Am I obligated to throw my sister a baby shower?

Kick her 2 the kerb??shes a user u did right last time?but wasnt right 2 her ?u can do 1000 good deeds and 1 bad 1 @4 the rest of ur life ul be remembered for that 1 bad 1 xthats life let her do her own thing she s using u as a scapes goat :speak_no_evil::hear_no_evil::see_no_evil:

Lmfao I wouldn’t do SHIIIIT!!!

Sounds like she’s gonna cause drama whether you do or don’t.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t! She didn’t appreciate what you did the last time and if she hasn’t changed at all since then, well you know she will find something to fuss about this time so I’d just tell her have her best friend do it if she wants one that bad because you don’t want to take the chance at being thrown to the wolves again.

2 Likes

Hell no, let that one person she’s been bitching about for three years host it.

3 YEARS- Nope. She’s on her own. Tell her to ask that friend of hers to throw her a baby shower

6 Likes

You don’t have to do s***. You owe her NOTHING, especially since she wants to treat you badly on social media. Just because you are ‘family’ doesn’t mean she deserves things from you.

1 Like

Absolutely not. She will treat you the same no matter what you do.

1 Like

Explain to her that you can’t afford it

1 Like

Some people are not happy being hung with a silk rope, if she won’t be happy anyway why put yourself through this.

3 Likes

No fricken way! Protect yourself! You would just be setting yourself up for criticism and rejection (not to mention the $$$)- JUST SAY NO!
Be strong, love yourself!

Nope. You are not required to do anything of the sort. Set your boundaries and stick to them

No way tell your sister to keep her drama witb her and away from u

You ARE NOT obligated to do SHIT for this grown ass MARRIED woman thats having a baby. That’s what HER Friends and mother in law are for!

Well I was going to convey my opinion but it’s already been said.

I believe the old saying goes, “Screw me once, shame on you, screw me twice, shame on me.” I wouldn’t do it.

2 Likes

Don’t do it she sounds greedy

First off, it was her bridal shower, not yours, you had no right to make an executive decision not to invite someone on her list, that person was obvoiusly going to be invited to the weeding and if you used your head you would have said jeeze, ill talk to about it and see what she says…by not inviting her to the shower it falls back on your sister and caused more drama than if you had just invited her in the first place.and yes the responsibility of throwing the baby shower falls on you. Only do what you can afford and take her reaction with a grain of salt but still throw one for her. Me and my sisters would have been very upset if we didnt have eachother throwing out showers and it would have caused crazy unnecessary drama, which will happen if you dont throw one. If can you only do something small, then do something small at someones house. Baby shower is much different than a bridal shower, should be much more laid back and it is ok to only invite a few people making it more intimate. If she has a problem with that then too damm bad, you did your sisterly duty to the best of your ability…:woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

I wouldn’t. People always have something negative to say. I hate putting in 100% effort for it to not be appreciated plus you’re putting in YOUR money for someone to her again not be satisfied. But hey me and my “sister” aren’t even friends so who knows

You are not obligated to throw her a shower. Especially if you can’t afford it. If you are worried about it, get together with a friend of hers and see if she can get a group of girlfriends to be hostesses to throw one. But don’t feel obligated. Especially if its baby number two. I was raised to believe two showers as tacky. :woman_shrugging:

You are absolutely NOT obligated to do anything for ANYONE regardless of who they are. It’s healthy to set boundaries. Just nicely decline and if she continues to answer, nicely let her know that you have already said no and let her know if she wants someone to do it for her; she will have to ask someone else.

You shouldn’t feel obligated to throw your sister a shower. I’m sure she has a few close friends who could do so.

Personally I wouldn’t throw her a damn baby shower I would tell her do it her damn self or find someone else.
You are not obligated to do anything for anyone family or not fuck that shit!!!

1 Like

No one can make you do anything you don’t want to do. Set your boundary and take ten steps back. The only obligation left is for your sister to respect your boundaries.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with throwing your own shower. That’s what we ended up doing. Tell her to throw herself one

Stick to your plan you don’t want a new drama to deal with another one for 3 more years you don’t have to don’t do it

I would never ask anyone to throw me a shower! Sister or not!

If you don’t want to then don’t. Sounds like she’ll be pissed off no matter what.

Tell her to hire a party planner and wash your hands of it and be done. Who does she think she is? :roll_eyes:

I would not do it if I could not afford it and I would tell her that.

3 Likes

I would tell her the truth and say no for your price of mind.

No obli g action at all…let one of her friends do it

Have her sign a contract. She wants to act nasty then you must have a contract

Personally, I think these traditions have gotten out of hand. From children’s birthday parties to weddings and showers, and now all of these extreme gender reveal parties… all of them. Way too much. They’ve become too expensive and so elaborate that they run into the ridiculous. This person doesn’t have to do anything at all. In the interest of trying to keep the peace, if she WANTS to host a party, she could tell her sister what she can manage and if her sister doesn’t like it her sister can ask someone else or manage her own expectations. But frankly, it seems to me that there are other issues with this particular relationship.

6 Likes

She is absolutely trying to control your life! do what is best for you. You owe her nothing…

4 Likes

Sounds like she wont be happy either way. First and foremost, if she wants one, she should pay for it. Second, if she gives you a list of demands then she should organise it herself since she already knows what she wants.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t! Tell her you’re more than happy to buy her a item she may need for the baby. But in no way are YOU entitled to host the shower. I hosted my own shower, that’s how i thought it usually goes…

6 Likes

Nope. Your sister apparently values the person whom was not invited to the house shower. Contact that person and ask THAT person to host the baby shower!

2 Likes

Has your sister thrown any kind of shower or celebration for you? Did you get to mandate every aspect of that celebration? If you do this, she has carte blanche in this arena. If she does not return the favor, let her know that the hosting role is not going to be one-sided starting today!

1 Like

NO - tell her to ask the drama queen!! It’s pushy for her to ask! Doesn’t she have any friends? Maybe not by the way she treated her own sister :tired_face:

1 Like

Family shouldn’t give showers for each other. Friends offer if they don’t offer guess you don’t have friends

1 Like

She’s having a baby millions of women do it every day,she hasn’t cured cancer.She sounds ungrateful and deserves nothing with her attitude

2 Likes

Typically,Baby showers are given by a friend not family. I definitely would not since the last one caused such heartache.

Honestly, showers are something special, a treat and huge help for the new parents- NOT something they should be EXPECTING. She sounds super entitled and I totally would not do it. She can throw her own if she wants to be a princess about it rather than be thankful for whatever is done

You are not obligated to do a single thing for her honestly throwing a baby shower is just something nice to do if you want to do it but sounds like she’s ungrateful unappreciative and probably snobby very entitled person I would save your money and if anything maybe ask friends and family to all pitch in on throwing a shower together that way no single person is spending a lot of money

Tell her the truth, that you cannot afford it, and also that she wasn’t happy with her last shower, so she’s be better off with someone else. Maybe her in-laws might do it. And, if some else does it, you would be happy to help with the set up or mail the invitations.

Tell your sister to have her own shower, your sister did not appreciate the first hower. I find her bold and rude, she is putting a guilt trip on you. Tell her you do not have that kind of money.

Do not, issue do not hold a baby shower for for your sister. She should have her maid of honor do her bidding for her. She is a drama queen and apparently everyone knows it or her close friends would all be offering to do it.
Don’t let her bully you into her latest drama. What ever you do it will be wrong, don’t be a sucker!!!

tell her to throw her own baby shower. she’s only pregnant and still capable

I wouldn’t, I would tell her that since she didn’t line her wedding shower you don’t want the responsibility and also friends usually throw the shower not just one person. Or even the mom to be can. Especially if she wants it so bad.

It has been a lot of years, but when my friends and I were having our children, we only got one shower for the first baby. Baby #2 did not get a shower, nor #3 or #4 and so on. If the bridal shower did not include both sides of the family, there might be 2 showers, 1 on each side of family, but otherwise only 1 bridal shower. We knew we would have to save hand-me-downs from each baby

Hell no, girl. If your sister wants to be a brat, then she can handle all that on her own. It is not ANYONE’S job to host an occasion for another person. My spouse and I did everything on our own- bc expecting someone to spend all of their money and time was out of the question.

Just because shes your sister doesn’t mean you are obligated to do her baby shower. She needs to grow up and be independant & stop using you. She obviously did not appreciate your efforts with the bridal shower…so save yourself the headache and decline because you are not in a position to do one for her.

Ummm no she is not entitled to abuse you that way. Tell her you wouldn’t want to “ruin”another shower for her… you deserve peace not ungrateful poison coming your way!!

Tell your sister congratulations of becoming a mother ,but you will not be putting yourself into any debt for a baby shower.

She has friends and her husbands family that can do that for her … you are never obligated to throw someone a shower regardless of who they are to you.

1 Like

I wouldn’t have even gone to the wedding. I don’t go to anybody’s wedding. I’ve been asked to be in weddings and I always refused. I’ve been invited to weddings and I never go. I despise weddings and have absolutely no desire to celebrate someone else’s relationship when most of the time I think they’re going to fail anyway. Everybody seems to be getting married for all the wrong reasons these days and I have no desire to emotionally or financially invest in their decisions. If you want to throw a baby shower, do it. If you don’t want to throw a baby shower, don’t do it. But whatever you decide, mean it. You should spend more time being honest with yourself and less time acquiescing to others.

1 Like

Your not obligated to do anything if she wants a baby shower then let her organise it and pay for it , :smirk: the most important thing is who you have round you not what you have,

Tell your sister to take a hike. No one owes her anything at any point in her life. One of her friends can do it

1 Like

Let me get this straight: THREE years ago you hosted a shower for her.
She dictated the when - the where - who to invite and the menu etc & because you didn’t invite ONE person (the drama queen) she has the nerve to keep cutting you down on social media for all these years.
Now she wants you to throw her a baby shower? WHY???
She wasn’t happy with the last shower because you didn’t totally follow her instructions.
Let her throw the shower for herself & she can do everything exactly the way she wants it. (Or let the Drama Queen do it)
She’s a manipulative controlling brat and you owe her NOTHING!!!
Don’t let her guilt you into it.

I would say NOPE i have my own life to stress about than get ridiculed by your drama! Its YOUR life you need to keep happy not hers! Ungrateful people deserve nothing.

You don’t have to throw her a shower…but if she’s in need of one why don’t the one that causes all the family drama throw her one…

I wouldn’t do anything for her selfish life . She is a big girl and the sperm donor can get his family to do for her . Why you dump this on facebook . ??? Messed up family :rage:

U dont have to do anything u don’t want to do…end of discussion. And if you do want to give her a baby shower you throw the event how you want to and with her in mind…And if she doesn’tlike it she can do it herself. You are not obligated to do anything becauseu are her sister. And the shower is for the baby not for her​:rofl::rofl::rofl: its so the baby get everythingits will need and she dosen’thave to worry. Shes in for a rude awakening :rofl::rofl::rofl:

In my family a friend or niece will give baby showers g go or family so shower will be smaller. The husbands family will do shower for other side of family. We only serve cake and punch maybe chips and dip. There is no need for a big shower. Why can’t she have other people in family help with food and other things she wants at her shower?

Do what you heart says when you not frustrated at your sister! I have 2 girls very close do they fuss and say they are not going to do very things yes! Then they step back and think 99 percent of the time they change their minds! I just sit back and watch ! Smile!

You’re not obligated. Period! Especially if it’ll do more harm than good for you. Let her husband do it for her since she wants to keep drama up.

No. Tell her you don’t want to “ruin” her baby shower and hear about it for the rest of your niece/nephews life

1 Like

Let someone else plan it this time like a sister in law or best friend. Besides I remember when baby showers were only for the 1st baby. The 2nd we would buy gifts once the baby was born and we went to visit.

A sister is not obligated to throw a shower. And if she wishes to do so it should be the type of shower you want to throw and afford.

Another American thing, your sister can throw it herself. Having been so nasty about the first one why on earth would you want to do it again. Didn’t have them back in my day, didn’t miss out. Think it’s a greed thing cos you expect to receive gifts from those who come to it

You do not need to be bullied by anyone (and that’s what this is). You also do not have to participate in drama. Tell your sister to ask her best friend to host the party AND that you cannot afford to. Then (with a nice smile) tell her how much you are looking forward to it … hugs my dear <3

No! Tell her to do it herself! You don’t owe her anything! Thanks, but, no thanks!

You are setting yourself up for a whole new round of criticism and family drama if you do this shower. No one should demand a shower or party. lf you have a nice personality and people love you lots of people will offer. lf you are rude and demanding you need to order someone because no one else wants to. You are NOT doing her a favor by putting up with abuse. The sooner she learns to behave the better her life will be.

Compromise throw her a shower with a budget that you can afford. Let her know that anything over that will be on her or the babies father’s side.

That’s ridiculous! She should get her best friend to throw her a shower! You are NOT obligated to throw any showers. As far as her wedding shower it’s really up to the maid of honor. What that you?

Stick to your morals and don’t let het guilt you into doing something yiu don’t want to do. Her friends can give you a shower.

No! She could have her one friend you didn’t invite throw one. It doesn’t matter what you do, it’s never going to be good enough for her.

Oh, please. You need to get a life, hopefully one where you say, “I will rid myself of selfish, toxic drama queens no matter their past relationship. That goes for all genders. I think blood is physically thicker than water but that doesn’t mean you want to bathe in it.

I would tell that after the last drama she should throw her own baby shower you don’t have to do anything

Stick up for yourself! You are not obligated to throw her any type of shower!

Just day no. She can’t get any madder… what my mom always said she’ll get glad in the same pants so got mad in.

You are not obligated to do shit. Family dynamics are weird for me I comparison to other people. Like I can’t wrap my brain around it. I’d do anything for my sister but I’m also the “boss” of the family. We get over stuff quickly so even if drama arises it’s over pretty quick. My sister and I tried to fight 2 days before her wedding that I did everything for. With that said, if I told her no she would be mad and get the hell over it. I’m not obligated to do anything. I have my own life. We live by no expectations from people.

Less drama is best. Don’t do it, till she appreciate u and for watt u have done for her in the past.

You don’t pick who you were born to and what family you got stuck with. Just saying

No you don’t if she wants it someone offers .she can’t force anyone. Plus it’s her husband obligation if no one else can or willing. So she’s wrong you don’t have too and don’t feel bad.

3 years of life gone. So sad these things happen in families. So much of good life is missed holding grudges. Move on and forgive and life will be much better.

Bow out gracefully. You will never be appreciated by those people, no matter how above and beyond you go.

Nope. You don’t have to do anything just because your related. the self entitlement. Put your foot down and tell her to do her own parties and showers that she wants

She can put it on herself. Dont put up with her BS .Offer to help, make a cake, dips, or something, but let her do it.

Be honest. Tell her you’re still hurt from the last occasion and you can’t afford to put on another one. But you’ll be happy to attend.

Nope…I know people that get a shower from work. A shower from friends and a shower from family. You are under no obligation. It is not your duty. Let her do her own shower

Heck no! The only thing you need to throw is HER out of your house.

She’s playing you like a fiddle and manipulates you with guilt trips. Walk away.

No you do not have to. My best friend did mine and invited my sister.

I like Phoebe’s “go-to” answer…“Oh, I wish I could, but I don’t want to…”

I should hope that you learned your lesson the first time but it’s your decision.

Well it seems as if SHE planned her own shower last time and crucifies you because you did not follow the letter of the “law” (according to her) I would just very “sweetly” tell her to go ahead and plan this one but to use an event coordinator since she seems to think you did such a lousy job last time. And oh I would seriously consider NOT attending !!!

Absolutely not.its time to give her some of her own medicine.

Nope I would’ve settled that shit when she started it. No passive aggressive nonsense in my family. We mad we fight it out until it’s resolved. Sometimes with our words lol