sexulise what a child is wearing is the one that’s the problem! My boy was and still is most of the time half dressed when we are home! Because hes comfortable!!People need to learn to mind their fucking business especially when it’s no business of theirs! If your kids are happy, healthy and loved is all that matters! As long as they are comfortable in their home with their familys cant see the problem! Keep doing you momma your not in the wrong :purple_heart: xx

Just because they are uncomfortable with partial nudity doesn’t mean YOU should be. In your home, you get to decide.

4 Likes

Honestly, my son is 8 & I feel around people he should at least have shorts on. HOWEVER, it is your house, your rules. & you should do what is comfortable in YOUR house.

1 Like

In mu opinion, fuck what other people think

As a mother, I’d have my kids where pajamas when there is company.
Some people don’t care and honestly I envy those people.

But a big rule of thumb, is anyone will find anything to complain about if they can.
So unless you want to be a big anxious mess worrying what person will say what,
Stand your ground.

My daughters wear Tshirt and panties. If we have to tell them to put real clothes on that person isn’t allowed in our house…

4 Likes

Your house your rules. At my house i usually wear a shirt and a pair of shorts, depends on time a day as to the length, my daughter is allowed a tank top and shorts, no belly tho. My boys usually have on shirts and shorts. The two grown men always have on shirts and shorts. When our pool is open obviously I allow the boys to go shirtless and my daughter to have a One piece. She’s never asked for a two piece yet and if or when she does I’ll most likely allow it. As long as she’s covered she’s allowed to wear the booty shorts, that’s mostly what I wear at home as well. Boys if inside have to have a shirt on. They are more comfortable around their sister that way tho so I’m good with that rule. Babies are fine in diapers. I think once a child reaches a certain age it’s only appropriate if they are dressed, even if it’s loose fitting pajamas or sitting in a chair covered up but only have a shirt and undies on underneath the blanket as long as nobody can actually see them. Especially if around other children. I wouldn’t want another person seeing one of mine without proper clothes on and go tell someone else and it get blown out of proportion and then CPS get called lol

My son is 11 and still hangs out in his boxers 90% of the time when we are home if it’s just us in the house. It’s his home he deserves to be comfortable, if we have company then he will atleast put some shorts on.

1 Like

Just tell them when he comes to their house ya will make sure he is ppl ready but when he is home that’s his spot and if they don’t like it then they don’t have to come to his HOME! Sending love… keep doing what ya as his mama thinks and feels is best!

4 Likes

It’s your house so your rules! That family member needs to mind their own business & move along. Just because they don’t do it doesn’t make it wrong for your home.

4 Likes

People do not a the right to tell you what you do 8n your own home. PLUS, these other children are young. When I was growing up I took baths with my brothers, sisters, and cousins up to the age of 6. No harm done. I think as a society we are introducing sexual content way to early to children.

3 Likes

When people say they want to visit me I make sure they know, I keep my house warm/hot specifically so I can walk around in undies or a sarong (naked under). This is MY HOME and my comfort level. Unexpected visitors get to see me in all my comfortable glory. Don’t like it? Go to your home and wear jeans all day lol

6 Likes

We have a rule that pants or shorts must be worn if people are coming over. A lot of times my son will take off his undies and just wear shorts instead. I don’t think your in the wrong though. Your house your rules

They are in the wrong not you !!! They need to mind their own business !!

1 Like

Your families sound very close and probably feel like siblings, if they all felt comfortable with it then that’s all that matters. Most 8 year olds are starting to get uncomfortable with their bodies, i say you are doing a great job if your kids are still that comfortable!

6 Likes

There are many families that don’t allow their boys to run around without a shirt on if company is over. They think it lacks “class”. Growing up in the 60’s and 70’s, this was reserved for only the “lower class”. It’s just the way it was. So I can understand kids not running around in underwear when company is over.

1 Like

They need to worry about their own home

I agree with you. To dramatic. People need to go worry about what’s for supper or their laundry ect.

I have a almost 2 year old and I wear a long baggy shirt and granny panties as most call them around my house every day. I mean if someone comes over ill put shorts on but its your house your rules you do whatever you please. If they don’t like it then don’t come over

2 Likes

I would tell my husband to stop caring about someone else’s comfort over our son’s, this is ridiculous. He’s eight years old and was in physical discomfort, he had a reason to not wear any extra clothing as it would have made the issues worse.

1 Like

I mean we all have our own opinion but I agree with the person that said to be fully clothed

1 Like

I get both sides. It’s basically like a bathing suit. So I don’t see the problem that way. But I also get why some people would be uncomfortable. If I went to someone’s house and say, their teen daughter was in undies and a tank top, it would make me uncomfortable. Or if their teen son was in just boxers. Idk I was raised that underwear is to be under clothes, not worn as clothes lol.

My house my rules! You come to my house and see a little one in their underwear and you are uncomfortable then you’re the problem! 5 and under always in underwear! My 13 and 25 year old have shorts on! If you make it uncomfortable then you make them uncomfortable! Not in my house! The adults are always fully clothed!

1 Like

Not my cup of tea, but your house your rules. No one else’s business.

What’s wrong is that grown adult thinking a child in underwear in their own home is inappropriate! Like excuse me but as long as private areas are covered then nothing is wrong with the child be comfortable in their own space. Sounds more like that person has a problem as in why does it make that person so uncomfortable it’s a little child not a grown man….so why actually is this person looking at him in a type of way that would make it inappropriate (sexualizing a child that’s trying to be comfortable in their safe space :face_vomiting:) people make me sick! Smh :woman_facepalming:t2:

4 Likes

My brother always hung around the house in his boxers no matter who was there. Who cares. Your husband and his family member should really worry about more important things. :roll_eyes:

4 Likes

To each their own but she sounds like an ass tbh. Or maybe I’m just taking it personal because since my son was a baby he’d be in just a diaper & to this day at 6 years old, he’ll chill in his underwear & a shirt. Its your house at the end of the day & she doesn’t need to go over if she’s uncomfortable. Id just tell her if its an issue, ill respect your opinion but then don’t come over, because I’m not changing my ways to make YOU comfortable.

Stay in her own lane!!! Unbelievable!!! My brothers used to do that a lot.

3 Likes

Soon as all 4 of my kids get through the door they all strip down to nappys or pants this is there home anyone don’t like it don’t come visit simple :white_check_mark:

2 Likes

OMG that is the dumbest thing! You are fine. Your kids are fine. Tell this relative to go get a hobby because they clearly have too much time on their hands.

2 Likes

My step mom used to show up unannounced and we would all be pantsless. She told my boys it was inappropriate and I told her that it was inappropriate to show up unannounced. We have a right to be comfortable in our own home and wtf likes wearing pants when they don’t have too? Call before you come over and we’ll have pants on.

6 Likes

For goodness sake he’s a child and wasn’t walking around naked :roll_eyes:. As long as decency isn’t covered and you’re all comfortable I don’t see a problem. Sounds like the ex might be a bit of a control freak :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

U can do what u won’t its ur home I wouldn’t as teens though but their still little

1 Like

No you’re not being the AH.
My 5 year old is always in his boxers or some shorts. A “family” member commented on my pic one time and asked if he needed clothes for Christmas because he’s never fully dressed. I was heated too. It’s nooooo ones damn business. :roll_eyes:

I would straight up tell them to mind there own business

2 Likes