Am I in the wrong?

Also, my man is usually in just his boxers or shorts. I wear just my robe all the time. We are just not the kind of people to pop up on. Lemme know if you’re coming over :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Someone will always have something to say. I’ve learned that if I’m okay with it, the right people will be okay with it too. Otherwise, they can either give me a notice that they’re coming over or they could just not come over anymore. It’s not a kids job to be uncomfortable to put adults at ease.

2 Likes

They should get over themselves… if they’re offended, perhaps they need to re-evaluate their priorities

Who wears pants at home? :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

My son strips down to his Indies at home all the time… he gets dressed if we have visitors or family over…

Your house, your rules.

It’s your house! Nothing inappropriate going on, tell them to mind their own or don’t come over :grinning:

1 Like

tell them to go fly a kite!

Nope. He’s covered, you’re covered, they’re just prudes.

2 Likes

It’s your home and your kid do what you want. You’re the parent

1 Like

Your house, your rules

My 14 Yr old walks round in boxers at times. My 8yr old too. Is their home.

People SHOULD mind their own no one cares about a little boy being in undies unless they themselves have weird feelings about it straight up :woman_shrugging:t2:

your home your rules. If they don’t like it then let you know way in advance so you can tell them this is how it is and if you don’t like it then don’t show up

I walk around like Winnie the Pooh… my kids also do. I’d put pants on but wouldn’t be overly bothered with trousers or shorts.
I really wouldn’t worry about it. It’s their problem x

As a mom of three boys they hate clothes thats the first thing they do when they get home is strip in there undies they are 8 6 and 5. The way i see it its my house if people dont like it they dont have to come over!

3 Likes

Doesn’t sound like anything inappropriate is going on. Not that I was thinking that. But if you don’t say stuff like that people freak out. :woman_facepalming:
Anyways, if they aren’t paying your bills or you are not living under their room I’d tell them thank you for their advice but this is your home and your direct family and yall are raising them just fine and nothing inappropriate is going on. But you do appreciate their advice.
No need to be rude, just firm. They can take it as they want, that we cannot control. Goodluck and remember it’s your home and your children. Mind you if you have a spouse make sure yall are on the same page lol

Society has such a strange issue with the human body… NTA

4 Likes

My family is always in varying states of undress at home, because home is where you should be comfortable. We never tell them they have to cover up if it’s just family at home, and they’re very secure in their bodies, know correct anatomical terms, and are less giggly about body parts because they haven’t been made to feel they’re taboo. Rock on with or without pants as you see fit, mama

2 Likes

I’d make sure not single person was wearing pants they next time that family member dropped by! They need to just mind their own.

10 Likes

They can mind their business or don’t come to your house. :woman_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

Wait… people still wear undies … just saying .

2 Likes

Until we had our daughter my boys walked around in their underwear all day. Once our daughter was born I just asked them if they could put on a pair of shorts. Most times they don’t but it’s no big deal over here. Your house your rules.

2 Likes

Next family portrait should be everyone wearing boxers

11 Likes

We don’t wear pants around here unless we have to.

My son is ALWAYS in his underwear and so is my stepson, and mostly my husband too. No issues.

It’s not their business

3 Likes

If the person has a problem what your kids do in your home then they are the problem and your husband’s a dickhead who needs to pull his ass out of his head

Not their business!!

1 Like

my son suffers from SPD and hates to wear long pants so mostly shorts in the house and i get the u let him walk around ya house like that…im like not ya business lol

Nope. Not their house. They need to mind the business that pays them.

My 3 year old grand daughter literally only wears panties unless she’s outside. The minute she’s home she’s outta everything but her panties. Home is a safe place

7 Likes

Your home your rules! If they don’t like it then don’t come over 💁

1 Like

It’s your house. If want to hang out in your undies that’s your prerogative. They don’t like, don’t come over.

1 Like

Never heard of being undressed at home. If they have outdoor chores or activities, do they put clothes on? Not sure why no clothes in the house. Kinda sounds sloppy to me…

4 Likes

Your family member would hate my house. My 4 year old it currently sitting on the couch in his whitey tightys and my 3 year old is sprawled out on the floor in her underwear. When my 9 year old gets home from school I can guarantee his pants will be off before he hits his bedroom. My 6 year old girl is constantly in her underwear and a t shirt and don’t even get me started on my 16 and 12 year old :rofl:. And and their dad, a grown man, will literally drive in his underwear on our way to vacation (22hr drive) soooo yeah, your family member would have a dang heart attack in my “inappropriate” household :rofl::call_me_hand:

5 Likes

Your house your rules if somebody’s just popping by unexpectedly, it’s family and you didn’t have a chance to appropriate yourself well that’s on them.

3 Likes

The first thing my son does when he comes home from school is take his pants off (keeps underwear and shirt on) I don’t see a problem with it. If he goes outside to play he puts shorts on. It sounds like they need to mind their own business.

Nope your home your rules if they don’t like it don’t come over. My 4 yr old hates clothes and is only in underwear when we are home. It’s her home so idc what anyone says to me and you shouldn’t care either

Wow wow wow. You were doing what helped a child who had a irritating rash. How is there anything wrong with this?

He was wearing what he was comfortable in while in his home … someone needs to keep their opinions to themselves

1 Like

Your house, your kids, & your life. Tell them to piss off.

Tell them to mind their business. His home is a safe place …

2 Likes

Ignore the ignorant.he was covered so I dont see a problem with it.

1 Like

No you’re not your family do and tell everyone else to do then

My brother in-law always wore his tighty whities around the house. They have 2 sons no daughters. He always said if you come over uninvited this is how you’d see him. His home so… Maybe this is what you can say to your uninvited guests.

1 Like

Your house your rules.

3 Likes

I have five boys and they all ran around in their boxers until they hit a certain age I do have a girl that is the second oldest my husband was very uncomfortable with it as well and made my boys put pants on he says it is inappropriate as well so I totally feel what you’re going through. When they were little I would however I will get up to go to the bathroom in my t-shirt but it’s not their house not their business your house your rules but Maybe your husband is worried that somebody may take it into their own hands to make phone calls that don’t need to be made and bring more drama to your house

1 Like

Has nothing to do with them. People have the same BS opinions on homeschooling kids… how “they need to be socialized so they’re used to it” which makes it seem like because they dont go sit in a brick building for 8 hours every day that they’re clueless when it comes to other humans. Same with your house… of course your son knows that he cant hang out at the mall in his undies,but at home that’s a whole different story. Home is for comfort and safety, not everyone elses opinions

1 Like

Lol that’s your house and should be able to wear what you want of corse when company is not there.
I would tell the family member to kick rocks and your enforcing a no pants in the house rule so be prepared when they come over

1 Like

I’m so tired of grown people sexualizing kids and saying stuff like that is inappropriate. How? They’re freaking kids! They still don’t know any better. Adults need to do better.

4 Likes

My 15 yr old still refuses pants no matter what. I’m 43 and refuse pants. Your house your kid your rules

He was in his home. The in appropriation here is the person that commented on it. None of their business what goes on in your own home.

1 Like

They’re the A for saying something. My household is the same way. I walk around the same way as you do and my son occasionally walks around in a shirt and his briefs. I see nothing wrong with that especially since you guys don’t go outside with no clothes on.

1 Like

In your own home u do what u like. If u want to go around naked while no one else is home good for u. Those who just drop by get used to it. I do what I like best in my home and in your home I will respect what u like. If don’t like it tell them to kiss where the sun doesn’t shine.

4 Likes

There’s nothing wrong with your son walking around like that in his own home. HOWEVER, since there were little girls over there it probably would’ve been better to have him in some shorts. But since the parents didn’t mind, it’s okay and folks should mind their business.

1 Like

I always have done the same thing as you, I had boys, always in their boxers around the house, me no bra big t shirt underwear, they need to mined there business

2 Likes

I did allow my youngest to run around in his undies when they were loose. Then when he got older I taught him he’s too old in female company including me and sisters (who are 7+older). It’s RESPECTFUL to them to acknowledge that they should be treated Respectful. But, if he continues to runaround in undies ,they will nit respect him in turn. You may think it doesn’t bother them. But, have you sat them down and asked them. I was surprised when my step son came to me one evening and confessed that his Dad running around in his boxer briefs were making him uncomfortable. My husband was surprised as well. He said it didn’t bother him just him and Dad. But, when I entered the room ,he was embarrassed. I think this needs to be addressed to each child and husband. Also. They won’t respect YOU if you don’t respect yourself enough to get dressed. This all boils down to self respect and respect of others. Children should stop running around in their undies after puberty starts. Apparently you have company over when you are not dressed and that is also inappropriate. You say they shouldn’t come over. But, why would you allow them in. If your always nit dressed…you’ll never have company. Yes , that sounds nice. But, what about …their company. Their friends coming over. Show some respect…teach respect. Get dressed properly.

1 Like

Dude my grandfather wore bikini Speedos. Didn’t matter who was there… he even mowed the grass in them. Luckily he was fit :joy:. He sunbathed out back nude (in the suburbs). He was nude unless ppl were over (no I never saw his junk and I lived there for years).

I had a co-worker babysitting my son and her 2 or 3 of her 4 boys would be running around with nothing on… the other one(s) would have on underwear. That was a little weird, but to each their own.

My in-laws were like this too to a point. When my daughter was a toddler, 1-3, who cares if she doesn’t have a shirt on! Like she’ll never be able to have that… they didn’t see it the same lol. Even my son they’ll be like where’s your shirt…. He’s a boy why does he need one? I don’t get it, but personally idc be comfortable in your own skin.

It’s YOUR house. If anyone else don’t like it then fuck em . :woman_shrugging:

You get dressed when you have company, your kids should be dressed when they have company

3 Likes

If family member is offended over this, well their feelings should be taken into consideration. Nah, tell them to go the fuck home and stay their! After all give them something to be offended over!

What’s the difference between what’s covered with a swimsuit and undergarments? Why is it a problem and why do they think it’s their business.

4 Likes

Your home your rules

2 Likes

Im with you. My 5 year old loves to be in just underwear and i wear shorts and a tank. My husband wants him fully dressed at all time. We want to be comfy so not going to happen

6 Likes

If none of the people involved (other kids or parents) were uncomfortable then it’s no one else’s business.

1 Like

your son is 8. he still a baby. its your home they should dress however they feel comfortable…

Mine still does hes 15

Someone told you what to do in your home? Pssssshhhh. No ma’am.

Can’t mention gender no more so it would be fine by today’s wacky world changes !

My kids (5 and 3) get undressed and run around in their undies as soon as we get home from somewhere. I’m not gonna force them to wear clothes. Now if I know we have people coming over I have them at least put a long shirt on. I mean I’m 27 and wear boy short undies and a t-shirt around my house. Ain’t no one gonna tell me what to do in my own home.

I’d tell your husband to have the family member mind their own business and if they don’t like it they don’t have to stop by anymore.

1 Like

i have a 11 and 7 year old and as soon as they walk in the door from school they strip down to there underwear … if you don’t have a problem and your friends don’t care what’s it matter your rules ?? your kids ? hell i’m 35 and still strip down to my underwear when i get home off work :joy:

1 Like

i see what your husband is saying. i would not allow it either.

Well your husband can tell that family member to do things as they please in their house but you guys will not shame the human body in yours. He is 8, they need to chill.

3 Likes

It’s your home and I’m sure you made sure he was covered up so don’t let others tell you how to bring up your children its not as if he is a grown man .

Your child was covered up, and that is all that is important. The kids were probably very tired after that trip, and if someone in your family has a problem, they should have said something to both you and your husband. What is the difference between a bathing suit and what he had on?

1 Like

My 8 year old lives in his underwear at home . Nothing wrong with it

Mine is 24 and still hangs out in his underwear , my daughter and I wear night shirts , my husband wears lounge pants . You are in your own home, be comfortable and have a talk with your husband and encourage him to be comfortable too .

1 Like

My son just turned 8 today… He walks around with his shorts on constantly in our house. He always says he is to hot.

Clothes are made for a reason. If your husband thinks you and family should wear clothes. Then wear clothes.

5 Likes

Your family member needs to stop being a weirdo and imposing their stuffy old fashioned beliefs onto you and your kids.

1 Like

As a man an remind u I got invited to this group but as a man my kids will never walk around in their underwear no matter if family or friends are over but if my kids want to wear shorts aka basketball or lose spandex shorts and a tank top all for it but just boxer shorts no not at all

1 Like

It’s his home; if he wants to be in his boxers, so what? My home is a safe place for my kids; they run around half dressed all the time, as do I. We also don’t view nakedness as a good or bad thing, just natural. Teaching kids it’s respectful to be dressed reinforces the idea that you are only as respected as the clothes you wear. Can anyone say rape culture? While there are of course expectations of having our privates covered in the presence of the opposite sex, they pretty much have free range on clothing at home.

Tell them to mind their own. Your home, your rules.

1 Like

You’re not wrong. He was wearing more than a speedo at the pool so they can kick rocks.

Ask that person what bill they paying at your house this month…

9 Likes

Seriously. Tell them to kind their business. It’s his home and he deserves to be comfortable in it.

I can understand putting on shorts around other peoples kids. It be different if y’all were home alone.

1 Like

Your child has a heat rash from long trip…maybe that family member should have called and not just stop in unannounced in the first place and you would have said to them…just got home from long trip…child has heat rash and is recouperating in his undies so dont be offended or make your visit another day…but please call first…not your fault their nasty attitude has to show up in the form of a family visit…they need to mind thier business and hubby needs to enforce that

3 Likes

It’s his home. He should be allowed to be comfortable in his home. I walk around with no bra on in a loose tank and shorts if I’m not working and my youngest never has clothes on except underwear

1 Like

Tell them it is more appropriate then a speedo on the beach. Tell them to mind their own business.

2 Likes

My whole family is comfortable seeing each other in their underwear. Youre still covered and most importantly youre comfortable. The other family member can mind their own

1 Like

First I would have asked who it was that made statement then ask him and them if they are paying your bills. They have no right to even be concerned. It is not their business. Maybe you should run their home? See how they like it.

2 Likes

Your house… your rules.
I’ll rip a damn bra off before I even hit the driveway…
I’d ensure we all were in underwear the next time they stopped by.

It’s only inappropriate if you make it inappropriate

11 Likes

Nope my house my kids do as we please nothing wrong with it.They are the ones making it a big deal. An 8 yr old shouldn’t be Sexualized by wearing his boxers around the house. My 10 yr old son an 15 yr old daughter walk around with big T shirt 90 percent of the time , one of there dads shirts and there under clothes.It so isn’t a big deal.With that said they aren’t allowed around others that way because I don’t trust anyone with my kids! At home they should be comfortable an feel safe to lounge around!

4 Likes

Why do adults feel the need to fill in blanks where they’re not needed? I don’t get it…the need to make issues out of non-issues. There is nothing inappropriate going on until they make it that way. I feel the same way about dress codes in schools. Stop sexualizing children…the end

9 Likes

They’re the assholes

Your house your rules. Clothes are over rated. If you guys ate comfortable with it then there is no problem. The problem lies with the fool who’s trying to tell you how to live and what rules you should have in your home. I’d tell to go fly a kit… but not actually those words.:joy: