Do you get along with your mother in law?

No. We do not get along AT ALL. I’ve never met anyone in my life that tries so hard to make my life miserable. And it’s coming to a head currently.

Me & my MIL get along just ok ! I’m so very Thankful she lives a thousand miles away. My husband is such a mama’s boy he seriously tells her EVERYTHING that goes on in our home and that makes me so angry. I have asked MANY TIMES to not do that but he still does it. So I don’t tell him much anymore. Not to mention she still is thick as thieves with my husband’s ex wife. At first it was so she could have contact with my husbands daughter…my stepdaughter is 30 now. So I say as little as I can to my MIL because she tells everything.

Mine was 2 faced gossip so I knew how to handle her. I’d just feed her some untruths about people & let her spread it until it would backfire & blow up in her face.

Not at all . Face to face I bite my tongue and keep the piece because she is my kids grandmother. But she thinks her son my boyfriend and father of my kids is a perfect angel when he’s no where near it

I absolutely LOVE my mother In law !!! She’s one of the best things that came into my life 17 years ago !! Dorothy Dane love you momma

1 Like

Don’t get along at all…when u find out she talking smack about me behind myback…cut the toxic out of my life.

1 Like

I’ve had 2 mother-in-laws. Both were wonderful.

With most mil it’s jealousy that their son has a new woman and love in his life after his mom is his first love I understand both sides because I’m a daughter in law and a mil I love my daughter in law not only because I have 3 boys and no girls but she gave me a beautiful granddaughter but she is patient and kind and loving to not only my son who she married but also my youngest son who is on the spectrum she’s amazing I got lucky and I tell her and my son all the time as for my mil she was awesome we lost her to breast cancer in January 2020 but she pulled no punches she also loved my older boys as her own even though they weren’t I was blessed her son though sometimes I would love to string him up and beat him lol

1st one we didn’t get along. The second one i love to pieces, just like a mom to me!

Mines dead now but she was awful until I had my son. I told her one insult and she could not see him.

Nope my sons father got wasted and killed himself when I was 28 and pregnant. My son now 8 last year his mother died from cancer . So no

I did before she passed away 4 years ago. We were great friend’s. I miss her so.much

I never see mine she lives 5 hours away from us but we do get along when we get together.

My mother in-law has mental issues that she refuses to get help for. She is toxic to have around the kids. She has tried to commit shocked three times in the past year. So no I don’t get along with her.

I get along with mine pretty well. When she gets to opinionated I just mmm hmm her and tune her out

I haven’t spoken to mine in over 5 years! Lol…so we are getting a long perfectly.

I always got
Along with her
And my husband with my mother
Miss
Then both so
Much

Used too… now it’s just more of hi ok bye… a lot of things came to light so yea…

1 Like

NOOOOO!!! I call her my monster in law! She hates me and I hate her. She moved in with us 4 years ago and makes me cry atleast once a day. She is rude and mean and violent.

I never got to have a mother in law since she passed away 5 months before our wedding.

Nope mother in law father in law and he’s nana and 3 of he’s siblings as he’s mum turned the little ones against me but she hated me from day one anyways as I took her baby boy away from her she not seen her grandsons or he’s dad as they can’t be bothered to see any of the grandkids as they use their sons disability not to travel not even sent a card to none of her kids and grandkids she can’t call or text them always the kids so they gave up as one way traffic

I get along with my MIL she getting older and I have to take her to the doctor a lot, but I don’t mind. My ex MIL no way I couldn’t get along with her for even a holiday get together.

Yes, more so than my own biological mother

I love my mother in law, she’s treats me very kind…

Let’s just say after her 2 week visit I wasn’t upset when she had to leave.

My ex mother inlaw she’s a nice lady but if Nothing goes her way she’s evil like real evil. But my mother inlaw now I would love anything just to meet her. This pandemic is the only thing stopping us from going

My Mother -in-law tolerated me…she felt I took her son away. I did everything I could for her till the day she died.

We get along mainly because I spend a majority of my time buying my tongue…

We get along but we are not that close. Plus she is a drug and alcohol addict

We get along. It’s just my mom and his mom do not get along at all.

I have been very blessed with mine. I feel for all of you here who have had (or are having) struggles. It can’t be easy :two_hearts:

Sure. Shes nice. I don’t call or text her though and usually we only talk when were at her house.

My husband hates my mom though lmao and my mom hates him soooo we can’t all win haha

I do not, no. She likes to blame me and tell everyone im satan because her son and her dont get along. Shes currently in the ICU and im the one keeping up to date on her condition trying to plan on her household stuff but sure im satan :roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

Nope we haven’t spoken in almost 7 years

Unfortunately my mother in law past away before I ever got to meet her :frowning:

I do. We are definitely different but we make it work.

Can I share this with some parents from my school that are looking for help with remote learning

I never met my 2nd mother in law so couldn’t comment :laughing:

I haven’t experienced having a mother in law even though I remarried 3x.

Nope, I refuse to get along with 2 faced people

1 Like

Me and my mother in law get on really well

Sometimes and sometimes not. We aren’t too close but we tolerate each other

My mother-in-law was the best! I wish she was still with us but unfortunately she passed away and I will always miss her!

Oh she hates me. Because she thinks i took him from someone else that she adored. Even though they were broken up for a year when me and him got together :thinking:

I get along with mine! I love her to pieces! :blush::blush::blush:

Nope she wanted a DNA test done on my son because he had a tan. I am Native American and my husband is white

I had the best mother in law a girl could ask for,

Second one very much but my first one not so much

Always got along with my mother in law.

I get along with my MIL but I do t speak to my mother neither does he so

Because of my horrific ex mother in law I vow to not be like that and to not meddle into my sons or daughters relationships or marriages. Mother in laws, some of them, cannot let go of their children due to their own insecurities and can absolutely ruin marriages.

4 Likes

My ex MIL tried to have me arrested. Ultimately was the straw that broke the camels back :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

As I adore my daughter in law

I have court with my in-laws tomorrow… So no!

along not only mother in law father in law sister in law too

I absolutely love mine, and she loves me…I’m her favorite over her son :relieved::joy: and I remind him of that often :sweat_smile::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Nope lol, always bloody mother in laws that are the problem :joy:

My mother-in-law can’t really speak English :laughing: so I guess we get along great​:woman_shrugging: No telling what she says about me in Spanish though :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I was blessed to have 2 awesome mother in laws. My first husband passed after we had only been married for 4 yrs. We had 2 kids together. Ours families had been friends since i was a baby and he was 9 yrs older than me. She treated me like her daughter and I took care of her after my husband died. Then I remarried after 3 yrs of being a widow. The second mother was an angel as well treated me extremely well. We raised his kids and my kids together and she accepted them all as her grandchildren i loved them both very much

1 Like

Mine should have swallowed instead :100:

1 Like

now which mother in law hmm Linda Evans or Lynda Carter or Diane Lane or Nathan Lane or Joan Crawford or Cindi Crawford or Cindy Brady hmm or Thomas Laine or Thomas Cruise or Santa Fe hmm Tammy Faye Dunaway hmmm so which MIL’s

I love mine. She was a great woman. May she rip.

1 Like

My husband gave me my first kiss when i was 13yrs. I am white my husband is Puerto Rican and his dad sent him to p.r because he didn’t want him with a white girl.he came back to N.J six years later.and re reconnected.and been married 37yrs and my mother in law loves me and i love her

My mother-in-law was awesome!! We’d do days our and my hubby would tell to behave. Oh how I miss her.

I get along fine with mine cause she’s not around

I got along great with my MIL i had to have a couple conversations with her, and even after our divorce i have remained close to her

My MIL is fantastic, super sweet and would do anything for us. We’ve been married for 20 years.

We get along famously ! She’s in NYC and we’re in Boston!!! :hugs:

Yes! I’m very blessed to have her in my life. She’s def a bonus mom to me​:heart::heart::heart:

1 Like

Yes. I love my mother in law. She is the best!!!

1 Like

Im lucky, love my mother-in-law and get along great. Over 27 years.

It took 10 years, but we get along great now.

I love mine! I’m so grateful my in laws are fantastic!

My husband Garfield has passed his mum was wonderful love d her

I love mine. She’s a kind, caring, compassionate woman.

Yes. My MIL is amazing and I would be lost without her. :heart::heart::heart:

I’m lucky and have an awesome mom-in-law

I love my mother-in-law so much! She’s truly wonderful.

I love my ex mother-in-law, she’s always been a good grandmother…

I absolutely love my mother-in-law. We have a great relationship.

My MIL is one of my best friends! Reading some of these comments makes me feel the need to go thank her for not terrorizing me lol!

I did she was awesome …she is deceased 10yrs ago.

My MIL is probably my best friend in the whole world. I absolutley adore that woman.

I did get along with my MIL right up until she passed
She was a very sweet woman.

I had a great mother in law.I wish she was still here.

I get along great with my mother in law

Loved my second MIL…may she RIP

My mother in law lives on the other side of the country, we have the perfect relationship!

I have been very fortunate, my mil is now deceased but she was awesome to me from the start and an amazing grandmother to our kids. I truly miss having het in our lives.

Yep! I have a great relationship with my in laws

Yes I love my mother inlaw I actually have 2 one is a step mother inlaw love them both very much

yes, I had a great mother-in-law.

I love my mother in law she’s one of my best friends!

I have the Best Mother-in- Love!!! She is awesome!!!

Loved my mom in law such a sweet lady!!!it’s

I have the best mother in law in the entire world. Hands down.
#portuguesemomsarethebest

Yes we do she is a great lady.

:joy::joy::joy::joy: no. But it has taught me what I don’t want to do when my kids bring someone home. Also, that all of my grandkids matter, not just one.

Yes I did we did alot together wish she was still here miss her everyday.:cry::heart::heart::heart:

I would love to have met my mother in law . She seemed like such an amazing lady from all the stories I have heard of her. Sometimes when my husband is driving me crazy I say a little prayer to her to get her son in check :heart::rofl: I know that sounds crazy but I have always felt like she is looking down on us and out children .

1 Like