Are these red flags?

I’m so sorry you are dealing with these things! You should not have to choose between love or the well-being of your child. She may be good to you, but if she’s not willing to compromise things for the sake of the child, she’s not ready for parenting. These are huge red flags and they are targeted at your daughter, if you stay and allow this behavior, you are just as guilty. You need to protect your daughter and get out. Stay strong, you sound like an amazing mom!:two_hearts:

Run from this one - all the red flags are there

Unfortunately sweetheart she’s a narcissist, and she’s gaslighting you. Grab your baby and run, these situations rarely get better.

1 Like

Red flags. This is not okay love and I think deep down your aware because you made this post. Don’t question yourself on this one. She sounds like she’s definitely a narcissist and you should leave to keep your daughter and yourself safe x

8 Likes

Run, she resents your daughter and sees her as “in the way”. Grt out now whilst you still have time to instill your parenting beliefs in your daughters life, before your gf causes major issues

1 Like

Leave her now y u can she dnt appreciate u or ur daughter n u dnt want it to get worse

Get out while you can….don’t do that to your daughter.

Yep… Take your precious child and leave!! If she is not willing to see yall as a “package deal” and treat your daughter like her own then she does not deserve either of you! Your child comes first before anyone or anything!

Get out now, she will never change and she sounds bloody evil. What a horrible bitch. Go and find happiness for you and your daughter. You will both be better off without her. :disappointed:

1 Like

Get out before she hurts you or your daughter. Sounds like she will do ANYTHING to keep your attention on her and leave baby girl in the background starving for attention! RUN, RUN, RUN! TAKE YOUR LITTLE ANGEL AND RUN

1 Like

Leave, you and your daughter will be happier, she sees her as in the way

1 Like

Take ur baby as she’s an unfit mother spanking a 2 yr old omg that’s wrong and leave her now b4 it gets any worse . And if u don’t ur as bad as her for staying and putting up with her shit !!!

4 Likes

You cant mother your child and a grown woman at the same time. Choose your child always and make no apologies for it. If she cant handle a partner with a child, she should get one without. As for you, you deserve true love, support and maturity in a partner.

1 Like

Leave… she is a trying to control you and your life. Get out now!!!

1 Like

This shouldn’t even be a question :person_facepalming:. Protect your child & leave. Why do humans need to ask social media these questions? This should be common sense.

3 Likes

Run, don’t walk. Best wishes for a happier future with your little girl

1 Like

Your child is and ALWAYS should be your 1st priority. You sound like a very loving mommy if your partner loves you she should love you and respect you for loving your daughter so much. You need to tell her sorry not sorry my baby will ALWAYS be my #1 choice. If she REALLY loves you she will respect n understand your feelings. This grown woman is being jealous of a child and VERY controlling. Run and Run FAST.

1 Like

She is bully and abusive! Red flags? Oh yes. When people show you who they are, believe them! This isnt going to get better and since you walk on eggshells around her to avoid her anger, she knows it and this will not get better! Her behavior is very controlling and has nothing to do with you, she brought her baggage with her and had issues before you met her, now she’s dumping them on you. I dont think you can do anything else but leave, only a matter of time befire she starts abusing your daughter, she has already done this with her fits and willingness to lock her in a car alone. Doing that could have found you in jail and your daughter in a foster home not to mention the trauma your daughter would experience if she woke up in a dark car alone and scared or possibly kidnapped. Get out of that unhealthy relationship asap!

1 Like

All the red flags are there…you don’t need this toxic woman in your life…continue to be the wonderful Mom that you are…and get rid of this toxic lady ASAP…:+1::+1:

3 Likes

You need to leave! She sounds abusive to both you and your daughter!

3 Likes

As a 31 year old mom with a 2 year old… she sounds very selfish and toxic and I would not be able to put up with her behavior :grimacing:

11 Likes

I was in the same situation. I stayed and the scars left on my children is difinetly not worth it run don’t look
Back

you have the responsibility as a parent to keep your child safe from abuse and surrounded by love . Yes discipline is necessary but no hands on stuff should be allowed , please be safe

1 Like

Sorry if she won’t see reason or try to compromise, it’s sadly time to say goodbye.

1 Like

Shes not fit to be around your child. Seriously who would even suggest leaving a child in a car.

1 Like

Leave fast that’s not good for your daughter

1 Like

Get your foot and boot her out. Your child comes first.

This is so sad to read. You and your daughter are being abused. Please do not stay. If you do not have the courage to leave for yourself then please leave for your poor baby. Under no circumstances would I ever leave the baby with her alone either. You sound like a good mom with a good head on your shoulders and you probably are hoping she will get better. She will not. She will get worse. She will gaslight you and her controlling behavior and anger will only get worse the more you stand up for yourself and your baby girl. You and your daughter deserve someone calm and caring. Please do not settle for this abuse. You are worthy and deserving of so much more and your daughter needs you to make decisions that are best for her well being and from what you described, this is most definitely not a healthy environment for her or you.

3 Likes

Please put you’re foot down and walk away.

Run like the wind sweetheart, I’ve been there, one word…… RUN!!!

Sorry but it sounds like she doesn’t like your daughter. And when you choose to be with someone who has children before you, you are a total package and come together. So it’s all or nothing. I’d be damned someone mistreating my child and making smirks and comments when she’s having her little tantrums. :point_right:t4: :door: there’s the door sweetheart :100:

Sounds like she wants to get rid of you daughter. Run before she hurts that baby. Get out now. To many kids come up missing these days.

1 Like

Leave…leave now save ur daughter’s sanity! This woman that wants to leave a 2 yr old in the car is no one u want to raise ur child!! I know it’s hard but u said u will always pick ur daughter first!

2 Likes

Ahe shouldn’t be spanking your daughter it’s abuse , and I don’t mean this nasty one bit but the child’s people will blame you for not protecting her , I’d leave as hard as it probably is, you probly know already what to do because you wrote this post,I was hit as a kid and I still have issues now because of it , take care and hope your safe soon

Omg this is so bad!! You’re both being abused lovely and if you don’t leave now it will get worse. Listen to your gut you’re not imagining it she is a walking red flag

Get that girlfriend outta their. Leave your daughter in a car alone…fucking NEVER!

1 Like

Get out. She is going to end up hurting your daughter. Anybody who worried about their own sleep instead of sympathising with a child is evil.

1 Like

Don’t walk, RUN! If she is offended you wont leave your daughter alone in a car I wouldn’t trust her actions when you arent around.

Red flag!! She’s not going to change take your daughter and leave.

Its not gonna get better trust me. Your daughter dont need to see that growing up

Just 4 u to ask “is this a red flag” is a red flag :triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post::triangular_flag_on_post:

Please for ur daughters sake leave this girl alone.

Raising my children I had only one mindset, if I always done what was right for my children- then it was not wrong! She is not what is best for your child!

Leave NOW!!! Your gf is selfish and immature and obviously does t want your daughter around. Get the hell out of there quick!!

I truely think u need to get help and support and leave this women.
There are so many red flags here!
You are in fear of her reactions and capabilites this is abuse…
She isn’t just ruling your daughter with fear, but also you!
You both deserve more than fear and eggshells…
No one should ever be jealous of a child and that’s exactly what it seems to me.
Also I just want to add I add a step mum like that and it will live with me forever, am 29 now.
Get out before an escalation in abuse good luck and protect YOUR little girl xxx

I’m sorry but you said you’d chose your daughter over her any day but you haven’t yet?

Get away from her for your daughters sake, if she’s this bad with her infront of you then god knows what she’s like when you aren’t there

7 Likes

At 31 she’s not going to change her way… you need to get your daughter and leave…

I would leave now before it gets worse. You want your daughter to be a priority which is awesome!!! It sounds like she really doesn’t want her around. If there’s no communication and all of this is happening, I would leave and start fresh with your baby girl. You both deserve to be happy, loved, and living in a healthy environment.

Run…tons of red flags there…get as far as you can

Please get out of there while you still can!! While your daughter is still young she won’t remember much when she grows up but she will remember the bad things if you stay!x

You need to be the disciplinarian for Your daughter. She can reinforce you, but shouldn’t be the one handing down punishments or spankings.

1 Like

Parent to parent, be the bad guy and put your foot down and walk. Those are major red flags, I wouldn’t be sticking around. Other thing you gotta think is your now setting an example for your daughter on how people can treat people, the longer you stay and let your gf treat you like that the more it tells her that it is okay for people to treat her that way when she is older and in a relationship. Would you want your daughter to stay with someone who was treating her like that?

It’s hard, but we as parents are where our kids learn from, they even learn stuff like that from so every decision we make effects them too and we have to think on if it’s a good example we are setting by staying in a (sorry not going to sugar coat this) toxic relationship or not. For me personally it’s a not, I don’t want my girls growing up thinking it’s okay to let people treat you that way cuz they learned that it is from me.

Protect your child at all cost.
Red flags everywhere.
If she acts like that with you around who’s to say she won’t leave your child alone one day while you’re not there?
Would you trust her alone with your child?
Sounds to me like the answer is gonna be no and if that’s the case. RUN

1 Like

Definitely get out and yes red flag :triangular_flag_on_post: is certainly showing that’s your daughter no matter how long you been with someone whether theyre the parents or step parent children always come first! Sad as it may be sounds like a bit guilt trip and manipulation aswell

Fucking run away and don’t look back what she is doing is cruel if social services knew they would take your daughter away because you are letting this happen.

4 Likes

This a screwup all the way around! Get out and straighten up your life! Find a relationship with God and get your life on track!!

If someone is making you pick them or wants you to pick them over your child, leave. Like you said your daughter will ALWAYS come first. You need someone who will understand this and not be threaten by this. It really sounds to me like your partner should find someone without kids bc she needs ALL the attention. You are standing by your child and that will never be the wrong choice. Stand your ground mama.

Your daughters needs come before anyone your with. Those are all definite red flags. Get away from this relationship for your daughters sake. This is her mental health in the long run and your teaching her it’s okay for someone to walk all over you

You’re living in a red flag city. Leave. Before it’s too late.

1 Like

Sounds like your girlfriend has some issues and she’s selfish. Sounds like your daughter needs to be sleeping with a vaporizer in the room that would help quite a cough

Be sure you pack up and leave while she is many hours away or you will see her wrath unleashed. Start making your plan now! Once you have left, block her on all media and your phone. Tell your friends and family to do the same as she will most certainly play victim to them and try to make a scene. I would leave her a last message before blocking her telling her you have left and why. That if she tries to find you or make problems for you, you will get a restaining order. That your relationship is over and not to contact you or anyone you know again. The most dangerous time with an abuser is when you leave. There is no other way to leave an abuser. A women’s shelter would take you and your daughter in and have all the resources to help you get back on your feet.

2 Likes

It made me so mad reading this ! No partner should ever treat the other like this especially with a child involved. I’m a mumma to a 9 month old and she :100: comes first, hubby and I work so well together as parents I can’t fault him. You need to leave her! You deserve someone who will love you and your baby girl the way you deserve :purple_heart:

Wow…this does not sound like a good thing for your daughter. It may be time to move on.

Sounds like signs of an abusive personality.

Her wanting to leave that baby in the car is sick! I’d have been done right then! I’d never look at her the same after that, therefore there’d be nothing to talk about…you sound waaayyy to passive about this. That baby will end up hurt…It sounds like she’s jealous of a freaking child! Leave a mental health brochure on the table on your way out…Don’t give her any notice because it seems she may weaken your resolve…

she sounds like a man im like me myself & my children dats my mindset

Walk away! Obviously she should be more considerate of your feeling and everything like that. But if you constantly feel like you are the bad guy then you are in a relationship with a narcissist. And that is not healthy at all. Hunny get you and your daughter out of that situation ASAP. i know its hard and it hurts but you are strong and can do it

1 Like

This is where you need to pick your daughter over her !! The way shes acting is like your daughter is a inconvenience to her she dont love her at all ! Thats obvious and that poor baby safety is at risk every sec you stay with her for one she wanted you to leave her alone in the car to shop so it makes me think has she done that before if shes ever went to the store alone with her ? Then she was mad you wouldn’t go sleep on the couch with her and leave your sick daughter in the room alone ! LEAVE NOW PICK YOUR DAUGHTER FIRST

3 Likes

Get the f out yesterday

Your rules as for parenting should be the rule period, this is not her child and by the eyes of the law she has no right to punish her in that way. Just because she sees it as fit makes no difference; she is not her parent period, even if you married this person. Please leave this person, this is toxic and your daughter deserves someone in her life that doesn’t treat her secondary but first! It disgusts me that this is adult doesn’t have enough respect of your wishes or the treatment of your baby! She is selfish and immature. Good God why would you want to stay?? This doesn’t change, it may only become worse and it’s just not right! Don’t stay with a woman who acts like she is the child and excuses her behavior!

Pack her bags and kick her to the curb if she cannot accept your daughter she is not to be with you

2 Likes

She’s a control freak. RUN and never look back

2 Likes

Here’s a reasonable thought when you wake up in the morning are you ready for your day or ready to deal with walking on egg shells because of you not wanting to fight? Obviously there are clear red flags leaving a child alone in a car should never be considered ever. She has a narcissist attitude you will never be happy or have a reasonable discussion you will be forever wrong and it will be your fault. Also why be with a 31 year old she has to taken control of you to manipulate that’s why she got you at a young age. Learn gaslighting you will forever see how toxic your relationship is.

1 Like

Time for a new girlfriend sounds like

Leave… all those are major red flags

Some people are not meant to be parents. You be her parent not your girlfriend. When you do get out don’t go back. Some people thrive off of that emotional rollercoaster.

Does your girlfriend have children? I’m guessing she doesn’t. It’s difficult to co parent a child with someone who hasn’t had their own children. From the behavior you explained, I would get out now.

She is waving major red flags!!! May I suggest you kick her into touch, take your daughter and run as fast as you can as it will escalate!!! Good luck with the future

I’m seeing problems on both sides here. For example, many 2 year olds sleep in a room alone. I don’t think it is unreasonable to be able to get a proper night sleep before work. It isn’t exactly child abuse for you to take the child into the other room and let her sleep- especially if she is providing for the family- however, if sleep is the concern it doesn’t matter if you stay or go with the child- so that seems a bit controlling. While I get that it is challenging when the child is not “hers”- if you are choosing to make a relationship with her- then she needs to be involved in coparenting. You can’t make it a competition of who you will “pick” over the other- or the relationship is doomed to fail. My concern is that she may feel left out in a sense- as in she is competing with the child for your love- and that is causing insecurity and irritability.

That being said- the age difference between the two of you may be adding to the “I’m right you are wrong” attitude you say she has- and that does need to be addressed because you are an adult. I’d suggest couples counseling so that both of you are able to communicate better- and see what the underlying issues are.
Either way- fighting doesn’t solve anything. If she can’t sit down and communicate with you- while you really listen- abs vice versa- it’s time to leave. Life is too short.

Leave. Imagine trying to do your best at parenting (maternal natural instincts) and someone going against the grain especially when a child is ill.
You know the answer yourself…… :woman_facepalming:t2: you clearly have the maternal skills- SHE doesn’t. The big yap should of slept on the couch herself!

1 Like

You sound sure of what you see, we see it too. She only wants you not your child. Don’t let getting her mad scare you, speak your mind. She’s slowly controlling u

1 Like

Your daughter comes first! If you’ve communicated clearly and still no compromise or change I would tell her one last time how you feel and that if it doesn’t change then you will have to end it. When it happens again be done!!

The fact that she wanted to leave your kid alone locked in vehicle at 7pm at night should show you she does not have your child’s best interests in mind and this is not someone I would want parenting my child.

Get your daughter as far away from that women as you can !!

4 Likes

walk away now,even if just for the sake of your child.

3 Likes

Take the highway lol I could say a lot more but if you’re questioning this then I feel you know what’s right. :wink:

You are on an abusive relationship. I know everyone can tell you to leave but it’s never quite that easy.

I highly recommend that you

1. Define what a loving relationship is to you and ask yourself if your relationship is that?
  2. Consider asking yourself what the point of the comments are thst your partner makes whe. Things dont go her way? Is it to make you mad? Manipulate you? To help you? Then ask her the same question
  3. Finally question whether or not your relationship sets an example to your daughter of a healthy loving relationship? If so good. If not is that the example you want her to take into life?

Make your decisions based off of the answers to those questions.

1 Like

RED FLAGS!!! I am more like you how raise my 3 children by communication and discuss why they can’t or can so they can understand why. That’s important. She want you leave her in car which is no. I not having it if anybody act towards my kids.

being the bad guy and putting your foot down this scares me…your daughter is your daughter if she is like this now how is she going to be when the real hard years come??? I would leave and work on yourself as to why you would question your instincts about your child and as a mother…just saying

Take your daughter and go

2 Likes

Read this back to your self and answer your own question !! Get out !!

2 Likes

I think you should leave this relationship. Your daughter should always come first in your life. She is your number 1 priority and it sounds like your instinctive approach to mothering, wanting to listen and coach, is perfect and noone should tel you how to mother. I think you need to remove this person from your daughters life, she deserves better and it s up to you to make that change before permanent damage is caused xxxxx

I have to agree w most comments! Run like hell!
Women that don’t put the kids first is not someone I would call a mother

Never leave your child alone with this woman if she’s doing all this whilst your around imagine what she would do if you wasn’t. Take your daughter and leave .

Quit threatening to leave and do it!

2 Likes

At the end of the day… THATS YOUR DAUGHTER NOT HERS and NOONE should even be a thought over YOUR Daughter!!..

1 Like

Read your post back hun, but read it asif you were reading someone’s else’s story and see what you would think, your baby girl how dare she say and suggest such stupid things!!! Hope your OK xxx

3 Likes

Oh my god, run for the hills babe, take your baby and leave, that all sounds very veryyyy controlling xx

You are in an abusive relationship. Get out NOW before something happens to your daughter and you end up in prison​:exclamation::exclamation::exclamation:

1 Like

Hitting children and leaving a two year old in a car are both child neglect offences just walk away her been in a mood or you getting you’re child taken by social services it’s a no brainier really. Good luck though

1 Like