Do I have a right to be upset that my husband bought a new truck without asking me?

No way in hell. I don’t care if you didn’t have kids and still sit at home and didn’t contribute financially. You are married it’s a team effort. And if you don’t have a “real job” you need to start keeping track of your hours and bill him. He’ll change his attitude quick.

4 Likes

Nope nope nope nope NOPE!!! I’m so happy my husband doesn’t have this mentality!!! I believe a deep and long conversation needs to happen and he needs to try and be open minded about your feelings in this situation.

1 Like

People are soo quick to say this man has bad credit, he can pay off 5 by the time he pays it off, etc. It irks my nerve that people don’t take into account he might be opting to pay it off in more than half the time some of these hypocrites can.
I know my loan was for 5 years (to heighten credit score), my husband paid for his truck in full. Some people can do it.
This man can be making that a week, every few days, or he can be digging them into financial ruin. But she gives little information and its like she wants everyone to be upset at him.
He might have just paid off a pos truck that was on its last leg and the financial institution got him into brand new one that he’ll again, drive until the wheels fall off.
We don’t know

Baseball bat da cunt

If you and the kids are well taken care of and have everything you need, get over it. It is his money.

2 Likes

I will just say i am a sahm and.my husband would NEVER do that. He doesn’t even spend more than like $50 without talking to me first. I have never asked him to do that either. Actually sometimes i think its silly the stuff he asks me if i mind about but i absolutely love that he respects my opinion that much. Your husband is wrong. Y’all are supposed to be as one so he shouldn’t make those kinds of decisions alone.

5 Likes

He is wrong. The money he brings in is for your family. That is a big ticket item! Return the truck!!! He still needs full coverage insurance $$$ it will be well over a grand a month!! Seems very selfish of him to buy that. That money could be used to buy a home, pay down debt, send you to school, investments, but no he bought a truck?? WTH I would be pissed!!!

2 Likes

I’m sorry you’re not in a healthy relationship love. You have every right to feel how you feel. :heart:

3 Likes

Ooooo he and that truck would be out the door

1 Like

With my boyfriend I tell him to do whatever, as long as Bill’s are paid, food is on the table, our kids have everything they need, and all basic needs are met, i don’t have an issue with it. As for the “not having a real job” part. It IS a real job. Being a SAHM is one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. He doesn’t get it because he’s never done it. Maybe he should stay home with the babies for awhile to see how hard it really is.

1 Like

That shows he has no regards or respect for you

3 Likes

Seriously, who raises these men? Where the hell do they come from?

2 Likes

I think you have the right to be mad. Its mutual respect in a marriage, not control… That is a big purchase… Even if you can afford it. I would be beyond mad…

2 Likes

No he is in the wrong here this wasn’t a 1-200$ purchase this is something both of you are in like idk your financial situation but you not working doesn’t matter you could work to pay all of it to daycare if he would prefer that this was something that should be talked about at least

1 Like

Uhhhh … he could have said something. But I mean if the bills are paid and you and the kids have what y’all need then maybe just be happy that he has something that makes him happy :woman_shrugging:t3:

1 Like

no matter what, decisions that big, and that much money should at least be talked about even if not casually. She should have known about it beforehand. Why didn’t he tell her? Makes me wonder why? And she does work. Very hard!!! This was wrong, it is teamwork after you get married! You have a right to be upset mam!!!

2 Likes

You are a team. He couldn’t aford to pay you what a stay at home mom deserves. This should be a mutual decision.

2 Likes

So a guy on here either deleted his comment or blocked me saying that being a stay at home mom isn’t contributing :roll_eyes: hope you see this bonehead. Good luck to whoever you’re in a relationship with!

1 Like

Dave Ramsey would not approve

6 Likes

Oh my, I would be pissed!!!

Luke Duggan she must be a rookie at this :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

10k down AND 900$ a month payments? Plus the insurance? Wtf?! NOOOOO. How?! Like seriously, I would be fuming. And I don’t think there is a truck out there that is worth that much. That’s damn ridiculous!

You need to set down and jot down your work load as a stay at home mom…. Than look up what you would be making an hr per job (dish washer, maid, laundress, cook, nanny (in home 24/7)etc! Nanny, alone can be worth big $$ and the employers is suppose to pay taxes just like any other employer). Darl’n you are worth more $ staying at home caring for YOUR children than your man can afford to pay in one year… unless he is working in a high skilled dangerous job and makes great money! Still he should feel the money sting on his pockets if he had to pay you or someone else to do the job you do! Look into it! Put it in black and white and let him study it for a while!:slightly_smiling_face:

Go drive it into a ditch or of a cliff lol :laughing: yeehaaww

3 Likes

If the only reason your upset is he did without telling you you can express your feelings that you would have liked to been included but if he can afford a new truck without it affecting your budget then maybe he a new truck is a good thing dependable transportation is important and maybe he didn’t think you would have been open to the idea. But is it worth fighting about really in the big scheme of things you have a man that works hard count your blessings and enjoy seeing the man have something he works hard for and be grateful.

3 Likes

Yes because finances should be discuses between the TWO OF YOU.

1 Like

Tell him he’s gonna need that $900 a month plus some to hire a babysitter and a cook and a cleaner :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I would be beyond livid

Yeah, nah, I wouldn’t mind :woman_shrugging: My man works hard to support me & our kids. We want for nothing… He can do what he likes with his hard earned money.

5 Likes

All major purchases needs to be discussed 10k is a lot plus 900 every month I’d be livid plus I’d get a job put the little ones in daycare so he can see how much you are saving him to be home he might think twice next time he does anything that expensive

2 Likes

I would be LIVID. There is no way I’d put up with that. Large purchases need to be discussed and agreed on. I get showing up at the house with a new $100 pair of shoes, but a new flipping truck - absolutely not.

2 Likes

My hubby & I both work. He’s definitely the bread winner but out of respect for one another, we always discuss big purchases.

1 Like

I’m a sahm while my husband works… thats what we decided works best for us at this time. However, regardless if he’s making the money or not to pay that payment we would still talk about it. The least he could have done is discuss it with you first…

2 Likes

Um wow is all I can say. My husband and I would both have a flipping fit if either did this to the other. Sahm work and contribute a lot. Add up how much you being at home is saving the family.

2 Likes

It needed to be discussed.

2 Likes

I’ll play devils advocate here. To be fair, he makes the money. If he knows he can afford it then that’s his right. Yes, just because you’re a stay at home mom doesn’t mean he should not say anything beforehand, but at the end of the day it’s his money and as long as he knows what he’s doing responsibly then he has a right to buy himself something nice… But that’s my opinion.:woman_shrugging: I don’t see what the deal is long as Bill’s are still paid and everything is fine.

8 Likes

Communication is key in a relationship. My SO and I discuss all purchases together even though I’m a stay at home mom and he takes care of us financially.

1 Like

Sounds like my ex. He traded in our nearly paid off car to lease a BMW. How old are you & how long have you been married? Counseling…prayers

3 Likes

He could at least mentioned it

1 Like

He works I take care of our daughter and his visually impaired dad. We have a rule if the purchase is going to be over a certain amount we discuss prior to either of us getting. Yes it’s money he makes but it provides for the family major purchases like that has to be talked about.

1 Like

The audacity. No, you should always have solid communication about everything, even the little things. But to have bought a whole ass new ride without even thinking about asking for your input seems really inconsiderate. Reguardless of whether you make the money or not your a grown ass woman and should always be included.:raised_hands:t2:

Red flag. He should have discussed the buy with you earlier. He feels that you’re not his equal since he is the earner.

8 Likes

It would cost him more in child support and alimony

8 Likes

10k!!! That’s grounds for divorce.

10 Likes

When you get outta debt and he drags you right back !yes I would be upset !money for special occasions has to be hoped for in the budget now!:disappointed::-1: its selfish! work after retirement will continue!

5 Likes

That would be a deal breaker for me. Total lack of respect, and partnership.

7 Likes

Yikes that’s not how a relationship should work

2 Likes

Doesn’t deserve your time consideration or effort because he damn sure ain’t showing you none. That mofo be cleaning his own clothes washing his own dishes and cooking his own meals all on his damn self because he don’t wanna give you none of the perks of stay at home mum so he don’t get none of the perks of go to work dad. Do they not realise this is the trade off when the get with a women. It’s not our job to do anything for them but raise there baby because if we didn’t who would. Nothing is for free and you just spent our paycheck by your God damn self. Fuck that guy he is everything wrong with toxic masculinity. For going to work and providi g for the family you helped create while she literally grows it and makes it makes it a functioning member of society with out anything but a few good times from you. I could literally count the amount of times I was allowed a sleep in because “I just worked 6 days straight!” “Try two years with no sleep you inconsiderate walking knobhead!”

Noone deserves it… you don’t. He sucks.

He’s definitely not a team player. The fact that he thinks he can just do whatever and make big purchases and not talk to you about it cause you don’t work is a big issue. Sounds like this relationship needs a lot of work.

5 Likes

I’m a SAHM and my husband would never buy anything like that without talking about it first. We don’t even typically spend $100 without first bringing it up to the other person. You may not work outside of the home but you are a team and should be working together

10 Likes

Yes. We don’t buy anything expensive (with the except of like clothes, & Christmas gifts) without consulting each other. We’ve been doing this for years, and we just got married last month.

3 Likes

Hate to tell you but staying at home with the kids is a combo of domestic engineer and nanny….check out what you SHOULD be making before you say you don’t contribute!

7 Likes

In my opinion, if you guys can afford it and all of your bills are taken care of then so be it. He earns the money, he has a right to spend it. maybe he didn’t want his other vehicle to lose more value before trade in and was worried about mechanical issues and wear on it.

But if everything else is taken care of, I dont see an issue

3 Likes

That is totally unfair! It is a partnership! If he thinks what you do has no value, let him stay with the kids and keep house for a couple of weeks! Better yet, call around and find out what all the services you provide would cost him if he had to hire someone to do them. Then go out and buy yourself a brand new outfit, and get your hair and nails done without telling him. It would cost a fraction of what he spent, and would make you feel a whole lot better! You deserve nice things too, and if he didn’t have to ask, neither do you!

4 Likes

If you don’t bring in an income or contribute financially, then no you don’t get a say.

However, he should give you a heads-up, at the very least.

14 Likes

Dude. Not ok at all.

1 Like

If he’s got $900/mo to throw away start invoicing him for being a chef, nanny, house cleaner, laundromat ect. Maybe then he will see how much you contribute…but to answer the questions, that’s grounds for divorce.

8 Likes

I see nothing wrong with it. He works hard he deserves it

1 Like

I’m a SAHM and me and my hubby don’t spend over $100 without having a conversation first. I may not work but I am the one who pays the bills and budgets everything so he doesn’t spend anything major without checking what has and hasn’t been paid and what we need is taken care of before he buys things.

7 Likes

Yea, that would be a huge deal breaker for me

1 Like

It is a bit rude for him to not talk to you about it, but he is the bread winner, he is paying the bills so it is ultimately up to him.

First off, being a mom IS a “real job” whether you make money working or you stay home with the kids.

Next, absolutely you have the right to be upset with a purchase like this! If he’s “allowing” you to do things for yourself with no questions asked (hair, spa day, shopping, whatever it may be), then MAYBE I could see where buying smaller stuff like tools or electronics or whatever without talking first would be okay… but not a big purchase that requires a large monthly payment.

I always try to put myself in someone else’s shoes so I can see it from their point of view. I don’t know your situation or the condition of the other vehicle but maybe he thought doing this was okay because the new truck would be more comfortable or something… hopefully that helps?

1 Like

Do you have the money to pay for it ? If so who cares. If not then it should have been discussed

Honey any stay at home mom works. Wow my hubby and I talk when I go get a haircut…just because as a matter of respect we want each other to be in the know. He or I would never think about getting a new vehicle without the other being actively involved.

1 Like

I don’t think my husband has to ask me for permission , I usually tell him like hey I’m thinking about getting a new car or he will do the same … But not permission , but he should have talked to you about it , he was thinking about getting a truck

1 Like

My husband would never

1 Like

My husban is the same way he says its his money cause i dont work. I do everything for the kids and house.

2 Likes

It’s disrespectful as fuck to not have that discussion as a couple before doing it. He was obviously thinking about it, nobody drivers by the dealership and make a purchase randomly unless they have an issue.

10k down and $900 a month seems like he got screwed or his credit is shit…I would never and have never paid that for a new car or truck and my husband would never do that either. With that being said knowing my husband wouldn’t pay that much for a new truck if he did come home with a new one I wouldn’t be too upset because he deserves to have something he enjoys and loves. But my husband would also never go behind my back and just make a huge purchase like that either…im sorry ypu are going through this…I was a stay at home mom for 4 years and I know how frustrating it can be when things are said like that…

The man has to have transportation. He’s paying for it,so it should be his decision…

1 Like

I can’t even think of nice words I would say too my husband if he ever did that and we have been married over 25 years… I think he needs a visit with a financial advisor.

2 Likes

My boyfriend of nearly 11 yrs. Buys trucks and cars without asking me.

But all our bills are paid. I can’t really complain.

2 Likes

Wow lots of archaic opinions on here … a relationship is a two way street. It should not matter who works, who is at home, how rich or poor you are … to not communicate with each other is sad and wrong on so many levels. I would be so upset if my husband did this to me but he has enough respect to treat me like his equal.

14 Likes

Didnt you say you keep house and watch the kids? Honey thats as much a job as any 9 to 5!! My wife and I will have been married 29yrs next month and I did some stupid shit like that once and I could tell it upset her badly because I failed to talk to her about it… Wasn’t a $900 a month truck though… But Thats not the point!! I think under No circumstances should anybody come home with a brand new $900 a month truck!! Plus $10k dropped on it without first discussing it with their spouse. On top of all that, just got one paid off!! Wooooo weee!!

Well I’d be more concerned that as the homemaker, he thinks you have no worth. Get out and get a job, and when he complains about the childcare and maid cost, remind him of how worthless he told you you were. Paying those bills will be a blunt reminder of what you could make caring for someone else’s children and cleaning their house.

21 Likes

Staying home IS work.

6 Likes

Stop being a stay home mom…stand up and go hustler on own your too…you need your own money too big sister…otherwise depression will chip in…please be Independent, depending on a guy, is another heart attack!

4 Likes

Go test drive something and pull in the driveway like you just bought it.:wink: let him feel the feels.

10 Likes

It’s a marriage and he definitely should be discussing financial decisions with you. You have every right to be upset. If he wants to be an asshole about money make him pay for daycare and start working.

Sell the ‘old’ truck without telling him, see how he likes them apples :rofl:

5 Likes

You do work. And when you’re married, the money earned is both of yours. We discuss all big purchases; thats just showing respect for each other.

8 Likes

Anyone else notice the weird “shared” account on here with a guy’s name first just :joy: reacting to any comment saying the guy was wrong. Just funny that the profile is laughing at everything saying the guy was in the wrong but is using a shared account with his wife because someone has trust issues :joy:

3 Likes

Bill him for your jobs as a nanny, cook, cleaner, driver, teacher, and nurse and see how quick his tune changes. You DO have a say in large purchases like that because you are his wife, his life partner. If he didn’t want a partner, he shouldn’t have gotten married. He is now, though, and should respect you by talking to you about these major decisions. My boyfriend and I aren’t even living together, let alone married and he’s talked to me about getting a new car. He respects and values my opinion, advice and experience. Your husband needs to show more respect and appreciation for you.

2 Likes

Uhmmmm yes. That’s a decision you make as partners.

3 Likes

Leave his ass and file for child support but seriously maybe remind him that the kids you are caring for he would be paying out the ass for in just child care alone if you weren’t their doing it for him :ok_hand:t2::raised_hands:t2: ps also remind him that talking to about money is a lot easier then paying you child support :v:t2::metal:t2: seriously

Disrespectful…its both your $$ when your married…should have discussed it with you.

5 Likes

My husband is the sole “breadwinner “, he WOULD NEVER! Especially with a payment that big, must have some crappy credit :flushed:

2 Likes

You stomp tf out and buy a billion dollar dress… and when he asks why… you say to match the truck.

4 Likes

This sounds like my relationship with my baby daddy but I’m the one that bought a spanking new truck lmaooo and he is the one not working and I’m the only one working and providing for the kids and I take care of them. I well deserve the truck so I bought it and also did a down payment of 10k lmaooo

4 Likes

Ur job enables him to do his he could easily be forced to pay 900 in childcare costs no harm reminding him of that!

5 Likes

It was very disrespectful of him to do this … He should have discussed it with you … He sounds like an ass … I’m sorry …

If he put 10k down and his payments are still 900.00 I’m thinking he got screwed!? What kind of truck was it? And heck yeah you have every right to be mad that was selfish on his part!

What fucking dealership? So I can never go. 10k down payment. And still making payments of 900. Sounds like he has a side bitch that needs bout 350 a month to stay quiet and he had to work the money out without you knowing…

He dosent need permission to buy whatever he wants with HIS hard earned wage… get a job then you can buy whatever u want without his permission. Should never have to ok something with your oh :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

He bought the track “without asking” you?. I think you meant “without discussing” Perhaps that is where your financial issues are and he is sending you a message? Of course as a good husband he should discuss with you before making a big purchase…not ask you.

Yes , y’all are suppose to be a couple making decisions together and agreeing on things together and it includes finances.

4 Likes

By the way you do work at home :house_with_garden: taking care of the home and kids is work and a job . Don’t let anyone tell you it’s not bc it is . Your husband is working making money right , so u keep the kids so he can work . He should discuss all things with you before buying anything and it should always be a mutual agreement and an understanding. That is disrespecting you and his family “kids”

5 Likes

You have too much time in your hands hence these thoughts. He sees nothing wrong because that’s what he’s been planning and working for, not because you don’t have a real job.
Occupy your time with something useful else you’ll continue finding reasons why he did things he did without malice.

1 Like

Wtf would anyone want to pay that kind of money and payment for a vehicle…personally I’d assume he makes dam good money and your home is paid off…but…hey, if he can afford to do it and you and the kids aren’t doing without…

1 Like

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Do I have a right to be upset that my husband bought a new truck without asking me? - Mamas Uncut