Am I overreacting?

Please do not video chat me with that scene!!
I would end up pouring some Whiskey myself!
Too much information.

3 Likes

I’m so confused by this post

2 Likes

? Lmao I can’t tell if this is meant to be serious or not ?

2 Likes

You drove him to drink, girl!

3 Likes

Maybe you should have asked him to shave ur lady bits.

Sometimes its better a man sips instead of saying anything. Sometimes I say stupid stuff and I realize it’s stupid by the way my man sips on his beer. Man, I’m grateful he sips instead of telling me what he’s really thinking. You can’t expect anyone to react the same way as you.

1 Like

Well now that I’ve read this I need a drink too. :rofl:

10 Likes

Okay seriously, aside from say “I’m sorry, I still love you” what was he really supposed to do? He can’t fix it, only time can. We as women want men to “feel” like we do or become emotional when we are and frankly, most can’t. I’ve learned in my current relationship, after all of my children are grown and on their own, that if men can’t “fix it” they sometimes don’t know how to react.

Give him some grace and try getting a wax next time.

5 Likes

Was he supposed to bring band aids? I mean, WTF🤷🏼‍♀️

10 Likes

Bestie (Rebecca), read these comments after work.:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Not even sure why I read this because I don’t ever, but since I did… My advice to you is this. Turn your TV on to the news and learn what’s going on in the world if you don’t know already. Do you know how many people there are right now who would love for their only problem to be that they didn’t manicure their “lawn” perfectly? And/or their BF didn’t take it seriously? I’m sorry but my fuse is just a little bit short right now because of all the suffering of little children and good people and then having to hear about frivolous, no-nonsense, complaining from needy people. We need God more than ever!! #tryingsohardtobelikejesus

8 Likes

And what is he supposed to do or say ? :joy:

2 Likes

Got me at murder scene :joy:

So because he didn’t comfort you over a bad pube cut you think he doesn’t love you? Grow tf up lady. What did you want him to say? And yes you’re over reacting!!

Because that’s what all his friends were drinking while they were playing cards lol

First of all - “lady garden”?! How old are you???
And yes, you’re overreacting. You nicked yourself shaving. You’re clearly not very old. Welcome to the adult world, kiddo. Shaving nicks are not attn worthy.

9 Likes

Ask him if he would like you to trim his balls….is what I would have said bc the only reason I would call my bf to tell him I cut my vajaja off trimming was bc I was laughing at how dumb I am. That’s about it

Ouch!!! That is all…

Are you ragging cause that’s what it sounds like An 18 year old ragging.

Maybe you need a shot also?

2 Likes

This is one of those wtf posts that confuse me so badly :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Is nothing sacred anymore

1 Like

Calm down, girl. You’re over reacting on this one. :heart:

We all have bad days where we over react. And I am sorry, but over reacting is an understatement right now

Short answer probably

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am I overreacting? - Mamas Uncut

Not up to her to offer up your kids toys to other kids. Family or not.

7 Likes

Not at all. His toys are for him unless he chooses to share. I tell my son he can’t play with a toy in front of other kids unless he will share. So his super special or real expensive toys stay put up until their gone.

8 Likes

This has bad news written all over it.

13 Likes

Ur not wrong but honestly I wouldn’t even live there :woman_shrugging:t2:

6 Likes

You should be humbled by the offer of letting you stay in their home. Quite frankly you’re lucky to have not only a room for yourself but another one for your kid as well. Most ppl in tough situations get couches. Be thankful.

29 Likes

If you haven’t moved in, please don’t! For the sake of your marriage and your relationship with your in-laws, you need your own space.

11 Likes

I wouldn’t move with them, sounds like you all are going end up not liking each other.

9 Likes

You have a right to keep toys nice and together

You claim 2 rooms as soon as you come in their home. No its not wrong to protect your belongings however if the “toys” are that pricey then you may wanna look at that. That could be part of the reason you have to live with in laws instead of on your own.
Either way…i wouod not move in or if i did,share a room with my child to ensure those “expensive toys” dont fall into the wrong hands since that seems to be important.

25 Likes

It is okay so say no. Kids aren’t entitled to have things plus others things.

4 Likes

You are not wrong! I honestly wouldn’t live there tho

3 Likes

Living with people who can’t agree on the arrangements is always bad news. My best advice is to not live there.

5 Likes

Some important items that are
treasured & want to keep safe,
well you have every right to put
them out of others reach. Enough
said, just put those things up high
and away out of others sight.

1 Like

Prices of most toys nowadays hell nah . Don’t even want my kid who I bought them for playing with them.

8 Likes

Ask her if she’s going to replace what’s broken lol…nope put up what’s extra expensive or special. Electronic toys are outrageously expensive and she is welcome to let them bring their own things over too.

6 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with putting the pricey stuff up
As an adult he won’t share everything anyway
Now is a good time to teach the difference

5 Likes

Your not even living there and she’s already telling you what to do! Sorry but this will only continue to get worse if you don’t say no now.

6 Likes

You want privacy? Figure it out on your own. She’s better than me because you aren’t even there yet and you’re bitching. I’d never let you stay. :woman_shrugging:

Sounds like you just need to stay in your own house. You can’t tell nobody else would they have a right to do and their house when you’re living under their roof. The pricey toys are probably the reason why the bills fell behind.

12 Likes

It’s HIS. I don’t force my kids to share THEIR belongings :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Why even think of living there???

1 Like

You should stop spending money on quality toys and get your own house instead.

18 Likes

This is not going to work out, you should not even move in…it will not be good…

3 Likes

Unless its an absolute must, it sounds like you are better off not staying at the in laws house. If you do, put the “pricey” things of your childs in the closet of your room maybe?

2 Likes

Sounds like she’s a bit of a control freak.

3 Likes

As an only, I wasn’t forced to share toys and I am not selfish at all. So, her assumptions are based on ignorance, not fact. I have 4 and never make them share their special toys. If this is already a problem, don’t move in.

2 Likes

U seem to care more about appearance then taking that money u spend on pricey toys and put it on ur bills. And yes it’s her house her rules if u don’t like them don’t move in. U seen very selfish and trying to have a champagne life on a beer salary

19 Likes

Sounds like you shouldn’t even move in, what you say goes with your child, but at the same time, what she says goes with her house.

Seems like you two will do nothing but Clash

9 Likes

Let this be your first red flag :triangular_flag_on_post:

7 Likes

Not everything has to be shared. :speak_no_evil:

Grandma likes to run her house a certain way. When her other grandchildren come, all the toys there are for all of them.
She doesn’t want to be telling them they can’t play with certain toys because they belong to your child. Is that second room a space where the other grandchildren like to stay in and play?
If so … Dont put anything in there you don’t want them playing with. Keep those in your room.
She offered you one room, you decided on two. She told you why she didn’t like that idea, and you have a problem with it. It really doesn’t matter if you are right or wrong… It’s her house and it should be set up the way she wants it set up. So share the room with your child and let him continue to play in the guest room with his cousins.

15 Likes

I don’t make my kids share in their own home. If someone comes over and wants to play my kids decide what is played with or shared. It’s their home. Susie Q isn’t rolling up in here demanding I share my clothes and shoes (my prized possessions) so I won’t expect my kids to do it either.

2 Likes

If you’re already arguing……this ain’t gonna be good.

5 Likes

This will end in disaster, I get putting up certain pricey toys that your son has. My sons cousins are allowed to ask my son to play on his things, but the moment they are rough or do anything in anger it’s immediately taken away by me.

She’s gonna give you a hard time the whole time you are there.

5 Likes

Since your staying In there house it’s there rules, I would just box up the pricey toys you don’t want others to play with until you find your own place.

7 Likes

Nope. Even adults put away things they don’t want to share. Even my husband isn’t allowed to touch my lime Skittles. It’s totally reasonable to put away somethings. Some playdates i let every thing stay out, some playdates i hide more than usual because of destructive kids, it’s not up to other people to decide.

7 Likes

Pricey toys I would keep them packed if ur not planning on staying for long or letting anyone else touch.

Keep a toy or 2 (his belongings like a toy he sleeps with in his bed which is his an he doesn’t need to share. (My kids always have a certain toy, blanket etc that is theirs only an don’t need to share it).

Then I would only leave out very few toys “to share, still so ur child can play as well as toys u don’t mind others to play with” every child should learn to share certain things as it’s a big part of them learning to play. But u don’t need a lot.
Or bring out a certain toy box for ur room only when no one is there an pack back away.

1 Like

I have a stepdaughter who is 3 years old that destroys absolutely everything. I keep my daughter’s toys in her room that I don’t want my stepdaughter to mess with. And that’s okay because my kids deserve nice things. Just like for my 6-year-old son how I lock up his room when he’s not home that way the girls can’t mess around with his stuff because that’s his safe spot. He has arts and crafts in there as well as games that hook up to the TV. I have toys out in the living room that is fair game for everyone to play with and even my stepdaughter has toys in her room that my kids don’t really mess around with

Yea- No just because your staying there doesn’t mean your & your children’s things are free game. This is going to get bad my dear. You guys aren’t even living there yet & she’s telling you what is going to happen with your own possessions. That’s a big NOPE!

6 Likes

Do not move in with her , speaking from experience. I would live in a tent before I made that mistake again.

5 Likes

Idk what kind of toys are the ones you’re putting up? I’m just wondering what items could be so easily broken? Like a tablet or something? Are the other children young and not old enough to understand to be easy with them? Or are they your child’s age? If they’re old enough to be responsible why not teach them to be careful. It could be a special treat for them to ply with them. But if they’re little and you’re afraid they’ll throw them around or mishandle them that’s your choice. I mean rather say it’s your choice but I’m just trying to figure out if it’s really Necessary or not lol

1 Like

me and my husband have the same fight. when our family comes over i put certain things up that i don’t want broken, torn, or anything like that. put out what you feel comfortable other kids playing with. your child is not required to share every little thing they own. we as adults don’t. just bc they are kids doesn’t mean they can’t have the same privilege to hold something valuable.

1 Like

Teaching a child to share his toys is a great lesson and build teamwork skills communication skills and put out the toys that you aren’t that concerned about and if you are put them up buy some dollar store Toy so you don’t care if it gets broken up and throw them away

1 Like

You might just end up being the favorite aunt if you have a box of inexpensive cheap toys another voice other kids come over occasionally not every time to get to pick something out of box to play with while they’re there

Sooo here’s my input

I have a 5 year old. When my brother brings his destructive 10 year old I only put away my son’s absolute favourite things. Which isn’t much and none of them should even interest a 10 year old. The issue is the 10 year old breaks my son’s things just to upset him.

However, I don’t agree with hiding toys because you want them to look nice. They are made for kids. It’s kind of gross you’d want to deprive your family of playing together because you bought toys you don’t want played with. Stop buying stuff you won’t let children be children with.

4 Likes

You shouldn’t move in

6 Likes

The daughter in law didn’t ask to stay there and she definitely shouldn’t. Sounds like the mother in law will be controlling that would be a hard pass for me

5 Likes

I agree with the in laws.it is their house.she wants all of her grandkids to feel comfortable in her home. Not like one is more special then the others and you cannot touch his things . You shouldn’t treat their home as if it is your own because it isn’t. Get your own place as quick as you can,but in the meantime be humble

16 Likes

If you are living in their home, unfortunately you will be living by their rules. It is very generous that they are letting you stay. Can you leave some things in storage that you do not want to share? I’m empathize with your hardship.

3 Likes

If you move with her in her home you need to fallow HER rules. But if I was you I would not move with her. Only only and only if you homeless and with absolutely nowhere to go.

3 Likes

Maybe share a room with your child or keep the pricey toys in your room

2 Likes

I would tell them like this “my son has already lost everything. He has a few nice things left we don’t want him to lose as well by them being destroyed or torn up. However if it’s better for you guys I can put his nice items in our room to not make it seem like my son is being selfish.” Sometimes they just need to see it through the eyes of the child, and maybe that will help

5 Likes

I was put off immediately by you saying that they (in-laws, not even your own parents) offered to HELP you out by offering you a place to stay while you caught up on other things financially and you go in and say “I WANT MY SON TO HAVE HIS OWN ROOM”. Ummm, that coupled with no, his cousins can’t touch his things either comes off SUUUUUPER entitled and honestly if I were them I’d be yanking that offer right off the table.

15 Likes

I think it’s such a wild idea that kids have to share everything. Some things sure, but even as an adult there is some shit I don’t want to share lol.

I’m still traumatized from kids wrecking my toys in daycare now i refuse to share even with my kid lol

2 Likes

Don’t take things you don’t want destroyed. Problem solved.

3 Likes

Your child is only going to be old enough to play with toys for a short while. Toys are meant to be loved and worn and played with.
You’re being ridiculous.

8 Likes

If they’re breaking the toys purposely it’s one thing. My youngest is 4 and will rip things apart so she’s not allowed in the older two girls rooms by herself because of it. They’re 7 and 9 and want their stuff to stay nice. So I support that.

But we don’t hoard or hide toys so others can’t play with them. If it’s their favorite toy we don’t make them share it but we also don’t allow the “this is mine don’t touch anything” mentality. You’re walking a fine line here. And this is something you have to figure out. You need to teach your child not to be selfish but still to share when necessary. Special toys put up, but toys are meant to be played with too. And is it really that fun for your kid to always play with them all alone?

2 Likes

No. I don’t think that’s crazy at all. I see people saying they are generous and nice to let you stay. Yes that’s definitely true but that doesn’t give them freedom to do whatever they want with your things. I mean realistically… it would be the same thing if she said your stuff should be able to be used by her guests lol …Noone would agree with that but because you said kid toys…ppl are saying it. So no. Ur not crazy. It’s her house yes. And she decided to open it to you. It’s your toys and it’s up to you if you want them to available to anyone.

3 Likes

Does she let everyone in her home touch everything of hers?
Like, good china? Jewelry? Clothes? No? Then she is being a hyporcrite.
If there’s things you want put up, pack it up in storage so it’s not touched or put it in your room.
Not every toy is for everybody and the other kids need to learn that lesson.
I let my daughter play with some of my clothes and make-up. My pricey clothes and make-up is put up, away from her. By your moms logic, she should have access to all my stuff.
Not happening.
Personally, if you can live anywhere else, do that. I forsee issues.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t let my child play with expensive items in front of the other kids because that’s not fair but just regular toys would have to be shared.

I think if you want things your way, you should live on your own and not be seeking help. I wouldn’t even ask again after she made a point of it being for everyone. & obviously it seems like you’re picky about your kids things (so am I. But I won’t push it on anyone else’s household). So I think you should just allow your kid to room with you and don’t press the issue.
The issue isn’t about you having a preference about your kids items. It’s how you’ll behave when things don’t go exactly as you foresee them going… kinda like you already being upset at even the thought of stuff getting broken/ruined, etc. so yeah— I don’t blame the in laws.

2 Likes

Follow their household rules yes, but if there are things you want to make sure they are taken care of, I would pack them away in a closet in your room. Yes it’s your in laws house but they don’t control how your child is raised and what other children play with, but it honestly sounds like a disaster waiting to happen, what does your husband say?

2 Likes

Sounds like to me you need to find a different place to live because it’s not going to work out it’s already starting to be an issue it’s only going to get worse.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t stay there unless you really have to cause things won’t go well.

6 Likes

Get your own place…problem solved

6 Likes

Always teach your kids to share ! Imagine if it was the other way around, I really think you should find your own place to live because I think it’s just problems waiting to happen

6 Likes

This is ridiculous, does she share everything? If she has an expensive piece of jewelry will she allow you to use it when you want and how you want? What if you want to use her expensive necklace to snake a drain? Is that okay? No.
We are all entitled to have items that we do not want others to touch or use. As long as there are other toys the other kids can also play with, I don’t see the big deal.

10 Likes

Then move into your own damn house and give your child their own room.

I get the whole, their house, their rules. But they should also respect that their grandson has some valuable things, and the parent doesn’t want them to be messed with. But the child also does have other toys that are play toys for everyone to play with. I think that should be respected. Just like the grandparents probably don’t want the kids playing with their valuables, but in sure they’ve got community stuff they can play with. Doesn’t matter whose house it is. If the kid has valuable items, their parents doesn’t want to be touched, than that should be respected. Common sense.

3 Likes

If you started off with all these demand while I tried to help you you would just have to stay elsewhere

5 Likes

I can’t believe I’m seeing so many ppl say “it’s your in laws house” “follow their rules”

That’s ridiculous!!

If I had to move into my inlaws home, I’d put up the things I’ve paid alot of money for also, & I’d save it for my child. Pack it up, throw it in a closet, get a storage unit, ect. But don’t listen to your in laws. Or just don’t take things you don’t want missing/destroyed.

9 Likes

Don’t even move in. You have a right to put some of his toys up and ultimately it is her house. Figure out a different plan. Seriously, this will not end well. One or both of y’all will end of resenting the other.

1 Like

Put the stuff away!!! Don’t listen to anyone!!! Do what you need to do!!!

3 Likes