Best diaper rash cream?

If you breastfeed pat some expressed milk on bum after cleaned and dried. Then let it dry really good before covering with desident. Whether you breastfeed or not you can still do the desident after a baking soda bath.

Butt paste maximum strength and lots of powder works for my oldest and he has Hirschsprung

A&D Ointment
Aquaphor
Baby Powder with Cornstarch

burts bees diaper rash cream or unrefined coconut oil.

This is old school and my Oma taught me this. Whisk egg white (no yolk) and smear it on babies affected area leaving Bub to lie on a towel to air dry after each nappy change and then use usual nappy rash power, zinc then powder again before putting nappy on. Kind of like crumbing chicken which sounds weird but really works. You can keep the egg white in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 6 hours but take out what you’ll use rather than double dipping into the container. Good luck.

I used aquaphor on both of my kiddos. If they got a rash then I would cake it on before bed.
But sounds like the same thing that happened to my little girl. I started with Pampers and my daughter ended up being allergic to them. I had to switch diaper brands and it cleared right up.

A&D ointment worked best for me

Resinol. It’s hard to find in stores around here but Amazon sells it.

Let her go without a diaper, air is wonderful on a diaper rash

Mine did that and we had to switch to babyganics wipes.

Do not use powder with baby girls could give them a yeast infection. It is normal tho for little girls to end up having a rash more often. Might also be allergic reaction to the wipes and or diapers.

1 Like

Caldasen powder works great

For a 2 week old … I would say A&D ointment only … for every diaper change … wash her with water and soap don’t use wipes until it gets better or at least when she has a BM … pad her dry and apply a small amount of A&D

Cornstarch during the day and coconut oil at night

1 Like

It’s most likely yeast. You will need an antifungal cream

Pink bottle with zinc

Corona from tractor supply !

Its most likely yeast infection if not going away. Lotrimin and butt balm. Ive been using coconut oil on my 3 yr old and it cleared he yeast infection up in less than a day

1 Like

Butt paste was our go-to! Worked quickly every time.

A lot of times their skin becomes more irritated by baby wipes even the natural ones.
When my girls got it I would use a wet wash cloth to gently clean them.
(if they pooped use baby wipes to clean to poop off good then use the wet wash cloth)
Either towel them dry or let air dry then powder their diaper area. My doctor told me to only apply the cream 2-3 times max during diaper changes then either bathe them or wipe them good with a wet wash cloth, dry them then start powdering their whole diaper area. Clears up in a day or 2 every time.

My daughter has really sensitive skin. My boyfriend and I spent a lot of money and found only two diaper brands that she can use and was told by her pediatrician to always put cream on her no matter what. If it is blistered pretty bad, call her doctor and get her in to be seen he/she might be able to prescribe something for her because it it could be a yeast infection

1 Like

Dr Bordeaux butt cream

1 Like

Water wipes , and use corn starch

Use Boudreaux Butt Paste fantastic

1 Like

I’ve used triple paste and I let it air out a bit. Oxygen is a wonderful thing.

1 Like

Resinol from the pharmacy

Butt paste, Walmart Carrie’s it, good stuff.

Boudreaus butt paste. The yellow tube.

It must be the desitin. Brand. That usually works. It cornstarch powder. If they are still allowing that kind these days.

Might be the wrong brand of diapers and/or wipes. My daughter had a rash with Pampers diapers and it took us forever to figure out that was causing it. Any other brand and she was fine.

2 Likes

I loved both the Burt’s bees diaper cream and the aquaphor diaper cream. They both did great. I would Rotate them.

If I have citrus or tomatoes my kid’s bottoms get little blisters since I breastfeed.

The best thing is to wash her with as soon as possible, dry and then powder.

Is she breastfed? If so out breastmilk on it and let it air dry

Honest diaper cream and the soothing spray :raised_hands:t2:

Burts bees diaper ointment

It could be yeast. As others have said, keep it dry and let the air get to it

The purple desitin worked wonders on all 3 of mine. Just catch it early or always use it for a change to prevent

My baby girl was actually allergic to the nystatin cream. I use A&D cream it worked best for her (wasnt too sticky). also are you positive it’s a rash or a yeast infection?

I know this is going to sound INSANE- but it worked for our daughter who had extremely sensitive skin on top of diaper rash. Go get a tub of unsweet Greek yogurt, not kidding. (Regular unsweet is fine too but Greek is a little thicker and stays in the diaper easier) Put some directly on her vaginal area, as far up as the rash is. Not only is it instantly cooling but has NO burn whatsoever. It worked MIRACLES for our daughter when everything else burned and made her scream.

1 Like

My daughter when she was younger, a newborn, she would get rashes often. I had tried everything, I changed her diaper so much and I took her to the doctor for it and they were like yeast diaper rashes and they were just how you describe and they gave me clitramizol (not 100% sure on spelling) but it always cleared it up and she no longer gets those types of diaper rashes they just started going away as she got older. She’s now 2. I would take her to see her doctor though.

Butt paste diaper cream works very well!!

1 Like

Resinol or Boudreauxs Butt Paste

1 Like

Don’t use powder it can be bad for baby. Use corn starch if you use anything but honestly just changing when wet and drying well before putting a new diaper on should take care of those bumps. My 3 week old has them too they come and go depending on how much she goes. I put Vaseline on once a day if it looks like it’s hurting her and then there will be barely any noticeable

I used bag balm on my daughters bottom, it works wonders!! A little in the expensive side but it lasts you a while because you only need a little bit, a little goes a long way!

The zarbees one it’s new it has chamomile in it cures my son’s diaper rashes in like a day

Definitely switch the diaper brand and see if that could be the cause. If not then use ointments and keep her hydrated.

Also I believe that if it is a yeast diaper rash corn starch would make it worse. I think that’s what I was told. It works for contact dermatitis which is just a normal diaper rash but I believe make yeast ones worse. Don’t quote me though.

Might be eat infection

Bag balm and keep diaper off durring naps

I always used butt paste on both kids a and d when I ran out

Cornstarch is really helpful and additional bare butt air time. Just try to keep the powder contained. We used a little measuring spoon to put it on the bottom.

If you think it is yeast get Gentian Violet. What doctors use to prescribe for woman that wind up with yeast on nipples. Also use on baby’s bottom…my grandson use to get yeast infections…worked wonders.

1 Like

She may be allergic if you are using pampers my have to use cloth diapers

I use Pinkxav or Desitin

cornstarch keep it on herand keep her dry as you canthe cornstarchwillbe soothing about 2 days you will notice it’s going awaygood luck!

Ask your pediatrician. Maybe you need a different diaper. We also use A&D OINTMENT.

1 Like

My daughter kept a rash when she was that age no matter how much I changed her diaper . I always use a bigger size then what my daughter is (say she needs a size 1 I use size 2) so heat doesn’t get trapped easily and she has breathing room. It has worked so well for her

Cornstarch works great and non toxic

Polysporin With analgesic should take care of it. I used it on my daughter when she was little

It might be the pampers you using

Desitin let it dry on !!! Also naked time

2 Likes

Boudreaux’s Extra strength butt paste. Make sure you let the area dry as much as possible before applying. Could also be the diapers or wipes you are using. My daughter was very sensitive as well.

1 Like

Cornstarch! And oatmeal baths!

Coulld also be washing powder if using cloth diapers.

Butt paste worked amazing with my girlie everything else made it worse

1 Like

Calmiseptine a pharmacist turned me on to it

1 Like

Change brand of diapers

VASELINE! I dont recomend desitin it made my newborns skin peel!

Desitin is well, aquafor or A&D preventive ointment is what we use and reccomend in the NICU/PICU. Desitin comes in two strengths.
I would avoid baby powder.

Brown (and by this I mean put it in a pan and cook it on the stove) some all purpose flour and brown it and then let it cool and use that it will clear it within 24 hrs

Triple paste. No powder!

Change brands of diapers. use cornstarch everytime you change diapers. “buttpaste” is also good.

1 Like

My daughter couldnt use any cream… we had to just change her… when we stopped using cream and only used luvs it went away she had a reaction to diapers and the creams… luvs was the only thing she could use/wear

My daughter had that.turn ed d out to be an infection tha TV only meds can cure.

Let her air dry! And at night put corn starch on her. During the day use some type of butt paste. And unstead of wipes use a wet wash cloth. My son couldnt use parent choice when he was a new born now he is 4 months old and he can use them.

Mylanta, Lotrimin, and Desitin. Worked for my daughter after her kidney surgery and developed a diaper rash.

Again depends on the diaper you use. And what cream you use. We use monkey butt cream (the red bottle not the yellow) also Vaseline helps too to prevent but monkey butt helps once rash is there. I use oatmeal bath and lotion too. Its great for Baby and young children’s skin.

Vaseline or the calmiseptine if it’s really bad! Works amazing :slight_smile:

Use the nystatin cream it sounds like a yeast infection.

1 Like

Try changing the brand of diapers. What works for one might not for another. Especially if they’re the cheap brand.

3 Likes

Boudreauxs Butt Paste is amazing!

1 Like

Change the brand of diapers

Corn starch from the baking section. That’s all i used.

Aquafor, Boudreaux butt paste, maalox mixed in equal parts to make a paste.

Cornstarch best all natural powder and it’s cheaper than any powder on the market. No perfumes!

Vaseline … clean it, after bath cover her in Vaseline . It keeps the skin protected from pee and poo. And continue that after every diaper change (obviously don’t have to bathe just wipe lol and cover again with Vaseline) I’ve never used any product other than Vaseline . And everything clears up in couple days or less

Triple paste is the only thing that worked for my kids. Also, if you’re using scented wipes and soaps, change to unscented and it should help tremendously.

Maybe she`s allergic to the diapers’

1 Like

This may sound really weird, but it’s what a doctor suggested to me 45 years ago and it worked. My son got huge blisters - I tried prescription meds and OTC creams and leaving him out of diapers as much as possible - this went on for several months - horrible. Once I finally got his rash cleared up, I used Barbasol shave cream in a tube - the red tube, not the green, mentholated tube. Never had another diaper rash.

Burn some flour on the stove and use a little at a time like powder. Got rid of the rash.

1 Like

Change diapers maybe she’s allergic

1 Like

Johnson’s baby powder always worked for me when the rash started to look like it needed to dry out.

My son when he was a baby got a bad rash took to the dr said needs to drink more :sweat_drops: water

maybe try a different brand of diapers and cream

Cornstarch and AnD cream

Make sure her booty and baby parts are super dry before you put any cream and diaper on.

My son has sensitive skin an is allergic to certain brands of wipes. Everything i use is hypoallergenic and baby powder with cornstarch. I am also new to this :blush:

I swear by earth mama angel baby diaper balm!

Resinol, usually behind the counter at the pharmacy