Am I obligated to throw my sister a baby shower?

She wants a shower she can pay for it. Cheek

Ur mad if u agree to more drama from ur sister. Say NO!!!

Stick to it,” she already screwed you once.

Less drama! Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

Umm people can’t really Force people to throw them baby showers :rofl: family or not that’s a first

Nobody threw me any and I have 2 kids

No you don’t have to unless you want to

1 Like

You don’t have to do nothing your free and over 21

Tell her your sorry but you can not afford to do it.

Unless your sister plans on being pg many times, I would throw her a shower and celebrate the new addition to the family. You also are quite the drama queen. Look at it as a loving welcome to a baby.

1 Like

You are not obligated to throw her a baby shower as her sister. I have 2 sisters and none of us threw baby showers for each other. That’s usually a best friends job. I wouldn’t throw her one anyone after the first time. Let her find someone else to do it. She sounds completely ungrateful

1 Like

You are not obligated
Your health is more important

2 Likes

No …tell her to find another person to walk all over & talk about later … :-1:t2:

Less drama is much better!And didn’t yourvsister have a Maid of Honor/Maids in wedding party!They should be the one to help her out.Just saying.

You are not obligated to do anything!

I wouldnt do it sounds ungrateful and intitled …

You’re not obligated. One of her friends could throw her a shower. It sound she and the person who wasn’t invited previously are peas in a pod.

You don’t have to do anything

1 Like

Don’t put yourself last. The only beings you should put before yourself, is the one/s you created. Nobody else is worth jeopardizing your inner peace.

1 Like

Be the bigger person. There’s a baby involved and that baby will be your niece or nephew.

Nope I sure wouldn’t after her acting ungrateful the first go round .

Heck no. I wouldnt do it. You dont owe anyone anything.

Hell no! After the first time why do that again for an ungrateful miserable whinger, tell her to do it hetself

I would tell her where to stick her self entitlement to a shower x x x

1 Like

be upfront and say that you cannot afford it and say that since she was unsatisfied with the first shower that she should find someone else

No, u r not obligated to throw her a shower; however, u should apologize to her because u did not invite the one person she wanted u to. That was not ur call to make and underhanded. U should have put ur big girl pants :jeans: on.

2 Likes

Your sister didn’t appreciate the first effort you put in for the wedding shower. Don’t waste your time, don’t waste your time, save yourself from the drama. She can hire someone, are you getting paid for this stressful situation?

Just tell her you can’t afford it now

1 Like

Being the “bigger person” does not mean you need to allow yourself to to be taken advantage of and abused. We women, too often think that we need to please everyone else, to our own detriment. I used to believe that as well. I am nearly 61 yes old and it is only in the past year, that I have learned to put me first. I adore my children and grandchildren but I matter to. I have ended my relationships wit the toxic people in my life, including siblings. No guilt.

1 Like

Your not obligated to be dictated to

1 Like

No. You don’t HAVE to.
I wouldn’t in this situation anyway. How rude of her to ask you!

1 Like

If you do put ground rules down. Let her give you a guest list but you choose food, venue (home) , and decorations. It doesn’t have to break the bank to be a fun baby /stress free shower!

No. Don’t throw her one.

1 Like

Let her do it on her own…

1 Like

From what I have always been told - it is improper for a family member to host a shower. Tell her NO - ask a friend to host a shower for her (if she has any friends, that is).

1 Like

Sisters dont have to throw showers of any sort, if they don’t want to. Dont be afraid to tell your sister NO.

You don’t have to do.

Tell her no your not doing it. After last time she’s got a hide expecting you to.

2 Likes

Please stick to your guns there are any number of people who can throw her a shower but it’s definitely not you…

I think you know the answer. Do what you know

If your heaIf your heart is not in it, it will be even more stressful for you. Doesn’t she have a sister in law she can ask or her best female friend?

Stick to what you know will be less drama she did not appreciate the first one

If you’re not comfortable, you’re not obligated.

No the answer to your question is nope! Tell her to it herself and send a gift …

Stick to what you know.

You are under no obligation to do so

No. You don’t HAVE to do a damn thing.

Tell her No. Who does she think she is? The nerve of her. Her husband’s side of the family should do the shower. You’ve already done the bridal shower. Tell her this is an expense you can’t afford if you can’t tell her no because you’re afraid of her. I hope you don’t do it. She’s playing guilty mind games on you. Your sister is so selfish and ungrateful to you. NO

1 Like

Oh and you ‘don’t have to’. She actually has to be a good sister to you.

Sister overwhelmed. You are not your sisters keeper.

Tell her to throw her own damn shower!

Speak up for yourself. Tell her NO and that ends that.

You have no obligation. Your sister is a spoiled brat.

You have the rihht to refuse. Added drama- no yjanks!

Tell her to go pound sand

I’m sorry I’d tell her to kiss both my butt cheeks and the hole! Cheeky mare

She’s shown how ungrateful she can get. You did her a favor by not inviting that one person, if they mostly cause drama. I’d respectfully bow out of this one. However I’d show if someone else hosts the shower. You are her sister.

3 Likes

Let the Fathers family step up, She seems to taken up enough space in your head, evem though shes your heart your sister needs to get it right, let her know how you feel and hold on.

1 Like

Sorry but your spoilt little sister needs to grow up and throw her own baby shower they are not compulsory and it’s her baby not yours. Who is she to demand this??? Tell her to get on her bike and do it herself. And thanks but you don’t need need invite as you don’t need her negativity. And to feel free to plaster it all over fb like an attention seeking wench that she is. Just because your blood doesn’t mean to say your her whipping girl and doormat. Family can be so cancerous.

You should never feel obligated it doesn’t work that way. Just the fact that she was so ungrateful the last time you tried to do something for her why bother doing it again? Kind of setting yourself up to get hurt. Always love your sister but she don’t got to put up with her bulshit! Like you said no drama lol good luck in whatever you decide

Sounds like she is controlling and abusive. I’d just tell her she is going to have to have someone else do her biding for her. Possibly tell her that you would rather not to avoid past issues occuring again.

I go for less drama, she wasn’t pleased with the first one, so why would she be pleased with the next one. If she wants it so badly do it herself !

After the gratitude that she showed you the first time, I would say absolutely not. You did your duty, and I don’t believe that showers are required for the second baby, they were more done to help you out when you were getting started as a new mom. Maybe it’s different now, but that’s the way it was in the 80’s; it would be different if you were closer and she was appreciative.

Don’t expect anything you’ll never be disappointed you do not owe anything to anybody she’d be getting a clip up the ear if it’s was my sister talk about stepping over boundaries after what she’s said to you how dare she.

Had 5 kids never had a baby shower once, it’s not necessary lol,I find a spoilt brat attitude when chicks say they need one but it’s for the baby :joy::joy::joy:

It’s not called a pregnant chick party!!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Tell her NO and tell her to ask the person she wasn’t happy who you didn’t invite, Or she can organize it her self like most people do, She is a ungrateful bitch who thinks its her right to tell you to organize a baby shower,

I organised and payed for my own baby shower. I didn’t expect any one else to pay for it or organise it

Sometimes you have to know when to draw the line with family!

Sounds like an entitled girl, no, I would tell her the truth that you don’t need any more drama, I’m sure she has girlfriends who will gladly throw her the baby shower. Too bad but tough.

If you do it do what you want simple you putting it on

Your sister sounds to be self centered and a unappreciative individual. Say no!

1 Like

Throw her in the dump… you’re just being used…. IGNORE HER……pretend you did’nt know anything….give her taste of her own medicine….even with sister or other member of the family… THERES A LIMIT FOR PATIENCE

1 Like

You dont ‘have’ to do anything at all!!!

1 Like

Nope, you are not obligated and I’d tell her why you won’t/can’t do it

1 Like

Yes,but just invite that one person you didn’t invite before and nobody else.

1 Like

You most certainly do not have too. Tell her your finances are not good.

1 Like

You don’t ever have to do anything you do not want to do. Period.

2 Likes

If she’s planning everything let her plan it.

Less drama, always. Get her friends to do it.

You are not obligated to do anything for her!

No way!! You did 1 shower. It’s someone else’s turn!

Don’t be used by an ungrateful family again

Say no. Skip the stress and drama. Let her have her temper tantrum. She’ll get over it.

I be the bigger person and tell her to PISS off and NO !!’

1 Like

Tell her to throw her own shower. What a bitch,

Stop being a people pleaser I don’t care if your related if u don’t wanna do don’t

Don’t do it! You will not be able to please he whatever you do!

Hell no. I wouldn’t do anything for her. Especially with the fact she’s slandering you on social media. Forget her and her shower

The answer is a big NO , your sister is a bully

Don’t do. Tell her to get on the end of the far. Queue

I wouldn’t bother hosting or going :woman_shrugging:

You have no obligation here. Decline and move on.

Her friends can do it

Um if you’re having a baby have the baby shower yourself.🤦

Eh those are over rated

Do what makes u happy

Nope don’t do shit for her ungrateful ass

Just say no
I dont feel obligated to do that.

Id tell her to do one!!!

You don’t have to do sh*t for her