Can I get in trouble for dating a dad from daycare?

You only have to make the relationship last till the kid is in school. Don’t tell your employers, do what you like, it’s your life. Sick of people being expected to make everyone else happy

1 Like

Look into your contract. As someone who works in child care I have seen this a lot and it usually ends with the teacher fired/quitting or the parent taking the child out of the daycare. Personally I don’t think it’s a good idea but it’s your personal life so technically there shouldn’t be a law or rule against it.

Usually employers frown upon things such as this. If it does not work out they could lose business or have allegations against them thrown out.

2 Likes

Better ask your boss; most places do have rules against that

1 Like

I feel like as long as there is no favoritism because of the relationship and it doesn’t affect you job then it’s your business. Not theirs.

Check your handbook/hiring paperwork. Either way I would be 100% transparent with your director.

Never dip your pen in company ink.
That also goes for ‘clients’ of the centre.

1 Like

I wouldn’t date anyone where you make your money whether they’re a worker or a customer. It can be messy. But put your happiness first.

1 Like

So many men in the sea, don’t date your students or their parents. lol

It’s a conflict of interest but if you’re going to do it anyway, just be discreet.

Not unless there’s a rule at your company.

Dude wants a discount… stay professional

5 Likes

Wouldn’t this be a conflict of interest?

I would think there would be some rules

2 Likes

Was it before or after you started working there

Who you date or pursue is not your jobs business

4 Likes

Only if his wife finds out…

2 Likes

As long as he is single, I don’t think it would matter lol

I know someone who got fired for this

Every company has their own policy.

Don’t take a crap in your own backyard.

Girl there are too many fish in the sea. Leave it alone but y’all know she gonna do it😂

1 Like

If he has a misses already then yes

I think if you are in a different classroom its ok. Like if you worked with other kids that aren’t his.

…I mean…is he …married? :woozy_face::rofl:

Check with your employer/employment contract/handbook.

Wellllllll does he have a wife?

Yes if the mommy finds out

1 Like

Stephanie Paltoo Mikala Teresa why’s this make me laugh so much :joy::woman_shrugging: good old take a trip down memory lane for me hhahah

2 Likes

That is very unprofessional

What’s your work rule?

Talk to someone who runs the day care.

Don’t do it ! Quit job , if you want to keep seeing him .:dog:

Check your employee hand book

I F’d one back in my day! :laughing:

Stephanie LeAnn …:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Lisa Marie what do you think :thinking: :joy::joy:

Liz Sturgeon Miller I mean it’s pretty much how I met my husband :joy::joy:

Id check employee handbook

FYI to this post or anything. Men will say they’re separated or divorced. They’re not. They’re trying to get a piece. They’re fooling around on their wife with you. You could meet them anywhere, supermarket, store, gyms, etc. Many men lie and say they’re divorced but they’re not. They’re re pigs.

1 Like

Ergh God don’t do it!

Only gonna in trouble with the wife you know the baby momma.

:joy:Girl, date that man. :rofl:

1 Like

I guess y’all slept in basic physics

:speaking_head:YOU DONT SIHT WHERE YOU EAT

3 Likes

Look at your employee handbook.

1 Like

Depends I’m sure some Karen will twist her panties over it

11 Likes

Read your handbook!!!

1 Like

How would we know the rules of your place of employment? Did you get an employee handbook when you started? Ask them the rules about that

Legal? Is the dad underage? Or are you?
If consenting adults date, it’s legal.
However, your employer probably has a no fraternizing with clients policy. You probably will lose your job. It’s completely legal to fire you for this reason.

Of you really like him, consider changing daycare to eliminate any conflict of interest

He has a baby mommy, Be careful

1 Like

Check your employee manual. They may have a clause, if not just set some ground rules so that if things don’t work out the child(ren) aren’t effected by it. If your employer is okay with it and you like each other and are both single , go for it, just proceed with caution for the sake of the kids and professionalism

I would see it this way,it’s kinda like boss employee. And there is usually something against it to prevent a sexual harassment suite. But I could be wrong. Yes, look into your contract.

Your employee handbook with rules and regulations should have that outlined. If you don’t have an employee handbook I would speak with your Director … if his child is in your direct care I would think that would be a conflict of interest especially if you break up. Check it out with your boss and keep yourself protected and don’t do anything to jeopardize your employment.

No you can not get into trouble. They won’t say anything either.

Why is everyone getting riled up over this :joy: girl live your life and do what you want. If it’s in your handbook that you can’t, then find a new job. New jobs are easy to find anyway. Don’t let all these Karen’s try and shame you.

2 Likes

As a general rule mixing business an pleasure isn’t a good idea. That being said I met my husband at work, he was my mentor but we didn’t start dating till years later and we were not working together anymore. Just keep your personal life private and you do you.

11 Likes

It’s probably not illegal, but it might be against your employer’s rules. I’d check their rules, so you don’t lose your job.

3 Likes

Its definitely frowned upon because relationships= drama. But if there arent any rules written about it they cant do much.

5 Likes

Ask your employer. I worked at a daycare with the director absolutely forbad any thing like that. If she found out you were babysitting for any of the kids or you were friends on fb with any parents, she would fire you. I didn’t like that rule at all. I had another school where the director didn’t care at all

10 Likes

Check ur employee handbook. You probably can’t date a current parent but once the child is no longer there it shouldn’t be an issue.

5 Likes

We had a staff member date a parent, the boys mom gave us all hell. They’re still together, daycare closed. Let Love Rule❤

10 Likes

Every employer has their own policies. I would check first to not put your job at risk.

1 Like

I owned a daycare, met a guy that had his kids in there and married him! Been married 12 years and a few of my employees dated parents from my daycare one of them also married a dad from my daycare but everywhere is different. Ask the owner or look at your handbook if you have one!

14 Likes

As long as he isn’t married

34 Likes

Depends on your jobs policy I think. I worked at vet clinics that specifically said we couldn’t date clients because it’s a conflict of interest. But if you were dating before they were a client it wasn’t a problem

1 Like

Is he married? If yes, then no! :joy:

2 Likes

Well, my Great Grandma worked at the orphanage my Great Grandpa would leave my Grandpa and 2 Uncle’s everyday to go to work.
. She became the my family that way and raised three boys after their birth Mom abandoned them.
Soooo. Sure, why not?!

It’s not illegal and it’s not a rule breaker.
To be fair also, it’s no one’s business. So those saying “speak to your boss” etc, no. You do not need permission to date or not to date.
The only job that forbids that, is hospitals etc with their patients.

Idk but I have a friend who was dating a daycare teacher and his BM found out (they were still on and off lol) so she found out and went to the daycare and beat the teacher up 🥲😥

12 Likes

Check your contract.
The daycare I work at has a strict policy against this.

1 Like

Looking for trouble.When you break up there will be bill and neglect disputes.And of course ,the home wrecker accusations.Let him go.He doesn’t need a date.He needs a babysitter.A free one,that is.

1 Like

Make sure he’s definitely a single dad before anything else :joy:

5 Likes

Should be in your employee handbook. If its not then :woman_shrugging:t2:

That’s a question to ask your employer what the rules are there.

2 Likes

Whatever you signed when you got hired, you might want to get a copy of it.

I am the Asst. Director of my daycare and marrying a guy, I meet here, next month. It isn’t a state regulation but be honest with your boss about it. It was a rule here not too but sometimes you can’t help it. Onky thing is if you split up and on bad terms he could try and get you fired or that daycare loose a child being enrolled there.

2 Likes

Always check your employers policies first.

Also, be prepared if in the case, if it doesn’t work out you will have to see this parent at drop offs and pick ups.

7 Likes

Maybe you should ask your employer directly.

18 Likes

Life is short if ur happy do it as long as I keep it away from the daycare who cares

Do it out side your work only so nobody complains

1 Like

Ask your employer, different people and jobs have different policies.

2 Likes

It’s nobody’s business who you date just keep your personal life / relationship out of work

1 Like

I would ask your employer or read the employee handbook if you’re too afraid to ask.

It’s common sense…don’t do it. Dah

Don’t shit where you eat…

You ever hear that saying “dont :poop: where you eat”? Thats what you’re doing. You’re taking a huge risk. Your company can terminate you for this relationship. What if it doesn’t work out? Is he worth the risk?

2 Likes

It would depend on the policy where you work. However it more than likely isn’t a good idea to do that and I wouldn’t.

Make sure he’s not married and do a back ground check on him

3 Likes

My ex started humping my primary school year 2 daughter. I think it’s vile and totally unprofessional.

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Can I get in trouble for dating a dad from daycare? - Mamas Uncut

Read your employee policies.

read your employee manual

Read your paperwork/handbook.

Yeah if he have a women at home :joy::joy::joy:she gone want to beat your a**:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Check the handbook for the job?

my dad married my sisters daycare teacher, do you boo

1 Like

Usually never mix business with pleasure is a good rule to stick with. But if you’re still wanting to do it I would check with your employer first and see what their rules are on it.

No there’s no law. Just know it may be up to your employer. I know first hand😂 I had begun dating a father from daycare and the day my boss found out she made me choose to quit/ be fired or not date him. I chose him and quit and now we’ve been together for 5 years with a baby on the way🥰

5 Likes

I.married my sons kindergarten teacher lol 16 years later we have 8 kids in total now

7 Likes