Am I obligated to throw my sister a baby shower?

Where I live- you get one baby shower- you are on your own after that

No I don’t think you should give her a shower. You’ve been victimized once - twice is unacceptable . Stick to saying no! Blood should treat each other better and if they don’t - it’s not worth it!

1 Like

Honestly you should only get one baby shower and that’s it in my opinion

Her best friend or mother in law should host the shower. You are not obligated to host her shower

If you host she’ll be upset if you don’t do it the way she wants. If you don’t host she’ll be upset about that. She sounds like a spoiled brat to me. Do whatever will cause you the least amount of aggravation in the long term. Better yet, let her husband take care of it.

Afford? Umm her party, she pay. And no don’t throw her the party… but if she wants a party she’ll pay for her own stuff

1 Like

I wouldn’t throw her a party, say you ruined the last shower you threw so why would I do another one

3 Likes

Being your sister does not entitle her to treat you like s$&t. Stick to what you know and don’t allow her to dictate your life.

1 Like

Tell her to do it her bloody self! And that you don’t want a repeat of last time thankyou very much

1 Like

Why doesn’t her friends throw her a baby shower?! Or her mother in law?!

1 Like

No, doesn’t she have a close girl friend? Once burned why stick your hands back in the fire. She’s trying to guilt trip you. Smile and walk away, sister or not, she’s using you

2 Likes

For my Sister absolutely but I would want to talk about boundaries & cost. I wouldn’t have excluded her friend without talking about it first.

First time, shame on her, second time shame on me. Do not give in, as it will never stop.

Don’t do it. She obviously doesn’t appreciate what you have done before!

As her sister you are not obligated. A close friend should actually do it! You are off the hook!

Oh Hell NO! Where does it say you’ve got to provide an ungrateful and unapologetic sister a baby shower ?? She’s been taking crap on social media for 3 year?? That should tell you something. NO! NO! AND AGAIN, NO!

2 Likes

Sounds like she has a serious entitlement problem and in my honest opinion you should start putting your foot down asap, though it will be difficult and drama filled it will benefit you in the long run.

I wouldn’t tell her to find somebody else or hire someone l don’t think it’s worth the Stress to you and tell her so look at what you have gone Through look at the thanks you got for that one l would just tell her Nope Im out of Bussiness Sorry Find Someone Else

No you’re not obligated. You throw her a shower if you want to and thats it

Just because your her sister doesn’t mean you have to throw the shower if you feel strongly about sticking to the reason why the. Do it there are other people that can throw one

No! She was ungrateful and bitched for “3 years!” about the last party you threw for her.

No! Who does she think that you are? Surely not her party planner. If you wanted to, she wouldn’t have to ask. Don’t let her guilt trip you into it either.

She didn’t appreciate the first one.

Are you mad to even consider it after what she did to you. Just tell her no.

Seems like a dammed if you do, dammed if you dont. So if you really just dont want to, don’t have the money, or dont want the stress then I’d say dont.

Aren’t baby showers just for the 1st baby??

Tell her to go an jump tell her to do it herself or get someone else to do it you did the first one you don’t need the stress of it

You are immediate family and it is considered bad manners to throw a shower, wedding, house warming , whatever. Her friends should be doing these gatherings and NOT you ! The financial pressure on you isn’t even fair. When friends host these events, drama could be eliminated because they get to select the guests. Your sister had her nerve to demand this of you in the first place ! This is not your job ! Just say NO.

Clear boundaries is beneficial to your mental health. So hell no!

You have a personal boundary that you don’t want to throw the shower. So don’t let anyone cross your boundary. Stick to it. You told your sister no, so its her job to figure it out :man_shrugging:t4:

How on god’s green earth are you obligated to do something for a grown unappreciative woman …

Do what you want to do And can afford to do then tell your sister to ask one of her friends to give her a shower And remind her that people do not go around asking them to give Her a shower. P people will do it if they Want otherwise accept what happens no matter what…

What the heck is a household shower? It sounds very grabby!

Omg I just told my hubby about this…his response was stick a cork up her f$$$y und keep the baby in there until she can afford the shower herself

No, if she didn’t appreciate it before she would not do it this time either, plus you mentioned the you can’t afford it , you are not obligated,

That would be a no from me. She sounds toxic

Certainly say NO! She was a dork, a spoiled, ungrateful turkey, so she does not deserve your efforts.

Tell her to run on…. Don’t do it. She sounds entitled and toxic.

say “I’d love to but I can’t…I’m incredibly busy doing______” prepare to answer her whiny questions and just you cant do both.

Where I live, it would be considered inappropriate for one’s sister to host her shower. Doesn’t she have any friends, possibly some who owe her a favor?

Don’t do it. You can’t please people like that. They are waiting to pick you apart no matter what you do. You can’t win so don’t play.

Tell her to get fucked and sort it herself. Still be drama but it’ll cost you a whole lot less and what’s three more years of social media aggro?

Why do people need a baby shower?

No way should you…it is ok to say NO I think your sister bullies you

Do what is best for you? Its not mandatory for you to host

Say you won’t do it. Help out but just be a guest.

The best predictor of future behavior is past behavior

5 Likes

No. She should ask soneone else YOU are NOT OBLIGATED TO DO ANYTHING.

1 Like

If you ruined something why would they trust you not to ruin it again. Right.
Wouldn’t be me.

1 Like

I would say no way, look what happened the last time I did something for you. Definitely no.

1 Like

Hell no I wouldn’t. And you don’t even need to justify not wanting to. If you don’t want to you have every right to say no

1 Like

Nope you aint obligated to do anything for a sibling or anyone it’s your choice

1 Like

You are under absolutely no obligation to do anything.

9 Likes

My gosh! What are you thinking? My answer would be a definate NO

My friends had all my showers, bridal and baby… never family…

1 Like

You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to do

3 Likes

I’d get some mini baby dolls and throw them at her , and tell her, there’s your baby shower.

3 Likes

Tell her to throw her own shower :joy::joy::joy:
No family drama then is there

1 Like

No remind her of her actions an just show up for baby shower

2 Likes

Say NO! She feels entitled. Tell her straight out that you will not give her a baby shower. Let someone else throw her one.

1 Like

Stick to your finances. Maybe her Maid of honor and girls can give her a shower❤️

You need to fix the bigger problem… her bullying you. Stand up for yourself and say no. Don’t let other people make you do things you don’t want to. :v::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Umm no! Doesn’t she gave friends?

Boundaries. No is a complete sentence.

2 Likes

Absolutely no!! She’ll never learn if you keep giving in to her.

Tell her shes a big girl do it herself n get on with ur life… she doesnt like it too bad… stop being her doormat

You do not have to throw her a shower. She should have one of her friends do it.

Family is not supposed to give showers.

1 Like

Baby showers for every baby us greedy! You don’t need the drama!

She sounds like an ungrateful spoiled brat to me . I wouldn’t do it .

I’d just tell her, i was afraid I’d do something she wouldn’t approve of

No you dont have to. Let her best friend do it.

1 Like

After she got so mad. Let someone else in the family or a friend of hers have the shower

Maybe her friend can host it for her.

She sounds like a bully, a spoilt brat.
If she wants a baby shower tell her go ahead and do it herself.

Tell your sister to kick rocks, and throw her on baby shower.

1 Like

You don’t have to. Your sisters a bully. Tell her to bugger off.

1 Like

It’s not your place to throw her a shower I’d say NO

Hah! You are not obligated to throw her ungrateful ass a shower just because she’s pregnant. That’s hilarious.

You are not responsible for her happiness. Walk away.

She can throw her own babyshower like everyone else does.

No… don’t she won’t be happy. Let one of her friends step up to the plate

Tell her no you cant but if she had a shower you will attend with a gift.

Hell no dont throw her fucking shower. Tell to have the drama person throw her a fucking shower.

Tell her no, tell her you just cannot do it.

1 Like

No do not do it…she does not appreciate it…stop

1 Like

No way!!
Ungrateful human being to you…

1 Like

No no no!!! Didn’t you learn the first time around…

2 Likes

You dont have to do anything you dont want to

1 Like

You don’t HAVE to do anything you don’t want to do for family or otherwise. Tell her to find someone else.

1 Like

You are not obligated to do this… politely decline.

1 Like

You don’t need to through anyone a shower.

1 Like

No way you owe her nothing!

1 Like

Not your responsibility :woman_shrugging: if you want to help pay for something for the shower, sure, but it’s not an obligation.

Forget that! You’ll never please her anyway!

She sounds ungrateful… No obligation to throw ANYONE a shower. I wouldn’t. Let her be pissed.

1 Like

She sounds like an ungrateful spoilt brat

In my opinion, you don’t owe her a damn thing!!

No u don’t have to do anything u don’t feel comfortable doing

1 Like

No sort of showers are obligatory!