Did anyone get a tubal done straight after a c-section?

I got a tubal after my last csection. The recovery wasn’t any longer but I had heavier periods and alot more cramps. I ended up with a hysterectomy because of the cramps and bleeding being so bad.

I didn’t have a c section but I had a tubal the day after delivery. The actually surgery itself was about 30 minutes.
I imagine if you’re already open, it shouldn’t add too much time. That 30 minutes included open and close time.

My third section, tubes tied, no more painful, best recovery and no more babies!

About 15 minutes extra, but I was so busy watching them care for baby, I barely noticed. It was quick and smooth. No issues afterwards that I noticed other than regular c-section recovery.
FYI, it was my 5th baby, first c-section (unexpected breech), and I was 40.

I did. Made it maybe an extra 20 minutes longer, they removed the whole tubes for me. I felt the pain of that was worse then the actual csection pain.

I did it! Surgery wasn’t that much longer. I actually recovered better from this last one than my previous two csections! I’d do it again no questions asked!

I had mine done after my c section with my twins. 4the pregnancy. It didn’t add any extra time to my c section. My Dr. did it while they were cleaning and weighing babies. I was very sore but it was my first c section after 3 vaginal. I was recovered after 6 weeks so I’m assuming same as my birth recovery.

I can tell from a surgical standpoint as a surgical assistant, I have done many c sections with tubal ligations, in fact that’s my job now and it doesn’t add time to your surgery unless other factors arise.

Don’t do it! ! I have a HIGH pain tolerance and the c section and the tubal put me down for the count. The pain is crazy! Nothing like a normal c section. I had my tubal while giving birth to my 3rd child, no one prepared me for the pain.

I had mine done during my 3rd c-section. I dodnt wven notice an extended time and i had zero complications. They were already all up in my business anyway. What’s another few minutes?? :rofl:

I had mine done when they did the csection, nothing was different then just having a c section, it was actually easier doing it right away.

My went just fine. Just had to take it a little easier with lifting baby carrier. I don’t think it made surgery to much longer.in my opinion that’s the best time to do it since they are already in there.

I had tubal ligation after triplets at 31. No additional complications (I had complications for other reasons) and took only a few extra minutes.

I haven’t had it done personally, but I’m a L&D OR RN. It only adds a few minutes if that to surgery time. You heal the same, and it’s nice to not have to have another surgery to get it done later.

No there really isn’t any major time difference or increased risks in getting a tubal with c section. I recommend an iud or implant if you’d rather not worry about it daily. I also have had 3 sections. My first was breech. I had a tubal with the second. I had no further plans for more children. Then four years later wound up divorced, remarried a couple years later had a tubal reversal and my third baby at 33. You just never know what changes will occur in your life. All the best!

I had a tubal during my last csection… maybe added 5 to 10 mins. Recovery was normal. My periods were a little weird for the first 9 months or so after but I feel it was way better than being put under.

They tied mine while I was in for the C-section. There was no issues. Recovering from my 2nd C-section was so much easier than my first one, and I can only assume that’s because this one was planned, and my first was an emergency.

I had my tubes removed during my 4th c-section 8 months ago. Recovery wasn’t any different gettin the other ones. The key to c-section recovery is getting up and walking as much as you can, frequently, as soon as you can feel your legs. :+1:

I had a tubal (cut, tie and burn) right after the c-section birth of my youngest son, now 17 years old. Went relatively smoothly. Only recommendation I have is not to have a spinal done but rather an epidural instead. I had a spinal done, and as they were finishing up with tying and burning, the spinal started wearing off. With a spinal there is no way to give additional medication, so I felt everything thereafter. A memory I’ll not forget. And wished I had the epidural instead at that point.

For the surgery didn’t last but 2 min longer. But recovery was hard everytime I stood up it felt like my stomach was gonna fall off.

I had it done when I was 26 I new I was done having kids no complications at all no extra down time with it either

I had mine done after my 4th and recovery was actually pretty easy my periods actually are only like two days now…but I was up almost right after my C-section everyone is definitely different all I can say is mine went very smoothly and my recovery time was short. Everyonce in a while my cramps hurt but not any more then Normal. I had all 4 of mine with a C-section. Emergency one the first but still wasn’t to bad…

My aunt did and she said it really didn’t seem much different. She also did it because then she didn’t have to try and schedule another surgery. It was basically a 2 birds 1 stone type of thing.

Had mine done after C section… Just a warning, even though your open they still went through my belly button for the Tubal Ligation which I wasnt expecting, it changed the shape of my belly button from across to longways

My sister had a unplanned c-section and tubal with her second. Her surgery was an extra 10minites so very minor vs having g a second surgery to do tubal after the fact.

I had it done with my third pregnancy because I had scheduled C-section it adds a little more time but not that much everything went smoothly once I did hurt worse than the other which they said that was normal but other than that it went fine when I had complications with my last one with my blood pressure messing up and I have had two C-sections prior to that so this was my third I was done so it worked for me

I did it. They didn’t tell me my period would get worse but… I did the right thing 2 surviving children 5 losses. I just couldn’t do it again

I had 3 csections and a tubal with the third at 32. The procedure itself was about the same as my other deliveries and I had about the same recovery time (I was back to normal after a couple weeks). My periods took about a year to even out though and they became very painful

I did. It did take a bit longer, but it wasn’t super long. Maybe an extra 20 minutes? It was a smooth surgery and no issues afterward. I was sore on the side of my abdomen, but all fairly normal after. I wouldn’t hesitate to do it! Easier to do while you’re already there for csection!

I have not had it done but have an associates in surgical technology. It is very easy for them to do while they are already in there. While it can be done less invasively it would require a separate procedure if you wait. Better to get it done when they are already in there.

Nothing different than a normal c-section… No additional surgery time and no additional healing time. Talk to your doctor.

I did not much longer in surgery but being awake I must say the smell of burning made me nauseous

If I knew beforehand what it would be like after, I would have never had a tubal. Extremely heavy period, and cramps that i can even begin to describe the pain of.

I had no issues afterwards. This was actually better so I didn’t have to face the pain as to if I went back to get it done

I had it done after my 2nd c-section. It didn’t add much time to the surgery at all. My periods became awful afterwards, so now I have my tubes tied and I’m back on birth control. :woman_shrugging:

Mine took longer since they didnt have the right tools in the room I was in…ive had nothing but problems since…but everyone is different

I had it done right after my c section. No complications. I would go ahead and have it done while you are already in operating room.

I did almost 5 years ago. It didn’t take long at all. Maybe an additional 10 minutes if that. I haven’t had any issues or anything.
That was my second c-section

I had mine done after my daughter. She was a c-section. They did it during the operation. It added like maybe 20 minutes and i had no complications afterward. You will still have a period tho just a warning.

It was quick and easy. Didn’t make recovery any harder either.

i had mine done…
i regret it.
i now have the mirena to control the bleeding.
pls read up on side effects.
my bleeding became extremely heavy and painful cramps.
and i can feel it’s location in my body.

I had one after I had my last child by C-section. I didn’t even notice that they did it because it was that fast healing Time same as a C-section. No problems.

I didn’t read too many comments here, but I was going to wait a year after baby #4… well, during a csection, the costs are absorbed. One year later? Elective surgery, cash up front…4500 18 years ago. When I had baby #5, it was done during my csection. Heck, your uterus is on your belly, may as well do it then.

I had mine after my twins were delivered. Done while I was still numb. I had a quick recovery. It went smoothly and didn’t add much time to the delivery. No issues after.

Had mine done along with my c section! No extra recovery time! And you won’t even notice they are doing it and it’ll be over quick!

I had it done and it wasn’t a long procedure and everything healed up well. No complications. The only issue is that my monthly cycle is a little harder…more cramps.

I had both done on 26-05-2020 after my 3rd and last baby by c/s! And oh boy! That’s one pain I’ll never forget! But i feel much better and stronger now!

I had a tubal and c section with my 3rd honestly I had an awesome recovery . I REGRET IT THOUGH BECAUSE MY PERIOD WAS NEVER THE SAME.

Mine went pretty smooth and you don’t have to go through another surgery later. My periods were heavier at first but have gone back to normal now. It’s been a year for me and I’m 40.

I had it done and I don’t think it made it longer it did go smoothly for me and thank God no complications

My csection and tubal was like 45 mins long. Not sure if that is long or short since that was the only csection I had. Bleeding hasn’t been terrible some days there is blood and some days it’s not. Just remember everyone is different.
Edit. I had mine done almost a month ago

I had a tubal durning my 3rd c-section and I didn’t notice that the surgery was longer but the pain after was 100x worse.

I’m having mine done with my csection this is my 5th csection! I’ve been told there’s no difference! I will know in august!

I was 30 when my 3rd was born by c section and had a tubs tied during. My first c-section but everything went smooth, fairly easy recovery, 2 weeks max and I was back running the house.

I did it but it was my only pregnancy so I know no different. I didnt find it that bad for recovery.

my daughter did had no problems just little longer to heal.had to have medical paper signed 6 weeks before surgery. good luck

I didn’t have a c section but I did have a tubal ligation. Surgery seemed fast and recovery was fast and easy.

I had mine during my second c section no problem at all, and I did notice afterwards my periods got a little bit heavier but that’s it, I had mine 17 yrs ago

It didn’t make surgery last much longer. And it went very smoothly, no issues after! Makes it much easier to have it done after a csection than going back to have it done at a later date

I had mine done immediately. Didn’t take too much longer and made the healing that much easier. I recommend it.

I had my 3rd & last baby in November via c section (my 2nd one) and had a tubal while on the table after she was delivered and sent to nicu. I would say it was about 30/45 mins longer but I felt no different afterwards.

I did. It didn’t take long. I personally regret it though. I’ve had a lot of health issues. Mine was done in 2008.

She took my tubes while I was open for c section and everything went smooth. I just notice that the first day of my period is horrible but I only have it for like 4 days

Had mine done I was in surgery a little longer but not much. It went smoothly for me

I don’t think the time was much longer and recovery was the same as the section so it didn’t matter.

I had mine done at the same time as the C Section and it didn’t take longer. I had extremely long and horrible periods for a year after I had it done.

My recovery was the worst I had sharp pains for months… you will fell the difference in pain that’s for sure.

I had the tubal done with my 2nd birth/c-section. It was really no different to me than the 1st c-section recovery. It was the same couple months & same trials & challenges. The thing about it though is it is all done together so it all heals together & no hormones, birth control, etc.

No extra time, had done after my 1st c- section, 2nd child. Only difference was 2 nights in hospital vs 1.

I did and never looked back. Never had any issues healed fast and was back on my feet busy chasing a 1 yr old and keeping up with the new baby in less then a week

I did after my twins . It added 5 min to my c section… loved it no issues . Actually because it was my second c section I seemed to recover faster

I did, I had no issues. I choose tubal because I knew I was done at 31 with three kids. It was my first csection but it only took a couple minutes to do the tubal.

I did, my third C-Section was a ruptured placenta and a ten pound baby girl. Tubal was easy peas, healing was great.

Didnt take any longer that i could tell, honestly. Recovery was no longer at all.

I got my after my 3rd c section. I didnt have any complications and my periods are much better.

I did. I got them removed. Everything went good but I was more sore afterward then when I had my first.

I had a tubal after my 3rd csection during the surgery it did take a little longer but it’s not super long or complicated. And I had no issues after. That was 3 years ago.

I’ve didn’t notice any difference between my first c section and the second with the tubal. Glad I did it then instead of having to have another procedure later. I was 30.

I did 3 months ago I now and again get a little cramp but best thing I did so worth it as this was third c section x

I had mine done during csection after my third. Didn’t notice any difference from the first two csections.

Following! I am also pregnant with my 3rd who will be my 3rd c section, turning 30 next month, and getting my tubes tied after this one. Unfortunately my Dr cant do it same day as it’s a Catholic hospital, so I have to go back about 4 weeks later. It will be an incision through the belly button, and I’ll be unable to nurse for about 5 hours. If you can get it done at the same time I say go for it! Can’t be harder than recovering from a 4th c section at an older age :wink:

I did this after my 3rd. And it was the same recovery as my second one with a csection. Made it easier since they already have you cut open.

I had my tubes tied after my last baby, she was a c-section. It only took and extra couple of minutes and the after was fine. Nothing out of the norm. I say go for it.

If everybody’s saying ur menstrual cycles gonna be worse maybe u should take some time and think about it. I never had csection I had a vaginal birth but I had my tubes tied 8 weeks after my second son cuz I thought I was done having kids and now I’m paying thousands to untie them

I had natural birth and next day had tubal done. Worst idea ever. I was in so much pain all over and had a hard time breastfeeding. The surgery left me in pain. But I also had a natural birth and then surgery day after

Got it done w my son who was C-section they did it after they took my son out Dr ask me like 100 time if I was sure I said yes all 10 time

I was 35 had a C section right there done my tubal ligation I think it was the best. Yes it a few more minutes but worth it!!

I had one after my 3rd c-section and it didn’t add ant time to surgery. Seemed about as long as the other 2.

I did it and it was so worth it! Not much extra time in surgery. I had an issue after but I think that was related to my uterus not contracting back like it should have not from the tubal

I have had 5 C-sections and with my 5th i got tubal ligation, they done the procedure following the birth of my youngest and my periods became heavier and cramping is worse now…

Same I had it done after my third child he was the only csection and it went smoothly

Nope! Not much extra time, everything went smoothly. I was a little more sore for a little longer after this one, but that’s it!

Had 3 csections, the last one being 2 months ago, n had a tubal ligation took 10mins longer in room, same recovery time.

I had my done during my second c section and I don’t think it increased healing time or pain. Everything seemed very similar to my first c section with pain and healing.

My mom had a tubal after and she said it didn’t change the healing process at all.

Did mine same time as c section. No problems. The Dr. told me that it would be easier to do it while I was cut open instead of waiting to do it later

Yes, it only added literally only a few minutes. That section was the most uncomfortable post delivery but it was also my 3rd section. I think the discomfort was more related to scar tissue and the number of sections I had than the tubal.

I did. It went smoothly for me, no extra pain. Surgery was maybe 20 mins longer? I’m so happy I did it while I was already open.

I had mine done after my 2nd vback, piece of cake and no more worries of pregnancy, which is what i wanted. My 3rd was a late in life blessings.

3 kids and 3 c sections for me also. Complications with my first. I got the tubal after three kids. Only thing I can say is my periods are horrible now