Do I have a right to be upset my boyfriends ex still buys him things?

Idk. My ex and I split when our 21 year old was 4. I still think of him when I see Star Wars stuff at goodwill, and have even bought things for my daughter to give to him when she likes whatever I saw. :woman_shrugging: I don’t love him, but she does and that’s important still to me

15 Likes

Chill. Its good for their child to see this.

4 Likes

Chill tf out
THEY have a HEALTHY friendship and co-parenting relationship

4 Likes

It sounds like she is at least encouraging of his growth/well being if she is buying him books. Shit, my ex wouldn’t even let me read books when we were together because any time I tried to do something I enjoyed or didn’t usually do, I was apparently doing so because I was “being encouraged by other women”.

I would feel the same as you - it’s hard to tell with some things. It could be genuine and harmless what she’s doing OR it could be her trying to low key flirt or whatever you want to call it. Until there’s more to it I wouldn’t worry too much right now. Just to save yourself the stress. If something else is going on you’ll find out soon enough

1 Like

This personally would not bother me. If they wanted eachother they would have stayed together lol

4 Likes

I buy my ex husband a birthday, Christmas and Father’s Day gift but it’s from my kids.

Other than that no that’s weird and crossing the line.

l g­e­t p­a­ld o­v­e­r $ 13­0 per hour w­0­r­king f­rom h­0me. l­ never ­t­­­h­o­u­ght I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 14714 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Info Here >>> https://jobnowonline52.netlify.app/

Make it a book exchange then maybe it wouldn’t be weird for you? It’s healthy co-parenting which is better for everyone, including you, at the end of day. However, the stories are a bit much, and I would get annoyed if it was all of the time. When she starts with this is what we did when we were together, you say well this is what we do now and take the lead with your story. Try find common ground with her. She might even start buying you gifts! Give him a list of what you like next time giiiiiirl :rofl::rofl: Your feelings are valid, you brought it up to him, and he said there’s nothing to worry about. Trust him until there’s not a reason to do so. There’s no point in making yourself upset, I promise. I’ve been there, and now I find better ways to deal with awkward situations, otherwise I let my anxiety take over and it just ruins everything haha :upside_down_face::woozy_face:

4 Likes

It would definitely bother me i would definitely have a conversation about it with your spouse

We used to go watch my stepson play football and we always sat with his ex which never bothered me. After a while she would always reminisce and talk only to him. After a few games of the reminiscing and me being almost non existent, I got up and went to the bathroom and came back and sat in a spot away from them. I put him in a weird position but I told him I was done being a third wheel and they can feel free to leave the past in past. Once I said it he understood and we started sitting a little further away and of course she took issue with me. Oh well….

1 Like

I don’t know that there’s anything to worry about. They talk openly in front of you. They are getting along and that’s good for their daughter. She’s in a relationship of her own. I think you’re ok. I think you’ll know if something shady comes up.

4 Likes

Please don’t mess up a good co parenting relationship because of jealousy. If they wanted to be together they would be together.

20 Likes

It’s good they’re still friends as long as they are just friends

2 Likes

In this day and time if they can co-parent this well be grateful! It’s very healthy for the child to see and a win win for everyone!

6 Likes

Sounds like 2 friends with history sharing memories & gifts. When I’m at thrift stores & see something that reminds me of someone I buy it for them too. I think you’re reading too much into it.

4 Likes

Why don’t u start buying her random little things as well as a thank you. Maybe she’ll stop doing it. Lol

3 Likes

Ask her to buy you stuff. Tf :joy_cat::joy_cat::joy_cat:

5 Likes

how about you buy her MAN stuff…see how she likes that…youve met him…is he nice?..you can use the excuse …well lm not happy to see him missing out on gifts.l wonder how your boy friend will feel about this attention towards him.lts often better to make a silent point so you dont seem like the jealous new girl :slightly_smiling_face: …l happen to agree with you…there’s a fine line ex’s shouldnt cross. Does your boyfriend buy her anything??..my new hubby of 8 yrs his 40yr old daughter tried on the wedding albums poked under my nose when l first met her…l knew exactly why she did it…still controlling her father and didnt want me in the road. Lucky for me l like photos and didnt react the way she hoped

7 Likes

I have been married for almost 3 years and madly in love with my husband. My ex with whom I share an 11 year old is single and has been since I left several years ago. When he gives me money to school shop for our son he will sometimes ask me to get him something he needs. He has severe social anxiety and just doesn’t go in stores. No meaning behind it. I do not want him in any way. Today as I was picking my son up I told my son a funny story about his dad breaking his hand and the events surrounding it. We all laughed and the joy in my sons eyes was priceless. Again I have zero interest in anything romantic or sexual etc. So I’m not saying your situation is harmless but it very well could be. If that’s the only thing that is real problem in the whole situation I would look past it. Or be funny like someone mentioned above and start buying her weird little things :rofl:

4 Likes

So sorry dear! But your wrong here. My ex and I buy stuff for each other, we do things for each others and we are always there for each other. However I see him as a brother or dad now! He sees me as a mom that keeps his butt in line! We have ZERO sexual interest in one another! I buy my ex shoes still to this day. Mostly because he won’t buy them himself. And I won’t let him go without! He bought me over food when needed, money, anything we need we do for each other. Happily divorced for 10 years. And never looking back!!!

They have a good relationship leave it alone.

4 Likes

They have a child together. She will be part of his life long after you have broken up.

8 Likes

As far as the bringing up stories, do you think she’s trying to find something to connect with you on? Since he’s something you have in common then maybe she’s just trying to make conversation.

2 Likes

I’m currently in a happy relationship and my ex husband still buys me things he thinks I’ll like :sweat_smile:

l g­e­­t p­­a­ld o­v­e­­­r $ 13­0 per hour w­­0­r­king f­­­ro­m h­0me. l­ never ­t­­h­o­u­ght I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 14714 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Info Here >>> https://jobnowonline72.netlify.app/

I don’t see anything wrong with it. That is the father of her child. Exs don’t all have to be nasty and hate each other.

4 Likes

Maybe it’s just a healthy coparenting relationship? She sees something he could get a good read from and pays 50cents for it. No big deal, maybe they don’t actually hate each other? If you have no other worries about him, quit trippin.

Does her man come to drop offs and pick ups ? He’s fine with it ? Call her out.

1 Like

Hmmmmm she’s pushing it. Special occasion like fathers day I might be ok but just because. NOPE.
JUST BECAUSE I SAID SO… TAKE YOU BUTT AGE YOUR GIFT THE HELL OR IF MY WAY AND GO BACK TO YOUR 20!

I honestly think that it is so normal for exs with children to hate each other, that when people can do it normally people glorify them. There’s a difference between being able to co parent, and crossing boundaries when both are in a relationship. If your not comfortable with this kind of thing, it should be addressed and stopped. I don’t think they should be reminiscing on their failed marriage. Something seems off, but I do think it’s great they aren’t enemies but if your moved on from the relationship you should be buying your child stuff, not your ex husband in a new relationship.

1 Like

We’ll technically they’re family… they have kids together so that means they’re a family now and forever. Unless she’s putting moves on him and flirting with him then I wouldn’t be to worried. I think it’s nice they get along rather then arguing and being bitter toward each other.

5 Likes

I know I’m a little petty & jealous sometimes when it comes to my man but I’m trying to be better :joy: I think initially this kind of thing would bother me as well but if I stopped & thought about it rationally, I know I’d get over it. She’s not single trying to win him back. Like others have said, if they wanted to be together they would be. Good, genuine co-parenting relationships are few & far between… would you rather they hated each other & fought all the time? It’s good for the child, which is all their relationship is about at this point. It’s good for their child that their mother still values their father.

2 Likes

I read your post a few times
Tbh I don’t see a problem with it

1 Like

l g­e­­t p­­a­ld o­v­e­­­r $ 13­0 per hour w­­0­r­king f­­­ro­m h­0me. l­ never ­t­­h­o­u­ght I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 14714 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Info Here >>> https://jobnowonline83.netlify.app/

How would he feel if it was you getting gifts from your ex…ask him

2 Likes

Gift giving is her love language. If you trust him, then there’s nothing to worry about.

2 Likes

I don’t know…it would probably bug me at first but if I stopped and realized the details - like her being in her own relationship - it wouldn’t bother me as bad. If I’m completely honest I’m a gift giver myself and not just to people I know and love. When I’m mad or stressed sometimes I give really thoughtful gifts and make it a point to do elaborate gift wrapping to the person I’m having conflict with. It’s soothing to me, almost like waving a white flag. I’m weird, I know, but it’s really helped out a lot in my adult years to mend/make stronger healthier relationships out of enemies.

4 Likes

It would be annoying to me, but then again my ex’s dad still buys me things and we’ve been apart for 12 years. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Talk to the boyfriend and see what he thinks about it? :laughing:

l g­e­­t p­­a­ld o­v­­e­­­r $ 13­0 per h­our w­­0­r­king f­­­ro­m h­0me. l­ ne­ver ­t­­h­o­u­ght I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 14714 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

Info Here >>> https://jobnowonline94.netlify.app/

Let it go, if you want to stay with him. She sounds like just maybe she enjoys buying stuff for him. Or maybe she enjoys needling you. As long as they aren’t seeing each other secretly let it go. They have history and a daughter in the past… you have the future make it what you want.

Tell her to buy you something too :joy:

6 Likes

It sounds like they still have a good friendship and still care about and respect each other which is a good thing since they have to be in each other’s lives forever. Sounds like they’ve both moved on romantically so I wouldn’t think anything of it.

6 Likes

Don’t sweat the small stuff.

I think people should be mindful about the ex’s new partners and take a step back with the ‘friendliness’. If it upsets you, then your partner and his ex need to respect that. You’re not being unreasonable here. I would question that too. Boundaries are healthy.

5 Likes

I think pick your battles. Jealousy can KILL a marriage. Let it go.

5 Likes

Also. The fact that his daughter can rest assured there’s no hatred going on is priceless.

2 Likes

Some people can stay friends after a failed relationship. Friends sometimes buy each other gifts if they see something and think they they would like this. When you are married so long it becomes habit to pick up favorite things of the other person. Some habits are hard to break. If they have a healthy co parenting situation and keep it at that and friends there is not issue. Some people just aren’t meant to be together. She has a new man, u have yours.

2 Likes

Sounds like they’re still good friends, which is a good thing for their daughter. Try not to worry unless he gives you a reason to worry.

1 Like

I had a boyfriend the next-door female bought him a Christmas present for about 400.00 I only spent about 50.00 I begged him more than once to returned it because of the price difference I’ m his girlfriend

1 Like

Sounds like she is jealous. Sometimes people realize that they made a mistake and resolve it with a divorce instead of working out their problems. Must have been some affection that has overcome their differences and makes co-parenting easier for the child.

You aren’t married, so it’s really not your business who gives him gifts.

3 Likes

I didn’t read the whole story BUT, I have been divorced from my exhusband since our daughters were little. I ALWAY made sure there was christmas, birthday and fathers days presents from them to him. He is still their father even though we are divorced and taught them that giving was far more important then anything else. We always stayed civil for their sake because OUR issues with each other werent THEIR issues with each of us. He also now gets gifts from me for the grandchildren. I just feel it’s the right thing to do for them to see!

6 Likes

I’d tell her to stop with the stories. And leave them to the books she buys him

1 Like

You never mentioned how long you have been dating your bf…but i personally think he was the one who left the marriage that is why she brings up the past and doesnt quite want to let go…but she be bringing up the past and talking about it with you to make you jealous…if it doesnt bother him getting gifts from her i wouldnt worry about it and i would let it go…i dont think he thinks twice about it…and if he had any feelings for her in that way he definitely wouldnt be bringing you with him for pick ups and drop offs…
If she starts bringing up the past while you are standing there all you have to do is say excuse me i will just wait outside and go outside…you shouldnt have to be polite and listen to all her past crap about them its probably uncomfortable as hell…and not cool…or you smile and say excuse me babe i will just wait outside while you two reminisce …if he says anything to you, you just smile and say you find it a little awkward standing there listening to her talk about the things you used to do together when you were married…so its easier for you to wait outside so you two can chat…if he says you are thinking too much into it you say its way easier to just not hear it…but you can stay and chat with her and reminisce…no big deal…that should put an end to that awkward moment…good luck sweetie and have a good life with your bf

1 Like

I think you’re forgetting they were once so close. They grew together and learned everything about eachother. So she still has a friendship with him and sees a book or a gift and thinks, oh such and such would love this!
I think its a sweet coparenting friendship. Nothing more.

7 Likes

It sounds like they have an amazing friendship which I envy in all honesty.

6 Likes

Grow up!
As long as everyone gets along and respects others thats what matters. Dont like the stories then get up and walk away or tell her it bothers you.

4 Likes

Just ignore her…she might just be trying to reminsce. Unless she flirts with him or something of that nature.best just to let it go for now. And ask him how he feels about the gifts. Maybe have him call her and ask her nicely…you really don’t need to but me gifts…not necessary…

If it was me I’d ask him to call her and l

I’d ask her man how he feels about her buying her ex gifts as a starting point to sort my thoughts…

2 Likes

No ex should be buying her ex gifts. Not right. She needs to let it go…buy gifts for her spouse or whomever she’s with. She is trying to make you jealous. And you have the right to let her know how you feel…

7 Likes

Its her way of showing him that she still loves and cares and thinks about him. Do what you will with that info.

4 Likes

Don’t feel jealous! Tell her to add you on her shopping list too🤨

5 Likes

Maybe you should work on your self-esteem

7 Likes

in his mind he’s thinking ouuu free stuff he’s not thinking into it because he doesn’t need to

1 Like

My bf and his ex of 7 years and mother of his child are very good friends. She still buys him birthday presents (from their son technically) and Father’s Day gifts. I love her and see her as family and don’t mind at all. Some relationships just work better as friends, maybe that’s the case for them

2 Likes

Nope, because you’ll start getting cool stuff from her too maybe? Idk. It’s good that they get along like that for the kid, if things get too uncomfortable when they talk about their past don’t be afraid to awkwardly talk too! I would be. I’m a giving person and I would hope when she accepts you that she will include you on little trinkets and stuff. It is a hard world to navigate for awhile, hugs.

I’d ask where my books were?

2 Likes

I mean depends on what the things are. My ex and I coparent and help each other out with things we need for our son once in a while. Anything else isn’t ok

1 Like

She shouldn’t be buying him anything and he surly shouldn’t be excepting them. They are NOT in a relationship. She needs to move on and you need to set boundaries and TELL YOUR MAN absolutely not happening anymore. If you accept this gift giving shot now it will progress to other shit. Hell no for me. My mans ex/baby mama would buy him hella gifts for Christmas and vice Vera. He would get her a Mother’s Day gift. She would send food for him sometimes too. That shit ended really quick. You have to set boundaries

I would not worry about it. It is showing their daughter that both can be civil, they can be fond of each other and be friends even though they are not together. She shares stories let her, it gives you an insight into their relationship. Be glad she is friendly with you and that she is an ally and not an adversary. She sees something in a thrift shop that she thinks he might like I would not worry it is nothing of any expense.

6 Likes

Get some self confidence and work on loving yourself and then her buying him books would NOT bother you.

3 Likes

I don’t know but you said it the coparenting is going well so I’d probably leave it at that and not overthink stuff

This is your problem… not theirs. You cannot control the actions and feelings of other people. No buts, ifs, or ands. Either you except their relationship or you go find someone who meets your needs.

My partner is still on very good terms with his eldest children’s mum,I think its great. There are so many exes at war with each other and children stuck in the middle it’s sad. Its good that they still get on especially if they have children together. If you think the ex is saying stuff just to get a reaction from you then do not react as that is what she wants,if she’s saying anything hurtful or stuff to upset you and your husband doesn’t seem bothered by this then yes there’s a problem. I’m not sure how I’d feel about presents either x

1 Like

It’s nice they get along and are still kind to each other, they shared a life together before you. They have a daughter together, it’s a great example to their daughter that they still are thinking of each other and are considerate. He chose you. They are over.

6 Likes

It’s called good parenting, I hope your boyfriend buys things for her also. It’s wonderful she can still show her daughter It’s ok to love and think about her dad. So many separate and do the opposite.
If he isn’t maybe you can pick up some little things she might like.
It’s all about teaching kids love not hate.

8 Likes

If she gives it to him in front of you, she’s not trying to hide anything. Appreciate the fact that you can all be civil adults and get along for the child…

9 Likes

How we feel about this isn’t important, how do you feel about this? Great parenting has nothing to do with old stories being broad up about a dead marriage.

Co parenting and any form of parenting means that 2 adults (or more if the parents get married again) are colleagues (in raising the same child) it should not be about the fact that they are ex-lovers. The focus should always be on the child, not about old relationships or stories being broad to life.

You are not thinking too much into this, you are clearly having a difficult time with this and your partner should first take you as his partner serious and not his colleague.

5 Likes

I think she is being a d#%k by bringing up their past to you, but it’s more about her than you, she might feel a bit threatened. I don’t think I’d like her buying him things either, it’s not appropriate unless it’s a birthday/Xmas/Father’s Day gift from their child.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t care personally. Depends on What type of stories I wouldn’t wanna Listen to Sex stories but Normal stories I wouldn’t Care to much.

Me & my son’s dad still help eachother out and buy eachother stuff from the kids that they think the other would like need or appreciate we get on better as friends and co parent really well
We wont ever see eachother struggle for anything
And we all get along and all love the kids it’s so healthy and happy for the kids Wich is the main thing xx

4 Likes

I am like this with my ex hubby. We are still family.

2 Likes

The fuck did I just read?? Stop being so jealous of something you don’t need to be :joy: if he wanted her he would go get her you tool. If my partner was this paranoid, I’d leave them on the spot personally, this just sounds like a recipie for mess

Sounds like gifts is one of her love languages and she appreciates having an active father for her child in her life

7 Likes

Unacceptable!!! Nope :-1:t3:

I’d say grow up. I literally had my coparenting ruined for years over petty shit like this and him getting me a mother’s day present until the woman finally realized that we broke up amicably and were literally just being nice to each other. If non flirtatious interaction bothers you do not be with a parent.

Depends who split with who,

l g­e­t p­a­ld o­v­e­r $ 13­0 per hour w0r­king f­rom h­0me. l­ never ­tho­u­ght I’d be able to do it but my buddy makes over $ 15243 a month doing this and she convinced me to try. The possibility with this is endless.

https://upgradejobz1.netlify.app/

As long as she’s not a farm witch,lol!

7 Likes

Hey if heez not ignoring u and reading it all day then you doin good :woman_shrugging::partying_face:

1 Like

Be greatful she isn’t a heathen.

5 Likes

Sounds like they have a decent co-parenting relationship and they’re teaching their daughter to be a decent person. You are with a man who has a child, the child’s mother isn’t going anywhere; if you aren’t prepared to deal with this and their relationship maybe you should re-think this whole thing.

21 Likes

It sounds like she still likes him as a friend. I think she could hold off with the reminiscing in front of you. People are tricky, it may be a conscious or unconscious ploy to throw you off so she can keep him as her best friend. I’d be a little leary of her "sugar-coated friendliness. Often you can tell by how your bf reacts to her. You can tell when they are truly done, or if a spark still exists.

5 Likes

Boundaries, boundaries, boundaries. Coparent peacefully, but now that they are each in different relationships, she needs to stay in her lane.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t care, it teaches healthy relationships to the kids. My bf offers to have his ex other child come over if they wanna go out or need time alone. He even bought her other child some shoes, not cuz mom couldn’t afford it, just cuz he wanted to. i don’t understand why women be so insecure with a man who is WITH THEM AND NOT THEIR EX!!!

10 Likes

The father of your children will always be the father of your children that being said i haven’t been with my ex for YEARS he has started a new family but i still buy him her and their daughter things and vice versa it’s for life he isn’t going away why should I be uncivilized

5 Likes

Sounds like she’s just a decent person.

2 Likes