Did you get the TDAP vaccine while pregnant?

I did. I’d rather have it then my baby possibly getting whooping cough.

Yes I did. Was not taking the slightest risk of my baby getting it when he was born

1 Like

I did. I had no problems.

Yep!! It will keep baby safe until she/he is born and can get their own start of the dtap! I got mine before my first daughter and then I got it after my second daughter was born cause I was being too lazy before I gave birth :joy:

Yes I got it. It helps protect your baby from it until they’re old enough to get the vaccine. I vax all my kids and myself .

I get all vaccines because i dont want to even risk the chance of my baby possibly suffering

I did not get it. They push them for every pregnancy, but if you look up cdc guidelines you do not need the booster that frequently

4 Likes

I personally get all vaccines and i also do not allow anyone who refuses both tdap and flu shot to be around my children till they are atleast 2 i wont risk my childrens health for someones selfish antivax bs

9 Likes

I got it after delivery not during. No reactions

1 Like

I got it right after I delivered

Yes I just received mine at my 30 week visit. The only thing that happened with me is the normal soreness after the vaccine. I received it with my first pregnancy too.

If you feel uneasy about it, don’t get it! I didn’t get it with either pregnancy because I want comfortable with the side effects. Totally healthy babies. Vaccines are not tested on pregnant women.

4 Likes

Got it with all 3 of my pregnancies. Only side effect was injection site pain

I did with mine had no problems

I have gotten it with every pregnancy I have had so I got it 3 times in the last 3.5 years… my oldest just turned 3 and my youngest is due next week

I got it the only side effect I had was tenderness to the injection site, I also got the flu shot until my son was 2 and done breast feeding but he has to get the flu shot because with his asthma he gets sick for son long

I did. My side effect was a soreness for a few days. Felt like someone punched me in the arm.

Yes. I had no problems

Yes I got it. Honestly feeling like shit for a little after is the worst that happens after I get a vaccine. And they reccomend it for a reason. Might as well start protecting my baby as soon as I can. Especially for something like whooping cough. The vaccine is nothing compared to that.

I got mine and so did everyone living in my house. No side effects

I got it in 2016 just because I hadn’t had one in a while. Then I got pregnant in 2018 and 2019. Got one both times and both babies were completely healthy

I have had 4 kids and received the Tdap with all 4 pregnancies not one issue with the babies or myself. I even got the flu shot during my pregnancy with my last child.

I never had to til right after I delivered my first . That was almost 9 years ago and it was the one and only time

I dont get tdap anyways because I’m allergic to Pertussis vaccine. But if I was offered a TD shot while pregnant I’d probably wait till after delivery because I have anxiety and I worry about everything.

I got mumps when I was a baby. My sons have all been vaccinated. It is something that I believe in. I am also fully informed in which the vaccine contains.

Yup I did, no worries :wink:

Yes, I got it. I had no side effects. My family members also got it and they didn’t have any side effects either.

Nope. You can tell them no.

Got mine! No side effects!

I did with mine no side effects.

I got mine while pregnant. My husband and best friend did too. It protects your baby

I never got any of them with any of my 6 pregnancies

I did and yes, I recommend it. Whooping cough is dangerous for babies.

I got that and the flu vaccine at 6 months pregnant (flu season). I didn’t know what to do one way to another so I asked what my dr recommended and he said he likes his patients to get it. I’m no medical professional and I trusted my dr completely so I just got them. No side effects. Babies can’t get the vaccine for whooping cough until I THINK a year old, but apparently if you get it while pregnant, it’s supposed to protect them as well.

I highly recommend this… I had no side effects from it with either of my pregnancies. Just imagine your poor little newborn catching whooping cough from someone with a little cold.

Where is live we handle vaccines a bit different than the US. DTap is only recommended during pregnancy if there is a current Pertussis outbreak where you live, and a risk of exposure for the baby. Otherwise only every 10 years, and if pregnant we would wait until after birth.

1 Like

I got it. But it’s up to you to decide. It will protect your baby.

I never got it. All I got while pregnant was a flu shot

Had it around 28-30 wks…no probs

I got it and didn’t have any side effects.

4 pregnancy’s and no I didn’t. I did get the shot before I left the hospital after having my first tho

I did and also made my husband!

I did with my first but not my second

Yes i got it when i was pregnant tnx god no side effects.

I did with both pregnancies and everything was fine. No side effects.

1 Like

Yes I did, no issues with it other than sore arm for a day or two.

1 Like

Yes absolutely you deff need it for the safety of the baby also make sure everyone around you has it also whooping cough is deadly for babies

1 Like

I denied the vaccine all 3 pregnancies. I’m a fairly healthy person and the side effects wasn’t worth it for me. All of my are healthy none of then got whooping cough, RSV or any other infant sickness.
You might want to do your own research but I’m pretty sure the Dtap vaccine is only effective during an outbreak. But the way 2020 is going you might want to do it.

I did and made mine and my partners family get one as well if they wanted to see baby brforehis 6wk vaccines. Both families spend a lot of time around young kids and my partners family has a lot of kids in daycare so i wasn’t risking it.
I had no side effects from it

1 Like

NO! I’ve had 4 children and I never took anything other than a Tylenol (and that was when I really needed it for a migraine) y’all can say what y’all want about vaccines but that doesn’t take away front the fact that doctors are profiting off these vaccines at our expense. Big Pharma is real. My children are fine and they are in the ages of 6 months to 11 years old. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

Any side effects you may experience are far better than losing your baby to whooping cough!

2 Likes

Yes. No side effects.

2 Likes

My Aunt almost died as a child from whopping cough. So it wasn’t a question, I got the shot. Same with my siblings and cousins.
I think if you plan to vaccinate you child when they arrive, vaccination before is the same.

1 Like

Nope! 8 pregnancies and not once had that shot.

1 Like

I did and we both were fine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Didnt with the first did with the second but i dont notice a difference between the 2

I never did, and I never allowed sick people around my children. They will get the TDAP as one of their immunizations after they are are born.

It’s really up to you and your husband/family. Discuss it with your family.
I did with all three children. My doctor suggested it every pregnancy. But it’s up to you and if you fully trust your doctor.

Go look up ‘light for riley’ it’s a page on facebook. Go read about his story and the horrendous pain his parents had to endure watching him die and then decide.

2 Likes

Nope. My body and pregnancy was doing just fine without any vaccines so I didn’t get any.
Got it after my daughter was born.
I’m not an anti vaccine person.
They just gave me the option to either get it while I was pregnant or at the hospital.

I don’t getting anything other than flu shots and rhogam during my 2 pregnancies, but if they offered it, I’m sure I took it.

Yeah i got that and the flu shot when I was pregnant and I was fine no symptoms or never got sick either

1 Like

I was never vaccinated while being pregnant!

1 Like

I did and i had no issues

I got it and the only thing it did to me was gave me a knot where I received the shot for about a week.

Yes. All 3 pregnancies

With my 1st. Not with my last 2 though.

I literally get every shot, vitamin, supplement, and procedure my doctor’s recommend
6 healthy babies and no health issue for any of them

I had whooping cough and the flu vax at the same time. My kids are fully immunised. It’s not worth the risk to me

I got it as soon as I got out of the hospital. :woman_shrugging:

I received for all 3 pregnancies and made caregivers and family get it as well.

I received this at 29 weeks and had no complications. It is very much recommend.

I didn’t. I had a bad reaction to one of my booster vaccines in college and haven’t had a vaccine since.
They’re not safety tested on pregnant women so the risk outweighed the benefit for me anyway. Boosters are only needed every 10 years so there’s no reason to have one for every pregnancy either.
If your gut is telling you not to do it then don’t do it. Breastfeeding will provide your baby with all the antibodies they need after birth.

8 Likes

Also I’m sure your doctor said this but make sure people who will have contact with your new baby have all their vaccines up to date. So important

3 Likes

No, I declined any vaccination while I was pregnant with my first and will not get vaccines with this pregnancy either. My daughter is 2 and is healthy as can be. We took the obvious precautions. Wash hands, if you have a cough or runny nose stay home, no kissing, no getting in her face…

Do your own research! If you are second guessing something… follow your gut, Momma. Every body is different. The vaccine can definitely affect you differently than it has others.

6 Likes

I actually got it twice my last pregnancy.
I sliced open my finger before I even realized I was pregnant and I got it (for the tetanus vax part of it) and then later when I was supposed to lol

2 Likes

Yup, and so did my husband, and everyone who wanted to see our baby. Flu shot too

2 Likes

I got it with both pregnancies and didn’t have any side effects.

I didn’t receive it with my first but had to once I had my second or they wouldn’t let me take her home. If you are worried about the side effects while preg request to get it after delivery.

1 Like

Nope. I was advised against it during my first pregnancy because there weren’t any studies shown during pregnancy. I didn’t want to risk my daughter’s life.

Second pregnancy, it was still not recommended. So I didn’t get it.

Third pregnancy, apparently it was ‘okay’ do get while pregnant but I still declined it because no proof.

5 Likes

I had 3 pregnancies each 1 yr apart and they gave me one at each, even trying to force a second on me with my daughter. You can refuse it and I will be. I had low grade fever, headaches, cramps after mine (so mild effects)

I got it and everything was fine with my pregnancy. It helps to pass antibodies to the baby do they can be safe until they get their vaccines.

1 Like

I did with my last pregnancy but with my 1st 2 who are nearly 6 and 7 it wasn’t on the schedule. Think it came in just after my almost 6 year old was born.

No fecking way. Have you seen how many mommies have lost their babies shortly after getting it? Its INSANE and no one will admit its from the stupid shot. I would never put my babies at such a risk.
(My 6yr old had pertussis at 7 weeks of age, has a shitty immune system, and severe asthma and still kicked pertussis’s ass).
Look at the ingredients, those alone should make you turn your nose at this junk, but watching other moms loose their babies was even worse :frowning:

I got it with all three of my last babies. My husband even got it with our last one. There was no side effects they I could tell.

Not a chance in hell will I ever get it wasn’t suggested until this pregnancy and it’s my fourth. No vaccine is safety tested on pregnant woman as it’s unethical to test on pregnant women read the insert not the pamphlet and make the choice for yourself

9 Likes

I received mine after babes and prior to discharge from hospital. I have gotten 1 more since then. Never had issues. To each their own but we’re a pro vaccine family.

I got it with all my pregnancies and my arm was just sore that’s all

This must be something new, I don’t recall being asked to take a vaccine while pregnant. I would have refused any way.

1 Like

No I didn’t get any. I was high risk and had concerns about taking vaccines. My nerves were under lots of pressure from the baby’s weight my lip would randomly twitch which reminded me of when I briefly had Bell’s palsy. 3 doctors requested to have me to go a different doctor because i opted not to take the tdap. I had a healthy delivery and currently have a healthy 6 month old.

No I didn’t get any. I was high risk and had concerns about taking vaccines. My nerves were under lots of pressure from the baby’s weight; my lip would randomly twitch which reminded me of when I briefly had Bell’s palsy. 3 doctors requested to have me to go a different doctor because i opted not to take the tdap. I had a healthy delivery and currently have a healthy 6 month old.

I got it and my husband got a booster. Also anyone who wanted to see my son before his vaccine was required to have it or they couldn’t come into our home or hold him.

1 Like

I would never get a vaccine while pregnant. They are not tested for safety on pregnant women, and any pharmaceutical product that crosses the placenta should throw up automatic red flags for anyone considering they contain aluminum and all kinds of other ingredients that are not healthy for a developing fetus.

3 Likes

I have also never been offered it, in any of my pregnancies :woman_shrugging: I live in Canada, it only began being offered in the last few years, and we certainly weren’t having major outbreaks of pertussis before it was introduced so I don’t really understand the need personally.

2 Likes

I got it around 30 weeks with my 4th. My doctor said I needed it for my 10 year tetanus booster if I planned to breastfeed. Everything was fine.

Yes and nothing happened…My kids are fine…we are still ALIVE!!!

4 Likes

I got mine! And I got a flu shot since I was due in January. I don’t remember having any side effects that I noticed to either. I think I was due for a booster anyway!

2 Likes

I did mainly because there was an outbreak where I lived. I was in Utah and polygamist don’t vaccinate and their town next to us got hit severely.

I wanted my daughter to get some of the antibodies because I was due to pop soon.

1 Like

I asked everyone who would be around my newborn to get the whooping cough vaccine. It is really what you are comfortable with. I personally have an Autistic kid so all that vaccines cause ASD is a load of crap.

Yes all every time. No issues my children actually got shopping cough at 1 but because they had the shots TBH didn’t get as sick as whooping cough gets so glad we got it.

3 Likes