Do I have a right to be mad at my sons girlfriends parents for lying to me?

Look I have a girl and she is 17 (soon 18) and she just starting dating, all you can do is talk to them, and about not letting her come to your house I think you shouldn’t do that, I rather have them here and watch movies here that’s go anywhere else, they go out every weekend, my only rule is she need to be back by 9pm (usually they go out from 5-9pm) you were teen before and the more you prohibited the more they will want to do it…

3 Likes

Can I be honest here…as a mom I understand your concern however he is 14 now and should be well prepared for what ifs… instead of shunned and thought it’s wrong. Would you rather your son go behind your back and do things or be honest with you and not have to be afraid?

4 Likes

I understand being upset with the mom lying to you, that’s not okay at all. But, I would consider having a little faith in your son. Not saying letting him go wild, but if you try to keep him too sheltered he’ll rebel.

4 Likes

Well I had my boyfriend over when I was 15 and he wanted to do things even though I said it was a bad idea but it happened, we were suppose to be watching a movie. Got caught and then our parents talked it out and yeah, we broke up afterwards. He dumped me, I think it’s either because I got grounded or because he knew we wouldn’t be unsupervised again lol. Only so much, you can do. Just talk to him about protection and tell her parents that she can come over and you’ll watch them. :woman_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

All you are providing is what your son should and should not tell you and why. You are giving him every reason to never come to you with anything. I have 5 boys the oldest is 22 let me tell you if I chased him off and embarrassed him for hanging out with the opposite sex I would never know what went on in his life or any of my boys for that matter. Why not invite her to your home so you can monitor how they behave. Please loosen your reigns, it’s already proven you have raised a good young man, he told you he was honest. Embrace that and don’t chase it away!

2 Likes

At the end of the day is not a question about if somebody needs to agree with your parenting or not :woman_shrugging:t4:you spoke to another parent regarding rules and expectations when your son was at their house and she flat out lied to you! I wouldn’t trust him going over there again because you can’t trust the parents to be true to their words. 

2 Likes

Most good kids aren’t screwing around at 14. If your son is a good boy then u have nothing to freak out about.

6 Likes

First of you messed up by letting him have a girlfriend :rofl::rofl::rofl: that means all this is gonna happen

2 Likes

If you cant trust your own child with there girlfriend hiw do expect him to trust you end up being more sneaky in the end think carefully but smart enough to have that trust

6 Likes

I personally think you should encourage them to hang out at your house so you know what’s happening!!!
I get that your upset that the mom completely went out of her way to do what you didn’t want.
But I also feel your being a big realistic with your “no girls here and you can’t go their” rule.
Trust me. If they wanted to do something. They would find a way to make it happen!

13 Likes

Trying too hard to shelter your son almost never works out in your favor.

13 Likes

Consider the source of who you’re asking. I feel the same way you do about my boys. You’re doing a great job mom! I suggest waiting until she calls again and let her know that you cannot trust her word since she lied previously. Keep doing what you believe is right!

3 Likes

I was totally on your side thinking you wanted to prevent unwanted pregnancy than I hit the end of this to see your concern that no one can prove he didn’t touch her if she says he raped her. Now I’m convinced you don’t believe victims and assume women just make false accusations for funsies.So unfortunately I agreed you had and have a right to be upset but definitely NOT because the girl may make false accusations.

I totally understand how you feel. You cannot trust other people in this day & age. I was always the mom who would rather the kids came to my house, spent the night at my house etc. I would definitely bring it to her attention if she ever calls & wants him to go over. I would not let him go and tell her why.

I think your trying to do the right thing & keep your child safe from all the crazies in the world. I’d do the same thing.

3 Likes

my oldest Is 18 and I was like this …i’m going to warn you that if you control your kid too much, overbearing demanding and controlling …they will have difficulty feeling secure making decisions, being themselves and voicing what they feel becasue they lacked the support and autonomy… always walking on eggs shells, unable to express themselves in fear you would not approve them. Your hurting him more than you think. Give him space and autonomy to build healthy boundaries in himself and with others by trusting him that he’s a smart kid…he’s not stupid.:wink:

5 Likes

The girl’s mom should have respected you enough to do what was agreed on by chaperoning the kids. Also, he’s 14… it’s basically time he be interested in dating so maybe give a little and allow them to spend time together under your watchful eye. My husband and I started dating at 14… were 35 now! We primarily spent our early years at my parents house with other friends both male/female. Always at least 4-6 of us. We always had great communication and trust though, my parents and I. Plus my mom worked at our school so I wouldn’t dare act out or do anything to give her a bad name lol

2 Likes

Sorry, did you say he was 14 or 4? :upside_down_face:

9 Likes

Your rules apply no matter where your child is at and if the other parents don’t respect that then you have every right to not let your son go over there. It seems like more “other parents” have no respect for any rules set aside that you have for your own child. This is why there are so many disrespectful kids these days is because parents have no respect. I wouldn’t say anything to those parents. Just don’t let your son go over there anymore.

3 Likes

Keep in mind your son is 14 in 4 years he can leave and want nothing to do with you don’t make him hate you for being so over protective. Talk with him and teach him how to handle things instead of trying to just keep away from things due to your own fears.

6 Likes

Absolutely understand how you feel. Trust is important. However you can not guide if you alienate yourself from him. Compromise, don’t force them to hide from you. Good luck, hope things work out x

1 Like

I’d be pissed at the adult for lying. I think you have valid concerns about the girl getting mad in the future and making false accusations that could ruin a life; however, if you allow them to hang out at your home, YOU can supervise and maybe get to know her a bit better. Everybody wins.

2 Likes

I think you’re over reacting and being so strict on him/them will only encourage not for him to lie to you but also for him to go out of control at any opportunity he gets. Hes getting older and the older he gets, the less control youll have over him regardless of how much you try. At some point hes going to resent you for not allowing him to have his own life which even as a minor in your home, he deserves! And he cannot learn respect and responsibility if youre not willing to give him the opportunity to develop that. I think the most important thing here is building a trustworthy relationship where hes comfortable confiding in you and coming to you in difficult situations and talking about consent and safety because realistically, he is a boy growing into a man and thinga you dont want happening WILL inevitably happen with or without your approval

3 Likes

You have every right to be concerned and your points are all valid. I would not call the mom. Just wait until they invite him over again and that’s when you can call her in her lying. But that was so disrespectful of her to lie to you and for what?!?? Good luck!

2 Likes

I personally think that the mother of the daughter lying to you was uncalled for,but maybe she didn’t do it intentionally. On the other hand your son came home and told you the truth and that should count for something. As far as the rules …it’s your child so your rules but honestly you have to start trusting them at some point. If you think holding him hostage is going to stop encounters then you are wrong. He will just get better at lying and hiding it and that will cause a wedge between yall. We want to raise our children so they are willing to come to us with their issues and concerns but if you flip on him over a casual encounter of watching TV then most likely he isn’t going to come to you with the big stuff. We were all teens once and this is his childhoods…maybe give him some freedom with boundaries that have been discussed and explain consequences for those if broken. We forget that our children have feelings and are going thru changes and etc and need social outlets as well.

5 Likes

I do understand the reaction bc I know how 14 year Olds can be. I knew 2 girls personally who were pregnant at 14. But instead of going off the deep end and pushing him farther away, make sure he has condoms or knows to use them should that end up happening. Not condoning it but better to be safe than sorry. Having her come over on your turf would be a great idea!

4 Likes

Yes, I think you’re over the top with them not being able to hang out at his house or your house. That just means they’re unsupervised out on the street hanging out with each other. You think kids don’t have sex in parks and stuff? Lol I got news for ya…

BUT… you are NOT overreacting to the parents behavior. Even if they don’t agree with your style they have to accept it. Period. If they don’t then yes, I would not allow him there but I was definitely invite her in! Let them sit on the couch and watch a movie or play a game… let her sit at your dinner table and eat. Engage and have conversations with the both of them. He will appreciate your support and she will appreciate your welcoming and supportive nature. It won’t completely stop them in their tracks from doing anything when you’re not around but at least they’ll give it some heavy consideration. Having a rule though that she’s not allowed there and he’s not allowed at her house because they won’t be supervised is pretty silly considering, as I said, anywhere else they’re not going to be supervised. Friends houses, parks, shoot even cemeteries… they have all the opportunities in the world.

I wouldn’t call. I would just know I can’t trust her to respect my wishes and know I can’t trust her word moving forward. The only person you can control is yourself.

Also, everyone has different interpretations of things.

I’m understanding that supervised to you means to tape your eyelids open, not blink and never look away from them. Direct line of sight.

Maybe her interpretation of being supervised is just parents being in the home… within ear shot.

Everyone is different.

2 Likes

I have 5 daughters 32-17. That said they always had friends here. I or dad always knew what was going on. No teen pregnancies, no drugs no drinking!
THANK GOD!!!

5 Likes

Chill out … remember being that age … jeez

1 Like

Touchy question I’m about to say here just hear me out…… do you trust your son??? The reason for this question is one you can’t live in fear love… I’m not saying your feelings aren’t valid I get that cause duh you’re his mom and as his mom it’s ok to worry. Have boundaries have a few set rules but don’t overstep because TRUST plays a huge factor in this… second this may cause him to think he isn’t worthy of your trust. Lastly her parents sit down with them one on one in person and discuss what those rules and boundaries are so they are well aware for his safety and your concerns and vice versa. Don’t feel like your feelings aren’t valid but how can things work and your son grow if you don’t communicate. :woman_shrugging:t3: no hate here just friendly advice

1 Like

Then maybe you should’ve let her come to your house? Strict parents create sneaky kids. My dad was super strict, so I did everything he wouldn’t let me. My mom not strict at all and I didn’t care to do any of those things. Weird how that works but it does.

37 Likes

It’s a tough world to be a boy’s parents right now. Yes, the girl cpuld say anything. It used to be the hoys would say things and ruin the girl’s reputation.
I am sure this girl’s parents see what happened as they were chaperoned. I think the best thing you can do would be have a conversation with your son about being responsible. I don’t mean condoms. I mean responsible for himself. If your rule is not alone, he needs to be responsible. He may think he is inlove and she will never be mad at him. But if she is, she could make accusations. Responsible for his actions.
My daughter had her first boyfriend at 14. His parents were much more allowable than i was. Their only requirement was he had to keep his grades up. I required group dates; movies with other kids, dinner at the mall, any school events. They were together a year.

1 Like

It’s hard with teens. They find all kinds of ways to do stuff, and everyone always says the more we push the worse they’ll try and act out and i totally understand being strict. That last part though was something to think about. You never know what could transpire or what her parents could blame him for. Idk, maybe it was best to not allow him to have a girlfriend yet until another year or so if it’s too stressful right now?

Going through kinda the same thing. My 13 year old has a bf and he’s allowed to come over to my house bc I’m watching but I won’t allow her to go over there bc idk that those parents are on the same page as me.

4 Likes

Time to cut some of the apron strings or you’re going to have an extremely isolated, resentful teen. You need to instill trust in HIM. Extremely strict parenting leads to very sneaky kids. Snip some apron string length pronto!

16 Likes

I think if you want to know what’s going on you should let her come over and you chaperone so this problem doesn’t occur. Problem solved

9 Likes

Well considering we where that age. You want to be a helicopter mom it is going to get worse. They will go do it behind your back. Those are the kids that get pregnant at 15 because of the way you are.

My 14 year and girlfriend are at my house almost every day! Watch movies, go to movies are very RESPECTFUL!! Open and honest. But you what your doing good luck :joy:

9 Likes

Oof, you’re just gonna make sh** worse by being so over protective, honestly. Sneaking behind your back, doing stuff anyway… better to establish a good relationship/trust with your child.

6 Likes

You have a valid concern. My son was actually accused of rape when he was 9 years old and the girl was 7. It was my “best friends” daughter we were always together my son and daughter and her 3 daughters. It took so much and $15,000.00 to make sure he didn’t go to jail for LIFE!! Keep him away!! It still ended up ruining my sons life and he dropped out of school at 16. And then we lost him at 25. PROTECT your son at all costs. I failed mine don’t fail yours.

You are setting him up to lie and sneak around in the near future :cry: You should definitely be upset with the parents and I totally get not letting him go over there again. BUT, you should let them hangout at your house, where they can be properly supervised (according to your comfort). :grinning:

4 Likes

You have to loosen the leash a little bit to see if you can trust him now and as he gets older. Keeping him choked on the leash will just backfire as he gets older cuz then he knows he has to lie to hang out with friends or girlfriends… I had boyfriends that young and my dad gave me the chance and I had respect for him and the last thing I wanted to do was make him mad or lose his trust.how old is he going to be before you let him grow live and learn… I’m saying this and I have an 18 year old son, I felt how you do before. so I understand all things possibilities going through your head…

5 Likes

I understand you being upset because she lied to you, that was not okay. I do think you’re overreacting about spending time with a girl, though. If a teenager feels you don’t trust them, they’ll just do stuff behind your back and not tell you. Encourage communication and a give take relationship with your son. I had a kid at 17, I wasn’t allowed to have a boyfriend and hang out with boys. That didn’t work out well for my mom, I just didn’t tell her what I was doing and I wasn’t truthful about who I was with because she kept a tight leash on me. I found ways around her rules. With my children, I allow their “boyfriend or girlfriend” to come to my house. I allow them to go out to movies and dinner, normally in a group. I show them that I trust them and will continue to until they give me a reason not to. I bought my sons condoms when they got a girlfriend, I encouraged abstinence but I also encouraged safe sex if that’s what they chose to do. Everyone parents differently and you do what you think is best for your child but I just encourage you to look at the big picture.

1 Like

Kids make bad choices everyday and I feel if they wanted to they would find a way with or without your consent…be humble in knowing you have a good son who is raised well.

4 Likes

Oh chill out fck me days talk about overboard

3 Likes

It sounds like ur just controlling and doing too much. Take a deep breath. Ur gonna push him in the wrong direction being so over bearing

2 Likes

So coming from someone who’s parents were like this, being over bearing is only gonna make him resent it or find ways to do it anyway. I’d rather my son trust me and be open with me. I can’t imagine not letting him go to her house or her to come to us.

5 Likes

You don’t even let your 14 year old go eat dinner at a girls house???

He’s going to resent you for being so strict on him. If you have that much of an issue with it, have the girl come over to your house so you actually know what’s going on.

But just an FYI, being THIS overly strict will just make him rebel against you and resent you.

29 Likes

I would just have them over at your house from now on. You can’t keep teenagers apart when they want to be together and by having these strict rules you’re likely going to end up with your son sneaking out to see her, being lied to, and a bunch of unwanted consequences. My good friend in middle school was dating another one of my good friends and she would literally have me sleep at her house so she could sneak out and meet him, she continually snuck out to see him even when I wasn’t sleeping over, and ended up pregnant at 15 years old. I was also sexually active very young, but the difference is my Mom put my on birth control when I asked and made a safe space for me to open up about having sex. I’m not trying to tell you how to parent, but you may want to seriously reevaluate these rules to avoid future issues.

Ohh I feel so bad for your son, your probably embarrassingly overprotective. He’s gonna run away if you don’t ease up on the kid.

23 Likes

Dont ever assume the worst when it comes to raising children especially teenagers. If you specifically asked the parents to make sure they would be looked after then be upset at the parents. Don’t punish your son because they did something you didn’t like, He obviously has a good relationship with you or he wouldn’t tell you anything that went on. You need to grow as a parent and mature as he matures. Be the parent he can tell anything and everything to for comfort and support. Don’t make him hide it because he is afraid. Adapt or he will pull away so far all you can do is worry.

7 Likes

If I were you I would allow her to come to your home and see him that way you know what’s going on. I would definitely be calling her and asking her why she would lie to you and she would feel if you did it to her! But that just the type of person i am. Also yes he is only 14 however you don’t want him to feel like he can’t come to you and start telling you lies because he may become rebellious and you don’t want that to happen

2 Likes

You’re too strict. I understand your concerns, but at the end of the day they’re still going to find time to see each other. Also it might make your son more unwilling to come to you in the future regarding things like this.

7 Likes

If the parents were in the house and not far away, that is chaperoned… Just because they didn’t want to watch the same program doesn’t mean the mom wasn’t popping in and out checking up on them. He’s 14, you have to start trusting him to make the right choices. And it seems to me that he’s a good kid, because he came home and was completely honest about it. Ease up. I doubt the mom meant any harm…

7 Likes

If you refuse to allow it to happen it will happen behind your back. You are being way too strict imo.

2 Likes

Oh dear, you have set yourself up for disaster.
You need to lighten up. Invite the girl , have faith in your son.
( or sadly were you sneaky?)

4 Likes

I think you’re right for being upset that you were lied to. I wouldn’t say anything to the Mom or your son. If the Mom calls and asks you again to have him over I would explain that you had said expressly that you didn’t want the kids unsupervised. And your son said they watched tv in the basement alone. I would not accuse her of lying to you. I would just state that was what you were told when your son got home. Then say so you are not comfortable.
I will say that I do agree with others that being very rigid and inflexible will lead to your son being secretive and dishonest in order to see her possibly. So maybe it’s a good idea to invite her over instead where you can control the situation and supervise

2 Likes

Oh my! I did not know people like you still existed?! Is it still the 1940’s?? Wow.

7 Likes

So I get being concerned but if you try to stop him from seeing her at all then you will push him away and he will find a way. I’m sure the parents didn’t give them condoms and send them downstairs. You should have some trust in your son to be fair… Not sure why you are so untrusting. Reexamine yourself and see…

3 Likes

Telling him he can not date her because HE was honest with you will teach him NOT to tell you things and to be sneaky if he wants to do something. You are planning on punishing him because your mad at HER parents. Teenage years are hard but your starting it off on the wrong foot. If you want an open and honest relationship with your son you need to learn a little about compromise. You don’t want him alone with a girl? Then tell him they can only hangout at YOUR house so you know what goes on. It’s a little late to set up a “no dating until “” age” rule. Don’t punish him because he was honest with you, it will only lead to lies and sneaking around as he gets older. THAT BEING SAID, those parents are incredible wrong for lying to you like that. Again, that doesn’t mean you should punish your son.

4 Likes

I feel bad for your kids

6 Likes

Wow I can’t believe so many people here are missing the point. She did NOT ask for an opinion on her rules/ if she’s to strict. She asked if she should confront a PARENT/ADULT that deliberately lied to her violating her rules for her child. As an adult as a parent to lie & purposely violated another parent’s boundaries about their child is crossing the line. How can you ever trust them now because it’s obvious they will lie to you for their own benefit. It doesn’t matter if we think she’s to strict it’s HER KID!!

3 Likes

Damn so it’s not him you don’t trust it’s the fact you think a girl is going to lie on him. Wow

What other people would do is irrelevant. These are YOUR RULES. your son knew them, he broke them. I’d keep them apart a week minimum as a punishment imo. As for parents, next time, I’d calmy and respectfully say I’m sorry, but you went against your word. He can no longer come over. The end.
I disagree about parents saying you’re way too strict. You’re correct. He can be accused of anything. Or they actually have sex, get pregnant. Drink/drugs… Obviously the parents don’t care so you need To.
Freedom is a privilege. He needs to earn it with maturity, honesty, responsibility.
I think parents are TOO lax nowadays. 14 y.o’s act and dress 21… He’s your CHILD, so your judgment is all that matters.

you have the right to bd mad she lied. But you need to give him more freedom, if you are soo afraid of them being alone then let her go over. Also if you think they’ll do anything that could get her pregnant make sure he knows how to use a rubber. But keeping him so locked down will only make him sneak and that’s never good.

2 Likes

I can feel your concern

3 Likes

It don’t have anything about trusting her son,it’s she can’t trust a lier and that’s what her mom is.you have your rules and stick to them,sounds like your a great mom a d keep up the good work and next time when she’s calls tell her you know she lied.

4 Likes

Strict parents breed sneaky children… #ProTip

17 Likes

You are way overreacting , it was dinner and movies. Why can’t she come over to your house? You would be able to supervise since you are so against him going to hers. You are being way to strict. It will backfire on you in the long run.

13 Likes

I wouldn’t call but I wouldn’t allow him over there again. And I totally agree with the fear of accusations. A 14-year-old girl got mad at my 17-year-old son for not dating her and started a rumor that he sexually assaulted her. We had to get an order of protection and file a police report. We found out she did it to one person before him and two others after him. You never can be too careful.

5 Likes

If they are going to have S. They will find a way. With or without an adult.
You are extremely too strict.
A simple dinner and hang out can’t even happen. That’s not right.
Don’t let him/her stay the night. But dinner and a movie on the couch ain’t that bad.
Watching movies in the basement while mom and dad are upstairs, ain’t bad.
If you are going to be THAT strict, might as well tell him no dating period.

As far as being lied too, yes, I’d be a little upset. But at the end of the day, he is safe and was in his girlfriends house.

There is NOTHING wrong with setting boundaries. But coming off as controlling isn’t right. Unhook the leash JUST a little bit. Trust him until he gives you a reason not too.

3 Likes

Strict parents create sneaky kids :woman_shrugging:t2: Quit being a helicopter mom. Learn to trust your kid.

30 Likes

Proceed with caution, Mom… I was overly protective of my children, and my middle child (now 25) bolted when he turned 18, and moved in with friends. He now lives with his girlfriend, her kids and grandkid, 20 minutes away, and hasn’t spoken a single word to me, my husband, or my youngest son (who is 16 now) in two and a half years.

6 Likes

You’re OVERBEARING!!!

9 Likes

Wow. Loosen the reigns a little. Why do you not trust your kid?

8 Likes

They obviously trust your son and it sounds like you should also.

7 Likes

As far as her parents go, they outright lied to you. They broke your trust and therefore they have proven they cannot be trusted to chaperone your child in the future.
As for your son I’m not going to tell you how to raise him. I will say that sometimes when you are overly strict they will rebel. I see nothing wrong with saying you can’t date until this age __& or that you (your child) will have to be chaperoned, to an extent. But if you are allowing him to date I don’t see why she couldn’t come over.

3 Likes

Blind leading the blind and babies raising babies that’s why this world is the way it is! But I say stop being so strict because if there’s a will there’s a way and there will always be a way facts that

3 Likes

Nah momma I feel u. I would NOT let my daughter go over her “boyfriends” house unchaperoned. Absolutely not. So when she falls pregnant yall in the comments would’ve been like see u shouldve been watching him blah blah blah. U DO U MOMMA. I would be furious!! U keep doin wat ur doing.

14 Likes

Trust that you raised your son right. He’s 14 back off a bit. Be open with him or you’re gonna lose him and he won’t tell you anything. The next 4 years are going to go quick. Spend this time helping him come into his own. He’s about to be grown. :two_hearts:

7 Likes

For fuck sakes are you trying to make your kid resent you? because by the sounds of it you have no reason for saying no apart from the fact she’s a female? They are going to do what they want and find ways around things, wait until he’s 18 but instead of coming to you with honesty and confidence that you will help he’s going to hide things and lie and your going to have an awful time rebuilding that relationship. Good luck to you, also the parents probably agree your overreacting hence why they just said yes to keep ya craziness happy knowing they are good kids and trusting them to be young adults……

Maaaaan. I have a friend who’s parent was like you and that chick is crazy now lol they are gonna do what they want to anyways… let him live. He’s 14. He ain’t a monk.

6 Likes

Your son has given you no reason to not trust him. You are being extremely over bearing and controlling. Where there is a will, there is a way. All you’re doing is teaching him to be sneaky and that he can’t talk to you.

24 Likes

You havs have every right to be ropeable
I would have gone ballistic
Ban them from coming to each other’s house

2 Likes

Wow, you are overreacting!

5 Likes

My strict rule was.no dating until I was 16. That is the same rule I have for my kids. My 14 yr old son is not allowed to talk to girls on his cellphone due to the naked photos my friends have had to deal with their kids. I would be super pissed off also!

5 Likes

She clearly said she trust her kid it’s the girl she doesn’t trust. She clearly has every right not to because clearly the girls mother is a liar!!!

8 Likes

Is your reasoning he’s too young or because you think a girl is going to lie and say he did something to her he shouldn’t? Because those are on opposite sides of the spectrum. If you think he’s too young that’s your call as his mother but you allowed him to go in the first place he’s 14 he won’t be supervised 100% of the time. You have to trust him and trust you raised him with good intentions and to make smart choices. If you think he’s too young don’t allow him to go over there. I went to school with a bunch of people whose parents didn’t let them date until the were 16 or even 18. But I will tell you they did anyways. They just snuck around and did it. Still lost their virginity etc. Just remember sometimes the tighter the hold on them at this age and the more they feel like they’re not trusted or have privileges taken either way they will rebel.

Now to address the last part … What??? You can’t raise him with that fear. You teach him to be respectful of women and about consent. Past that it’s out of your control. Why is the first thing you think is he’s along with a girl for a movie and shes possibly going to lie about sexual assault?

Lastly do not call that girls parents. Your son went over with your permission , over there he was given permission by adults to go to the basement to hang out. He was honest with you about it. If you call and start drama with his girlfriends parents you lose his trust. You lose him feeling like he can talk to you. And you cause resentment and if he really cares for this girl and it causes them problems he won’t trust you about relationships in the future.

7 Likes

Why don’t you trust your son?

6 Likes

You’re doing way too much!! Fall back a bit! I have a 14 year old daughter. ID rather her have any gender friends over to the house where I know that they’re safe then out somewhere else sneaking around!! My house of a safe place for anyone to come to… do better!

3 Likes

You need to chill the fuck out and cut the cord. Holy shit. He’s not a baby anymore. Whether they’re at each other’s house or not you’ve just made it that he’ll never come to you and they’ll sneak around behind your back.

you do what you think is right for your child no one else is there to take care of him just you you can ask the internet but you will just get multiple opinions that don’t matter cause in reality they ain’t there in your situation so you do what you think is right for your son this world isn’t safe

3 Likes

Wow, you need to chill

7 Likes

You are not wrong about the lying to you part, I think you’re wrong about the not trusting your son part. He’s 14, you can talk to him, you need to, because the more he knows, the best he’ll understand. As they’ve said here: strict parents raise sneaky children. Quit trying to control your teenager and instead communicate with him.

2 Likes

I would understand them not being honest and you being upset but you need to teach your son and let him make his choices. Personally I would give him condoms and he can say when he needs more. Kids will do it regardless.

2 Likes

If she could come to your house?..they could be chaperoned like you want.
You’ve already made her feel unwelcome for this one though…

5 Likes

Over react much? If u trust your son you wouldn’t be worrying about what they are doing

5 Likes

Yeah you are over the top and its going to bite you in the a**… This sounds ridiculous honestly.yes hes 14 but hes not a baby.You have to give him trust and a bit of freedom.Hes going to do what hes going to do.But if you werent so over bearing then youd know the moves hes making because he woudnt feel like he has to hide everything from you.
Lady take a breath and relax🤦‍♀️

10 Likes

It’s not that serious

3 Likes

I’m gonna be the odd one out here I guess but…

I see why you’re upset. All opinions aside, regardless of what I believe in or how I parent - you’re 100% correct on the last statement you made in regards to her being touched or accusing him of something inappropriate happening that she didn’t “consent” to. I get it. I talk to my son about that all the time. Unfortunately, we can only control so much. We naturally have to give them freedom at some point - driving a car, going out with friends, etc. It’s going to happen. We can’t be everywhere even if we’d like to be :face_holding_back_tears: talk to him about it. Just so he understands your POV. But in return, you must also understand that he’s growing up even though he will forever be your sweet innocent baby in your mind. :sparkling_heart: I do understand your frustration regarding the parents. If those are your rules, it doesn’t matter what any of us say. They broke YOUR rule with YOUR son and that’s something you shouldn’t have to be ok with.

6 Likes

He’s going to start lying to you and sneaking around. You already don’t trust him. He’s not going to have any reason to trust you.

5 Likes