Am I overreacting about my boyfriend not letting me drive his car?

I mean it’s not fair that he won’t let you drive his car but he’ll drive yours. Especially since you didn’t mention if you guys own them or are making payments, who pays the payments and insurance, etc. Like if you’re paying for any of that he has no right to tell you no honestly.But I’d let it go, but no longer allow him use of YOUR vehicle and don’t budge when he gets upset and just remind him about this incident. Stand your ground on the subject.

Nah this is bs. My dad when he first started dating my mom let her drive his nova and his z28. Taught her how to drive stick and lots of driving tricks.
He’s being a little princess.

Sounds like he’s a prick. Pricks are bad, mmkay?

Don’t let him drive your car.

I taughty my wife how to drive and she is allowed to drive whatever car she likes cause she’s a good driver. Unless you have a bad driving record I don’t think you are over reacting.

1 Like

Okay but are you a bad driver?

12 yrs 2 Kids not married and your not good enough to even drive his car. Boy bye lol

13 Likes

Well, it depends greatly how he treats his vehicle compared to how you treat yours.

My husband’s truck is immaculate. Spotless - inside and out. It is a couple/three years old and still looks and smells like new.

My vehicle, on the other hand, is a just a mode of transportation as far as I am concerned. And it is not immaculate. LOL…

My vehicle is only a year old and, but, sadly you wouldn’t know it. It is usually got junk and stuff in it, I think I am going to need or mean to bring into the house but don’t get around to until I really need whatever it is. I clean it out every so often.

So it depends……………………

4 Likes

Just refuse to let him touch anything of yours, including your body, ever again.

4 Likes

It should be about congratulating your kid and showing him how proud y’all are. Dad is being a bit of a douche and I wouldn’t be happy. It’s a car he needs to stop being a B!

2 Likes

Sounds like an important discussion later when you’re not so angry.

2 Likes

He’s TA!!! I would be mad about this. I wouldn’t let him drive my van. What a jerky thing to do.

there is always work. Only one fifth grade graduation…dad should do the math!

It’s prolly his own little something just for him. No trust lol

2 Likes

He would be handing over those keys!

3 Likes

NO :-1: its a special occasion and he better

3 Likes

Selfish person he is. I know you probably need the van for income.
Let him be sis​:two_hearts::two_hearts:

I’ve been with my husband for 7 years and don’t want him driving my brand new car. I’d consider making an exception for an occasion like this, but overall it’s within his right to not let you drive it.

5 Likes

Unbelievable! I have no words.

My husband isn’t allowed to drive my truck. His is newer yet mine is in better condition. :joy:

3 Likes

Take money from him and rent your own fancy car. Don’t give him your keys if he doesn’t know how to share :woman_shrugging:t5:.

4 Likes

Just take it, I wouldn’t ask mine for ‘permission’

2 Likes

Maybe you’re a terrible driver or you don’t look after things… without knowing the whole story we cannot make a judgement. I have a friend who has a 2 seat convertible and doesn’t let his wife drive it because he didn’t want it scratched or driven roughly without car

7 Likes

That’s selfish AF. I’d be pissed. It’s a special occasion for the kids. He is heartless if you ask me.

3 Likes

My mom doesn’t drive but if she did I don’t think my dad would let her take his convertible. I don’t let anyone drive my car other then my sister 1 time because she’s a Control freak and I didn’t know where we were going. It’s a personal preference to each individual and is completely understandable.

1 Like

Sounds like he has a girlfriend at work he doesn’t want seeing him in a minivan.

3 Likes

It’s a guy thing lol

2 Likes

l get paid over $155 per hour working from home. l never thought I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $17412 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

M0re Info. https://highincomejob32.pages.dev/

NO, you are not, he is being completely selfish!

1 Like

It belongs to him, not you.

1 Like

It belongs to him, not you.

1 Like

Does this car of his have a back seat? If not…he needs to get rid of it anyway bc no good can come of a man with kids having a car just to ride around and show off in. B. 12 years…2 kids…and not married is a BIG red flag. Date and live with someone however long want as a dating couple,but need to wait until marriage for kids. Dont let him use your van from now on and tell him straight up,if that car doesnt have a backseat ,then he needs to trade it in for one that does. He has kids and needs a car can help transport them in.

3 Likes

Some guys have a man cave, a garage, and, some cars. Let the man have his things! I have a very special car of mine that no one is allowed to drive but me. My fiance never let anyone drive his car until he met me and I’ve driven it a handful of times in the 4 years we’ve been together.

1 Like

Do you leave trash everywhere? Cause I do and I’m not allowed to drive my man’s rig because of it :rofl:

Definitely not overreacting that’s shady

3 Likes

12 years and he calls it “his car” that’s insane. After 12 years married or not there should be no his-hers; it should only be ours.
If for some reason I wanted/needed to drive my husbands car which is a mint condition 1985 Corvette and was a gift for a very special occasion from his father all I would have to say is “babe I need to drive the Corvette on____” he’d say “okay, babe”.
No you’re not overreacting.

10 Likes

Rent one and charge it to him since you share the child

2 Likes

Nah that’s not okay.

1 Like

No, you are not overreacting, he is underreacting!

2 Likes

In some states, they classify y’all as being married, since being with him for that long. A friend of mine told me that, so correct me if I’m wrong. That doesn’t mean you are entitled to his belongings. He probably thinks you’re a bad driver LOL idk​:joy::woman_shrugging:t2:

Depends on ur driving record

2 Likes

I would throw a complete fit and that car would be in my warpath. He’s such a baby.

2 Likes

Is his insurance including if other people are driving his car? Well sounds like this has been a boundary he has had for a long time… Why would he change that now… Guys and their toys right… like some men not letting others touch their tools… sounds like a dumb boy thing… dont get me wrong its dumb but it is what it is right… we all have boundaries…

1 Like

That’s absurd., Fair is fair! My first thought was he’s got lil hoochie Mama’s that identify him with that car and don’t want you driving it and them knowing he’s taken.

4 Likes

Have him explain to y’all’s daughter why you can’t take the convertible and then absolutely refuse to let him drive yours till you can drive his.

10 Likes

Men are pretty attached to their vehicles. I’m sure he doesn’t intend to be offensive, he just doesn’t want anything to happen to it.

1 Like

Are you a bad driver? Its a serious question. If he doesnt trust you to drive his car there must be a reason…is it super expensive? Are you not on the insurance for it? Is it his dream car? I wouldnt be mad, just disappointed he didnt trust me enough to drive “his baby” lol. Im a very good driver though and never had this issue before.

1 Like

I would be livid but I’d be more upset he won’t take the time off to do this for his daughter

2 Likes

12 years together and still your boyfriend?

3 Likes

Lmao idk, if my SO was a terrible driver I wouldn’t want them to drive my new car either. I’m not saying that OP is, but maybe that’s the reason :woman_shrugging:t5:

He’s not being selfish he probably thinks that his car is too fast for you to drive and don’t want to wreak and kill yourself and your all’s child. Have some common sense.

5 Likes

Is he afraid of your driving for some reason? Do you get lots of speeding tickets or other tickets?

1 Like

Why is he still your boyfriend

2 Likes

WTF?? What is HIS problem ??? He won’t do this for his child ??? How selfish and immature is he?? I would now TELL him you’re trading cars and to suck it up buttercup. Is he afraid that his coworkers will laugh at the van?? Boo hoo

No you’re not over reacting I’d be mad to My husband and I drive each other’s vehicles

No I don’t think your over reacting. Just lift the keys one day , say nothing and take his car

1 Like

Unless you get into a lot of car accidents. I could see him being worried. But if you are a good driver. You should be sharing both vehicles

2 Likes

What does his insurance say? Maybe your not rated high enough to drive it under his insurance, but it’s new so it’s not abnormal for people to be funny over new cars.

2 Likes

Go rent a convertible on his dime since he won’t let u use his😝

7 Likes

Tell him to drive u guys how rude

Whats mine is yours, it is only a possession , he has a problem.

MY bf bought me a 2010 Terrain SLT, 159k miles…$5k pl/pd Ins. I had to pay out of MY pocket $2k to [replace] battery, fuel pump, rocker panels x4, resonator that attaches to muffler, wiring harness, Tire Sensor Monitors x4, wiper blades x3 and floor mats x4, tune up and oil change, interior cleaning, brakes and rotors x4. Same day he bought himself a 2021 Challenger, 40k miles, loaded with stock goodies and a few after mkt. ones. $45k full coverage Ins. We are going on 12 years together. He adamantly told me I will NEVER drive HIS car. I told him he will NEVER sit in MY car! We have discussed it since. 2 years ago.

2 Likes

Very selfish of him

4 Likes

deoends on a few things like how’s your driving record, did he sacrifice a fair bit to have the car, does he let anyone else drive the car, How expensive is the car
If it was an expensive car there no way I’d be driving it to a parade where a lot of people and kids would be there to scratch or dent the panels.

5 Likes

deoends on a few things like how’s your driving record, did he sacrifice a fair bit to have the car, does he let anyone else drive the car, How expensive is the car
If it was an expensive car there no way I’d be driving it to a parade where a lot of people and kids would be there to scratch or dent the panels.

1 Like

Those car parades are notorious for accidents unfortunately. But I don’t know what to make of him not letting you drive his car. I don’t like driving anyones car but my own unless absolutely necessary

First question is why have you been with him 12 years and no ring

2 Likes

BOYFRIEND? 12 years? He won’t let you drive his car? DONT YOU DARE LET HIM DRIVE YOUR MINIVAN EVER AGAIN!!!

8 Likes

I think your son should ask him

No, you’re not wrong; for his son to be deprived of it doesn’t put his dad in a very good light! Sure don’t blame you for being angry!!

3 Likes

Nope he needs to compromise for his child

2 Likes

Stop letting him drive your car then and I do not blame you for being mad, he sounds selfish

5 Likes

Call the rental agencies and see if you can find a suitable car. If he won’t relent, he can pay for a replacement. Pick your battles.

4 Likes

Poor thing doesn’t want to be seen in a minivan lol

4 Likes

12yrs, and you share children?!? And he is worried about you driving a car?!?
NOPE! No thank you! That must be so hurtful…

7 Likes

The first problem I see is that you’ve been together 12 years and still aren’t married! He’s living like he’s single with his little convertible while you are taking care of the kids and home.

10 Likes

No your not wrong, I’d be pretty upset especially since it’s for y’all’s son…

2 Likes

You’re not wrong to be mad. If it’s OK for him to drive your car then it should be OK for you to drive his car.

4 Likes

Oh hell no. I’d be mad af.

3 Likes

I say you cheat on his b*tch a"s.

6 Likes

Some men are just like that about their vehicles :woman_shrugging:t2: personally, I don’t see the big deal and I’ve told my boyfriend multiple times when he finally gets his truck I don’t want any parts of driving it because with my luck the first time I drive it, something will go terribly wrong and I don’t want to be the reason his truck is broken :joy:

1 Like

He saved up and brought the car. You don’t need to be touching it. They say…
If it’s insured in both you’re names just take it. You’ve been together years

If that’s the reason He can stop working for awhile and He can drive you’re son.

Mennn act so entitled bet the convertible ain’t even worth 20k

1 Like

You’re not being to sensitive !Share and share alike !

Just get a rental for the day and let him pay for it.

4 Likes

It is his car! You’re mini van is a family vehicle. His convertible is his pride and joy. No he’s not wrong at all. Leave the man and his car alone. Do women seriously b*tch about everything these days ?

7 Likes

Your not hun.
He’s being selfish!!! I mean its for his kid !!! What a :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I like what someone said rent a car and have hi. Pay … he’s being so selfish. It’s not like your going joy ridding it’s for HIS kid

5 Likes

Well I personally don’t have an opinion on this together for 12 years with 2 kids and no ring. If they are happy ehy fix something that isn’t broken. I’ve been with my boyfriend/now fiancé for 5 years and there is no wedding in date in sight. Hell I could die before that happens. Most marriages end in divorce any how. I’ve never drove my fiancé car well I own it also and I don’t plan to. Our car will be an antique next year he’s gonna take it to car shows. Congrats on the 5th grade graduation but it isn’t high school lol

3 Likes

not really!!! guess you know what you need to say next time he wants to use yours.

2 Likes

This is gonna get probably a little bit of hate, but coming from a girl that loves cars, yes you are. Cars can be a passion, and a lot of work is put into them. Whether you think it’s just replacing broken pieces, it’s not, it’s about creating something you’re proud of (that’s quite expensive) even if in the end, it’s ends up not being worth crazy money after all the work done, it’s worth so much more to the person that owns the car, because they put hours and blood sweat and tears (literally) into this car. Now parades can be sketchy, accidents happen, not saying it would happen but it could. And losing that car could mean a great deal to him. So honestly I don’t think you should be offended. You should just understand his POV. Your car is the family vehicle, his car is his. If you want your minivan to yourself, by all means make that clear, but I believe that this situation has anything personal going on. He has nothing against you or his children, he just doesn’t want something bad to happen when he’s not there. I let my ex drive my 2000 mustang to work ONCE, I get a call 15 minutes after he leaves, he crashes my car in a ditch on the side of the road… shit happens and you can’t always control it.

I’d be trading that mini van in on my own convertible.

4 Likes

I would have already taken it for a spin

1 Like

Nope. Not overreacting. That’s a selfish, dick move on his part.

That’s selfish on his part! No you’re not overreacting.

6 Likes

Your definitely not overreacting. If he drives your van and he doesn’t let you drive his car that’s definitely a red flag right there

2 Likes

Honestly I would be mad because he couldn’t do the one thing for his child is a low blow! But I would tell him fine I will rent one for the day and you can help pay for it! Boys and there toys I mean cars :roll_eyes::woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

Yes. Just cuz you let him take your car doenst mean he has to let you or anyone else drive his

You’ve been together 12 yrs so I’m assuming you live together. Bitch that car is 1/2 yours. Take the dame car and drive your son

I don’t care for anyone driving my car either and it’s not a convertible :woman_shrugging:t4:

You have been together 12 years shouldn’t it be your car too,just saying,

3 Likes

Not as long as he drives your car , you should be able to switch