Do I tell my friend or hold my tongue?

If she ever finds out you knew and didn’t tell her, she’ll probably never forgive you! :100:% tell her!

1 Like

I think it would depend on what you saw. A Man being with a women does not mean affair.
There is so much more information needed before making a decision. If you can’t be certain then your just causing drama and mistrust for no reason. But if you are certain, maybe you seen them making out or holding hands then yes you should absolutely let her know what you saw but in a helpful kind way that shows you care about her.

5 Likes

It’s funny when. A guy cheats everyone says " tell her " but when a woman cheats everyone says " that’s none of your business don’t get into it" the double standard is ridiculous

1 Like

Ask yourself if she saw your husband would you wanna know ?

2 Likes

Tell her she is your friend. have her back.

2 Likes

If you her friend you would tell her, just tell her and don’t involve yourself further, let them figure it out the rest

2 Likes

If I was the innocent wife I would want to know, tell me, asap

2 Likes

The term shoot the messenger comes to mind liars and cheaters always get caught

Believe me she already knows!

If your friend saw your husband with another woman would you want her to tell you ???

Out of the state… another american…england we say out of town…anyhow follow your head…

Help a mama out and respond anonymously on our forum. Do I tell my friend or hold my tongue? - Mamas Uncut

Hmm… I would mention it as this women could of been a family member?? I try not to think the worst of ppl. I would def mention it. Also be prepared for any drama that comes with it. She may not believe you or she may thank you.

1 Like

Are you sure it was romantic? Could they just be associates and friends? Just “seeing” him with someone doesn’t mean anything. Unless they were touching or acting romantically. Just my opinion.
My husband has female friends and if he went to dinner with one it wouldn’t bother me.
This is a vague post. Unless you’re 100% sure he’s cheating, don’t say anything.

3 Likes

Tell your Fucking friend dude

12 Likes

Like honestly is this even a question?

7 Likes

Definitely mention it if your good friend’s, just say it casually in a convo maybe even while there both there say to hubby i saw you the other week with your female friend and see what he says. Good luck :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Doesn’t mean the woman is more than a friend. I used to go out to lunch with male Co workers and that’s all it was.

1 Like

Spill the beans. If she is a true friend she will appreciate it sooner or later.

I would hope my friend would tell me. I would want to know.

3 Likes

If she’s your friend this isn’t even a question.

3 Likes

You tell your friend.

2 Likes

Be like “i saw blah blah with his sister but was so busy to stop and say hi tell him i didnt mean to ignore him” lmao

7 Likes

Girl that’s your friend u better tell her now if it was the other way around then u keep the secret girl code :grin::sunglasses::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Tell her especially now because u know

I’m telling my friend if I see her husband with another woman. 100%. That’s my friend and I would expect the same in return.

2 Likes

If you don’t have proof, be prepared for her not to believe you.

2 Likes

What kind of a friend are you if you don’t say something? Tell her! Wtf kind of question is this.

4 Likes

Just text her and say I saw your husband and a lady thought I would let you know

Yes if it was inappropriate between the 2. If nothing was happening leave it be

As if your even questioning this !!
Glad your not my ‘friend’!!

5 Likes

Mind your business unless she starts suggesting she thinks he is cheating and then go with her on that journey to make sure you know it was for sure cheating. Also do not make a huge deal if you do talk to her about it. Times are changing and that may be a private part of their relationship that helps their relationship work. It may embarrass her for people to know she knows and they are ok with it.

Not your business and you never know how this guy will react to you ratting him out

2 Likes

A good friend would tell. I’ve held back before and watched my friend get even more hurt in the end.

3 Likes

Should have taken a picture. If u tell her, she confronts him, he denies it…he will say ur a liar, drama will be started bcuz u have no proof of it.

2 Likes

You don’t know if a coworker. Business meal. ?? But my bff of 30 yrs… We’d mention it.

If you tell she will be mad. If you don’t tell she will be mad. She will believe him probably. Hard choice.

1 Like

Could be a colleague. I used to travel with my Sales Reps, many times we ate meals just the two of us. We’re still good friends today.

If my friend knew something like this and DIDN’T tell me, her and I would never be friends again. Then again, my friend would have confronted my hubby when she saw him with the other lady and made it well known I would know. After she took a pic of them together.

That’s to say he was doing something wrong. If just having a meal or walking or something, no harm I’m that. Wife may know. If you saw something different that is clearly cheating… Take a photo. :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Hell nahhhh!! This happened once w my best friend. Seen her man w another woman. I called her immediately still in the store. He denied it. She left him couple yrs later.

I would hate for you to be my friend if you had to ask to do the right thing :100: :rofl:

1 Like

If you end up losing a friendship because she’s mad at you for telling her the truth then it’s her loss. But at least you was being a honest true friend. Maybe one day she will finally realize for herself.

Absolutely. What kind of friend doesn’t say something???

2 Likes

Saw him with another woman? Could it be a work associate? A friend? A relative? Not enough information. You could say something and it was just an innocent thing and maybe ruin your relationship with her. How bout if you ask him? If you feel he’s not telling the truth. Then tell her

1 Like

I would tell her but she may not believe it or he could make it like it’s not what you thought . My friends bf hit on me saying he needed a f**k buddy the kids wouldn’t think nothing about (I was aunt Brandy and over there daily ) and I laughed at him and he said what am I to fat for you . So I told her about it and he told her I was lying I was to big for him I was 150 pounds so not real big . And he made her think I was lying to break them up . Well 12years later and even though they aint together he still trying . Mind you I been married to his " best friend" this whole time . I would always tell weather or not the person believes me or not

Have solid proof of cheating or else keep your mouth shut.
No need to stir their pot with misleading or misinterpreted viewings…unless you know, zip it.

It’s not your place to say anything, I have been put in multiple positions such as this and they get to work things out and you would be the trouble maker he might even make her choose between you and him. You dont know if his cheating it’s based on assumptions. It’s not a easy position to be in, but it’s not your place.

1 Like

Take a video next time! :joy:

Believe nothing you see and half of what you hear… I’d look into it before I said anything. Was the interaction innapropriate between the two? If so then yessss tell. If not leave it be.

Tell her what you SAW. Not what you think you know.

6 Likes

Tell him you know, give him a deadline to explain or confess.
Be prepared to be labeled as the bad guy if you do decide to then tell the wife, you’ll be the first person she takes it out on. Good luck.

2 Likes

You can’t say do I tell my FRIEND she might be being betrayed :thinking: if she’s your friend, you should tell her. Don’t tell her that her man is cheating, you don’t know the details. But tell her oh hey I saw so and so, he was with …

5 Likes

Nope. Stay out of it.

1 Like

You tell your friend!!! What kind of question is this :woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3::woman_facepalming:t3:

6 Likes

Is this even a question? If she is your friend TELL HER!!

4 Likes

Maybe mention it casually, if you have evidence that would probably help but maybe stress that you don’t want this to cause issue you just would want her to do the same for you so you could at least have a conversation with your SO. But that it may be nothing you’re just trying to look out for her.

I say tell her what you saw and let her do whatever she wants with the information.

1 Like

If she’s a true friend to u then as a true friend to her, she will appreciate being told…

Yes you tell her immediately. Wtf.

2 Likes

If you want to do the “right thing” and tell your friend just be prepared to be blamed and possibly lose the friendship. Happens all the time.

1 Like

Are you a friend?ok talk it over with her as a friend :thinking:

1 Like

Yea you might be her friend but not a good one

2 Likes

HELL YES !! You take pictures and tell your friend !! He will probably lie his way out of it but let her make that decision .

3 Likes

Yes tell too many diseases out there

Saw her husband doing what exactly?

Tell her- you should have taken a picture-

1 Like

Umm thats yr friend right!! ??? Wouldnt u want somebody to tell you if they were ur “friend”…

4 Likes

Nope, was he kissing her. What if she’s a coworker? Friend? Stranger passing by? Someone else’s sister and waiting for her brother to join them?

1 Like

I wish someone would have told me my husband was cheating on me. It might be hard but you should tell her.

3 Likes

Lots of burned women in this post. Everybody’s assuming he was doing something dirty there’s no context to this post. If my ex-husband was seen with a woman guarantee he was cheating. My current man has friends that are females, occasionally speaks with his ex wife or gf and I can trust him 100% and no he’s going to be faithful. Just because you see a man with a woman doesn’t mean anything!

If I were this women, I hope my friends had the loyalty to tell me he was seen with another women. No matter what, y’all are supposed to have each other’s backs.

If you gotta go that far. Hey dude, fancy meeting you here? Walk up, I’m sure he knows you right. He might introduce the person with him. Or just tell your friend you saw him. Possibly with work people but don’t outright make her think he cheating cuz he might not be.

Umm tell her, girl code. She’s your homie. F-that dude.

4 Likes

You girls should pop up on him and surprise him at his work state. Let her catch him herself
and then be her support

4 Likes

If it was me I would tell her but I’ve had the same friend for over 25yrs!!

2 Likes

It’s a no brainer, if your a true friend!!

3 Likes

Just get some pictures and tell her and have the pictures to if not hell make it out like you’re lying

3 Likes

If it is your friend why even ask? Obviously tell your friend.

2 Likes

Tell her pick up the phone or go to her and tell her

2 Likes

I did that once best friend for 25 years. They are together and hasn’t spoken to me in 10 years. Threw away our friendship

5 Likes

Tell her or ask if she knows who it was

1 Like

Try to find out who it is first. Could be his sister or something.

If you’re not part of the problem or part of the solution, stay out of it.

1 Like

You tell her!! Why is this even a question? I’m sure if it was you, you’d want to know.

3 Likes

I’m 50/50 on this. I told my sis in law about her hubby and I somehow became the bad person… but if I didn’t tell she would be mad… catch 22!
On the other hand I would want to be told…
It’s a hard one for me. How good of friends are you? How long have they been married?

If you tell her be prepared for her to forgive him and possibly stop talking to you

What were they doing when you saw them. Cause you know men and women do work together occasionally. If you feel the need to say something, mention it just in passing, like oh I saw so and so at wherever the other day, with a female. Not judgement no inserting your suspicions.

So I was always told
If you bite your tongue you get blood in your own mouth.
This is your friend? I would tell her.
It may just be a work colleague, it may not.
Either way, if she’s your friend, your friend should know.

i would tell her and would be prepared for the fallout

I would tell him I seen him with a woman and he has a choice where he can tell her or I will

2 Likes

Could have just been a work colleague

Wait and see what happens. Maybe there is a perfectly reasonable explanation, but if you say something you could create doubt and friction where none was needed or warranted.

Yes
Wtf is wrong w people?
Friends like this who need enemies.
I woulda FaceTimed her right then.
No loyalty

8 Likes

Could be his sister, cousin, boss. . . Be cateful!

TELL, just say “hey, I don’t know exactly what it was I saw, but I did see him with a woman. It could be nothing, but I wanted you to know because we are friends & am looking out for my girl. Could be nothing, & I pray that it is, but just know what I’m saying is coming from a place of love.”

14 Likes

If you got a picture definitely tell her. If you didn’t, then I wouldn’t. I know that sounds awful but instead of her believing you, she’s going to believe her husband. Then that might end yalls friendship :disappointed:

She needs to know, but maybe talk to family for help, telling her. But proof works best!!!

Tell her the truth. You may loose a friend but at least your being honest

Should’ve taken a pic/video. Also I would’ve FaceTimed my friend right there. “Hey friend! Look who I just ran into!”

keep your nose out of it

1 Like