Am i selfish for not wanting to pawn or sell my switch?

So … you guys have a car and a Switch. You can’t afford either and the kids are going without to keep both. Sell both. Kids come first. You all can take public transportation. Neither of those items are more important than what your kids actually need.

13 Likes

Keep your stuff…sell his

2 Likes

Don’t need to sell anything…get rid of boyfriend.

7 Likes

First at all, How old are you?

10 Likes

Sell the Xbox? If you don’t use it

1 Like

I would just sell his stuff. It’s his car. If can’t afford one, then shouldn’t of got a car. Their’s other ways, don’t need a car. I would just give him the choice. I would say get a better job or another Job. Or sell the car. What if sold the switch. Then what’s going happen with the next payments? Needs to come up with a better plan. Or if he don’t want to make changes then get rid of him. Or else not going really get anywhere with him.

1 Like

Helllllll no tell him to sell his things for his car

You need a car or a switch ? It’s not rocket science .

You are about to have a baby you won’t have much switch time but will need a car .

5 Likes

Since you have the car get a job with Instacart, door dash , shipt or Uber eats super easy and can make that extra money you need that day

1 Like

Girl this is a mess ! He should be hustling to get right on his payments. He should be picking up the slack. I mean you can pawn it but its not gonna be enough so i would say no !

1 Like

I know if my ex (we still live together) ever needed my help I would help him because he’s helped me so much. If this is consistent then you need 5o move on. However if your going to stay and since you all need the car you need to help out anyway you can. Just because I live with my ex doesn’t mean I live for free.

2 Likes

You are not selfish. Do not sell your belongings so you’re boyfriend can have a car and you’ll be left without. It’s his car and if he ever leaves, you better believe he’s taking that car and not saying thank you for selling your things so he has wheels. He should get a better job or a second job so he actually gets a paycheck. You should apply for state insurance so you have coverage when your baby is born. The game isn’t going to bring you a lot of cash. You’ll have to sell other things too to make enough. The dude doesn’t seem to be adding much to life but stress.

He can go fuck himself and sell his own shit. Don’t sell your things to pay for his things. You’re not selfish.

First off they have to take what ever payment you have to give them. If it’s buy here pay here they can still repo it though. Next, sell the damn switch and buy your baby some clothes. Sell your old baby clothes to a second hand store and make some money off of it.

1 Like

Your kid is going without and you bought a $500 game thing for yourself? :grimacing:

8 Likes

Umm I wouldn’t sell something of mine that I enjoy Bc he’s not responsible. You may end up having to if you want a car though

He needs to get it right and get a steady job. He got the car he should sell his stuff not yours. Kids come first and he needs to see that yet he took what they need for the car instead of manning up and getting a steady job instead of bouncing around. You are not selfish. You need something to unwind if you sell it sell it cause you wanted to sell it and if you do; you could get the kids what they need not for his needs. He is supposed to take care of you to, not just you taking care of him and saving him all the time. I hope you get it figured out.

Poor baby stuck in the middle of these two for parents who can’t put his interest and care first.

5 Likes

Why does this sound like something off teen mom? Being a parent, and in a relationship with the father, I’d get rid of anything extra for $ to help out my partner… if he benefits the baby down the road.:woman_shrugging:t3:

5 Likes

Whats more beneficial to your baby? Having a car to get the baby to appointments or a switch? Also would talk to your SO about being steady at a job to provide for the baby.

7 Likes

I would break up with him! He is a drag and you deserve so much more. Don’t lower your standards and sounds like he might be using you & doesn’t care about you.

2 Likes

Throw the whole man out. Why are you having multiple children with a man that can’t even keep a car paid? Tell him to figure it out, sell the car and go get something without payments, get a better job, get a second job, there are options. But in the mean time you need to be taking care of your kids and yourself not worrying about his misfortune and bad life planning. Both of you need to do better you have kids!!!

Sounds like he needs to quit being a child and actually do his part. There is no reason he has to job hop especially when everyone needs help rn. He either is a shit worker or can’t commit. Both which he needs to learn to suck it up and deal with it. Because bills don’t quit coming

2 Likes

Idk, I probably wouldn’t have bought a $300+ game if my child needed clothes….
No I don’t think you should pawn it for his car, but if you use it like you said….what’s the problem in helping him some?
Talk to him about finding a steady job

I would sell it, but my man would never ask such a thing. He’d sell his stuff or find more work.

You throw that whole ass man child in the trash. He is the one choosing to not keep jobs and continue to be irresponsible while expecting you to keep paying for his continuous fuck ups. No ma’am. You don’t need to be our here selling your shit just bc he can’t get his shit together. Best advice? Leave him and go do better on your own

3 Likes

Sounds like he is a loser. Why keep having kids with someone who is irresponsible? Dump his ass and get yourself right.

4 Likes

So if I read right, your playing house together with a 7month old and are pregnant again, you have multiple game systems and one vehicle with two working “adults” and your asking if we think you’re selfish because you value your you time with a game system over literally the only vehicle you both have…
I honestly am just speechless…

12 Likes

I think you need a new boyfriend

1 Like

Maybe stop having babies with a boyfriend who job hops, would be my first step.

3 Likes

Sell the car sell the switch buy stuff for your kid

4 Likes

Key word “boyfriend”…… not husband…. Stop sleeping with random people who won’t commit !

5 Likes

Grow up the both of you!

If he can’t afford his car and can’t keep a job or stay in a job and commit don’t get a car loan simple!
& your right you shouldn’t have to sell your stuff to pay for anyone’s stuff but your attention shouldn’t be on gaming it should be on your 7 month old. Between housework, mothering a 7 mth old and by the sounds you work where do you have time to play a switch?

I think you both need to re look into your responsibilities and what’s more important looking after your kids needs and setting them up for a good future with a steady job or gaming and jumping job to job

It’s your life but you sound like you setting yourselves up to have financial issues later

4 Likes

I would leave him. He isnt changing and won’t especially with a baby on the way. That situation would make me nervous. I’d sell my stuff for my CHILD…not a boyfriend who can’t be responsible

1 Like

I’d say you need a real man and not a damn man child bum! I lived that life before and let me tell you I’m so glad I got divorced and learned my value! He needs to get a job and help you. $ 103 is not going to help with anything especially with kids. I’d dump him in a heartbeat

2 Likes

I’d say “Why the heck are you with such a loser? Also, I’d say sell all gaming systems
If you owe your Dr. and your pregnant again. So stop having kids, save for your own car and get your life straightened out.”

3 Likes

First thing is to learn about birth control… ridiculous.

Are you on assistance? Medicaid, good stamps, etc? If not then that might help

The responses to this are the reason I won’t talk to anyone about being a mom. Everyone’s a judgemental, know better F*ck.

7 Likes

Don’t sell it it’s yours you don’t need to sell your stuff for his car . He can sell his own stuff . He should stop bouncing from job to job .

Ok so a lot of people are saying sell it for the car payment, greater good and all that. But what about next month when the bill is due? What is she going to have to sell then? Her selling the switch is not a long term solution for him not being able to hold down a job. Its not that she values the games over the car, its the fact that its not a real solution and it takes away what seems to be her only outlet for herself. Ffs.

9 Likes

You both sound like winners :heart:

2 Likes

He sounds like you’d be better off without him.

2 Likes

You do what needs to be done to feed and clothe your child. If that means selling stuff for money, then you do that. And tell you bf to get a steady job, or he’s gone too

2 Likes

He can always get a title loan, I did many times.

You didn’t pay towards his car, if you’re using it too then ya you should be helping. And a switch is not a necessity. I don’t know but it sounds like both of you need some work

5 Likes

Sell the switch and use the money to leave your deadbeat man-child bf. Stay single for awhile and focus one yourself and your child and getting back on your feet and out of debt.

4 Likes

That’s a hard situation but no your not a selfish person! It’s not your responsibility. He needs to grow up and take ownership of his own life

1 Like

Nope don’t sell your stuff, tell him to sell his own stuff and get a job and stick to it or gtfo

1 Like

I don’t know my kids 40 39 25 grandson 21 all have job the two oldest work three jobs and do it to pay there bills and then they have money to buy whatever they want. If he wants to be in your family he has to contribute help make life easier not harder.

Is this a serious question??? Both of you need to grow the hell up especially if you’re bringing a child into the situation. BOTH of you need to take all of your valuable possessions & sell them so you can prepare to bring your child into a safe & stable home & provide your child with everything it needs instead of worrying about a stupid gaming system. Sounds like you & your bf are way to immature to bring a child into the situation if you can’t part with materialistic things to support your child.

8 Likes

It sounds like you both need to grow up. He needs to find a stable job, you need to think about your kids vs materialistic items like game stations. That car is apparently both of yours transportation. What would you do if your 7month got sick and needed to get the doctor or worse what if something happend in that last stretch of your pregnancy and you need to go to the hospital yourself? How exactly do you expect him to get around for a stable job if he doesn’t have transportation? I’m sure there’s a compromise somewhere in the middle I hope yall can reach. Bottom line is you both really need to grow up and do what is necessary to keep the car and provide for your kids.

8 Likes

His car his responsibility, you’ve already helped, you are not obliged to do any more. Sounds like he’s a big spoilt kid, and is used to getting what he wants with no effort. It’s time he grew up

1 Like

Don’t let him take your only title bit of fun away he is a very selfish man

Move out…call your mom

4 Likes

Nope. He’s using you. Keep all your stuff and dump the leach.

5 Likes

I honestly think you’re better off without him. He depends on you too damn much. I’m assuming you had to quit your job because of your pregnancy. You need to sell your gaming system and use that money for your baby. He needs to grow some balls and find a stable job.
If you end up deciding to stay with him you need to find a way to make some money so you’re not 100% depending on him that way you can leave if he doesn’t get his sh*t together… just my honest opinion.

Don’t do it it’s urs

This is sad, neither one of you sound mature enough to bring a child into this world

4 Likes

Don’t let anybody sell your stuff get away from that loser

1 Like

You need to go home to your parents.

Don’t sell it. You aren’t even married and he’s showing you he’s not responsible and thinks you should pay and pawn or do whatever to support him. Do you really want this to be how you live? He needs an ultimatum.

1 Like

He’ll no don’t sell your stuff it’s his responsibility to pay for his bills not you

1 Like

I would sell him :sweat_smile: Don’t sell your things to support him. He should be an adult and find a job that is more stable or budget with he’s money better. Why can’t he sell some of he’s things if he needs the money? Why do you have to sell your things while he keeps he’s stuff.

Tbh hun I would get rid of him as he’s just using you he obviously just wants to sponge off you and why should you have to go without because he can’t keep a job to pay for the car

2 Likes

First of all never sell your stuff that’s rookie mistake number one because next month you’ll still have no money and you’ll have nothing to sell. Figure something out, both of you need to sort your shit out if you’ve got a baby on the way, get another job or move back in with parents.

4 Likes

Your not selfish. He’s a twat. That doesn’t take responsibility and wants you to clean up his financial shit.

1 Like

No leave him !Time to move on hunny ! Find a real man who will work and not Job hop !

2 Likes

Hun, he’s not worth your time or money.

2 Likes

Guess you’re playing Animal Crossing, eh? :blush: I’d sell him.

1 Like

no good get rid of him plenty more and better fish in the sea

If you are both living together, raising children and in this for the long haul then sell the game which isn’t a necessity and pay the payment. A car is very much needed with children in the picture. Sounds like you both need to grow up!

9 Likes

It your stuff so why ask what to do with it just don’t understand why you can’t make up your mind

1 Like

What you really need to do is get rid of him!

3 Likes

Job hop?.. sounds like you both have issues with responsibility, showing up on time or authority? Or, just plain LAZY.
Get your sh*t together before adding someone else into your life. Seriously, what is wrong with people :expressionless:

2 Likes

Sorry you deserve better even with a child with him you still deserve so much more

He needs to step up and pay his bills. Job not enough, get another. Don’t “have time” for another job donate plasma on a schedule. Sell his OWN stuff…if nothing but car try selling that for amount that pays off loan (call and ask “theorhetically, if I paid it off today the amount owed would be what?”) and enough to get a “beater” paid in full.

Unless you are wanting to spend the “rest of your life” (marriage or the equivalent of) and you are wanting to “work with him” to resolve as a unit; don’t set a behavior pattern of being a doormat.

He’ll use you until dry and then either A) physical abuse will enter the picture or B) he’ll drop you like a hot rock and move on to the next target of opportunity.

I real man wouldnt have u sell your stuff!

3 Likes

You are not selfish, he’s baggage.

2 Likes

Tell him to man up, keep a job, and pay for his car note. He has a child coming, but refusing to work? Not a good start…

1 Like

Why can’t he sell his own stuff? That vehicle isn’t your problem thats his

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Am i selfish for not wanting to pawn or sell my switch? - Mamas Uncut

1 Like

It starts with selling your switch, then ends with you completely supporting him. This is a red flag in my opinion. I don’t know him, and it’s always easier to advise from the outside in, however you should ask yourself if this man is “long term material”. Good luck!

57 Likes

It’s his car. Yes, you may need it but he needs to be responsible for his things. No one’s preventing him from getting and staying at a job. He should get and stay at a job to take care of his car payments and help take care of his kids. If I were you I’d run like the wind. From what you’ve said there’s major red flags. Selling your stuff to take care of your kids is one thing but selling your stuff for a him is a whole different story.

17 Likes

He sounds like a bum. Tell him either he finds a stable job and stick to it so he can pay off his car or you’re leaving. You and your baby don’t need to be suffering because of someone’s irresponsibleness

11 Likes

If it’s in his name and he chooses that, he needs to come up with the money and stop job hopping. That is not your responsibility. I can understand needing it to get to doctors appts and whatnot, but that is solely his responsibility. Babies come first honey.

9 Likes

Screw that guy (not literally again). Dont sell your stuff. If you can get out somewhere safe do that. Move on and think only about your kids. Pray he can recover from his idiocy and promise for you and the kids. Dont depend on it. Find a remote job. You can do this!

7 Likes

Do not sale anything that’s yours to support him! Its one thing if its your spouse but for a boyfriend. Not at all please love your self enough to say no and possibly find someone to be with that isn’t going to put u in that situation.

If your best friend was asking u this same advice what would u tell her? U deserve better🤍

7 Likes

Tell him that he needs grow up! Everyone is hiring, so he needs to polish and update his resume and get a job or two.
The baby is on its way and they may be little but they are expensive.
His car is his responsibility. Let him sell his belongings.
Go and see a lawyer and see what your options are plus they can start the paperwork for child custody and support. They will also help to legally get your name off of the lease and utilities and help you find housing or a women’s shelter that accepts newborns.

8 Likes

Well …don’t sell your stuff to help him , but time to grow up sell the gaming stuff and put it toward family stuff…

8 Likes

Lack of maturity and responsibility won’t get him very far. I suggest you start taking care of you and your child before things escalate. He’s mistreating you because you allow it. Find other means to get to work . And stay saving as much as possible. Children aren’t cheap. Emotionally. Physically. And financially. They are so expensive. You only get one chance to raise them. You’re boyfriend isn’t yours to raise. Good luck.

2 Likes

Ok. You just paid 400+ on his car. He needs to step up or step out. Looks like you can do it on your own without him, because you are already doing it alone with him. If you have medicaid then most likely they can provide you transportation to and from your Dr’s appts. I know medicaid in my state does. I work at a hospital and we normally supply cab vouchers to patients who need transportation home. Look into your options that you have available to you. Housing, transportation, daycare. Some people don’t realize what they have available to them because they don’t research or ask. Good luck and don’t sell your stuff that you worked hard to get yourself.

3 Likes

Girl, don’t be selling your stuff for him, you got a baby to think about. Tell that fool to get another job or take his a## out and pick up cans. He wants you to sell your stuff but keep his don’t be stupid don’t do it

2 Likes

He’s a dead beat! Get rid of him. Literally EVERYONE is hiring and they are paying a good amount of money and hiring with little experience. Don’t sell your things!

2 Likes

Why on earth would you bring a child into a relationship when you knew he wasnt stable. Sounds to me like you picked poor quility.

5 Likes

No he needs to find another way to pay for his car. I’m sorry but you already put money towards helping him to the point your kids doing without so he needs to figure it out. Maybe get a second job or something

1 Like

Q is how long have you been slowly supporting hi.,and not realized it until now that your being pressured. Stop supporting this guy. He will never learn if you are the enabler. What job. does he have, he can get a Second job if he has ot of time on. His hands.

1 Like

That’s a bigass red flag. Ya think you’ll be able to use the car after he dumps you? Exactly…you won’t. Dont let no boy do you like that. He needs to get a real job.

2 Likes

He’s a man boy… Period …
I pray you get your own journey and find your own way because this will only get harder with a child…to support 2 others besides yourself…
You already know this …but your looking for validation…
Look within … your strong :muscle: smart amazing …
Set your plan for you up … he has alot of maturing to do and your not his mama… Don’t lower your standards…
God Bless

Ur not selfish at all tell em to get a second job and pay for his own car and I’d also stop paying any of his bills ur pregnant u should be trying to save as much money as u can because ul need it after ur baby comes